November 24, 2014 | 1709 users online

Brows - Maybelline - Expert Eyes Twin Brow & Eye Pencils

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2010 1:35:00 AM More reviews by cindyt36

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I grew up with 2 older sisters and they both use it till this day. I personally see why they really like it. It's very smooth, blendable, cheap and not chalky like some other brow pencil like Wet n Wild. I will always buy this.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/20/2010 5:10:00 PM More reviews by majormakeupmaniac

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my first-ever eyebrow pencil purchase, and I am very disappointed.
The product is extremely dry and chalky which makes it difficult to get a good color pay-off. I found it very difficult to blend and achieve a natural look. I purchased this in the shade 'blonde' and for the most part it matches my hair, despite the orangy-ness if applied to heavily. I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2010 10:43:00 PM More reviews by ManhattanMermaid

I use this in CHARCOAL GREY, it is and has been HG for me for at least 10 years. It's the only thing that works for my oily skin (the dryer consistency & waterproofness makes it last and last) and the color match is so natural and perfect for my sparse charcoal brows! No red, yellow or orange undertones. I am so DISGUSTED with Maybelline for DCing this! The only other thing that ever worked for me is Cliniques Charcoaled Brow Powder but it doesn't last as long or look quite as good... I don't know if I'll ever find a dupe. If anybody knows of one, please PM me.

EDITED 2-26-10
I found a great dupe ladies!!! It's MAC Impeccable Brow Pencil in Taupe. Very close in color and feel. It's permanent too! =)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2010 3:41:00 PM More reviews by iAwesome

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in dark brown I think. It works very well and last for a long time. I'll put it on at 8 AM and when I get ready for bed at 2 AM there's still come there. My only qualm is that the pencil is a little on the red side. But if you just blend it well and don't draw too thick you should be fine. It lasts through summer sweating and doesn't smudge at all. So yeah; this is good stuff.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2010 1:25:00 AM More reviews by womanwarrior

I'm Asian with soft black hair and fairly sparse brows. Both the Blonde and Gray shades of these Maybelline pencils work great on me. I'm talking Shu Uemura Seal Brown great. When I'm in a hurry, I actually prefer the Maybelline b/c it requires less pressing to show up.

If you're Asian, don't bother with the Black (unless you like the Sharpie look) or Brown (too red). I tried those years ago. Like back in the 80s when I had to ride my bike to the Rexall to buy makeup. We considered these eyeliners back then (again, not recommended. way too hard and will tug at your skin). But I enjoy the reminiscing whenever I pull one of these out.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2010 1:04:00 AM More reviews by turquoiserose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This wasn't too bad, but I prefer the ultra-brow powder instead in dark brown. The only reason I'd really buy this is if I couldn't get the ultra-brow.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2009 10:24:00 AM More reviews by ticklemeyellow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

These pencils are HG status for me. I was loyal to the charcoal shade from the moment I discovered it in college. You could imagine my surprise when it was discontinued last year & the frustration it entailed looking for a reliable substitute. I tried a couple of DS brow pencils but they were either the wrong shade or too waxy. Anastasia's brow powder in med. ash was a good shade match but I don't have much luck with powders. I decided to give another shade from Maybelline brow pencil collection a try. Their black is just too harsh/dark for me, although I can imagine it being a decent eyeliner. Much to my shock, blonde is the perfect match. It's a "taupey" color (no red/orange undertones) and it is actually comparable to my beloved charcoal shade. Besides being the perfect shade, these pencils are the perfect formula for brows, not too waxy, not too hard/soft, great staying power. I will be stocking up in case Maybelline discontinues this awesome shade too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2009 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Astarael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this in the color blonde after reading all of the rave reviews. Well.. I can say they're correct. I have struggled with my eyebrows for a long time. They're there, but they're a lighter blonde than my natural hair color even is (and I dye it darker yet), and on the sparse side. I had been dying them using a Roux lash & brow kit from Sally's, but still had to fill them in and arch them, which I was using Revlon Brow Fantasy to do, and then blending with an angle brush. The problem was, I was going TOO dark, because the only lighter pencils I could find were too warm for my very cool colored skin. And I didn't find the Brow Fantasy to build very well on my arch area, because it's too waxy. You know how when you color with a crayon, there are little white spots of wax throughout the color? That's what happened. It took 10 minutes alone just to do my brows, and they still didn't look very good.

This stuff is close to perfect. The pencil doesn't seem to be so waxy. Even after piling on a ton of it, it's blends more than adequately especially after I blend it with my angle brush. It's VERY buildable and the color is very natural looking. No orange tones like a lot of brown colors have, or nasty olive tones in it like I've seen in some taupe colors. I can see why a lot of haircolor ranges say it works for them. I wish I naturally had nicer brows, but since I don't, I am SO happy I found this.

Oh, and also, the price is very cheap. I got a two-pack for $3.50 regular price at Walgreens, so that's $1.75 per pencil.

Edit: March of 2010 and still love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2009 5:59:00 PM More reviews by Mikeswife

My brows are wide, but a little on the sparse side. I searched high and low for something to fill them in that looked natural, but most of the things I tried were completely the wrong color and looked very artificial, especially anything that was a powder. (My hair is very dark brown). I picked this up and thought I'd give it a try for $4 and am so glad I did! I use charcoal, which is a mix between a chocolate-chip brown and black, and smudge it in with the side of the pencil every day to fill in where my brows need help. I think it makes my makeup look more finished.

Update--this product is discontinued. Maybelline Define a Brow pencil in Dark Blonde is a good color replacement. Not so crazy about the packaging though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2009 3:24:00 PM More reviews by tracyveronika

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Best eyebrow pencil ever!

The blonde shade matches my dark blonde brows perfectly. And it's much easier to apply than any other brow pencil I've used!