November 27, 2014 | 1622 users online

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2011 7:47:00 PM More reviews by karebear0099

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this cleanser for about 2 or 3 years. Converted my boyfriend to using it too. You can get it at Walmart for about $3.60, which is really cheap for a good face wash. My skin is very sensitive, and oily in some places and dry in others. This cleanser gets my skin clean without stripping. It does not get off all my eye liner but I have never found a face wash that has so I won't hold it against the product. Just a really good, basic, cheap face wash.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2011 10:48:00 PM More reviews by monokuro

The price is decent and average for a drugstore brand.
I tried this product because this is the same ingredient list as the purpose gentle wash. The purpose gentle wash is considered a dupe for the Korres white tea cleanser. I was trying to find the drugstore dupe for the Korres white tea cleanser.

The consistency is gel like, which i find my skin is better suited to than cream cleansers.
This light gel foams really well with water, which i'm beginning to think that is all it is. It is a foamer and not a cleanser.

I use one pump and I don't feel I washed off everything.
When I wipe with a cotton pad, I see makeup come off and onto the pad. My cotton pad does not lie. I am not a heavy makeup wearer and this cleanser is not a good makeup cleanser. I am surprised it could not handle washing mineral makeup.
I adjusted to the cleanser by double cleansing when I wear makeup. I wash once with a pump of gel and rinse with a washcloth. Then I rewash with another pump of gel and rinse with a washcloth. I'm sure there is still makeup on because my eye make up does not rinse off, but it is definitely better than rinsing once. Eye makeup remover is needed.

I try to rinse off very well to get everything off.
When I cleanse once, I feel my skin is dry and tight from residue or something.
When I cleanse twice, I feel my skin is better hydrated.
I rinse more thoroughly than usual because this cleanser has such odd characteristics interactions with my skin.

Because of this double cleansing method, I am using this product quite faster than normal cleansers, so this decent priced product is not really a bang for the buck.

For a 'sensitive skin' product, it is still surprising for this to have fragrance. It smells very strongly fragrant and not good for sensitive. I dislike fragrance for my skin.

After months of using this, I don't consider this a good go to cleanser. So unless things change significantly and my skin is fantastic in the long term, I will not be re-purchasing.

Nice pump package. I haven't had any problems with the pump.

Maybe this is good for someone for has normal skin with no skin problems.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2011 10:37:00 PM More reviews by MissPinkKiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was using a 10%bp wash on my face until I realized it kept my skin clear but was also aging it. So I switched to this, it's simple and gentle and I have probaly went through about 5 bottles of it so far. My skin is back to normal now and I'm very happy with it. I use it with a cleansing brush followed by the matching sensitive skin toner. It honestly has become boring to use the same wash over and over but it works.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2011 12:56:00 AM More reviews by beautifuldreamer324

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I picked this up last fall after I had a bad reaction to the Noxzema foaming facial cleanser. This did a great job at cleansing and calming my skin down. I used this for quite a while and finished the entire bottle. This is a great BASIC no frills cleanser without harsh additives. This cleansed well and removes makeup and gets the job done. I would have repurchased, but I started selling MARK and decided to try the Mark That's Deep Cleanser. This is still a great cleanser and I would purchase it again. I compared the ingredients on the back of this and the Purpose cleanser (which I have now), and they are EXACTLY the same, except the Clean & Clean was cheaper. (That's how I ended up with C&C over Purpose in the first place. The only reason that I recently picked up the Purpose is that I was unable to find the C&C sensitive skin cleanser at the Target and Walmart that I went to.
I do highly recommend this as an excellent basic cleanser for sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2011 1:22:00 PM More reviews by teedums

This isn't a bad cleanser, I bought based on the other reviewers that it's similar to Johnson & Johnson's Purpose but cheaper. It does the job and I like the pump bottle too. Sometimes, I have to use a lot to get a decent foam going but that's just a minor issue. There are other cleansers that I prefer but I may buy this product again. Overall, I will rate a 4.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2011 8:18:00 PM More reviews by babygirl95

HG status. This is a perfect basic facial cleanser. It is great for mornings when I want a basic clean before continuing with my routine. It has the exact same ingredients as the purpose basic facial cleanser for less than a half of the cost (yes I checked the ingredients). I really like this stuff and I have used it for years. I will continue repurchasing as long as they continue making it.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/9/2011 6:20:00 PM More reviews by annabelle807

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I thought this cleanser was pretty great for a while - it foams pretty nicely and does not have an overly irritating scent - until I started noticing that it clogged the pores on my sensitive/combination/easily clogged skin. I'm not sure why that happened (maybe it was too gentle a cleanser and didn't remove enough dirt an oils?) but I won't be repurchasing this. I think I won't even try to finish the bottle :(

The price was really affordable though! It's about $6 or $7 CAD at Shoppers Drug Mart.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2011 11:07:00 AM More reviews by amanda23

Ok I hate this stuff. I've had it sitting in my pile of products for months. I keep coming back to it, wanting to like it but every time I use it I notice a get clusters of little angry pimple on my cheeks! And whenever I stop using this they go away just as mysteriously as they appeared. It must be the Sodium Laureth Sulfate, which is bad for your skin and like the very first ingredient on the bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2011 11:08:00 AM More reviews by pocheros

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

After trying numerous other cleansers that either severely irritated my skin or didn't actually cleanse my face I finally found one that works! I have very fair, dry, acne-prone skin and although it contains SLS it seems to do a great job without worsening my skin problems. It cleans my skin without over drying it, although I follow it up with moisturizer afterwards. (If you just cleanse your skin with practically anything and let it dry out all day, it will definitely make your skin problems worse.)

I follow the acne.org regimen of cleansing (with this product) followed by a treatment (benzoyl peroxide) followed by moisturizer (cetaphil moisturizing lotion) and it has kept my skin clear and glowing for 6 months now.

The only complaint I have is that if you knock over the bottle or drop it sometimes the pump gets stuck and it's very hard to make it work properly again!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2011 12:09:00 PM More reviews by karacottle

Wow - was highly recommended on beautypedia. I could feel the difference immediately. And so cheap!