September 21, 2014 | 1264 users online

Mascara - Essence - I Love Extreme Crazy Volume

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2013 4:56:00 PM More reviews by DrGMart

I've heard a lot of raves about this product, and I find it's alright. It does provide decent volume and crazy seperation, but I have other mascaras that can do a lot better in terms of length (which is a big factor for me), and I find this isn't very buildable without getting clumpy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2013 11:48:00 AM More reviews by stimwink1

This has become my other go to mascara besides Cover Girl clump crusher. I use this when I don't want or don't have time to put on falsies but I want that fuller look (evening, going out etc)

This is a wetter formula and does require patients and a easy hand if you don't want to end up with spider eyes. Yes I know some gals like the look and can pull it off, for me it looks like I'm trying to put together a halloween costume.

I use my eyelash curler and sometimes I may lay down a coast of my clump crusher let it dry why I'm doing my other make up then go back with the essance. Easy hand, and I will blot the end with a tissue because as I said this is a WET formula. Let the coats dry throughly inbetween. Takes a little bit but if you do your other makeup inbetween you can not make it a longer process.

I've had a little flaking and if you are having a watereye day use your other mascara this will transfer and come off if wet. I have used it with my contacts no major issues. I use regular makeup remover and it does take a little more time to remove because it is a heavier product.

Over all I give this 100% inexpensive and it does the job!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by desertrose08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

So I first heard about this mascara from Emily (Beauty Broadcast). I think it's pretty safe to say that I've tried my fair share of mascaras both high end and drugstore (Armani Eyes to Kill, DiorShow, Dior Iconic Overcurl, YSL Baby Doll, YSL Effet Faux Cils, CG Lash Blast, L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black, Maybelline One by One, MAC Haute & Naughty, Lancome Definicils, Lancome Hypnose Drama, Clinique High Impact and many many more). For reference I have naturally long, thick, and curled lashes (I've never used any lash enhancing products or extensions). What I look for in a mascara is definition (I can't stand spidery lashes), length, volume, and lift (I don't like heavy formulas that weigh down my lashes). Here is a breakdown of the pros and cons of I Love Extreme Crazy Volume:

Pros:
- Volumizes your lashes in just one coat (you don't need to build up layer after layer)
- Lengthens
- Super black formula
- Extremely affordable ($5!)
- Dramatic enough for evening but still wearable during the day

Cons:
- Dries up quicker than other mascaras I've used
- Could be a touch more defining
- If worn all day, can flake slightly onto your cheeks but nothing major

I'm not exaggerating, I'm constantly asked what mascara I have on whenever I wear this by my friends, sales associates at stores, and just random people. This mascara is pretty darn amazing and truly better than pretty much any mascara I've tried. Since I've bought this, three of my friends have gone out and bought it after seeing how my lashes look with it on.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2013 7:34:00 PM More reviews by evapop

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ladies, I LOVE a traditional, thick, spoolie type mascara wand. I thought rubber bristles were the devil's wand and I vowed to foresake them! That is until a number of positive MUA reviews and a few extra dollars left on an Ulta gift certificate led me to this bad boy.

This mascara is great! It lengthens, thickens and does not clump. Even my HG Voluminous clumps sometimes and I need to bust out the last comb. The brush, which I thought I would hate, is amazing. It combs through every lash, so that even after 4 coats - no clumps. I only gave this four lippies as I like Voluminous (HG) for its lengthening & thickening. This does an A+ on thickness, and a B+ on length. But it also does it with no clumps, so I would really give it a 4.5 if I could.

PROS:
- cheap
- amazing volume
- solid lengthening
- i like the packaging - young & loud - but fun
- good amount product
- GREAT formula - it doesn't need the break in period my Voluminous does - its dry
CONS:
- Not anything major - minor ding for good, not great length - but really, that's a nit

Fun little mascara, gives good lash, worth a try!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by nreid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

PROS
-really cheap (CAD$3.95 at Shopper's Drug Mart)
-lots of product (huge tube)
-doesn't clump easily
-very volumizing
-no overwhelming odour or floral scent
-water-resistant
-brush great at separating lashes

CONS
-limited in-store availability
-does flake a bit
-can be a bit hard to remove
-brush is almost too big/long

I bought this mascara on a whim after seeing the reviews here on MUA. I had bonus points to spend at Shopper's Drug Mart, and this was one of the products I chose, along with its sister mascara in the black tube.

It doesn't have much of a scent, if any at all. Some companies deliberately add floral scents to their mascaras, and sometimes these scents are so strong I can smell it on my lashes all day long. It's disgusting. Other brands of mascara have such an overwhelming chemical smell that, whatever the promises, I wonder if I ought to even put it near my eyes. I'm happy to say this mascara has neither of those problems, which makes it great for scent-sensitive people or those whose eyes are easily irritated.

It hardly ever clumps. When I first opened my tube, there was a heckuva lot of product on the brush. Removing it with a tissue did not make a difference. And there still is a ton of product on the brush weeks later. Somehow, though, I hardly ever get clumps on my lashes. The formula is neither particularly wet nor dry and it applies pretty smoothly. It dries in the usual amount of time (about one to two minutes). Transfer is minimal (unless you have long lashes like me, in which case I almost always have to do cleanup on my upper and lower lids). It can also be layered quite a bit, and without risking clumps.

It is most definitely volumizing. It also has a bit of a lengthening effect for me, though that's probably because my lashes are already long. And you think this wouldn't be a problem, except this mascara is so volumizing on me that I can't apply it to my lower lashes. My eyes just end up looking ridiculously made up.

There are two issues I have, though, that don't make this the best product I've ever tried:

1) It flakes. Not too badly, but not just a little either. I usually end up with noticeable smudges on my lower lids that need to be wiped away. I've also seen flakes sticking to the sides of my eyes and to my upper lids on occasion (the more you apply, the worse the flaking could be). It's not so bad that it's a total turn off, but it does knock off one lippy for me.

2) The brush - lengthwise, it's huge. And it may not be the easiest thing for people with shorter lashes to use. That said, it's short bristles are what definitely make this mascara work so well (and, I think, prevent clumps). The shortness of the bristles apply the product evenly and comb out/prevent clumps.

I would repurchase again, though it would be nice if the formula was improved to not flake as much.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2013 3:36:00 PM More reviews by woopibaby

Wow.. this is honestly one of the best mascaras I have ever used. Let's be honest here I have a fetish for mascaras and I am constantly trying new ones simply because it's not going to last me more than 6 months so if it's bad, it won't be sitting at the bottom of my drawer for 2 years haunting me...
So, my constant experimenting with a lot of different mascaras means that I have gained a fair amount of knowledge about mascaras. Let me say this outstraight, if you are thinking of buying Benefit's They're Real or trying it for the first time, don't. This is the closest you will get to a dupe for They're Real and for a fraction of the price, don't waste your money! I live in Ireland, and this costs me under €3 for a tube of this stuff... THAT IS CRAZY! And if you're a woman on a budget or simply are a bargain hunter this stuff will be your HG! Honestly the wand is more or less identical to They're Real, the formulation is fabulous, I'm a crier! I have been to the cinema so many times and balled my eyes out whilst wearing this mascara and it doesn't budge but when I go to remove it, it comes off nicely!

In terms of the packaging it does kind of look like a 12 year old designed it, it isn't sleek and the packaging is an indication that this mascara is cheap however I don't care about that because when I wear this on my lashes Essence is the last brand people expect me to be wearing!

Overall at such a cheap price, at least try it! It's great.. well worth the €3 I spent on it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2013 11:56:00 AM More reviews by HelloTrini

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I freakin' LOVE this mascara! I swear to you, this is the ONLY mascara that'll hold my curl. I have short, thin, weak lashes. ):

The formula is much dryer than a regular mascara, which is what I love. Seems to be more waxy, so it holds the curl a lot better. It is waterproof, but not if you go swimming. I mean, I splashed some water on my face, blinked a few times, and it didn't run down my face. That's good, right!? But if you keep splashing water on your face, it'll run a little.

I find it very easy to remove with my Philosophy One-Step cleanser. Not a problem at all! No rubbing, so scrubbing. It's really easy for me.

The packaging could use a little work, but I mean... Nothing to really complain about. The color is nice, and for $4.95 I guess you can't really ask for better packaging. It is definitely true to color. And it doesn't flake on me. EVER. Definitely lasts ALL day for me, doesn't go down or look ugly when I get home (8+ hours!)

And another thing... I'm not sure if the formula is really dry because someone opened it in the store and I happened to buy it on accident... But, none-the-less, I like a waxy mascara (not too dry though where it'll just flake). I just wish they packaged it a little better, so people can't get into it and screw it up. Can girls be a little more sanitary? Seriously!

Usually with wetter mascaras, I tend to open them, and wait to use them so it gets a little dryer because wetter mascaras just make my lashes fall down and not hold up very well.

Other than that, the bristles are very very nice. They're small and close together, so it COMBS through EVERY lash and the fact that it has SHORT bristles, a lot of product is distributed onto your lashes very nicely. You don't find yourself dipping your brush back into the bottle to get more and causing it to dry out faster. Two coats, and you'll be good! Even one coat does a dramatic difference for me. The tip of the brush is ROUNDED, so you can use that part to flare out the outer corner lashes. It's great!

I am never going after a different mascara. THIS is the one that WORKS for me. It adds volume AND length for me!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2013 7:37:00 AM More reviews by rochiebum

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is THE BEST mascara ! I will not waste my money on other mascara's now that I have found my perfect lengthening and volumizing mascara for $4.95!!! Essence not only are amazing products for a very affordable price, but they do not test their products on animals which is the most important thing when it comes to me buying make up. So happy with this product, don't think I'll buy a different mascara ever again! The only downside is that it is a bit stubborn to remove. But that's no biggie !

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

This is GOOD. I was expecting it to be a slightly different version of the original I Love Extreme in the black tube but no, this is a different product altogether. Different wand, different formula, totally superior mascara.
This has a wetter formulation than I was expecting but it provides a smooth and clump-free application, very buildable too. And the sleek little wand with the tiny bristles will deposit lots of product onto the lashes which is easily brushed out to the tips. And the results are PHENOMENAL- long, thick, lush, super-dramatic lashes, which is exactly what I want from a mascara.
Four lippies instead of five because the tube ended up drying out pretty quickly. Forgivable because it only cost a couple of dollars to begin with. The price really can't be beat- excellent value!
Would definitely buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by ichigocutie

I have short sparse Asian lashes and for the longest time I always stick to my waterproof formula mascara but I noticed everytime I took my eye makeup off my lash fell off no matter what type of eye makeup remover I used. I heard a lot of good reviews on this mascara so I gave it a shot. The first time I opened it I was shocked on how much it was on the wand but I scraped it off with tissue,no problem. A week went by and I haven't had that problem anymore. I really like the formulation its semi dry ,not wet. For everyday look I don't curl my lashes because everytime I curl it a lash or two fall off,this mascara nicely defined and adds volume but not so much length. Then again this mascara claim to give more volume not length. On special occasions I do curled my lashes,and this is where the mascara fail me. It doesn't hold my curl,its so heavy even with only one coat. I guess if you have naturally curly lashes this will not be a problem. I'm not a huge fan of the plastic mascara wand and how the bristles are pretty far apart, if I'm not careful its very easy to get spidery looking lashes. If you like the more natural look I think one coat should be enough or you can just comb it through to avoid any clumping. For the price this mascara is a great and I will buy it again.