Avene Rich Hydrating Cream - Hydrance Optimale Riche

4.1

Water - Mineral Oil - Glycerin - PPG-15 Stearyl Ether - Cyclomethicone - Cetearyl Alcohol - Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil - Glyceryl Stearate - PEG-100 Stearate - Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter - Cetearyl Glucoside -Benzoic Acid - Beta Sitosterol- BHT - C13-14 Isoparaffin - Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride - Chlorphenesin - Disodium EDTA - Fragrance - Glycine Soja (Soybean) Extract - Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides - Laureth-7 - Phenoxyethanol - Poloxamer 188 - Polyacrylamide - Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate - Sodium Hydroxide - Xanthan Gum

on 5/1/2008 5:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Wonderful consistency, great moisture for slightly dry skin. Despite the name, I wouldn't recommend it for extremely dry skin.

Lightly scented, a minus for very sensitive skins. However, the scent is clean and pleasant and probably not strong enough to irritate normal or slightly sensitive skin (like mine).

Sanitary tube packaging is a plus. When it's almost gone I just cut the tube open to get at the last bits.

About 15€ for a 40 mL/1.35 oz. tube, more expensive than drugstore brands but less than department store.

Avene = no animal testing!

on 2/19/2008 6:14:00 AM

I have pretty dry skin - that tends to flake & get very sore in cold weather. I was fighting flakies & dry patches all over my face - so i tried this & its great!It glides onto my skin & calms any redness straight away - even after a hot shower. It feels light upon application but i can feel it somewhat on my skin throughout the day - but i like that also it means no more flakes/dry patches!! It can leave my skin (with MU over it) a little shiny twoards the end of the day - but i like that glowy look & again - it means no tight/sore skin on my face.I paid about 19 euros for it in Ireland. It also provides a great base for MU.I will keep using this.(i may try the spf15 version next)EDIT: i have upgraded this to 5 lippies - it works wonders on my dry skin - i also use it to buffer my Ystheal Creme with.

on 2/12/2008 10:28:00 AM

I love this cream for helping sort out my skin after using Murad's Skin Clearing kit. I used the kit 3 times and my skin went dry, red, sensitive, itchy and unbelievably rough. My LRP Toleraine did an OK job but couldn't cope with the extent of the dryness. After the first night of using the Avene my skin was much less dry and a bit smoother. Now, a few days on it's nearly back to normal! Thanks Avene! It's a bit too heavy for my skin to use during the day so that's when I use my Toleraine.

on 12/27/2007 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I've tried all sorts of moisturizers in the past, from high end (lancome) to cheap (neutrogena), and my dermatologist recommended Avene to me and it's the only moisturizer I use now. I used the light formula before but during the winter months when my skin dries out more frequently I like the rich formula better.

It moisturizes without leaving my skin oily and absorbs very well. I used to have to go get my supply when I visited Japan but now supposedly they sell it in American drug stores. I wish the tube was bigger and it lasts longer, but product quality definitely gets two thumbs up from me.

on 12/11/2007 11:07:00 AM

This moisturizer made me break out almost instantaneously, which rarely happens to me. Furthermore, it did not soothe my sensitive, dry skin.

on 10/23/2007 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I absolutely love this moisturizer. One of the only moisturizers I've used that delivereded real, moisturizing results! I have very dry skin, and I use this over top of the Neostrata 10% glycolic lotion, and couldn't be more happy. It doesn't cause my sensitive skin to break out, leaves my skin looking radiant and ready for make up application, and is one third of the price of many of the higher end products that don't do nearly as good of a job! I'm on my 4th repurchase.

on 9/20/2007 5:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Ref: DSPT/DSPW (Dr. Baumann: Dry, Sensitve, Pigmented, Tight/Wrinkled)
1 lippie off for the fragrance, 1 lippie off for the polyacrylamide. But I always have to come back to this. I'm super-sensitive to alcohol and fragrance. However, the fragrance here does not irritate my skin even when I'm on Differin. My skin feels very hydrated. Besides fragrance, the other thing I don't like is the polyacrylamide, which might be carcinogen. Will I buy again? Yes, until I find a similar moisturizer without fragrance and polyacrylamide.

Ingredients:
Avene aqua, Paraffinum liquidum, glycerin, PPG-15 stearyl ether, cyclomethicone, cetearyl alcohol, Carthamus tinctorius, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, butyrospermum parkii, cetearyl glucoside, benzoic acid, betasitosterol, BHT, C13-14 isoparaffin, chlorphenesin, disodium EDTA, fragance, glycine soja, laureth-7, phenoxyethanol, poloxamer 188, polyacrylamide, sodium chondroitin sulfate, sodium hydroxide, Aqua, xanthan gum.

♥♥♥ I love this product :) My skin was webbed, thin, lined and papery and generally very upset after BHA indulgence - no matter how much Nivea sensitive I slapped on, nothing happened.

So..last Sunday, I cleansed with jojoba oil, feeling sad, hopeless and frustrated as the face of a sun-worshipping, alcoholic 50 year-old with mature onset acne haunted me from the mirror. I put on Hydrance Optimale, turned off the light and turned in...

...and then woke up the next day with the face of a 21 year-old sunscreen addict (albeit with healing teenage hangover acne), which is, considering i've just described myself, my rightful face back again! As I said, very happy.

Though just to disclaim and clarify, I AM actually 21, not 50 (this would be a very good value product if so) :)

on 3/28/2007 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Made my super dry skin moisturized and very SMOOTH. The only down side is the fragrance. Over-whelming. I hold my breath everytime I put this on. Surprisingly, it doesn't irritate my skin. I was expecting a reaction since I cannot use products with added fragrance. Excellent. Won't repurchase due to the fragrance.

on 1/29/2007 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This product is good but has some dissadvantages. First of all the hydration lasts as long as you use it on your skin. Once you remove it your skin is even dryer than before. Moreover, it would be a really nice moisturiser if it didn't have fragnance in its synthesis. I think that's the cause of some irritation to skin and eyes also. Once I wear it my eyes burn and they become red. For God' sake don't use fragnance on face cremes!