April 18, 2014 | 933 users online

Cleansers - Clean & Clear - Foaming Facial Cleanser - Sensitive Skin

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2011 8:18:00 PM More reviews by babygirl95

HG status. This is a perfect basic facial cleanser. It is great for mornings when I want a basic clean before continuing with my routine. It has the exact same ingredients as the purpose basic facial cleanser for less than a half of the cost (yes I checked the ingredients). I really like this stuff and I have used it for years. I will continue repurchasing as long as they continue making it.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/9/2011 6:20:00 PM More reviews by annabelle807

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I thought this cleanser was pretty great for a while - it foams pretty nicely and does not have an overly irritating scent - until I started noticing that it clogged the pores on my sensitive/combination/easily clogged skin. I'm not sure why that happened (maybe it was too gentle a cleanser and didn't remove enough dirt an oils?) but I won't be repurchasing this. I think I won't even try to finish the bottle :(

The price was really affordable though! It's about $6 or $7 CAD at Shoppers Drug Mart.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2011 11:07:00 AM More reviews by amanda23

Ok I hate this stuff. I've had it sitting in my pile of products for months. I keep coming back to it, wanting to like it but every time I use it I notice a get clusters of little angry pimple on my cheeks! And whenever I stop using this they go away just as mysteriously as they appeared. It must be the Sodium Laureth Sulfate, which is bad for your skin and like the very first ingredient on the bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2011 11:08:00 AM More reviews by pocheros

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

After trying numerous other cleansers that either severely irritated my skin or didn't actually cleanse my face I finally found one that works! I have very fair, dry, acne-prone skin and although it contains SLS it seems to do a great job without worsening my skin problems. It cleans my skin without over drying it, although I follow it up with moisturizer afterwards. (If you just cleanse your skin with practically anything and let it dry out all day, it will definitely make your skin problems worse.)

I follow the acne.org regimen of cleansing (with this product) followed by a treatment (benzoyl peroxide) followed by moisturizer (cetaphil moisturizing lotion) and it has kept my skin clear and glowing for 6 months now.

The only complaint I have is that if you knock over the bottle or drop it sometimes the pump gets stuck and it's very hard to make it work properly again!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2011 12:09:00 PM More reviews by karacottle

Wow - was highly recommended on beautypedia. I could feel the difference immediately. And so cheap!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2011 3:43:00 AM More reviews by kissjacksparrow

I can't believe that I haven't reviewed this product yet. I have purchased this so many times over the years. It is my go-to for facial cleansers. I stray from time to time - I sometimes succumb boredom and fancy advertising, but eventually come back to this. It's a great, no fuss, no fru fur, just does what it sais and it does it well.

I love that it has no fragrance, no dies, no silly 'beads' or wild claims. It's just basic. It cleanses well without irritating my skin. It's gentle enough that I can use it around my eyes to remove makeup without a problem. I can use quite a bit to remove my makeup without any remover before, and it gets everything off. love it.

After using it because it's what I have always used. my SO has come accustomed to it, and it's all that he will use. Anytime I buy something else he doesn't even want to try it.

The only other cleanser that I have liked this much is the L'oreal 360 for senstive skin. The reason I like that one is because of the scrublettes it comes with (which I save, and use with this cleanser - or whatever one I currently have) and that it us more moisturizing. However, this one is half this price, and I like the foaming action - I feel like it gets my skin cleaner then any other cleanser, which is amazing because it's also the most gentle. In terms of ability to cleanse and remove makeup, C&C does it better I think. L'oreal sometimes takes a few passes to get all my make up off. I like the packing of this better, too.

The packing of this is great! The pump is convenient. Sometimes it's hard to get the last few drops at the bottom, but no biggie.

This is really economical as well - It's about $3 and it lasts me a few months using 2x daily since you really don't need a lot because it foams up nicely and cleanses so well.

I recently bought a few other cleansers because I wanted to try out some other brands, since this is all I used for so many years. I thought maybe I was missing out on something, but most of them irritate my skin with their added dies and fragrances. I actually can't wait to use them up and buy this again.

I will likely stick to this in the warmer months, and the l'oreal when my skin needs more moisture.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2011 12:13:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Excellent cleansing product! I love that is comes in a pump, is very gentle on my skin, effectively removes make-up and gunk from my face, and actually has not dried out my skin! Bonus is it is cheap too and available at any d/s.
Update: I'm now on my fifth bottle and this has become my HG cleanser. I love the lather, removes m/u, doesn't dry out my skin, and have had no irritation. Plus it costs around $5!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2011 1:54:00 AM More reviews by Tesco518

My holy grail! I have been using this since I am 16 years old and I have to say, I had acne as a teen but once I started using this, it really subsided. I use it once in the morning and once at night. It's a great basic cleanser and makeup remover. I pray this never gets discontinued. I have noticed several stores don't carry it anymore.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2011 11:41:00 AM More reviews by ally21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I thought I really loved this product for about a year. I have oily/acne-prone skin so I really loved the foaming aspect because it cleaned my skin really well. However, I recently googled "acne detective" which is a website that tells you all the comedogenic and irritating ingredients in products. This cleanser had a lot of those ingredients including sodium laureth sulfate which is pretty much a poison to your skin. I immediately stopped using this product and did some research and I started using a Noxzema cleanser. I rarely ever break out anymore and when I was using this cleanser I was getting at least 3 breakouts a day. I think my skin is just very sensitive to harmful ingredients. So my advice for you is to check the harmful ingredients in products and be aware of what you are putting on your face. I won't buy this product again.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2011 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Cmo1987

Great price, packaging, and easy to find.
This cleanser is very simple, and calming. You can't beat it. Must try!!