August 27, 2014 | 1781 users online

Moisturizers - Avene - Rich Hydrating Cream - Hydrance Optimale Riche

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2007 1:45:00 PM More reviews by littlemissrae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this moisturizer. One of the only moisturizers I've used that delivereded real, moisturizing results! I have very dry skin, and I use this over top of the Neostrata 10% glycolic lotion, and couldn't be more happy. It doesn't cause my sensitive skin to break out, leaves my skin looking radiant and ready for make up application, and is one third of the price of many of the higher end products that don't do nearly as good of a job! I'm on my 4th repurchase.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2007 5:19:00 AM More reviews by vinlynus

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Ref: DSPT/DSPW (Dr. Baumann: Dry, Sensitve, Pigmented, Tight/Wrinkled)
1 lippie off for the fragrance, 1 lippie off for the polyacrylamide. But I always have to come back to this. I'm super-sensitive to alcohol and fragrance. However, the fragrance here does not irritate my skin even when I'm on Differin. My skin feels very hydrated. Besides fragrance, the other thing I don't like is the polyacrylamide, which might be carcinogen. Will I buy again? Yes, until I find a similar moisturizer without fragrance and polyacrylamide.

Ingredients:
Avene aqua, Paraffinum liquidum, glycerin, PPG-15 stearyl ether, cyclomethicone, cetearyl alcohol, Carthamus tinctorius, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, butyrospermum parkii, cetearyl glucoside, benzoic acid, betasitosterol, BHT, C13-14 isoparaffin, chlorphenesin, disodium EDTA, fragance, glycine soja, laureth-7, phenoxyethanol, poloxamer 188, polyacrylamide, sodium chondroitin sulfate, sodium hydroxide, Aqua, xanthan gum.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2007 3:25:00 PM More reviews by xMorningRosex

♥♥♥ I love this product :) My skin was webbed, thin, lined and papery and generally very upset after BHA indulgence - no matter how much Nivea sensitive I slapped on, nothing happened.

So..last Sunday, I cleansed with jojoba oil, feeling sad, hopeless and frustrated as the face of a sun-worshipping, alcoholic 50 year-old with mature onset acne haunted me from the mirror. I put on Hydrance Optimale, turned off the light and turned in...

...and then woke up the next day with the face of a 21 year-old sunscreen addict (albeit with healing teenage hangover acne), which is, considering i've just described myself, my rightful face back again! As I said, very happy.

Though just to disclaim and clarify, I AM actually 21, not 50 (this would be a very good value product if so) :)

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2007 10:28:00 AM More reviews by QueenQ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Made my super dry skin moisturized and very SMOOTH. The only down side is the fragrance. Over-whelming. I hold my breath everytime I put this on. Surprisingly, it doesn't irritate my skin. I was expecting a reaction since I cannot use products with added fragrance. Excellent. Won't repurchase due to the fragrance.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2007 6:13:00 PM More reviews by Stella6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is good but has some dissadvantages. First of all the hydration lasts as long as you use it on your skin. Once you remove it your skin is even dryer than before. Moreover, it would be a really nice moisturiser if it didn't have fragnance in its synthesis. I think that's the cause of some irritation to skin and eyes also. Once I wear it my eyes burn and they become red. For God' sake don't use fragnance on face cremes!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2007 10:08:00 AM More reviews by Scatty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't get on with this. My skin reacted to it and I haven't a clue why seeing as I am okay with most Avene products. It may be the fragrance? It made my skin red and I didn't find it very moisturising. I have very dry and sensitive skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2007 2:13:00 AM More reviews by Yogal28

So far, this is the best moisturizer i have ever used. Alot of the middle range to expensive high end product, doesn't really do as promise nor that it received good rave here on MUA but in the end on my face, the result achieve by others that i desire of, always seem to play reverse role upon my face. As usual, i had headache when my moisturiser finish because i had to search here on MUA for a good one and the brand must be available as well but then it usually need some time and miracle to find one, luck really. As again, usual, i look upon moisturizer after finish CD moisturiser without gd result, i give up. I come across this brand and thought i give it a try. I know it would be kinda expensive but not as expensive as CD one. I had tried their cleansing gel wash before but wasn't impressed. I don't think it's that clean enough, well at least for me. But i think i wrote the cleansing review. I am quite fussy on moisturizer. This one smooth my face after using, i like that. Though it's a cream and i'm oily and acne prone skin, i don't think it's that oily yet but though there are a little tiny bump now and then...but since i like the performance that much and not as expensive as a CD, i will continue to get this but i heard about the lighter version, probably used that during day, instead of this. This would be fantastic for nightcream. I hope that Avene won't ever pull of SG or else i would have to search again. Unless i come across a better one, this, for now is my HG moisturizers! Update: Break me out. But it make my skin smooth, oh well! Nothing special when applied in the long run.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2007 11:22:00 PM More reviews by sahyslop

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great moisturizer when I need a little extra. Normally I can use skin recovery but sometimes in the winter I need more. This sinks right in and doesn't cause any irritation. Your skin really feels well moisturized.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2006 2:59:00 AM More reviews by irenali

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this moisturizer! I have problem skin, with occasional flare-ups of seborrheic dermatitis. Since my skin is oily, I usually avoid heavy moisturizers, but now, with winter, I had to go back to my derm because every moisturizer I've tried for the past two months has done absolutely nothing for the ultra-dry, chapped skin on my nose and general dehydration of my face. He prescribed Hydrance Optimale Riche, and I love it. It has a very creamy consistency, very comforting for cold weather. I've been using it for two weeks and the overall appearance of my complexion has improved. This moisturizer doesn't clog pores, feels very light (even with the creamy consistency) and does wonders in protecting dry skin from a cold environment.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2006 5:53:00 PM More reviews by divini

Great moisturiser. I have problem skin (now improving, thankfully, largely thanks to MUA advice) which is prone to oil production and clogging. Yet I successfully use rich moisturisers and oils. This cream absorbs well and my skin is less affected by temperature fluctuations, dry airconditioned air, etc. and produces less of its own oil as a result.