Clean & Clear Foaming Facial Cleanser - Sensitive Skin

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Peg-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Peg-150 Distearate, Sodium Lauroampho Pg-Acetate Phosphate, Fragrance, Quaternium-15, Tetrasodium Edta

on 8/30/2011 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this to wash my face and my makeup brushes! The cleanser claims that its for sensitive skin and removes makeup. It does a decent job at removing face makeup (I use a separate eyemakeup remover) so I figured I would give it a try at removing the makeup from my brushes (Mac and Sonia Kashuk). If it's gentle enough on my face, it won't be too harsh for my brushes, right? Right! It's great! I use this cleanser daily on my face and weekly on my makeup brushes. It's inexpensive (less than $4 at Target) compared to makeup brush cleansers and better than using baby shampoo. I have repurchased this several times and will keep purchasing this.

on 8/23/2011 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Finally, I product by Clean & Clear that I approve of! I use this in the shower ever night after I've removed my makeup. Leave my skin soft, and I actually feel clean...plus, it's a great price for the amount of product you get.

on 8/10/2011 7:47:00 PM

I have been using this cleanser for about 2 or 3 years. Converted my boyfriend to using it too. You can get it at Walmart for about $3.60, which is really cheap for a good face wash. My skin is very sensitive, and oily in some places and dry in others. This cleanser gets my skin clean without stripping. It does not get off all my eye liner but I have never found a face wash that has so I won't hold it against the product. Just a really good, basic, cheap face wash.

on 8/1/2011 10:48:00 PM

The price is decent and average for a drugstore brand.
I tried this product because this is the same ingredient list as the purpose gentle wash. The purpose gentle wash is considered a dupe for the Korres white tea cleanser. I was trying to find the drugstore dupe for the Korres white tea cleanser.

The consistency is gel like, which i find my skin is better suited to than cream cleansers.
This light gel foams really well with water, which i'm beginning to think that is all it is. It is a foamer and not a cleanser.

I use one pump and I don't feel I washed off everything.
When I wipe with a cotton pad, I see makeup come off and onto the pad. My cotton pad does not lie. I am not a heavy makeup wearer and this cleanser is not a good makeup cleanser. I am surprised it could not handle washing mineral makeup.
I adjusted to the cleanser by double cleansing when I wear makeup. I wash once with a pump of gel and rinse with a washcloth. Then I rewash with another pump of gel and rinse with a washcloth. I'm sure there is still makeup on because my eye make up does not rinse off, but it is definitely better than rinsing once. Eye makeup remover is needed.

I try to rinse off very well to get everything off.
When I cleanse once, I feel my skin is dry and tight from residue or something.
When I cleanse twice, I feel my skin is better hydrated.
I rinse more thoroughly than usual because this cleanser has such odd characteristics interactions with my skin.

Because of this double cleansing method, I am using this product quite faster than normal cleansers, so this decent priced product is not really a bang for the buck.

For a 'sensitive skin' product, it is still surprising for this to have fragrance. It smells very strongly fragrant and not good for sensitive. I dislike fragrance for my skin.

After months of using this, I don't consider this a good go to cleanser. So unless things change significantly and my skin is fantastic in the long term, I will not be re-purchasing.

Nice pump package. I haven't had any problems with the pump.

Maybe this is good for someone for has normal skin with no skin problems.

on 7/31/2011 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I was using a 10%bp wash on my face until I realized it kept my skin clear but was also aging it. So I switched to this, it's simple and gentle and I have probaly went through about 5 bottles of it so far. My skin is back to normal now and I'm very happy with it. I use it with a cleansing brush followed by the matching sensitive skin toner. It honestly has become boring to use the same wash over and over but it works.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I picked this up last fall after I had a bad reaction to the Noxzema foaming facial cleanser. This did a great job at cleansing and calming my skin down. I used this for quite a while and finished the entire bottle. This is a great BASIC no frills cleanser without harsh additives. This cleansed well and removes makeup and gets the job done. I would have repurchased, but I started selling MARK and decided to try the Mark That's Deep Cleanser. This is still a great cleanser and I would purchase it again. I compared the ingredients on the back of this and the Purpose cleanser (which I have now), and they are EXACTLY the same, except the Clean & Clean was cheaper. (That's how I ended up with C&C over Purpose in the first place. The only reason that I recently picked up the Purpose is that I was unable to find the C&C sensitive skin cleanser at the Target and Walmart that I went to.
I do highly recommend this as an excellent basic cleanser for sensitive skin.

on 6/26/2011 1:22:00 PM

This isn't a bad cleanser, I bought based on the other reviewers that it's similar to Johnson & Johnson's Purpose but cheaper. It does the job and I like the pump bottle too. Sometimes, I have to use a lot to get a decent foam going but that's just a minor issue. There are other cleansers that I prefer but I may buy this product again. Overall, I will rate a 4.

on 6/20/2011 8:18:00 PM

HG status. This is a perfect basic facial cleanser. It is great for mornings when I want a basic clean before continuing with my routine. It has the exact same ingredients as the purpose basic facial cleanser for less than a half of the cost (yes I checked the ingredients). I really like this stuff and I have used it for years. I will continue repurchasing as long as they continue making it.

I thought this cleanser was pretty great for a while - it foams pretty nicely and does not have an overly irritating scent - until I started noticing that it clogged the pores on my sensitive/combination/easily clogged skin. I'm not sure why that happened (maybe it was too gentle a cleanser and didn't remove enough dirt an oils?) but I won't be repurchasing this. I think I won't even try to finish the bottle :(

The price was really affordable though! It's about $6 or $7 CAD at Shoppers Drug Mart.

on 6/5/2011 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Ok I hate this stuff. I've had it sitting in my pile of products for months. I keep coming back to it, wanting to like it but every time I use it I notice a get clusters of little angry pimple on my cheeks! And whenever I stop using this they go away just as mysteriously as they appeared. It must be the Sodium Laureth Sulfate, which is bad for your skin and like the very first ingredient on the bottle.