September 3, 2014 | 1444 users online

Mascara - Essence - I love extreme crazy volume

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2013 11:56:00 AM More reviews by HelloTrini

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I freakin' LOVE this mascara! I swear to you, this is the ONLY mascara that'll hold my curl. I have short, thin, weak lashes. ):

The formula is much dryer than a regular mascara, which is what I love. Seems to be more waxy, so it holds the curl a lot better. It is waterproof, but not if you go swimming. I mean, I splashed some water on my face, blinked a few times, and it didn't run down my face. That's good, right!? But if you keep splashing water on your face, it'll run a little.

I find it very easy to remove with my Philosophy One-Step cleanser. Not a problem at all! No rubbing, so scrubbing. It's really easy for me.

The packaging could use a little work, but I mean... Nothing to really complain about. The color is nice, and for $4.95 I guess you can't really ask for better packaging. It is definitely true to color. And it doesn't flake on me. EVER. Definitely lasts ALL day for me, doesn't go down or look ugly when I get home (8+ hours!)

And another thing... I'm not sure if the formula is really dry because someone opened it in the store and I happened to buy it on accident... But, none-the-less, I like a waxy mascara (not too dry though where it'll just flake). I just wish they packaged it a little better, so people can't get into it and screw it up. Can girls be a little more sanitary? Seriously!

Usually with wetter mascaras, I tend to open them, and wait to use them so it gets a little dryer because wetter mascaras just make my lashes fall down and not hold up very well.

Other than that, the bristles are very very nice. They're small and close together, so it COMBS through EVERY lash and the fact that it has SHORT bristles, a lot of product is distributed onto your lashes very nicely. You don't find yourself dipping your brush back into the bottle to get more and causing it to dry out faster. Two coats, and you'll be good! Even one coat does a dramatic difference for me. The tip of the brush is ROUNDED, so you can use that part to flare out the outer corner lashes. It's great!

I am never going after a different mascara. THIS is the one that WORKS for me. It adds volume AND length for me!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2013 7:37:00 AM More reviews by rochiebum

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is THE BEST mascara ! I will not waste my money on other mascara's now that I have found my perfect lengthening and volumizing mascara for $4.95!!! Essence not only are amazing products for a very affordable price, but they do not test their products on animals which is the most important thing when it comes to me buying make up. So happy with this product, don't think I'll buy a different mascara ever again! The only downside is that it is a bit stubborn to remove. But that's no biggie !

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

This is GOOD. I was expecting it to be a slightly different version of the original I Love Extreme in the black tube but no, this is a different product altogether. Different wand, different formula, totally superior mascara.
This has a wetter formulation than I was expecting but it provides a smooth and clump-free application, very buildable too. And the sleek little wand with the tiny bristles will deposit lots of product onto the lashes which is easily brushed out to the tips. And the results are PHENOMENAL- long, thick, lush, super-dramatic lashes, which is exactly what I want from a mascara.
Four lippies instead of five because the tube ended up drying out pretty quickly. Forgivable because it only cost a couple of dollars to begin with. The price really can't be beat- excellent value!
Would definitely buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by ichigocutie

I have short sparse Asian lashes and for the longest time I always stick to my waterproof formula mascara but I noticed everytime I took my eye makeup off my lash fell off no matter what type of eye makeup remover I used. I heard a lot of good reviews on this mascara so I gave it a shot. The first time I opened it I was shocked on how much it was on the wand but I scraped it off with tissue,no problem. A week went by and I haven't had that problem anymore. I really like the formulation its semi dry ,not wet. For everyday look I don't curl my lashes because everytime I curl it a lash or two fall off,this mascara nicely defined and adds volume but not so much length. Then again this mascara claim to give more volume not length. On special occasions I do curled my lashes,and this is where the mascara fail me. It doesn't hold my curl,its so heavy even with only one coat. I guess if you have naturally curly lashes this will not be a problem. I'm not a huge fan of the plastic mascara wand and how the bristles are pretty far apart, if I'm not careful its very easy to get spidery looking lashes. If you like the more natural look I think one coat should be enough or you can just comb it through to avoid any clumping. For the price this mascara is a great and I will buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by Darya155

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I think I've found my new HG mascara. I would never have thought to try this as I typically like regular bristle brushes/traditional style mascara wands. This wand is super fat and long, and has tiny bristles also on the tip (kind of like the Benefit They're Real mascara wand does). I thought application would be extremely difficult with such a big brush but because the little rubber bristles are so short, I end up getting maximum product ONTO my lashes, very little mascara onto my eyelid right above the base of my lashes (I typically glob a bunch of mascara on my lid there trying to get it on my lashes with other mascaras), and lashes look super full! The bristles are not sharp either, so it's great as they're so short, there's so many of them, and the formula is quite dry so it really coats your lashes without clumping and without poking your eyes at all! It's really a joy to apply and the color is black enough for me--it appears very black on my lashes and is comparable to L'Oreal's "Blackest Black" mascaras in color. No complaints there. It does flake a little onto my cheeks throughout the day but I don't mind this as my usual HG L'Oreal Voluminous also does this to me so all the same to me. I found this at ULTA for $5 which is a fine price, but I'd try next time to wait until they have a B1G1 on Essence so I can get it for $2.50 (or get 2 of them)! Only other place I'd say this mascara lacks is in lengthening. It does a LOT of volumizing very fast (this mascara takes me half the time to build up enough product on my lashes to make them look super full as my other mascaras), it separates and you can use the tip of the wand to separate inner and outer corner lashes, but the lengthening isn't drastic. It DOES lengthen, but it really shines with its volumizing ability. Also it doesn't drastically curl my lashes but it does lift them so my eyes look much more open, but the lashes droop a tiny bit throughout the day--it doesn't hold a curl amazingly well, presumably because of the really heavy dry formula it has./Overall, it does everything it claims for me! I am really happy with it and it doesn't irritate my eyes (most mascara makes my eyes red and itchy and watery and this does not).

Pros:
Cheap ($5)
Contains 12 mL of product (for comparison, other mascaras contain: 8 mL, 11.2 mL, 6.9 mL, etc.)
Very black formula (maybe not AS dark as "Carbon black" but is as dark as "Blackest black")
Builds a LOT of volume very quickly
Big brush coats lashes from corner to corner, and tip of wand can coat the smaller and outer corner lashes
Dry formula
Buildable (2 coats looks twice as good as 1 coat, not twice as clumpy!)
AMAZING on lower lashes (coats every lash from root to tip making the bottom lashline extra fabulous)
Separates lashes very well, thickening at the base and leaving the tips of lashes looking normal (avoids those little spider-leg ends to the lashes like fiber mascaras can cause)
Cute packaging! :)

Cons:
Only available at ULTA for me
Flakes onto my cheeks after long hours of wear
Doesn't hold a curl amazingly well for me
Feels heavy on the lashes since you lay down a lot of product with each coat

Definitely give this mascara a try if you are used to and love your traditional mascara wands! This wand IS superior and I love it very much!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2013 12:36:00 AM More reviews by AndieMc

This mascara is fabulous! I put this up there with Covergirl Clump Crusher, and I like this even more than L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black. This is seriously great mascara for turning nothing lashes into big, beautiful lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2013 12:20:00 PM More reviews by nicolalucie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this mascara. I'm honestly so glad I found this. I love having a lot of volume in my lashes and this really achieves that. It also helps lengthen them. You really can't beat the price and I think the packaging is extremely cute. Plus it's not tested on animals so I would definitely repurchase this in the future! Only con is I find I can get a few clumps and flakes (nothing that can't be fixed) and the tube dries out but it's so cheap that it doesn't matter. Love this to pieces.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2013 8:48:00 AM More reviews by meighan04

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am sooo in love w/ this mascara. I am really very lucky I have naturally very lng eyelashes but bec I'm blonde I have to wear mascara to see them, but it affords me the luck to try almost any option. That being said this stuff is THE BEST. And I don't mean for its price point, or being a ds product which may I say at $4.99 isn't a bargain its a STEAL!!! my lashes get even longer when I wear this, to the point of hitting my eyebrows. I can honestly say I don't go a day when I'm wearing it that I don't get at least one compliment and/or asked if my lashes r real or not. This doesn't clump or rub off I know bec NOT only do I have oily skin, I sweat a LOT ALL the time. So really no need for touch ups durring then day or before going out at night. I would, will, & have recommended this stuff and will DEFINITELY repurchase, which is a glowing review from me bec I rarely have ever bought the same mascara twice and NEVER twice in a row bec I llike to experiment but I really don't think it gets any better than this!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2013 4:16:00 AM More reviews by Rebecca0407

overall a very good and inexpensive mascara. it has a great brush that's not flimsy but not harsh either. only downfall is for me it didn't have enough curl or lift. still better than others more than triple the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by eimear5sos

Omg i loved this! It was so cheap, only 3.99! It has cute packaging, i had the pink one. I don't actually know the difference between that and the black one. The wand is pretty basic, you can have a natural defined flick or a full on false lash effect. I wore this out one night and my friend was mad complimenting me! She couldn't believe how cheap I got it for! Of course I recommended it to her, and I will buy it again. I love this and overall essence is a good cheap and pretty reliable brand. :)