October 1, 2014 | 1779 users online

Shampoo - Alberto Vo5 - Kiwi Lime Squeeze Clarifying Shampoo

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2011 3:22:00 PM More reviews by LaceyH

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i like this for what its labled as, a Clarifying shampoo. NOT for a daily shampoo, as it would be MUCH to drying. but for a shampoo to use every couple weeks or so its great. i regularly CO wash though, so even if i only use it every other week i still dilute it by about 50%.
great smell, great price, and does what it says it will! whats not love?!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2011 1:32:00 PM More reviews by OhsnappitsEm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

A really good clarifying shampoo for such a resonable price. Lately my scalp has been feeling very itchy and I could feel some sort of build up. My hairdresser said I could benefit from using a clarifying shampoo. I got this one for $1 at Dollar Tree and its great. The smell is amazing and it lathers nicely. After using this my scalp does not itch anymore and my head feels clean I can also go an extra day without washing my hair since this reduces oily roots. I only use this once a month so the bottle will last me a looong time!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2011 1:50:00 PM More reviews by pinkhart

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

What's not to love about this shampoo and conditioner duo? They smell fantastic, they're super cheap, and they make my hair feel and smell wonderful. I have really oily hair. Like the type you have to wash everyday or its oil city. Anyway this makes my hair feel so clean. It never feels dry or course. It gives my hair volume and shine while leaving it so clean. And the smell. Wow! It smells like a spring meadow minus the flies. I love it. Will always repurchase....

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2011 8:48:00 AM More reviews by janetgrace

Excellent anti-residue shampoo with shiny results. I mainly use this when I am doing the CWC method. No need to pay higher prices for any other anti reside shampoo. Great as a volumizing shampoo, too. Never feels course, dry. The conditoner is a perfect mate!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2011 8:19:00 AM More reviews by neonpen

I LOVE THIS SHAMPOO!!! I was smelling all of their shampoos and i came to this one and i couldn't stop smelling it. I bought two of them. Great lather, smells amazing, cleans up the build up from my hair, leaves my hair soft. It really works and it is cheap!!! I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2011 9:09:00 PM More reviews by VogueGrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

WOW! Seriously!? $1 for this AMAZING product!? Talk abotu a DEAL! Although this is a clarifying shampoo it does not dry my hair out at all, it always leaves it looking good. This is what I use when I need to clarify. Best clarifying shampoo I've ever tried, and you can't beat the price!!! LOVE IT. Oh, and it smells lovelyyyyy :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2011 9:22:00 PM More reviews by maurakennedy11

I LOVE THIS STUFF. Alberto V05 shampoos and conditioners are absolutely amazing, my hair has life again for the first time in YEARS. I've gone back and forth between using L'Oreal, Pantene, Herbal Essences, and Suave products, and I've recently bought V05 based on the other reviews on this website and because of the price ($0.79 per bottle!) and I was pleasantly surprised with how clean and soft and bouncy my hair was after using this. My hair doesn't get greasy at the roots really fast the way it usually does; it feels clean all day long. No pulling my hair into a ponytail at 3PM because my hair feels gross! I switch between the clarifying shampoo/conditioner and the Strawberry Moisture Milk...my hair is loving it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2011 12:45:00 AM More reviews by blackmetalmist

This shampoo rocks. Not only is it super cheap but also works really well. I have long thick hair that i wash everyday and this stuff cleans all the gunk out like gel and hairspray. It builds up a nice lather and it doesnt get my hair tangled. I also have noticed that since it does that, i do not end up ripping hair out trying to wash my hair. That was a big problem i was having with Suave Clarifying shampoo. I would end up losing too much hair when shampooing due to not enough lather and a very dry formula. Thank goodness for VO5

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2011 11:59:00 AM More reviews by shaleen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is AMAZING!!! I echo many of the others - I reluctantly went to find a clarifying shampoo because my hairstylist told me I had buildup, and once he pointed it out it was really noticable. I could even see flakes along with my hair acting kind of dead and flat. So I checked this message board and figured this worth a try. Found it at CVS for 69 cents, tried it this morning along with the conditioner, rinsed it off with cool water, and my hair looks COMPLETELY different! Totally shiny and bouncy. I will use this stuff religiously once a week from now on!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2010 7:34:00 PM More reviews by TickyBox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

After my hairdresser told me I had a decent amount of build up in my hair, I went looking for a clarifying shampoo. This stuff was on sale for only 77 cents and the shelf was nearly bare, so I figured I'd give it a try, and I'm very glad I did. Like others have said, don't be fooled by the price tag. I have very fine hair that's easily dried out by certain products, and, much to my surprise, this left my hair feeling soft and not dry at all. All of the gunk was out of my hair, including the heavier, wax based pomade I used on the ends of it.

On top of all that, it's even gentle enough to use everyday. I was using it once or twice a week, but when I ran out of my other shampoo and couldn't get to the store right away, I had to use this for a few days in a row. Again, much to my surprise, I had no drying. I also only use conditioner once a week, so there was no added moisture to my hair.

I've used this on color treated hair as well. I dyed my hair a vivid ruby/auburn around three months ago with a semi-permanent color, and while it faded like the color is supposed to, my hair is still quite red.

Give this stuff a shot. If it doesn't work for you, at least you haven't lost out on a lot of money.