November 1, 2014 | 749 users online

Lips - Jordana - Jordana Twist & Shine Moisturizing Balm Stain

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2013 1:31:00 PM More reviews by Sofia321

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love these. I think they stain lips great and once the "balm" part has rubbed off lips are still tinted with the color. I bought nude chic, honey love, and cranberry crush. Honey love is gorgeous! They smell amazing too. I'll probably end up buying the rest of the colors soon.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2013 10:04:00 AM More reviews by MrMontyBurns

I hate to be a party-pooper, but these sadly didn't work for me. The application and staying power were great, but the colors all turned on me. I got:

*cranberry crush*--Color is very true to packaging. Verrrry bright fuchsia. With my coloring (fair skin, dark hair) I looked like a deranged clown (though I consider all clowns deranged-looking). I do think this could look awesome on someone with darker or maybe olive skin.

*honey love*--Swatched on my hand, looked like a cool, pretty rose. Again, true to packaging. On my lips though, which are averagely pigmented, it turned into a very bright pink.

*terra crave*--This one I'd had the highest hope for. On my hand, looked like a soft brick red. But once again, turned into a garish bright pink on my lips.

Application is smooth, not sticky, and feels reasonably moisturizing. I appreciate that the color is buildable and not sparkly. I must just have weird lip chemistry or something.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2013 12:34:00 PM More reviews by Seadoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

These are lovely lip balms. I have the Candied Coral, this is more of a cream lipstick than balm, it lasts for hours. It is a beautiful coral pink color, I bought a back up, I rarely do that. I also have Honey Love, which is more balm like, doesn't last terribly long, is MLBB, very smooth with a very slight shimmer.

Edit: 12-15-13
Just wanted to say, the Candied Coral does leave a reddish stain. If I don't want it to stain, I apply the Honey Love lightly and use the Coral over it, this also softens the coral color a little bit, which is very lovely.

I love that they are made in the USA.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2013 9:06:00 AM More reviews by mexicancrackles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in the shade Candied Coral. This is amazing, it's as moisturizing as a lip balm and the pigmentation is crazy. The package, price and quality are amazing. Highly recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2013 6:39:00 AM More reviews by weedita

I first heard about these on YouTube and they were so hyped that I just had to run out and get some. I was actually surprised because my Walgreens had just ONE every color still in stock. And that never happens to me so it just proves that the universe wanted me to have them all so I grabbed them all in one pop. But at $2.99 each it wasn't going to break the bank if the product was a bust. .

First off, I really love that they come shrink wrapped which guarantees that you are not buying a color already tested/abused by some other shopper. That is one of the things that really bothers me when I am shopping for drugstore products. 80% of the time the first item in the rack has been tested and put back in the rack for some other poor soul to buy if the don't check it first. So a lesson to us all. Always take the time to check, it will save you from having to make another trip to make a return.

Now onto the color range, I think that Jordana did a great job of checking all of the boxes and including colors that will appeal to the majority. They have the requisite pink, red, fuchsia, and berry. I would have liked to see them take a few risks and add a purple and orange in the mix. But I am hopeful that they will expand the line in the near future to add more statement-y colors. I am NC-45 with mauve pigmented lips. So a few of the colors came up lacking in the pigmented department to override my natural lip color. Candied Coral and Tropical Frenzy, I am looking at you with disapproval..And Nude Chic is another regret. It is just filled with silver glitter which adds a chunky texture to the lips (which I cannot stand) and once the color is gone the glitter stays behind so that it can travel all over your face and end of in random areas like a nostril or earlobe. Bonus! To be perfectly honest, none of them stained my lips whatsoever. YMMV. The Revlon Kissable balm stain do leave with a slight wash of color that last all day. So they might be the better option if the budget will allow.

Now, let's talk about the smell. This product smell to me like dry erase markers mixed with some sugary candy concoction. I usually don't notice smells but this smell is noticeable and noticeable for quite awhile on the lips. So that is another negative for me. But I just apply some cherry Chapstick and keep it moving.

The wear time is decent. I have to touch up couple times through the course of the day. They do feel somewhat moisturizing on the lips but I always wear Chapstick to combat any dryness.

Do I regret purchasing? Nope! They do a great job for the price. Would I repurchase? Yes, I love Terra Crave, Cranberry Crush, Rock N Rouge, and Honey Love so much that I already have backups stashed.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2013 11:10:00 AM More reviews by cosmeticluv18

Love this! I have it in candied coral, a neon peach pink color. Stays on almost all day, I only have to reapply once!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2013 2:10:00 PM More reviews by babysharks

Perfect dupe for all the mid to higher end balm stains out there! I went into Walgreens looking for a certain shade of Revlon's Balm Stain and was disappointed to see that the selection was pretty minimal. I was leaving the store and thought I saw the Revlon stains up front, but they turned out to be $4 tubes of Jordana Balm Stain! I've had good luck with Jordana pencil liners and gloss before, so I decided to give "Honey Love" a try and I'm so glad I did. This was an exact dupe for the Revlon shade I wanted! Great staying power, not drying, and the price can't be beat. I'm looking forward to trying the other colors.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2013 8:23:00 PM More reviews by Terese4444

Fabulous product if you can find a shade that works for you. I love stains but most of the time they turn bright & obnoxious on my nc15 fair skin so bought Sweet pink but it turned way too bright pink, Honey Love was mauvey nude, but Nude Chic was perfect! Glossy, mlbb color that lasts and is cheap. I've tried the stick stains, crayons and markers, from several brands h/e and d/s and this is the best color for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2013 3:34:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Yup these are just as good as Clinique chubby sticks & Revlons just bitten kissable balms. I've tried quite a few of these guilt free as 3 of them are the cost of one of Revlons! The formula is thinner & the color more saturated, one swipe gives full opaque color. It feels smooth like a balm & the darker shades leave a stain while the nuder shades wear off quicker. However I reach for the NC more, the brighter shades are too much for my NC20 skin, barely pigmented light pink lips. My mother whos fair compared to me but has darker lips is able to get more use out of the other shades. Perosnally, I use the HL & TC as a base under other lippies. The SP & CC are never touched because there too extreme for me. I want to pick up the red shade to feather out & give the popsicle ombre effect for the colder months. Heres the breakdown of the ones I own so far:

Nude Chic-taupey brown with silver glitter, leaves glossy sheen
Sweet Pink-pastel cool pink, matte finish
Candied Coral-pastel bright orangey coral, matte finish
Honey Love-darker version of Nude chic. More brown with silver glitter
Terra Crave-Caramel tan brown, satin finish

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2013 7:55:00 PM More reviews by dachua

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hate to be the first one to say I was disappointed with this! I bought it in Honey Love, it's a very natural color, definitely 'ylbb'--so much so that I can hardly tell I'm wearing it except for a slight shine. I wouldn't complain about a product based on color, maybe I should have picked something a bit more saturated--but my biggest complaint is that I found it to last (no exaggeration) about 10 minutes, then it was gone. Pretty much a do-nothing product for me. I gave it a 3 because of price and how it feels going on, but no stain, no staying power at all for me.
I decided to purchase in Terra Crave also while these were on sale. Nice, but I don't find it to have much color at all--kind of a brownish pinky-coral that just enhances my natural lip. I find that unless I use a very light application, I end up with lipstick crumbs at the corners of my mouth. No one has mentioned this, maybe I'm the only one who's experienced it.