Younique 3D Fiber Lashes Mascara Set

3.3

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is a really amazing and excellent product - however, you really have to practice to perfection in order to appreciate it.

I have never used a product that made my lashes appear this long - EVER. And I do not believe one exists that can even come close to Y3D's. I have used lots of fiber mascaras and pre-mascara treatments, they are good (some even quite impressive) but don't even come close to the "va-va-voom" that one gets using this stuff. Case in point: I remember how impressed I was when I first began seeing major results from my prescription Latisse along with my Lancome Cils Booster XL and a Tarte LC Mascara; this product gives similar results but waaaaay better! I am sold.

Ok it definitely takes some practice to perfect this so to not end up looking like tarantula's are tango dancing on your peepers. You gotta go slow and be patient upon application... Also, its best to brush through and separate lashes - while I do notice this lessens or tones down the drama of the look a bit (I think bc it removes some of the fibers?), it will eradicate the "Tammy Faye" effect yet still look amazing and impressive. I don't wear this too often but when I do I get major complements. I can't live without this stuff, I know people have balked at the price ($30.00) but to me it's totally worth it.

I (like so many others) put off trying this for a long time - that whole "Avon/Amway/Mary K" party single seller vibe of it gave me the false impression it was a big joke - plus it wasn't getting raves from mags, popular beauty gurus, etc. and that made me think it was a box of B.S. I was totally wrong though - this stuff rocks!

I notice there have been reviews and complaints that this is hard on the eyes... Well, I have really sensitive eyes, to the extent if I don't throw out my mascara every month I actually end up with some odd puffy red eye infection and I have to use antibiotic drops - I kid you not, happens often (I also get this if I don't remove eye makeup well enough). Yet this doesn't bug me in the slightest. Maybe I just got lucky I am not sure, however, the ingredients in this just don't seem very harsh in comparison to so many other product out there.

I am giving this product 5 stars because it does everything it claims and promises. I thought about giving 4 stars because of the "unnatural" effect or look, then decided against it because... well, does any glamorous dramatic over the top lash product look natural? Nope, so imma go with a 5 star rating because this is awesome and works better than all other products. If you want length try this stuff! And practice to perfection - you will be stoked!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This is great! Makes my lashes longer and thicker and if done properly does not give me spider lashes. The only problem is that it is not waterproof. I put NYX Proof-It over the Younique and that helps keep it from smudging.

This mascara is nice. But thats about all it is. The product itself is nice. The reps, the parties, the people, are obnoxious and that factor alone is enough to drive me away from it. It makes my lashes look longer and more full, but it is also so sticky and clumpy that it is nearly impossible to separate them and make them look like anything but a spiderweb. Not the "pretty and almost natural" look I want. Its nice, but not necessarily for me.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

My aunt had this and I was like "Whoa. Why do you have a glasses case in your makeup bag?" then I opened it and was like "Oh". She taught me how to use it correctly.
Although I'm not a big mascara user (yet i have like 10,000 mascaras) this does make my eyelashes (I have sparse lashes that go down and DO NOT HOLD CURL) look like I ACTUALLY HAD EYELASHES that were fuzzy.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I hate writing reviews but felt like I had to write one for this mascara because of all the mixed reviews out there. It really depends on what you like and how patient you are since there is a learning curve. Also if you did not buy this from a younique presenter and got it off a random website, Amazon or eBay, then you prob ended up spending your hard earned money on the fake ones :-( Some reviewers say it's hard to take off but that could be because they didn't get the real ones? The real ones will come off with make up remover. I haven't had any issues taking it off. In fact it's easier to remove than my usual mascara. I have thin short lashes and when I use this mascara, my lashes look amazing! No other mascara will do this for me. And for those complaining about the fibers falling off, it's likely you're not sealing the fibers properly (or you've got a fake). I wear contacts and have had no issues with the fibers irritating my eyes. I've even had little clumps fall in my eyes and felt nothing! The smallest eyelash will cause my eyes to be red, itchy and irritated but no issues with the fibers at all. It's seriously amazing! I love love love this product and will purchase over and over because at $29 it's a great price when other mascaras that cost about the same dont deliver nearly as much as one coat of this mascara. Follow the directions, exercise patience, allow yourself a learning curve and you will love it too! Also younique does have what they call "the love it guarantee" and will do a no questions refund if you don't like the product. So don't just throw it away if you don't like it, exchange for something else or return it. Simple as that. I, however, love it so I'll buy it off you if you got it through a presenter :-D

I don't get why everyone raves about this mascara. I put it on exactly like I was suppose to, I even watched professional tutorials on it first. It did nothing for my lashes. Drugstore mascaras have done better for me. I lost tons of lashes to a sticky tar like mascara before, and just my luck, this one was super sticky and tar like. You can't have soft or lightweight lashes if the formulas sticky. I put it on over mascara, like it recommends, and put the sealant on, then fibers, then sealant again, and the fibers wouldn't stick to my lashes. Given that it's not waterproof, of course it comes off easily with watery eyes. Eyes water just from blinking sometimes, so I can't imagine a product that goes on your eyes to not be waterproof. I got fibers all over my cheeks. It takes way too long, too much of a hase to apply everyday. And the price is ridiculous. $30 for this mascara is ridiculous. You are basically paying for the packaging. If they changed the fancy packaging there's no reason it should cost that much, especially with all natural ingridents.
And with the counterfeit ones going around it's a risk buying them at a bargain price. If there were lorel or maybelline knock offs with harmful ingridents, maybelline would sue and put a stop to it immediately. It was a waste of money for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This mascara is great, if applied right! If applied wrong it is all the other bad reviews that I have read. You have to follow the directions exactly. Gel first and while still wet then apply fibers. Then finish it off with gel again. You have to seal the fibers with the gel...do not skip this step. If you skip this step the fibers will fall off on your face. If it is applied only apply from middle of your lashes up. This helps for no fibers to fall off as well. You can keep applying the three steps to make your lashes look just like fake lashes too. I would definitely buy this product again! Remember the key is to follow all steps. Very much worth the $29!

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

This works well if you use it correctly. You have to use your own mascara first, then apply the younique mascara, then apply the fibers, then seal it with the younique mascara. DO NOT wait until mascara is dry, Do all of these steps with your lashes still wet. Be careful not to apply to many layers of fibers because you will have clumpy spider lashes. I made the mistake of applying many layers of fiber mascara and my mom told me my lashes looked crazy and ever since then I only do a couple layers. I see a lot of reviewers have trouble removing this product. I personally use Vaseline. I just rub Vaseline all over my lashes and rub the product off with my fingers but very gently. Otherwise using a makeup remover wipe or baby wipes will help, just rub the product off gently with a wipe. I currently do not use this product anymore though- I run through these fast and when its gets old its gets gross. This was also making my makeup routine longer- I love makeup but like to be out the door. I bought this product on ebay for $18- no way I'm paying $30. Overall products works well if you use it right and have time to sit and make your lashes look great.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have tried many times to make this macara work...but it has not worked on my short, asian lashes. I have tried many techniques, and all this mascara has done is given me some length with no curl (even with waterproof mascara,) and somewhat spideresque eyelashes. it is, however, easy to clean and wash off. I ended up giving this to my teenager who has beautiful, thick lashes. This works wonderfully on her.

So this product is meant to be used according to instructions and when it is it works fabulously! My lashes are already long but are light and sparse this thickens and darkens them perfectly! I use as directed (don't pile it on layer upon layer) and curl lashes with an eyelash curler and they're perfect! The product is a bit expensive but it is essentially two products in a beautiful case! Washing it off is zero trouble if you have a proper make- up removing cleanser (I used a Live Clean remover from Wal-Mart and it did the trick and is very gentle) and close your eyes and let this sit directly on your eyes for a bit (while closed tightly) and then splash eyes and face off with warm water. Fibers should not get in eyes if you apply and wash this off correctly (with eyes closed). I am a contact lens wearer and I have had no troubles with this product to date. It is very dramatic. I am okay with that as an everyday look. if you're not then save it for going out. It's still a really good product!

Popular Mascaras