August 21, 2014 | 1684 users online

Treatments - Blue Cross - Cuticle Remover

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2010 2:10:00 AM More reviews by chinaglazer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Best cuticle remover ever, and you get soooooooooooooooo much of it! This one doesn't cause your nails to peel, either. Sometimes I have to go back a second time to get that super-fine layer of cuticle on the nail, but usually it all comes off the first time around. I just put a couple of drops directly onto the nailbed and massage the liquid into the cuticle for a few seconds. Then, I remove gently with an orange stick. Make sure you wash your hands with an anti-bacterial soap within a few minutes of removal (I suggest Dial, simple and cheap). My HG of cuticle removers!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2010 12:07:00 AM More reviews by ceemadd

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I agree with all the previous posts for this amazing product..works great for cuticles and callus problems. But I have found another use..works great for self tanner boo-boo's. Since it's so cheap I soak a wash cloth in it and rub away built up self tanner mistakes or dry scaly looking patches. Just don't rub too hard or you'll lose a layer of skin !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2010 11:34:00 PM More reviews by missykeyana

Good stuff! I used this stuff and it got rid of all the crusty cuticles around my nails. This is how I use it: I take a Q-tip and dip it into the bottle, then run the Q-tip along my cuticles on one hand. By the time I'm through applying it on my pinky, the thumb's cuticle is ready to be pushed back. I push the cuticles back with my fingers and then immediately rinse my hands with warm water. I only do one hand at a time because this stuff is potent -- if you leave it on too long, it will make your nails peel! After this treatment, my nails are ready for polishing. This works great on toes too! I found this at Sally's for $5.99. It's a 16 oz. bottle, so this will last me a very long time.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2010 3:03:00 AM More reviews by djsaphira

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

The only cuticle softener/remover that works on my super stubborn cuticles and nails. I have a very hard time removing dead skin on my nails, and it gets in the way of my polish application. This stuff will soften that invisible layer of skin enough for me to push it off the surface of my nail, or lift it off with tweezers. I'm a 1/5 of the way through my 6 oz bottle, and I love using it. The application is a bit messy, but it is gentle enough on my fingers and my nails that I can use it once a week with great results. HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2010 3:01:00 PM More reviews by Luvmynails

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I try to keep my cuticles pushed back every time I dry my hands, I use the towel and rub around the area. I have done this for years, (can't remember how long!) so they are in pretty good shape. I bought this after reading the reviews. This stuff is great! I couldn't believe how much stuff I cleaned off my nails! I only use it once a week or so as it is a bit drying. I also use it to get rid of any nail polish that may have gotten on my cuticles when I change polish. After the polish is dry enough, I put this on, wait about 30 seconds to one minute, then use a soft bristled toothbrush and gently scrub around the nail. It works like a charm! I wish it wasn't so runny though. (It has the consistency and color of milk.) I imagine that is so it can be used as a soak during a manicure. I bought a 16 oz bottle for less than 4.00 at Sally Beauty. (I have a professional discount there) I can't see needing to get another bottle for at least a year. Good product, better value!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2010 2:04:00 PM More reviews by bellawoozel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This product is absolutely fantastic! It has to be one of the best products that I own! I'm a reformed nail biter who has never taken care of her cuticles and they grow up onto my fingernails and are rock hard and impossible to push back. I've tried many products claiming to remove cuticles, but they never did absolutely anything! At first I didn't think this product worked very well because I would just put a drop on each cuticle and let it sit a few seconds and wiped off and nothing happened. So I tried the method suggested by a previous reviewer and poured some in a small cup and soaked each finger and I swear to you my cuticles came right off in a white gooey mess! I couldn't believe it! I used an orange stick while they were still wet and then wiped off with a paper towel and it looks like I just got a professional manicure! I will never use another product for my cuticles except for Blue Cross! This stuff is like liquid gold for your nails. Not to mention its dirt cheap for a HUGE bottle that will last forever!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2010 10:55:00 PM More reviews by girlndocs

Wow, this stuff is amazing! I bought and used it not thinking I had much dead cuticle, and was able to gently scrape away an amazing amount of gunk from each nail. My cuticles look 100% better and even the hard, dried cuticle I get in my side grooves is almost completely gone. I can't wait to try this on my feet.

For application on my nails, I put it in a wee spray bottle (also from Sally). This makes it pretty handy to use. It doesn't spray all over the place if I hold the nozzle close to each nail.

Someone commented that caustic potash is "harmful". Potassium hydroxide is actually a form of lye and is used in making liquid soap; it used to be used for whitening laundry. It's true that potassium hydroxide is caustic and in strong solution would burn the skin, but obviously this product is not a strong solution. The MSDS linked to is for PURE potassium hydroxide, and Blue Cross Cuticle Remover is a very weak dilution; it's been around since 1933, so I think if it were going to melt the flesh off our bones someone would have noticed it by now. This product is completely safe.

ETA 2011: I have used this in a pedicure and it's the bee's knees. It takes quite a bit but the stuff is cheap so who cares? I splash it over my feet in a shallow pan and keeps making sure the bottoms of my feet and the area around my toenails are saturated. 20 minutes reading a book or watching MythBusters blow crap up, and I can go to the bathtub and [warning, gross] the callus from the bottoms of my feet come off in a weird translucent jelly. Honestly, the best way to get it off is with my fingernails. It's kind of disgusting but it hasn't killed me yet.

25 out of 25 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2010 10:03:00 PM More reviews by sosuga

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Hell yes I would repurchase, if I ever needed to! Thank you MUA for yet another recommendation - this stuff is the shiz. Especially for pedi's. I totally want to use this on my bf...not sure he will comply lol. It IS amazing, though!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2009 6:01:00 PM More reviews by mdbutee

I bought this after reading the great reviews and I was not disappointed. This treatment works wonderfully on my toenails and fingernails. My favorite to way to use it is on a pumice stone on my feet in the shower. It removes rough skin and callouses effortlessly and leaves my feet super soft. The bottle is huge and will last me a long time, but I will repurchase when I eventually run out. A must have treatment.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2009 6:49:00 PM More reviews by Aquaticsazure

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product inspired me to do my first review here on MakeupAlley! I actually went out shopping looking for the Sally Hansen cuticle remover which got great reviews here. I went to several stores and no one had it. I ended up in Sally's and this was on sale. I was skeptical about it because it was a huge bottle and dirt cheap. Not wanting to go home empty handed, and really wanting a cuticle remover to try I chose this randomly. I think I ended up paying about $3.00 for it because of the sale so I figured it was a safe choice! I'm so glad I went for this brand!

This stuff is amazing. I had never heard of cuticle remover before until browsing around MakeupAlley. I tend to pick at my cuticles and they always look ragged. I think this product is going to change the look of my hands for the better. It's a miracle worker! It preforms quickly with no discomfort. I push a q-tip into the squirt end of the bottle, saturate it, and then rub the product over my cuticles. I wait about 30 seconds and then gently scrape off my cuticles with an orange stick. My fingers and toes have never looked so polished.

My ONLY gripe is with the packaging. At first I didn't know how I was supposed to apply this stuff, but using my q-tip technique works great and there is no mess this way. It would be nice if they included instructions on how long to keep this product on for, and how often it can be used, but overall I'm totally happy with it. You get a LOT so I doubt I'll need to repurchase for several years.

Now I'm off to see if my boyfriend will let me use it on his toes!