Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream

3.9

Active Ingredient: 2% Salicylic Acid Water, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Glycerin, Diisostearyl Malate, Kaolin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Salicyric Acid, Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxythyl Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Acrylates Copolymer, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Peg-9, Dipropylene Glycol.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This sounded like the perfect product for my oily, acne-prone skin, but I have to say I'm disappointed. I've only used it 2-3 times and don't plan on using it again. Talk about a waste of money - luckily I got it 50% off.

I applied this product with my fingers the first time I used it and hardly got any coverage. It hid my pores but did nothing for my blemishes. Within a few hours, I could actually feel my skin breaking out. As for oil control, it hardly kept me matte for two hours. I tried it again after a couple of weeks, because I really wanted it to work. This time, I used a brush and the coverage was more decent, hiding scars but not active blemishes. However, because there was more coverage, I noticed that the shade was way too pink on me (I used the lighter shade, by the way - in Australia, we only have two shades). Again, the product broke me out.

Obviously, I did not enjoy this BB cream. I've tried a few others, but I guess BB creams aren't really my thing. I love the IDEA of BB cream, just not the product itself.

on 12/2/2014 5:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This is my HG lazy product and also my favorite to use when my skin looks relatively clear. It covers up a bit of redness but also enough to give you a very natural look. This hasn't irritated or broken me out and I've been using this product for well over 6 months. It also lasts very long because for me, a little goes a long way! It has a nice matte finish and has an okay lasting power. I would definitely repurchase!!

on 11/20/2014 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I actually really like this bb cream. It gives surprisingly good coverage, I have acne scarring and this covers them and evens everything out while still looking natural! It also doesn't have the signature drugstore pink or orange tint. Very natural looking. There is not a heavy matte finish, or dewy, just skin like. I also love that this doesn't dry out my skin or cause it to be oilier, I was unsure because I generally don't use medicated products on my face. I was not expecting this to be such an amazing product. The only downfall is that it doesn't last all day, but nothing can truly be perfect, I'll have to play with primers/powders/setting sprays to see how I can keep it from budging.

on 11/19/2014 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I love this product it gives me great coverage and it doesn't feel like you wearing anything on your face

on 11/7/2014 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Good, but price is a little high.

on 11/2/2014 9:22:00 PM

I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION I am prone to acne and oily/dry skin. its buildable, it's smooth, it's hides your pores, it is great on acne scars. very happy to have found this product - especially at this price!

on 11/1/2014 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

The first time I used this stuff, I was cocktailing it with a bunch of other products: New cleanser (that had 2% salicylic acid), new toner (that had a little bit of salicylic acid), Neutrogena Oil-free moisture for combination skin ( which I HATE) and a 4+ year old sunscreen. Yikes! What a deathly combo!! I tried to use this every day with the moisturizer, but I just couldn't. After 2 weeks, my face started to break out TREMENDOUSLY! Like, in Nodules and Papules, ouch!, and it seemed to last for about 3 months, but then again, I think it was the fact that I was mixing it with other products, aka, the moisturizer. Then I did a test, I used it without the moisturizer, it was a bit better, bit my skin flaked soo much! Then I stopped using the bb cream completely, just the moisturizer, and Bam! I was still breaking out! So it was the moisturizer that caused my breakouts! -.- Then I just gave up, so I just spot concealed the areas with breakouts and PIH. Boom! Such a better difference! Now what I do is just that: "prime" with the horrible moisturizer, than spot conceal with the bb cream! ^.^ Overall, I recommend this bb cream, because you never know if it will work out for you or not, just don't cocktail it! (I'm actually going to repurchase this punk!) :D

on 10/31/2014 11:23:00 AM

I wanted to like this product, but I couldn't. I've used maybelline's dream fresh BB as well, and I'm not a fan of that one either. The 2 creams come out of the tube the same, and are really watery. They apply almost the same too, offering very little coverage, no coverage of my redness. This one however, settles terribly in my pores and on my dry patches and is super difficult to blend. It dries quicker than the dream fresh, and dries with more of a matte finish than a dewy glow. I wasn't impressed. I ended up giving it to my sister after a fee uses and she really likes it, and she has more oily/combination skin. So maybe if you are more oily you will like this product but overall I'm not impressed, and will not repurchase.

on 10/26/2014 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this product but it was impossible. I have acne-prone skin even though I'm 21. After using this product for one week I noticed small breakouts all over my face as well as 2 large, red craters on my cheeks. The coverage is very light and did nothing for my under eye bags or acne. I did enjoy how moisturizing it was and the SPF is always a huge plus. Sadly, I had to throw this away.

on 10/24/2014 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I dont use bb creams alot but when I do my usual choice is actually max factor cc cream so I keep this bb cream as my back up. This product does have a fairly decent coverage and does look and feel smooth and light on the skin, I dont use it often but when I have used it, it has stayed put with my pressed powder over the top, I like to wear my powder as I have a oily t-zone so its good for blotting out any shine, I have not tried the product without pressed powder though. I found that even though I have the product in 'light' its still quite dark and a little orange on my skin, I havent had any problems with breakouts so thats a plus. The price is quite reasonable and the packaging is good. Would recommend but wouldnt use as my main bb cream, just as back up.