April 17, 2014 | 1567 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Clean Whipped Creme Foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

I have sensitive, combination-to-oily, acne-prone skin. After seeing this foundation first at my local Walgreen's I decided to give it a try. I purchased such in the shade 350 (Creamy Beige). There were no testers on display. Therefore, I had to do my best in figuring out which shade appeared to be a good enough match for my medium toned complexion.

This foundation is creamy in texture, easy to blend, and does provide light-to-medium buildable coverage. It does have a slight cherry scent to it-even though fragrance is not listed as an ingredient in this product. Some people may find this to be a turnoff. The packaging that it comes in is perfect for me. The packaging is molded to fit the exact amount of product inside. Because it being compact in size, I can easy throw it in my purse without it taking up a lot of space.

If you have combination or oily skin, the wearing of a finishing or mattifying powder over this foundation is needed. Because this foundation will not remain matte on your face for a long period of time. If you happen to have dry skin instead, you may be able to get away without needing to apply a finishing powder it for all day oil control. The finishing powder that I prefer to finish off my foundations with (including this one) is my Ben Nye Luxury powder. I would be absolutely lost without it!

I did end up seeing this foundation offered in Wal-Mart as well. So, I decided to purchase more of this foundation. But, this time, I decided to try out a slightly lighter shade - 342 (Medium Beige). And, I happen to like this shade a bit better on me than the one that I initially purchased. If you are NC/NW 30, I would recommend going with shade 342 (Medium Beige). If you are NC/NW 35, I would recommend going with shade 350 (Creamy Beige). And, if you are shades NC/NW 40-42, I would recommend trying shade 355 (Soft Honey).

The two darkest shades that they offer in this foundation are 360 (Classic Tan) and 365 (Tawny). These shades aren't very dark. Therefore, if you are someone that is of a dark or deep complexion, I would recommend recommend skipping this foundation. Hopefully, Cover Girl will choose to make more darker shades available in this foundation in the future.

I don't plan to re-purchase this foundation. As, I do prefer that my foundations be completely scent-free.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2013 8:32:00 PM More reviews by emiii53

I just bought this product tonight because my favorite beauty guru on YouTube liked it (shout out to Nicole Gurriero!). I got the color 305 Ivory because I'm very fair skinned. My current HG foundation is L'OReal True Match. It goes perfectly with my combination skin that has a habit of breaking out. When i first applied this whipped foundation, I tried to do it with my Real Techniques stippling brush...bad idea. The brush was too harsh for this type of foundation and it was really streaky. So i finished applying with my fingers and it came out FLAWLESS. Its not a matte finish, and its definitely not dewy...so I'd say its a satin finish. It just gives off a little glow. Even better than my True Match I must admit. Next I'll try it with my beauty blender. I've only had this foundation on for about 2 hours though but so far it looks the same as it did when i put it on. I'll come back and edit this when I get a chance to wear it all day. The ONLY negative I have about it so far is the size of the package. You only get .6 fluid oz. whereas my True Match has 1.0 fluid oz. BTW a little goes a long way with this! I used way less than my True Match. So I guess its okay that you get less in the package than you would in another foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by Mramdayal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have mixed feelings about this foundation. Shall we start?

Packaging: I really like the package, I think it's very small and cute, and very easy to throw in your bag for on the go. Also love the screw off top which means no spilling.

Texture: the texture of this is really soft and buttery. Reminds of me melted chocolate. It spreads out very nicely.

Coverage: the coverage of this foundation varies GREATLY depending on how it's applied! I have tried it 3 ways. With my fingers, with the Sonia Kashuk Synthetic Flat Top Multipurpose Brush, and the beauty blender. Coverage with the fingers is very very sheer. Having acne, problematic skin, I hated the coverage it gave me! It was so sheer! With the brush, it was also sheer. I felt like it just wiped away the foundation, instead of blending it in into my skin. The best coverage was with my beauty blender.

As soon I apply this foundation right away, I feel like it just sits on top of my skin. It doesn't blend in or even absorbs into the skin. It also feels very sticky and rubs off right away and transfers to everything! Other people are saying it dries very fast, but I did not find that with me, unfortunately. Also, without a primer, setting powder,and concealer, this foundation doesn't even last me an hour! It rubs off onto everything! It also makes me VERY oily by half day. And I don't really get this oily. So keep that in mind. I have combination skin.

To conclude, I didn't like the coverage it gave me by itself. It rubs off very fast and doesn't cover at all. I love the texture and the way it glides on onto my skin. But I am looking for more in a foundation. Would not repurchase.

P.S. this does have a very light smell. It smells like cherry blossom to me. For some people, that may be too irritated for the skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2013 2:12:00 PM More reviews by ladybugsuzy

good foundation looks good with first application with a beauty blender and then throughout the day starts to oil up. love it but staying power sucks.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2013 3:19:00 AM More reviews by fishers7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Meh. I bought this foundation at Walmart because it was only about $6 and I have been wanting a creme foundation for events where I know there will be lots of photos and I thought "what the hay...". I used my real techniques stippling brush to apply and blended after with my beauty blender. The coverage was good as well as the color match (N20 in Mac and purchased second lightest shade at Walmart which is 310/Classic Ivory. I set the makeup with Mac Studio Fix plus powder and then finished with UD All Nighter Spray.

My skin is pretty normal and I rarely get oily but by the end of the day I definitely noticed this foundation was making my forehead and area around my nose grease up which I wasn't a big fan of. I think if you have drier skin this could work well but for me not so much (at least until the winter weather is back that is).

It did have a slight chemical/medicinal smell to it but it dissipated after a few minutes I found. The texture of the product is very nice--it is smooth and easy to blend and when it dries it feels like a really nice powder which was surprising.

I did notice that in photos it seemed to be a lighter color than just looking at myself in a mirror but I didn't see any SPF listed on the product however when I checked the ingredients list titanium diox was listed as the second to last ingredient so I think that must be the culprit which is too bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2013 7:57:00 PM More reviews by Kimmybyers8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my holy grail foundation. This is by far the best drugstore foundation. Covers well last all day! I have tried many many many foundations. I got several compliments the very first day I wore this. Applying well. There's I'd nothing bad about it. For the money it is a great value too. I hope covergirl never discontinues this one. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Philipmom02

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Felt like trying something new and I thought I'd give a whipped fdn a try. So far this is pretty nice. Its a water based Fdn so when applied its very moisturizing. Very sheer, to light med coverage. Fills in the pores and gives a nice natural finish when I apply with my fingers. I set it with my Tru Blend Pressed Powder and it stays set 6+ hours with minimal wearing. I do not have very oily skin but I noticed a little bit more wear on my nose by the end of the day. Color match for me (110) is pretty spot on so I consider this a whipped TM. The texture is nice and I only have to tap my fingers in to get enough coverage so the pot will last me a long time. I just hope the shelf life of the product lasts long enough for me to use it all.

So far a nice light fdn for summer. Wish it had a sunscreen but then it wouldn't be as hydrating. So just wear a good SS underneath.

**update**

Several weeks of wear later, I've come to think this is close to HG status for me for DS foundations. Still no breakouts, feels hydrating, and gives nice sheer-med coverage for me without looking cakey. Have to wait for it to set after applying but with a dusting of light powder it stays all day and hardly fades on my normal skin. Only downside is I wish it has some sunscreen but I have olay moisturizers for that. Nice to see CG finally coming out with a new set of products that are finally starting to step it up!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2013 1:27:00 PM More reviews by puppysofia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really nice foundation, perfect for oily skin, stays matte and keeps your skin looking natural and let's it breath.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by Babymutt01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product's packaging is SO more compact and lightweight than Revlon Colorstay's Whipped Foundation. It is also cheaper, but since it is a whipped creme formula, it's not the cheapest foundation around. I gave this a 4 because it isn't the most natural looking foundation, and it also doesn't have SPF. One of the things I love about Covergirl foundations are that all of their foundations have the same shade range. If you know you're one shade in a different Covergirl foundation, you're also the same in another. I think this is a nice foundation overall.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by funnygirlup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

im admittedly not generally a covergirl fan but was intrigued by this product. its a great price and the packaging is sturdy.
i enjoy applied it with a foundation brusg...it was smooth and went on beautifully and my skin looked flawless BUT i noticed that throughout the day it was rubbing off on my hands (to the point where papers at work had foundation coloured fingerprints) and by noon it looked likei had nothing on. i used a primer and set it with powder. im willing to give it one more try but so far im not impressed.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No