July 30, 2014 | 1061 users online

BB Cream - Maybelline - Dream Pure BB Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2014 9:19:00 AM More reviews by fbags1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was good to start with but now I seem to be getting alot of blackheads on my forehead and clogged pores. This is the only thing I can put it down to. Colour is good and keep me matte for most of the day. Smells ok.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2014 7:08:00 PM More reviews by chelseea

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Does everything it claims to

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2014 7:38:00 PM More reviews by Loveandcouturexo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

At first, I LOVED this product. After using this bb cream for about a month now, my opinion has changed, unfortunately. I still think it's a nice product, but there are some flaws that I haven't noticed about it until now. For one, the whole, "acne clearing" thing is b.s. I haven't noticed an improvement in my skin at all. Secondly, I don't think it lasts very well. Even though this is formulated for oily skin, I still find it makes me look very greasy after only a few hours, even if I use a setting powder. I find that even the lightest shade is too dark for my skin and it's hard to tell because it looks like a great match when I first put it on. Like all the rest of maybelline face products, it just ended up slightly orange. I will use this up, but won't be repurchasing.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2014 7:00:00 AM More reviews by macFBfan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

it has a good coverage applied with the RT buffing brush. it covers acne scars well. for active breakouts i need to use additional concealer though.
the thing that i love the most about it is the shade. i use the lightest one and it matches my neutral skin tone really well (im about NC/W 15-20 in mac).
It also has a fair amount of salicylic acid in it.

There are two down sides for me really:
There is no spf. I use a moisturizer with spf underneath, but this by itself would be moisturizing enough. For that reason I feel like i get oily in like about 4-5 hours, so there isn't that much oil control happening. I just make sure to set with a powder (mac studio fix)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2014 9:47:00 PM More reviews by Jaliz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I cannot stand this stuff. I bought it in Deep. I have combination skin and this just makes me an oil slick. I've tried buffing it in for 5 minutes but it still won't stay.

The only thing I enjoy about this BB cream is that it mixes well with my Garnier BB cream when I want a darker look for the day. I can imagine this would be good for people with very dry to dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2014 1:51:00 PM More reviews by AnnKB

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

so far I love this BB cream. I have tried a few and like this the best for coverage and colour.
Superdrug's is the only other one I like but I was tempted by the salicylic acid ingredient as I have oily skin prone to breakouts. I bought it in light as I often find tinted products darken on me, and mediums can be too orange, and so far it is perfect. [I am light/medium in skin tone with warm undertones].
It has the best coverage of all the BB creams I've tried too and I use this to mix with foundations to thin them out a bit (especially if they are a bit dark or orange).
I find i am happy to go out with this and some powder - with high SPF underneath everything.

It's too early to say if the salicylic acid has any effect but will keep using and update.
I have had no reactions or clogging so far and will continue to purchase. It is also really good value compared with some of the prices being charged for BB creams these days.

Packaging is okay although I would prefer a flip top to the screw top lid.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2014 8:41:00 PM More reviews by Makeupaddict08

It has light/medium coverage, which is fine for me. I use the shade medium and it matches my skin tone well. It's a great product!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2014 12:10:00 AM More reviews by ashaleyyy101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first I gave this product a great review, but I think I jumped the gun.
At first it was great, looked really good. But using it every day my skin turned really bad :(
it was like the product was making my skin break out :( like those really sore tight giant pimples around my chin and cheeks.
Anyway, didnt work for me. Also I found the product makes your skin look grey.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2014 12:26:00 PM More reviews by ilovethe80s87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

UPDATE: This stuff is phenomenal! It's actually clearing up my skin! I stay shine-free for a good 3 hours depending on what primer I use (if any), and even then it's nothing a little blotting won't fix. And my local Wal-Mart now carries it in the shade medium/deep which is exactly what I need. I will continue to buy this stuff forever and cry when I can no longer find it.

ORIGINAL REVIEW:
THIS STUFF IS FINALLY IN THE USA AHHHHH!!! Okay so I have wanted to try this for a year but couldn't get my hands on it because it wasn't available in the United States (that I could find in any store or online, anyway). So I was in Wal-Mart browsing the make-up department, I turned the corner to the Maybelline section and BAM! There it was. My jaw dropped and I had to rub my eyes to make sure they weren't playing tricks on me. My God I was so excited!!!

So, onto the review: This BB cream has only 2 mildly comedogenic ingredients, which is great considering most foundations or BB creams have a ton of them. It's oil free, which is great because I don't need extra oil on my face. The coverage is definitely buildable. I like mine to be medium usually, and I can get awesome medium coverage with this (with a little extra coverage on blemishes if I need). I set it with NYX HD studio photogenic finishing powder (great stuff, it's pure silica!) and this keeps my skin looking wonderful for at least 8 hours. I might get a little oily, but it's not disgusting, nothing blotting can't fix. It doesn't settle in the few very fine lines that I have. It actually does a good job of minimizing my pores too :) The color doesn't oxidize either! The color variety that I saw at my Wal-Mart was okay--light sheer, light/medium sheer, medium sheer, and deep sheer. The original dream fresh bb cream had a few extra shades, like medium/deep sheer, which is really what I need, so I bought medium sheer and deep sheer and blend them together before applying, and it turns out perfect. This bb cream does not contain a sunscreen like the original, so I'm a little bummed about that because one of the main things about bb creams is that they have some anti-aging sun protection. It does however contain 2% salicylic acid which is a great acne treatment that can be mixed with cosmetics, and I definitely need a little extra acne fighting boost everyday, and it's great that I don't really have to apply my meds then my make-up. Saves me time!
Overall, this bb cream is terrific so far! I plan to wear it more often to see if any adverse effects occurs (fingers crossed that they won't!). If you can get your hands on this, I recommend you try it!!!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2014 1:43:00 AM More reviews by makeupreviews97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this so much! I'm pretty fussy with bb creams and I've tried allot! This is perfect for school and had some good coverage. Doesn't make me oily and stays on all day long even without a primer! Win win