Younique 3D Fiber Lashes Mascara Set

3.5

on 11/29/2014 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this product, and I wore it on 2 different occasions just to be fair and make sure I was applying it correctly. However, I was really disappointed. The application was easy, and initially they looked beautiful.

However the fibers felt like they were falling in my eyes which made me blink constantly all night. I had to keep taking a tissue to wipe under my lashes because it was so uncomfortable.

Also, when I took out my compact mirror to check my face, the fibers were all over the tops of my eyelids and on my face under my water line. I was horrified.

By the end of the night, my eyes were red and itchy. I could not wait to get home and wash them off. The second time I wore them was even worse then the first time.

It's a shame because it's a great concept at an affordable price.

The company representatives that sell this (I had to order through a rep online, not available in stores) should really encourage the manufacturers to go back to the drawing board to tweak the formula. I would not recommend this product at all.

on 11/21/2014 2:36:00 PM

I have been using the 3D Fiber Lashes for about a month now. I bought it intending to do my own face for stage (for a bodybuilding show) but ended up going to a MUA, she just put real false lashes on me- I didn't think to bring this with to ask her to use it. d'oh!

That said, I am enjoying this product for everyday use. I use it on my bare lashes (after curling). Sometimes I get a little bit of fiber fallout while I am applying, no big deal, just brush away with my fan brush. The more I use it, the better I get at using it. A few girls in my bellydance class caught me putting my face on for our studio recital and they were impressed with it (the presentation in the case, my results) so I'd say it's a hit! Great for an "intimate" performance look (by which I mean, you are on the floor with your audience as opposed to on a stage). I'm impressed that it holds up well to Atlantic Canadian wind and rain, but washes off pretty easily at the end of the day when I am going about my bedtime routine.

It's a little pricey, so if you are nervous that the multi-step process isn't for you, I wouldn't blame you for skipping- but if you are open minded about using something new, it's worth a shot- especially if you are concerned about the ingredients in your makeup like some people are (especially near your eyes)- check the website for more details on ingredients. Younique seems to have a decent moneyback guarantee, so if you are adventerous to try it, go for it! Send it back for a refund promptly if you don't like it.

I do plan to buy again when I've used it up, even though I NEVER spend big bucks on mascara, and I'm thinking about being a Younique presenter.

on 11/17/2014 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have very short lashes. Regular mascare-eh. Some are good, others not. This isn't the easiest product to use, but it does work. I start with a regular mascara (the instructions do say this) then gel, fiber, gel. I have never used more than one because that's all I need! Easily doubles the length of my lashes. Yes, you do need to comb out clumps after, but I think it's worth it. I don't have a problem with 'shedding' or smudges more than any mascara.
I have both tubes open at once so I can quickly go back and forth.
It is expensive. I found it for $20, but that's still sorta costly.

on 11/16/2014 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

For anyone who is saying this product doesn't work, you must not be using it correctly. This product is absolutely fantastic at making your eyelashes long and thick. I love the look of it. However, there are a few cons. For anyone who wears contacts, this stuff BURNS. by the end of the day my eyes are on fire. Also, it takes forever to get this off. I had to use two cotton swabs of eye makeup remover plus a makeup wipe just for one eye! That's a bit irritating. Also, by the end of the day I have dark circles under my eyes and also under my eyebrow from the product coming off, which may be due to my oily skin but idk. So I'm not really sure if I'll be purchasing this again... I'll really have to think about it.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I think this mascara is horrible. Tried it and it actually made my eyes burn.. I don't understand the hype about it either?

on 11/14/2014 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is the best

on 11/14/2014 4:10:00 PM

I love my Younique mascara. For those who get fall out and racoon eyes, you're probably not applying it properly because I don't have those issues at all. I have short little stubby thin lashes that stick straight out. You can't even see them when I have no mascara on and when I use regular mascara you can barely tell. With Younique you can actually see my lashes and I don't need to wear falsies. I don't even leave the house without it anymore or I feel naked.

on 11/14/2014 2:39:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

The way I see it - if you need " practice " this product for $40 should do the work for you.

Horrible fall out, major raccoon eyes everything you don't want in a mascara.

on 11/12/2014 5:51:00 AM

I love my mascara! It is a three step process and if you put it to close to your water line like any other product yes you will have an issue, that is why its meant not to go to close to the water line. I love it! It triples my lash length and isnt heavy on the lashes and it is the ONLY mascara I have ever used that does not pull out my lashes! If you do not do the third step you are not locking in the fibers which then will fall on your face, but if you follow the directions you are fine. To the reviewer that said this is antifreeze please check your facts. You are completely wrong. You are refering to ETHYLENE GLYCOL (anti-freeze) NOT PROPYLENE GYLCOL is what is in this product. They are two different things.

on 11/9/2014 1:07:00 AM

I was so excited to try this product, and I am extremely disappointed! I followed the instructions carefully yet it's impossible not to get those fibers in your eyes. My eyes are irritated and blood shot! Also the company LIES about the product being non toxic. It has propylene glycol which is anti freeze. Piece of garbage product

Video Reviews & Tutorials