July 25, 2014 | 1949 users online

Mascara - Essence - I love extreme crazy volume

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by eimear5sos

Omg i loved this! It was so cheap, only 3.99! It has cute packaging, i had the pink one. I don't actually know the difference between that and the black one. The wand is pretty basic, you can have a natural defined flick or a full on false lash effect. I wore this out one night and my friend was mad complimenting me! She couldn't believe how cheap I got it for! Of course I recommended it to her, and I will buy it again. I love this and overall essence is a good cheap and pretty reliable brand. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2013 10:02:00 PM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

This an awesome mascara to try. For 4.99 I find it similar to CG Lashblast in terms of volume..and that's coming from someone with stick straight eyelashes. I don't have problems with this mascara flaking or smudging

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a good mascara and is better than many other mascaras I have tried. Although, it doesn't give that "crazy volume" that the label claims. My search my HG mascara continues. I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2013 5:22:00 AM More reviews by mymakeuprules

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Every since my favorite drug store mascara was discontinued (Maybelline Lash Stylist) I've been on the hunt for a suitable replacement. I've found some that i like: Diorshow, Lancome Hypnose, Clinique High Impact but those are all over $40 AUD! Tried many, many different mascaras but no luck until now.

Here's what i want from a mascara:
Formula not too wet
Dries quickly
One coat coverage (2 at most)
Volumizing and Lengthening
No smudging or flaking (hello Maybelline Falsies! Yuk)
No fibers because they irritate my eyes
Easy removal with warm water (so no waterproof)
Cost effective

Yes, it's a lot to ask but......Essence I love extreme crazy volume (pink tube) delivers on all of the above. I've been testing it for a few days and survived long days, a vigorous Cycle class, a visit to the massage therapist (face down) and still no smudging! A tiny bit of flaking after 8 hours but hardly anything to worry about, I'm impressed. The rubber brush needs a bit of getting used to but I don't have any problems with it.
It's dirt cheap so no worries throwing it out after a while and getting a fresh one. The only issue is that these are not sealed and could potentially have been opened. Hence one lippy off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by captainflamingo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have very short and sparse Asian lashes. After searching for a good mascara that would help them, I've recently given up. Now, I usually skip mascara because it doesn't make a difference on the visibility of my lashes once I put on my heavy winged eyeliner, but I've been noticing that since my eyeliner is so black, my lashes are visible and grey in comparison. So I've been fooling around with mascaras and impulsively picked this one up to try. Long story short, this is the only mascara I've EVER found that makes my lashes go past my eyeliner! The mascara is very black, and you apply it with a short-bristled rubber brush, like a thicker version of CG Lashblast Length. I use several coats and it lengthens my lashes significantly, volumizes, and even thickens quite a bit. It's a magic worker on my pathetic lashes and it only costs $5! My only gripe with it is that the stopper doesn't seem to work very well and the opening is a little goopy, even after two short weeks of usage.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the first Essence mascara I've bought, though not the first Essence product (I've tried and like some of their lip products). It seems like most of this brand's mascaras on MUA have very high ratings and they are so cheap, I figured I had nothing to lose by trying one.

What I look for in mascara generally, ranked by priority:
1. Volume/Thickness
2. Blackness/Pigmentation
3. Length

This mascara is very, very dark, maybe the blackest mascara I've ever used and I love that. The brush is a rubber/plastic with teeny tiny stubby bristles, which I've noticed is a common brush in the volumizing formulas of a few brands. Even the end of the brush is rounded with a few spiky bristles, which is great for picking up the tough corner lashes. It works really well, picking up every lash. The formula can be pretty goopy/clump lashes together, so you definitely need a lash comb, but the formula itself doesn't crumble or flake. It does do a pretty good overall job of giving the impression of thick/many lashes and lengthening them somewhat as well. I was not completely blown away amazed by this (like I was with the Prestige My Biggest Lashes when I first started using it) but I do like it. I'm going to try building up a few more coats and see if that gets my lashes really big or just makes them too spidery. This formula wears well without smudging or bleeding at all. Although it is not waterproof, it can become like clumpy glue if you are just trying to wash it off without using an eye makeup remover first. One is definitely needed to get all of this off.

The packaging is cute, sort of Maybelline-ish, and the price is unbeatable. I think I want to try the original formula - I love volume extreme, as compared to this crazy volume one - and see if it is a little bit less spidery and tough to remove but still has the good thickening effect.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by hberlin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mascara totally exceeded my expectations. Here's my quick review:

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2013 6:42:00 PM More reviews by xoburymyheartxox

After reading the reviews on MUA I decided to give this mascara a try since it's so cheap. It really makes my lashes look fuller and it stays on all day. It also hardly clumps which I normally have an issue with, I think because I don't have to apply so much because only a few strokes does it. I was so excited when I found this worked so good because it was only 4.99 the cheapest mascara I've ever bought.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2013 5:57:00 AM More reviews by lemdee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My favourite mascara, better than lancome
Cant fault it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2013 12:36:00 AM More reviews by shescrafty72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought this after seeing reviews on youtube but was skeptical because its an inexpensive product. Although I cannot use it on my lower lashes because it did transfer on me, I cannot say enough good stuff about how much I love it on my upper lashes. The brush is like no other I've tried before, its long and skinny, the bristles are not consistent in length or density around the wand, it also has a ball-ish tip that really reaches my inner harder to reach lashes. One coat really does provide enough length and volume, and I am a fan of heavy mascara, two coats is a home run! Its super volumizing and lengthening. Strange enough, it does not flake or transfer on my upper lashes so for the price I am ok with buying a separate mascara for my lower lashes. Never confuse inexpensive for cheap, this mascara is a lesson in that concept! Highly recommended.