September 22, 2014 | 1584 users online

BB Cream - Ponds - Luminous Finish BB+

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2013 4:36:00 PM More reviews by kiyoshiro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

It honestly looks completely natural, and in the winter season where my skin clings to any kind of foundation no matter how hydrating it claims to be/how much moisturizer I put on, I need something like this where it just glides right on. It has a slightly pink undertone which is forgivable because I am a neutral tone. I got it in light and I'm around N15-20 (I'm guessing since I have never used a MAC product). Decent coverage (for a Western BB cream) but it will not cover dark marks so expect to use concealer with this. So far I've used this for 2 weeks and no clogged pores or new breakouts other than hormonal ones so I would say good for sensitive skin. I bought it at CVS for $14 so try and find a different store because I'm sure they sell it cheaper than that.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2013 6:28:00 PM More reviews by playboy_mommy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I received a sample of this in the mail from CVS, and I thought, let's see how badly this one fails. I hated BB creams.They sank into my pores and fine lines even worse than liquid foundation, with the added bonus of the color being totally off. They never seemed to apply evenly, and the result was a streaky, greasy mess.

But with this, I was shocked. The cream actually did what all the other bb creams claim to do. It virtually disappeared into my skin, and really did even the tone and soften imperfections. I went out and bought it. After a few weeks it still does the best job of any bb cream I've tried.

It really does leave your skin looking dewy and hydrated, and amazingly, it does not settle into fine lines. It will settle into pores and some deep creases if you have them, but even then, it's not very noticeable.

I probably won't buy again only because I don't like bb creams in general. Less is definitely more now that I'm 40, a good moisturizer plus concealer usually do the trick.

The metallic pink packaging is rather chintzy looking, and for a Pond's product it was a little pricey, so one lippie off. But I recommend giving it a try!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2013 10:26:00 AM More reviews by meeeganxxO

BB creams always scared me because I like pretty good coverage, but I got a sample of this and liked how it left my skin with a dewy finish so I bought a full size. As I said, it leaves a dewy finish which I appreciate, blends well, and doesn't have terrible coverage. As long as you use a concealer too, as I do, this could replace your daily foundation! It replaced mine. Oh and the packaging is pretty! New HG bb cream!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2013 8:29:00 AM More reviews by mdriggers09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I received a free sample of this in the mail so I thought I'd give it a try.... wonderful!! I will be buying a full size of this today :)
I usually use the Revlon Colorstay makeup so I put this on thinking I would put my makeup on over it. Boy! I don't even need my foundation with this. Tiny bit of concealer for trouble spots and my skin looks flawless. I just put it on so I'll update later with my end of the day results.
My only complaint; the smell is super sweet and gave me a headache but it's slowly fading.

Update: So I returned this.. I just couldn't get over the smell :(

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by ladypamela1

This is heavenly! I have normal/combo skin and this feels and looks so good. Seriously this is as good as my Bobbi Brown tinted moisturizer for a fraction of the cost. It is light to almost medium coverage giving me a glowy but not greasy look. I actually bought this on a whim when I went to Target planning on just picking up a backup of the cold cream but they had the cold cream full size free with purchase of this BB cream and I couldn't resist. I will happily pay the normal $10.00 asking price for this again. I got the light color which is a very good match for my nw25 skintone. This is perfect on good skin or bad skin days when I just want my skin to breathe without layers of junk all over it. Great job, Ponds!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2013 9:28:00 AM More reviews by laurennr23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this stuff. I have oily skin but since its winter and im on prescription topicals and antibiotics for my acne, my skin has gotten really dry. Ive always used ponds wipes and i have a cold creme from them and theyve never clogged my pores or caused acne so i tried the bb cream and im so glad i did. I use it as my morning moisturizer/ foundation then go back in with my bareminerals foundatin and conceal anything that didnt get covered. It keeps my skin hydrated and glowing. And it lasts all days and doesnt slip off my face. Last winter i used maybelline dream fresh bb cream but i didnt like how liquidy that was. This ones thicker but yet feels light on the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by galactic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been looking for a BB cream for a long time, ever since they bumped my regular tinted moisturizer in favor of the BB fad. I tried Lorac, which only looked like I rolled my face in putty, and Physician's Formula, which was so dark it looked like I spent the evening with just my head locked in a tanning box. I saw the reviews for Pond's on many sites before deciding on this one, and I'm pretty content.

It's not drying by any means. It's kind of thick, and a little actually does go a long way. It feels like it adjusts to my skintone, but I can't prove that. I put on a little too much this morning and it looked absolutely ghostly, but with a little provoking it turned out great. Usually, with thicker foundations or tinted moisturizers that sink in quick and stick, I'll have to remove the entire product completely and restart, but this BB cream allowed me to blend until it was perfect.

It does feel interesting, but I wouldn't say it's oily. It's kind of dewy, and it feels very soft. When I run my finger over my face, it feels like my face had just been moisturized. You know that feeling? It lasts all day for me, personally, all I have to do is give a little blend around the nose and, if I feel like it, pat the tiniest amount of powder on to reduce shine.

I have pretty picky skin. Combination, dominantly oily though, and very pale with lovely cystic acne sprinkled on top for effect. Obviously, my skin is beautiful perfection. I run NC20 almost year round, and the light tone fit me well. It actually covered the redness around my blemishes and nose/cheeks, and if I need to I can layer a bit more and toss on a little concealer. It seems like it's helping my acne, by avoiding heavy foundation I imagine but still, and it even fills in my pores without breaking me out, which is amazing to me. I have pores that can be seen from the moon, so to find something that instantly diminishes a lot of that is pretty much my holy grail.

I'll continue to use this at least through the winter, but probably year round. I love how natural it feels and looks, plus I don't find flakes of product around my dry areas at inopportune times.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2013 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Esmeraldaaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sent me to the doctor I got a reaction to it. Don't dry. It's dangerous. Product is too thick anyways and goes oily quickly

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2013 11:09:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I picked this up in Light and Medium. Light seems to be a good match, maybe a touch too pale for my yellow/olive MAC NC20 (or in GA Luminous Silk 4.5, NARS The Radiant Cream Foundation in "Fiji", Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hr Foundation in Light-Medium Sand) coloured skin but once blended looks good and would likely work for anyone in the NC/NW15-20 range. Medium is a bit too dark on me and the tone does not match at all and oxidises darker, but it can possibly work for anyone NC/NW25 and above. This is better than most typical "Western" style BB creams = over-glorified tinted moisturiser, the Pond's at least offers more coverage, easy blendability and a very smooth texture with no greasiness.

Worn on it's own this gives light, but easily buildable to medium coverage with a satin/semi-matte finish but does look very natural and skin-like. It is also affordable at about $10-14 USD. This seems to last about 5-6 hours on my skin with a light dusting of powder in the t-zone area only, fades evenly and does not look thick or heavy at all. This also has SPF 15 with Octinoxate 7.49% and Zinc Oxide 5.12%

Unfortunately the biggest con is the fragrance, while this does not smell bad (but it does remind me of cleaning products, has that overly fresh/floral smell) I prefer unscented or at the very least lightly scented products. The scent in this BB cream is SOOOO strong, and after I put this on my face I can smell it an hour later. My husband can even smell when I'm putting this one on. Why add so much fragrance and ruin a good product? It's way over the top for my skin, the scent is stronger than any other BB cream (Missha, ElishaCoy, Garnier, etc) I have ever used to date. I won't be using this BB cream on a regular basis because I've noticed heavily scented products tend to ruin my skin in the long run. Plus, I own better BB creams that match perfectly and do not have a heavy scent. I gave it 3/5 - because of the strong perfume and because I can't even wear it due to this.

While this is nowhere near being a horrible BB cream performance-wise, it is a shame Pond's marinated this formula in so much perfume - I would not recommend it for anyone with sensitive skin or reactive skin due to the fragrance.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by kellybethga

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

I love this. I have very pale, pink-undertones skin. It covers fairly well but it's light enough you can just slap it on. Leaves a dewy, glowy finish, and doesn't turn orange. You do NOT want to use this on oily skin, however, I use mineral foundation on my t-zone instead. I've had people ask what I use on my skin since using this.