Essence I Love Extreme Crazy Volume

on 4/7/2014 8:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I'm conflicted about this, it gave my small straight asian lashes the thickest volume in one swipe. And it looked great when applied, after a couple hours however, it did tend to melt on me and give me raccoon eyes every so often but when cleaned up it still looked great. Like all decent volumising mascaras, it can get clumpy if your are overenthusiastic, so wipe excess product before applying.
I loved swiping my lashes into existence but I think I prefer a lower maintenance mascara. For the price however I find it amazing, it perfoms well and it's easy to remove.

on 3/30/2014 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

First of all I want to state that I'm sad this doesn't come in waterproof. Anything that isn't waterproof gets everywhere on me. Only waterproof mascaras stay.

Besides that fact I wasn't really "wowed" with this mascara. It doesn't do any sort of volume, length, thicken my lashes, give a curl.... nothing. I just couldn't like it for what it was. I even tried pairing it with other mascaras and that didn't do squat for me.

on 3/13/2014 3:56:00 PM

Let me preface this by saying that I have very long, very curly lashes - I really wanted to love this mascara, but it just didn't work for me.

The wand is completely saturated in excess product, it ALWAYS picks up way too much. I tried to make this work by cleaning off the brush a bit before I applied it, but this product simply was a no go for me. The formula weighs down my lashes, I find the wand is unnecessarily too big, and it flakes on me throughout the day.

If you're dying to try this out, I'd say go for it - I picked it up for $4.99 at Ulta so it isn't much of a loss if it doesn't work out. My advice is to be a bit wary if you have similar lashes. There seem to be a lot of people who swear by this, but for me personally it just didn't work.

on 3/11/2014 10:09:00 AM

I really really wanted to like this, and at some point I do, but it is so so clumpy!!! it does indeed give you crazy volume, even at the point of "too much" which isn't good as they look super fake and not flattering, and if you put a bit too much than needed your eyelashes clump together so much that it looks like you only have 3-4 super fat eyelashes which looks bad. I think what causes that, is that the opening where the brush comes out is too big, so all the product stays on the brush. I will try the black one also, it may look a bit more natural, because I don't really like plastic brushes. they make your eyelashes also look 'plastic'.

on 2/27/2014 10:17:00 AM

First off, I have very wimpy fine lashes.

I didn't expect to love this mascara. Most mascaras make my eyes burn, and make my lashes look spidery. Almost every mascara I have purchased (esp from the drugstore) has ended up being pitched, with a few exceptions (physicans forumula, clinique, dior, benefit).

That being said, I love the formula of this mascara. It gives me more volume and length than any mascara I have ever tried. I honestly have never been so been happy with my lashes. Usually on weekends or date nights I pop on some falsies, but I havent even bothered since using this mascara. (Not saying it looks AS good as falsies, but it makes me not want to bother with them as often). It also stays on my lashes all day and does not flake off.

Only thing I'm not crazy about is the brush, its larger than necessary.

I will add that this isnt the easiest mascara to remove. I use hemp oil/olive oil to remove my eye makeup which helps a lot with getting this mascara off at night.

Def. my HG mascara for sure!

on 2/23/2014 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I bought the waterproof version. This mascara is ok for the price. The brush is large but the bristles are short and rubbery so it's not hard to use. The formula goes on a bit wet so give it a few extra minutes between coats. It's buildable and very black, and doesn't clump for me. One problem with it is that it smears a bit and flakes a lot by the end of the day. But the biggest problem for me is that it will not hold a curl, and that is very disappointing for a waterproof mascara.

on 2/18/2014 4:20:00 AM

I wanted to test it because it's really cheap and I've read that it was great, and what a surprise !! When I opened it, I thought "god the brush is really big", but in fact it is easy to apply. This mascara is amazing, it makes my lashes huge and beautiful. It can be a little clumpy so you want to keep a light hand but it is GREAT !

on 2/15/2014 6:16:00 PM

I have never gotten this much volume from a mascara. Pretty easy to use and makes my eyelashes really stand out.

on 2/14/2014 2:03:00 AM

Can not explain my love for this mascara! I was using benefit they're real for a while but then I discovered this mascara and was amazed. It builds up so nicely and doesn't clump, stays on without flaking, separates my lashes, adds volume and gives great length. I have repurchased this product about 6 times already.

on 2/12/2014 2:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I hated this mascara and am actually surprised by all the good reviews, this mascara clumped like crazy, waaaayyyy too much product gets dispensed on the wand (it obviously doesn't have a good stopper) and the wand itself sucks. It's like a big smeary mess and I hate the stupid plastic rubber brush that has no bristles and just clumps and smears all over my lashes and sticks them together. I prefer a mascara to separate and lengthen as well as volumize and this just clumps them together into a big mess, the formula is also way too wet....hated it!!!!

Video Reviews & Tutorials

FIRST IMPRESSION REVIEW: Essence I heart EXTREME Crazy Volume Mascara | MyMakeupPerspective by MyMakeupPerspective