July 29, 2014 | 1130 users online

BB Cream - Ponds - Luminous Finish BB+

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by galactic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been looking for a BB cream for a long time, ever since they bumped my regular tinted moisturizer in favor of the BB fad. I tried Lorac, which only looked like I rolled my face in putty, and Physician's Formula, which was so dark it looked like I spent the evening with just my head locked in a tanning box. I saw the reviews for Pond's on many sites before deciding on this one, and I'm pretty content.

It's not drying by any means. It's kind of thick, and a little actually does go a long way. It feels like it adjusts to my skintone, but I can't prove that. I put on a little too much this morning and it looked absolutely ghostly, but with a little provoking it turned out great. Usually, with thicker foundations or tinted moisturizers that sink in quick and stick, I'll have to remove the entire product completely and restart, but this BB cream allowed me to blend until it was perfect.

It does feel interesting, but I wouldn't say it's oily. It's kind of dewy, and it feels very soft. When I run my finger over my face, it feels like my face had just been moisturized. You know that feeling? It lasts all day for me, personally, all I have to do is give a little blend around the nose and, if I feel like it, pat the tiniest amount of powder on to reduce shine.

I have pretty picky skin. Combination, dominantly oily though, and very pale with lovely cystic acne sprinkled on top for effect. Obviously, my skin is beautiful perfection. I run NC20 almost year round, and the light tone fit me well. It actually covered the redness around my blemishes and nose/cheeks, and if I need to I can layer a bit more and toss on a little concealer. It seems like it's helping my acne, by avoiding heavy foundation I imagine but still, and it even fills in my pores without breaking me out, which is amazing to me. I have pores that can be seen from the moon, so to find something that instantly diminishes a lot of that is pretty much my holy grail.

I'll continue to use this at least through the winter, but probably year round. I love how natural it feels and looks, plus I don't find flakes of product around my dry areas at inopportune times.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2013 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Esmeraldaaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sent me to the doctor I got a reaction to it. Don't dry. It's dangerous. Product is too thick anyways and goes oily quickly

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2013 11:09:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I picked this up in Light and Medium. Light seems to be a good match, maybe a touch too pale for my yellow/olive MAC NC20 (or in GA Luminous Silk 4.5, NARS The Radiant Cream Foundation in "Fiji", Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hr Foundation in Light-Medium Sand) coloured skin but once blended looks good and would likely work for anyone in the NC/NW15-20 range. Medium is a bit too dark on me and the tone does not match at all and oxidises darker, but it can possibly work for anyone NC/NW25 and above. This is better than most typical "Western" style BB creams = over-glorified tinted moisturiser, the Pond's at least offers more coverage, easy blendability and a very smooth texture with no greasiness.

Worn on it's own this gives light, but easily buildable to medium coverage with a satin/semi-matte finish but does look very natural and skin-like. It is also affordable at about $10-14 USD. This seems to last about 5-6 hours on my skin with a light dusting of powder in the t-zone area only, fades evenly and does not look thick or heavy at all. This also has SPF 15 with Octinoxate 7.49% and Zinc Oxide 5.12%

Unfortunately the biggest con is the fragrance, while this does not smell bad (but it does remind me of cleaning products, has that overly fresh/floral smell) I prefer unscented or at the very least lightly scented products. The scent in this BB cream is SOOOO strong, and after I put this on my face I can smell it an hour later. My husband can even smell when I'm putting this one on. Why add so much fragrance and ruin a good product? It's way over the top for my skin, the scent is stronger than any other BB cream (Missha, ElishaCoy, Garnier, etc) I have ever used to date. I won't be using this BB cream on a regular basis because I've noticed heavily scented products tend to ruin my skin in the long run. Plus, I own better BB creams that match perfectly and do not have a heavy scent. I gave it 3/5 - because of the strong perfume and because I can't even wear it due to this.

While this is nowhere near being a horrible BB cream performance-wise, it is a shame Pond's marinated this formula in so much perfume - I would not recommend it for anyone with sensitive skin or reactive skin due to the fragrance.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by kellybethga

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

I love this. I have very pale, pink-undertones skin. It covers fairly well but it's light enough you can just slap it on. Leaves a dewy, glowy finish, and doesn't turn orange. You do NOT want to use this on oily skin, however, I use mineral foundation on my t-zone instead. I've had people ask what I use on my skin since using this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Southernbell1301

I love this BB cream! I was so sick of foundations looking heavy on my skin and this was the solution! It is light but still with good coverage. It also last 6-7hrs without setting powder and provides a satin finish. Great product and love for Fall/winter.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2013 10:42:00 AM More reviews by emily0212

This is a tentative review. I'm only on day 2 of wearing this stuff. It's nice. I use a Real Techniques expert face brush to apply and it disappears on my skin so Light is a good match for my paleness. Glowy but not in a shiny gross way. Almost covers the rosacea, there is a bit peeking through, but I can live with it. Not transfer resistant, I'm not expecting it to be, but I'm used to transfer resistant foundations. I absentmindedly scratched the side of my face and it is all over my nail. Ew. Scent is TOO STRONG! It does fade eventually and I'm not overly sneezy or itchy so we'll see if I react further. What I really liked about this is that when I washed it off yesterday (my first wearing) my skin was SO soft. I'll update my review with future wearings.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2013 8:15:00 AM More reviews by ceila

I was really excited to try this, the application was so amazing ... Everything u want from a bb cream , natural soft veil on skin that looks like u have naturally flawless skin, covers nicely with matt but not flat velvety finish..
Unfortunately, it flamed my skin with bumps and roughness :( :(
I didn't want to believe it was from this bb cream .. So I cut it and my skin was back to normal in a week ... I gave it another chance after two weeks but oh no the same irritating skin reaction came back ... I really want the results of application but can't compromise my skin's condition ... Not buying again

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2013 7:50:00 AM More reviews by Makeupkitty83

This is for ponds flawless whitening bb cream. I have face atelier porcelain shaded skin. Great alternative for summer days. The product is cheap n cheerful. Probably a little but dark when first goes on but oxidises to a perfect pale matte and lasts all day. I have dark circles and some chin redness also covers both well. Really inexpensive alternate for everyday use in summer when you don't want heavy product and waste money on product that'll slide off as soon as you go into 35 degree heat and 60 humidity

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2013 10:58:00 AM More reviews by Autumn13

I've been using Pond's BB Cream for nearly a month now. I have the medium and works well for my skin tone. I haven't tried enough BB cream to be an expert but I've tried many so that I can at least say that I know what I like and what my skin likes. The Asian's BB creams were lovely I don't have time to sit and wait until the grey cast disappear. I don't have much time in the morning and I want to put something on to "blur" my many imperfections. This feels very light on your skin and I can see that has lighten the couple dark spots I have, a plus. I usually add a finishing powder and I'm ready for the day.

I've already purchased a backup for the cold months and will more than likely be wearing less makeup and this fits the bill.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2013 1:16:00 AM More reviews by jazmin3012

I LOVE THIS STUFF it is great for natural coverage
Unfortunately when I ran out I thougt I would try another bb cream I got the rimmel and wet and wild bb creams and after I tried it none stood up to my beloved ponds... I think I would repurchase both bb creams (except the rimmel maybe)