Mary Kay Satin Hands

4.3

on 2/7/2008 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I got this as a bonus gift from an eBay purchase. I have never been fond of Mary Kay products at all, but this is an exception. I must have gotten an older version of the product because mine has a total of 4 tubes. I let this sit around for about a month before trying it. I decided to try it one night before bed. My hands are always dry, as I wash them at least 20 times a day (I work in my husband's medical office). One thing that always drove me crazy was that my fingertips were always dry and I always had to use some kind of fingertip moistener to even be able to flip pages of papers, etc. so I was hoping there would be something that could relieve the constant dryness. Anway- I thought this 4 step system would be such a huge pain, I mean how am I supposed to handle all these tubes with goop all over my hands. I realized later that the best method is to lay the tubes in a row and already have them all opened before starting the treatment. I really love the scrub itself, the thought of exfoliating my hands was a wierd concept. I thought simply by washing them so many times they were getting exfoliated enough. Boy was I in for a surprise! This sytem is simply awesome. I even noticed a difference in my dry nails and raggedy cuticles after one use. And the next morning at work after the first hand washing with the harsh soap I use, I immediately noticed how soft my hands still felt even after drying them. I was very happy. I also noticed that whenever I was thumbing through papers, etc that I didn't even need to moisten my fingertips. That in itself was a huge difference for me. I couldn't stop touching my hands all day. I have since used this system on my hands and feet at the same time, and my feet feel awesome! I use H20's foot pumice which is awesome in itself, but this is also a great product to go a little further in the moisturizing process. I have since started using the Mary Kay system on my husband's hands since they can get a little rough and he really likes it too. Once I use up the product I have, I will definitely purchase again and again. My only grip is the tubes with the flip top caps, but I read other reviews that state they have new packaging, so I am all for that! Try this out, you will really love it!

on 1/19/2008 1:36:00 AM

Love that the scrub & cleansing gel is now in one step - and a pump! Once the extra emolient cream is rubbed in my tube of scrub and then gel got goopy. This really does a great job on smoothing out my hands and making them soft, but I wish the hand cream came in fragrance free.

on 1/9/2008 7:50:00 PM

I got a mini set of this as a gift and love it. It makes my hands baby soft without being overly greasy or highly scented. The balm absorbs amazingly well and I've gotten many compliments on my hands since using it, that never happened before so it has to be the product. A little pricey but worth the splurge.

on 1/4/2008 5:51:00 AM

It's too rich for my hands; however, I love it for my feet!

on 12/16/2007 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

i used the 3 steps...i dislike the smell of the lotion. it reminds me of old plastic band-aids. it does an awesome job of smoothing rough dry hands for winter.

on 12/13/2007 6:55:00 PM

This is one of my favorite Mary Kay products and as a former consultant I have tried most of them. I use the 3 piece set but I squeeze the extra emollient cream and the exfoliating scrub into my hands at once to save a step. I rub them all over and then rinse off with warm water. After drying my hands I apply the moisturizing lotion which is pretty rich. I have dry skin so I love it and its new mango scent. I have a friend who has chronic sweaty hands and she says this is the only thing she can use that doesn't just go away. They make a mini set and I recommend anyone try it.

on 12/9/2007 1:04:00 AM

This is a great set. I like to use it at night and then put on moisture gloves and sleep with them on. I also use it on my feet and sleep with socks on. Great item!!!!!!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i received a sample of the Satin Hands Hand Cream from a Mary Kay consultant in my neighborhood. i've been using it for almost a month now; the sample lasted quite a while. this lotion is richer and more emollient than the Vaseline lotions i've used before. the packaging was very attractive, and i didn't need a lot of the product to moisturize my hands. it made my hands smooth and silky, and it smells wonderful. i would definitely buy it again.

on 10/31/2007 5:54:00 PM

I have pets and I pet them. I wash my hands a few dozen times a day and go through hand cream like crazy. I can visually see the difference after using this kit. I have tried many other brands and so far MK Satin Hands works the best for me.

This 3 piece kit is phenomenal. I have repurchased numerous times.