July 31, 2014 | 2008 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Clean Whipped Creme Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 11:25:00 PM More reviews by pinkielips1299

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i just got this foundation and I must say it is my first holy grail drugstore foundation, oddly enough considering I don't care for most covergirl products. This foundation is very inexpensive(I paid around 7$ at walmart) and its amazing. After trying this on for the first time I knew it was an almost identical dupe for Laura Mercier's silk crème foundation, which I paid 42$ for!!!!! This foundation like the silk crème has great medium coverage and can be built to full( I tried building it to full with no problems), the foundation is really smooth and super blendable and they have a decent shade selection. The only difference between the covergirl and Laura Mercier foundations are that the silk crème has a slightly more dewy finish then the covergirl, the covergirl is more of a natural finish. Both foundations need to be set with a powder anyways so its not a big deal. This foundation is perfect for dry to normal skins but if your oily I would just stay away. Overall my fav drugstore foundation!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2013 10:27:00 AM More reviews by waffles85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I tried this foundation on for the first time today. For reference, I have combo/acne-prone skin and I'm about NC40.
O
Application:
Dotted the foundation onto my skin and blended out with a Flat-top kabuki brush. It felt extremely smooth putting it on and gave a lot of coverage. I quickly realized that I needed very few dots to blend it all out. SUPER blendable and smooth.

Coverage:
Covered my spots very well, not cakey feeling at all (obv because it's a creme product. I'd say it's medium coverage. You don't want to layer this foundation because it could start to look cakey.

Lasting:
I made the huge mistake of not using setting powder. It has been about 4 hours since I've applied the foundation and when I touch my face it feels sticky and wet-tish - kinda gross but that's my own fault for not setting it. I do prefer foundations that set to dry themselves.
I will update if I break out. Fingers crossed. Overall, I would not call this one of my favorite drugstore foundations, but you can def try it out. I'll be doing an application demo and review on my YT channel v soon so check that if interested :) www.youtube.com/maliqshake

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2013 11:40:00 PM More reviews by beautifuldreamer324

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

was exciting to try this new product from covergirl. mousse type make up hasn't worked well for me in the past, so i shouldn't have been surprised that this didn't work well for me. there was not enough coverage for me, even after layering it several times. I still had to add concealer. also, after only about an hour, it was already getting oily on me. NOT GOOD. i need a foundation to last me all day at work, and prefer it to last all night as well. i really love the covergirl clean oil control liquid foundation, so i was disappointed in this. this was $1 more than the liquid one at walmart. my skin is combo oily in the Summer, and by the end of the day (only had this on for about half the day), it was basically melted off. i would recommend maybe for more dry skin types. not for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2013 10:29:00 PM More reviews by Chinita95

I so badly wanted to like this foundation after hearing so many good reviews about it on YouTube. Unfortunately, I've grown to highly dislike it in less than a week. I paid about $8 for this at my local drugstore hoping that I'd love it and that it'd become my everyday foundation. (I purchased shade 320.) I have combination skin, and despite what primer or setting powder I use, this foundation makes me oily! Most foundations don't make me oily at all, but I'm looking shiny with this one about 5 hours after I apply it. In addition, it's not a perfect match for my nc25 skin. When outside, it looks way too pink for my liking. Sorry Covergirl, I won't be using this again :(...

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2013 2:16:00 AM More reviews by loveejaclyn

I was browsing through Wal-Mart the other day and came across this foundation. That same day I watched a you-tube review and the person was really fond of it. I hear a lot of people had trouble finding it, but prior to seeing it at Wal-Mart or watching the review, I had seen it at Ulta a few weeks before. It was only around 6 bucks at Wal-Mart, and I was already curious about it from seeing it at Ulta and watching the review, so I decided to get it. I usually only use liquid foundation because I'm super oily and I stick to what I know works, but I'm really happy I got this! The first day I tried it, I had to work an 8 and a half hour shift, so I was pretty nervous about testing it out because if it didn't hold up, I would look like a mess at work. The first thing that caught my attention was how well it was covering, with such a small amount. It literally felt like nothing was being put on my skin, I couldn't feel it at all! It lasted all day on my skin. From around 10am to 9:30pm and I was barely shiny at all. I had a little shine on my nose but it still looked great! I looked way less oily then I usually do with other foundations. Despite the small amount of shine, it didn't break up on my skin either, which usually happens when the oils seeps through! Super impressed with this product, I wish more came in it, it's a pretty small pot, but it's affordable and I love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by littlejbird

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have quite mixed feelings about this product.

I bought this because I ran out of my holy grail foundation, the cover girl nature luxe. It was on sale at wags, for 8 or nine dollars so I figured why not? They had a tester available but it took quite a while to find the not so perfect shade, the numbering of the shades makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, so it took a while. I decided on 342, which is a tad orange. It seemed like all of the shades were either too pink or orange.

I took it home and fell in love with the texture!! It was like whipped cream, ironically. It melts into the skin, but doesn't blend very well, it takes quite a bit of product to get an even coverage.

The packaging is less than desirable. The product get stuck around the neck of the bottle, making a huge mess!!

All in all I would not repurchase this, I'm looking for more in a foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2013 11:46:00 PM More reviews by timothybcat

There was a tester at Wag's, and the texture of this immediately intrigued me. For reference, I have oily-combo skin that gets more toward normal in the winter. I'm about NW15-20 and Colorstay Whipped in Nude. I bought #305 in CG Whipped, the fairest shade they have. I washed my face when I got home from Wag's so I could test the staying power on clean skin. I didn't even apply moisturizer/sunscreen. I wore this with only a light dusting of Elf HD Powder just to hang around the house all day. I got shiny about 2 hours later. That's nothing new for me. I can't blame the foundation for that, because it is billed as moisturizing and it is, after all, a CREME foundation. I reapplied on the redder parts of my face and again, it blended without looking cakey.

It's more of a mousse than a cream foundation. What sold me is the way it blended out. Seriously, this foundation has one of the most easy-to-blend formulas I've ever tried. It's utterly seamless. The coverage is sheer-to-medium, and doesn't cake up when built up. It evened out my redness and covered some freckling with a little extra application. It dries to a realistic matte foundation, and melds with the skin like a dream. I only need my fingers to work with it, and it's a idiot-proof, one-minute application. You could even apply it without a mirror, if you had to.

Here's what gets me excited: it blends so amazingly, is so easy to work with, sheers out so smoothly, that I'm going to use this for touch-ups. I need more than powder to mattify later in the day, and I usually need to touch up more than once. My makeup melts off, and I need some coverage. The little jar is small enough to just throw in my purse. It also didn't sit in my pores or the lines around my eyes, which is my main problem with powders. If this is right for your skin type, and you only need to be evened out, this would make a great foundation. But even if you're on the oily side like me, the texture and finish are so amazing that I think it'd be worth trying as an alternative to powder.

UPDATE: 7/10/13: The summer finally caught up with us here in Chicago and it finally turned humid and swampy as it usually does. The foundation feels rather oily on days like this. Sure enough, I checked the ingredients and it's full of silicones. I don't have a problem with silicones; Colorstay Whipped has silicones and I love that foundation. However, something makes the texture of Cover Girl Clean Whipped more like a BB Cream or color-correcting primer. There's so many things I love about this foundation: the blendability, the coverage, the finish, the practical, portable size (at least half the size of Revlon Whipped), the finish. However, it's not an oily-skin foundation. As I'm more normal-skinned in winter, I'll try it in colder weather and update my review accordingly.

UPDATE 2/3/2014: Nope. Staying power is crap. I put some on this morning over a mineral-based, oil-free sunscreen, and a few hours later my redness and oiliness was abundantly clear. And it's loaded with silicones so there's no way a primer would help. I'd only recommend this for dry skin, as it certainly won't grab. It's such a shame, because the finish, coverage and blendability were just outstanding. Sigh.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

I have sensitive, combination-to-oily, acne-prone skin. After seeing this foundation first at my local Walgreen's I decided to give it a try. I purchased such in the shade 350 (Creamy Beige). There were no testers on display. Therefore, I had to do my best in figuring out which shade appeared to be a good enough match for my medium toned complexion.

This foundation is creamy in texture, easy to blend, and does provide light-to-medium buildable coverage. It does have a slight cherry scent to it-even though fragrance is not listed as an ingredient in this product. Some people may find this to be a turnoff. The packaging that it comes in is perfect for me. The packaging is molded to fit the exact amount of product inside. Because it being compact in size, I can easy throw it in my purse without it taking up a lot of space.

If you have combination or oily skin, the wearing of a finishing or mattifying powder over this foundation is needed. Because this foundation will not remain matte on your face for a long period of time. If you happen to have dry skin instead, you may be able to get away without needing to apply a finishing powder it for all day oil control. The finishing powder that I prefer to finish off my foundations with (including this one) is my Ben Nye Luxury powder. I would be absolutely lost without it!

I did end up seeing this foundation offered in Wal-Mart as well. So, I decided to purchase more of this foundation. But, this time, I decided to try out a slightly lighter shade - 342 (Medium Beige). And, I happen to like this shade a bit better on me than the one that I initially purchased. If you are NC/NW 30, I would recommend going with shade 342 (Medium Beige). If you are NC/NW 35, I would recommend going with shade 350 (Creamy Beige). And, if you are shades NC/NW 40-42, I would recommend trying shade 355 (Soft Honey).

The two darkest shades that they offer in this foundation are 360 (Classic Tan) and 365 (Tawny). These shades aren't very dark. Therefore, if you are someone that is of a dark or deep complexion, I would recommend recommend skipping this foundation. Hopefully, Cover Girl will choose to make more darker shades available in this foundation in the future.

I don't plan to re-purchase this foundation. As, I do prefer that my foundations be completely scent-free.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2013 8:32:00 PM More reviews by emiii53

I just bought this product tonight because my favorite beauty guru on YouTube liked it (shout out to Nicole Gurriero!). I got the color 305 Ivory because I'm very fair skinned. My current HG foundation is L'OReal True Match. It goes perfectly with my combination skin that has a habit of breaking out. When i first applied this whipped foundation, I tried to do it with my Real Techniques stippling brush...bad idea. The brush was too harsh for this type of foundation and it was really streaky. So i finished applying with my fingers and it came out FLAWLESS. Its not a matte finish, and its definitely not dewy...so I'd say its a satin finish. It just gives off a little glow. Even better than my True Match I must admit. Next I'll try it with my beauty blender. I've only had this foundation on for about 2 hours though but so far it looks the same as it did when i put it on. I'll come back and edit this when I get a chance to wear it all day. The ONLY negative I have about it so far is the size of the package. You only get .6 fluid oz. whereas my True Match has 1.0 fluid oz. BTW a little goes a long way with this! I used way less than my True Match. So I guess its okay that you get less in the package than you would in another foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by Mramdayal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have mixed feelings about this foundation. Shall we start?

Packaging: I really like the package, I think it's very small and cute, and very easy to throw in your bag for on the go. Also love the screw off top which means no spilling.

Texture: the texture of this is really soft and buttery. Reminds of me melted chocolate. It spreads out very nicely.

Coverage: the coverage of this foundation varies GREATLY depending on how it's applied! I have tried it 3 ways. With my fingers, with the Sonia Kashuk Synthetic Flat Top Multipurpose Brush, and the beauty blender. Coverage with the fingers is very very sheer. Having acne, problematic skin, I hated the coverage it gave me! It was so sheer! With the brush, it was also sheer. I felt like it just wiped away the foundation, instead of blending it in into my skin. The best coverage was with my beauty blender.

As soon I apply this foundation right away, I feel like it just sits on top of my skin. It doesn't blend in or even absorbs into the skin. It also feels very sticky and rubs off right away and transfers to everything! Other people are saying it dries very fast, but I did not find that with me, unfortunately. Also, without a primer, setting powder,and concealer, this foundation doesn't even last me an hour! It rubs off onto everything! It also makes me VERY oily by half day. And I don't really get this oily. So keep that in mind. I have combination skin.

To conclude, I didn't like the coverage it gave me by itself. It rubs off very fast and doesn't cover at all. I love the texture and the way it glides on onto my skin. But I am looking for more in a foundation. Would not repurchase.

P.S. this does have a very light smell. It smells like cherry blossom to me. For some people, that may be too irritated for the skin.