Younique 3D Fiber Lashes Mascara Set

3.5

on 1/21/2015 8:56:00 PM

I had higher expectations of this products, I didn't like it at all. Very disappointing. It left my lashes clumpy like I had swiped on a cheap mascara, and the little black fiber fuzzies got all over my face. Never again.

on 1/20/2015 10:46:00 PM

Ebay, Amazon and Craigslist are flooded with Fake Youniqe Mascara. Take a look at how to spot the FAKES! Knock-off products like sunglasses may be fine, but when your putting something in your eyes is way different. http://tinyurl.com/ps58ykf

At first try, I thought this mascara was a total clusterf*ck. It was a clumpy, spidery mess and my eyes felt as there were grains of sand in them. After a few more times using it, I have found it can work and give you really nice looking lashes. What works best for me is-
1. Curling lashes first
2. I always use waterproof mascara, but usually those makes your lashes hard. The best thing to use is a mascara that won't make your lashes hard. One I think works best is the Cover Girl Full Lash Bloom in Waterproof. Still waterproof, but lashes are soft.
3. Use the transplanting gel only on the tips, don't get it near lash line- then go in fast with the fibers before it dries.
4. When using the fibers- again, don't get close to the lash line- move the wand straight up- don't wiggle.
5.Use the transplanting gel again- don't wiggle- go straight up.
6. I will then use another coat of the Cover Girl Lash bloom. The wand makes it easy to separate the clumps and seal the fibers in even more. Plus using a waterproof formula makes the curl last all day.

on 1/14/2015 5:33:00 AM

I thought this product was overhyped, time consuming, and left my lashes ultra clumpy. To do the whole process AND use a pin or tweezers to remove all the clumps was not worth the time to me. I went back to Loreal Double Extend tubes mascara which makes my lashes ultra long with no clumpy mess. The 3D fibers do work better for volume but again, it's time consuming and I wound up putting this in the bottom of my make up trunk.

on 1/13/2015 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

The only negative on this to me is that the packaging is way over the top. A waste of materials. The first time I wore this mascara my eyes were sooooo tired at the end of the day. The. I read the instructions. What a concept. I was applying the fibers too close to my " waterline". If you apply the fibers halfway up your lashes it is much better. I have never lost any of my own lashes. I rub it off gently in the shower with water and clean up the rest with an eye makeup remover cloth. I do not use the fibers on the bottom lashes. I felt like using my own mascara before the transplanting gel was an un necessary step. Some days I don't remove the mascara and don't even need to touch it up the next day. ( I know... Scandalous ).

on 1/13/2015 8:33:00 PM

I had such high hopes but this is a gimmicky, way to expensive, mediocre mascara that easily looks like a clumpy mess.

on 1/13/2015 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this mascara. It's great for when I don't feel like dealing with glue and false lashes. Sometimes I need to not see that strip sitting next to my lash line. That being said, there is a learning curve for this type of product. Many of my friends hate it, but they just slather it on in a ridiculously quick fashion. You can't put it on like regular mascara, or else it will fall into your eyeballs and under your eyes and look ridiculous and irritate your eyes. No squiggling the wand back and forth. That doesn't work with fibers. This product takes some time and finesse to use correctly. You can't use too much on each layer, but it has to be enough, and you have to make sure and seal it well with the gel portion. If you don't, the ends of your lashes can look furry and weird. I also recommend just putting it on the ends. Who needs fibers right next to the eyeball? No one. This is great for lengthening, not volumizing.

I do find it pricey for having to wait for it. I could just go over to ulta or sephora and pick up a fiber mascara for the same price. I'll probably do that after I finish this tube.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

While I love what this pproduct does for my lashes, I hate the process of getting there. I have sensitive eyes and wear contact and when I apply the green tea fibers they fall into my eye and get under my lenses. I think if there were a real mascara brush for the fibers I'd like it more. In all it does what they advertise and gives you the look of falsies.

on 1/11/2015 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This product was presented to me at a bridal expo, and because of it's marketing techniques in the past, I haven't tried it, but I finally decided to give it a go. First- if your eyes are sensitive at all, I do not recommend this. The fibers get in your eyes extremely easily, especially if you use the "wiggle motion" in your mascara application.

Other than that, the product was fine. Very average. For 29$, this is a cheaper alternative to using daily false lashes or even other brands of fiber-lashes. The application was easy for me- it worked better when I curled my eyelashes previously. Definite difference when layering my own mascara (Too Faced Better Than Sex) on top of the second gel coat.

Overall, not worth the trouble daily, but when I'm going out for the night and have a bit of extra time to get myself ready, I would totally use this product.

on 1/10/2015 11:35:00 PM

I was googling another post for Younique's 3D Mascara when I came across this site and curiosity had me reading reviews. I'm going to say that I am an Independent Presenter for Younique. I am not going to try to push my site or try to sell the mascara. I have my own blog which gives my own review of the products...good or bad. I've already read 1 other Younique Presenter's entry trying to help the main comaints. But, I have to admit that I'm really shocked at the bad reviews here.

I've been using the Fiber Lashes since October. I have normal eyelashes. My natural hair color is dirty-blonde. My lashes are medium length (not too long, not too short...just there).

I'm 35, and for years, I have used an eyelash curler, eyeliner, eyeshadow, and mascara. Let me say that I sm of Celtic descent, my older brother stole the 7/8 Cherokee that is supposed to be in our generation.

When I use Younique's mascara, I do NOT have to use my eyelash curler! I even mention that in my how-to video posted on my FB page.

For me, the mascara doesn't take any longer to put on than regular mascara. Reason being, you're supposed to apply around 3 coats before its all said and done anyway.

The fibers will fall on your face during application. Just wipe them off or get some cheek covers. They are 100% mineral, made from green tea, and hypoallergenic. They will not irritate your eyes and are safe for contacts. If my Pasty, Celtic self can wear these products without breaking out, anyone should be okay.

Make sure you follow directions! I usually apply the Transplanting Gel, let it dry, then start this process.
It's this simple: -apply the Transplanting Gel (you need your lashes to be wet for the fibers to stick!!!)
-apply your fibers to the wet Gel using a rolling motion with your brush. Spread evenly where you want to build your lashes.
-reapply your Transplanting Gel to seal your fibers. You will notice the fibers have smoothed out. You will not look clumpy anymore.

Your lashes will NOT fall off throughout the day!!! While I'm talking to potential customers, I play with my own face! I want to show customers tat I'm not blowing smoke. I have not, by touching my face or eyes, pulled off my eyelashes! I even took my daughter to a concert, stood in the pouring rain for 45 minutes waiting to get in, my hair was ruined but my makeup was perfect!!!

Your lashes will stay in place until YOU wash them off! They are very light, do not feel like a waterproof mascara, but you don't have to worry about losing any part of your lashes during the day.

I'm sorry for any of you that have had such a hard time with it. The product really is amazing! If you have really short lashes, add as many coats as you like, just make sure you are following the Gel, Fiber, Gel pattern. The mascara has also been reported by women to help with re-growth of lost eyelashes.

Some people complain about $29.00, but the mascara is in 2 parts. It lasts 3-4 months, AND is hypoallergenic, All-Natural, gluten free, Paraben free, carcinogen free, talc free, Mineral Makeup.

For a list of ingredients, just check out the website. Each product has a list of I gradients. Blogs out there have the pros and cons of each ingredient.

Hope this helps settle some opinions.

Popular Mascaras