July 24, 2014 | 1846 users online

BB Cream - Maybelline - Dream Pure BB Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2014 7:00:00 AM More reviews by macFBfan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

it has a good coverage applied with the RT buffing brush. it covers acne scars well. for active breakouts i need to use additional concealer though.
the thing that i love the most about it is the shade. i use the lightest one and it matches my neutral skin tone really well (im about NC/W 15-20 in mac).
It also has a fair amount of salicylic acid in it.

There are two down sides for me really:
There is no spf. I use a moisturizer with spf underneath, but this by itself would be moisturizing enough. For that reason I feel like i get oily in like about 4-5 hours, so there isn't that much oil control happening. I just make sure to set with a powder (mac studio fix)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2014 9:47:00 PM More reviews by Jaliz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I cannot stand this stuff. I bought it in Deep. I have combination skin and this just makes me an oil slick. I've tried buffing it in for 5 minutes but it still won't stay.

The only thing I enjoy about this BB cream is that it mixes well with my Garnier BB cream when I want a darker look for the day. I can imagine this would be good for people with very dry to dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2014 1:51:00 PM More reviews by AnnKB

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

so far I love this BB cream. I have tried a few and like this the best for coverage and colour.
Superdrug's is the only other one I like but I was tempted by the salicylic acid ingredient as I have oily skin prone to breakouts. I bought it in light as I often find tinted products darken on me, and mediums can be too orange, and so far it is perfect. [I am light/medium in skin tone with warm undertones].
It has the best coverage of all the BB creams I've tried too and I use this to mix with foundations to thin them out a bit (especially if they are a bit dark or orange).
I find i am happy to go out with this and some powder - with high SPF underneath everything.

It's too early to say if the salicylic acid has any effect but will keep using and update.
I have had no reactions or clogging so far and will continue to purchase. It is also really good value compared with some of the prices being charged for BB creams these days.

Packaging is okay although I would prefer a flip top to the screw top lid.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2014 8:41:00 PM More reviews by Makeupaddict08

It has light/medium coverage, which is fine for me. I use the shade medium and it matches my skin tone well. It's a great product!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2014 12:10:00 AM More reviews by ashaleyyy101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first I gave this product a great review, but I think I jumped the gun.
At first it was great, looked really good. But using it every day my skin turned really bad :(
it was like the product was making my skin break out :( like those really sore tight giant pimples around my chin and cheeks.
Anyway, didnt work for me. Also I found the product makes your skin look grey.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2014 12:26:00 PM More reviews by ilovethe80s87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

UPDATE: This stuff is phenomenal! It's actually clearing up my skin! I stay shine-free for a good 3 hours depending on what primer I use (if any), and even then it's nothing a little blotting won't fix. And my local Wal-Mart now carries it in the shade medium/deep which is exactly what I need. I will continue to buy this stuff forever and cry when I can no longer find it.

ORIGINAL REVIEW:
THIS STUFF IS FINALLY IN THE USA AHHHHH!!! Okay so I have wanted to try this for a year but couldn't get my hands on it because it wasn't available in the United States (that I could find in any store or online, anyway). So I was in Wal-Mart browsing the make-up department, I turned the corner to the Maybelline section and BAM! There it was. My jaw dropped and I had to rub my eyes to make sure they weren't playing tricks on me. My God I was so excited!!!

So, onto the review: This BB cream has only 2 mildly comedogenic ingredients, which is great considering most foundations or BB creams have a ton of them. It's oil free, which is great because I don't need extra oil on my face. The coverage is definitely buildable. I like mine to be medium usually, and I can get awesome medium coverage with this (with a little extra coverage on blemishes if I need). I set it with NYX HD studio photogenic finishing powder (great stuff, it's pure silica!) and this keeps my skin looking wonderful for at least 8 hours. I might get a little oily, but it's not disgusting, nothing blotting can't fix. It doesn't settle in the few very fine lines that I have. It actually does a good job of minimizing my pores too :) The color doesn't oxidize either! The color variety that I saw at my Wal-Mart was okay--light sheer, light/medium sheer, medium sheer, and deep sheer. The original dream fresh bb cream had a few extra shades, like medium/deep sheer, which is really what I need, so I bought medium sheer and deep sheer and blend them together before applying, and it turns out perfect. This bb cream does not contain a sunscreen like the original, so I'm a little bummed about that because one of the main things about bb creams is that they have some anti-aging sun protection. It does however contain 2% salicylic acid which is a great acne treatment that can be mixed with cosmetics, and I definitely need a little extra acne fighting boost everyday, and it's great that I don't really have to apply my meds then my make-up. Saves me time!
Overall, this bb cream is terrific so far! I plan to wear it more often to see if any adverse effects occurs (fingers crossed that they won't!). If you can get your hands on this, I recommend you try it!!!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2014 1:43:00 AM More reviews by makeupreviews97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this so much! I'm pretty fussy with bb creams and I've tried allot! This is perfect for school and had some good coverage. Doesn't make me oily and stays on all day long even without a primer! Win win

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2014 6:27:00 PM More reviews by juliaday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Have been using this for about a year and it's okay. It's the first bb I ever tried and so far I always come back to it - not because it's so great, but just because I haven't found anything better yet. (I've tried the Garnier, Catrice, Rimmel Stay Matte, L'oreal Nude Magique, and NYC BBs too and it beats all those but that's not saying much.. Although my main gripe with all those has been lack of colour choice, as I'm about NC15 so I need something pale.) I'll try to remember to update this review if I find anything that beats this.

I want something I can wear on its own without blush or concealer, every day in college and stuff, with just a light coverage so I don't really look made up, and I have oily skin so staying power and oil control are absolute musts.

Colour is good. It only comes in light, medium, and dark I think, which doesn't sound promising at all when you see it, but the light one actually suits me. I would say it's neutral toned, maybe slightly on the warm side.
Coverage is light enough to constitute a "no makeup look" I think, while still drastically evening skin tone and covering any post-acne marks, though I do add concealer for any minor blemishes I happen to have, and I use an under-eye pen too. If you have bad blemishes this won't do the job, I wouldn't describe the coverage as buildable.. But then if you have bad blemishes, I don't think any BB will be enough coverage, sadly.
Staying power is okay, it's still more or less on by the end of the day, and it doesn't cake or go patchy, it just fades down. Oil control isn't the best, it will be matte enough when you apply it, but then I need to blot and powder after 2-4 hours.
And as for the 2% salicylic acid in this BB, which Maybelline claims will improve blemished skin.. I didn't notice any improvement, and I had quite bad acne when I started using this, so I was an ideal candidate for testing this! Salicylic acid is a great chemical exfoliant and is used to great effect in a lot of skincare products, but from what I understand, it has to be a large enough quantity and the correct PH in order for it to work, so maybe this BB doesn't have those qualities.
My only real gripe with this is that the tube doesn't last long. I do use it pretty much every day, which is obviously a lot, but BBs are designed for everyday use, so they could have been more generous with the quantity. Each tube only lasts me about two months max, and at eleven euro a pop I'd like to be getting three or four months out of it.

All in all, it's just an okay BB.. Sorry to keep using that word, just the best way I have to describe it! Not a waste of money, nor anything to highly recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2014 12:10:00 PM More reviews by xruthjox

I'm 25 and have combination skin/oily t-zone, for my job as a nurse getting up even earlier to apply 'proper' make up is not happening... I too like some people was a bit skeptical about coverage but i found it to be very good - light weight but enough coverage for during the day and worn with a little matte powder I didn't have to wipe away any shine all day! Very impressed! Great price, I personally loved the packaging and having recently used the Benefit oxygen wow foundation I found it to be much better than that and at a quarter of the price!! :) marked overall rating at 4 just because to touch it does feel a bit greasy but to look at it doesn't at All x

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2014 3:43:00 AM More reviews by addied

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love the salicidity acid one, I got a sample packet from my Lust Have It subscription box, great matching with my skin and I am a fair to light yellow undertone. It doesn't smear, blends effortlessly & provides a great coverage. I only avoid blending a lot of the product on my nose as it does give me pimples there but not anywhere else. For the price and the amount you get, it's a good deal. Love it and will repurchase when I run low.