October 30, 2014 | 1662 users online

Mascara - Essence - I Love Extreme Crazy Volume

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2013 5:16:00 PM More reviews by PaleBrunette

This makes my skimpy lashes look like falsies.
I will update concerning wear and tear but first impressions count!

I give the packaging a 1 because the tube isn't sealed.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2013 8:10:00 AM More reviews by madaisy

Better than They're real by benefit! You can remove this easier!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by Namaranamara

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It dries out really fast and it just disappointed me :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2013 1:00:00 AM More reviews by akneil

I read that this dries up quickly, and that is DEFINITELY true.
Essence doesn't have seals or packaging on their mascaras, so CHECK before you buy. I should have noticed that it was pretty dry.
When it's dry, it does nothing. It isn't useable at all. I'm looking forward to trying a brand new one - but for now I'm giving this a 3, simply for how fast it dries out. I'll review again when I try one that isn't dried out.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by mellyru

After hearing the hype about this mascara and the good ratings on this site I ran out and bought it. While it did volumize and layered coats on nicely, it did not hold my curl at all.
I have short, stubby, stick straight asian lashes with an eyelid that pushes down on them. Having tried other mascaras that do hold my curl under these circumstances, this mascara sadly did not =(

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by xoxmarina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

when i had first tried on this product, i originally thought it would be my first holy grail mascara, but it seems like the more i got to using it, i liked it less and less. i do find it somewhat lengthening considering its a volumizing mascara. but it gives me nowhere near what i expected volume wise. on top of that its not a mascara you can apply more than about 3 coats without the tips of your lashes creating those weird mascara chunks..dont get me wrong, this mascara is better than a lot of others i have tried, but its still far from perfect

keep in mind that i have average lashes, not too long not too short, and not really sparse but not full either. i also really like BAM glamorous lashes that are super thick and pitch black

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2013 4:56:00 PM More reviews by DrGMart

I've heard a lot of raves about this product, and I find it's alright. It does provide decent volume and crazy seperation, but I have other mascaras that can do a lot better in terms of length (which is a big factor for me), and I find this isn't very buildable without getting clumpy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2013 11:48:00 AM More reviews by stimwink1

This has become my other go to mascara besides Cover Girl clump crusher. I use this when I don't want or don't have time to put on falsies but I want that fuller look (evening, going out etc)

This is a wetter formula and does require patients and a easy hand if you don't want to end up with spider eyes. Yes I know some gals like the look and can pull it off, for me it looks like I'm trying to put together a halloween costume.

I use my eyelash curler and sometimes I may lay down a coast of my clump crusher let it dry why I'm doing my other make up then go back with the essance. Easy hand, and I will blot the end with a tissue because as I said this is a WET formula. Let the coats dry throughly inbetween. Takes a little bit but if you do your other makeup inbetween you can not make it a longer process.

I've had a little flaking and if you are having a watereye day use your other mascara this will transfer and come off if wet. I have used it with my contacts no major issues. I use regular makeup remover and it does take a little more time to remove because it is a heavier product.

Over all I give this 100% inexpensive and it does the job!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by desertrose08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

So I first heard about this mascara from Emily (Beauty Broadcast). I think it's pretty safe to say that I've tried my fair share of mascaras both high end and drugstore (Armani Eyes to Kill, DiorShow, Dior Iconic Overcurl, YSL Baby Doll, YSL Effet Faux Cils, CG Lash Blast, L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black, Maybelline One by One, MAC Haute & Naughty, Lancome Definicils, Lancome Hypnose Drama, Clinique High Impact and many many more). For reference I have naturally long, thick, and curled lashes (I've never used any lash enhancing products or extensions). What I look for in a mascara is definition (I can't stand spidery lashes), length, volume, and lift (I don't like heavy formulas that weigh down my lashes). Here is a breakdown of the pros and cons of I Love Extreme Crazy Volume:

Pros:
- Volumizes your lashes in just one coat (you don't need to build up layer after layer)
- Lengthens
- Super black formula
- Extremely affordable ($5!)
- Dramatic enough for evening but still wearable during the day

Cons:
- Dries up quicker than other mascaras I've used
- Could be a touch more defining
- If worn all day, can flake slightly onto your cheeks but nothing major

I'm not exaggerating, I'm constantly asked what mascara I have on whenever I wear this by my friends, sales associates at stores, and just random people. This mascara is pretty darn amazing and truly better than pretty much any mascara I've tried. Since I've bought this, three of my friends have gone out and bought it after seeing how my lashes look with it on.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2013 7:34:00 PM More reviews by evapop

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ladies, I LOVE a traditional, thick, spoolie type mascara wand. I thought rubber bristles were the devil's wand and I vowed to foresake them! That is until a number of positive MUA reviews and a few extra dollars left on an Ulta gift certificate led me to this bad boy.

This mascara is great! It lengthens, thickens and does not clump. Even my HG Voluminous clumps sometimes and I need to bust out the last comb. The brush, which I thought I would hate, is amazing. It combs through every lash, so that even after 4 coats - no clumps. I only gave this four lippies as I like Voluminous (HG) for its lengthening & thickening. This does an A+ on thickness, and a B+ on length. But it also does it with no clumps, so I would really give it a 4.5 if I could.

PROS:
- cheap
- amazing volume
- solid lengthening
- i like the packaging - young & loud - but fun
- good amount product
- GREAT formula - it doesn't need the break in period my Voluminous does - its dry
CONS:
- Not anything major - minor ding for good, not great length - but really, that's a nit

Fun little mascara, gives good lash, worth a try!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No