July 28, 2014 | 1742 users online

Skincare - Face - Avene - Thermal Water

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by dehmorais

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is just an expensive water. It's good just for refreshing, the only thing I like about this is the feeling when I spray it in my face in the summer, that's it! I don't think it does anything for my acne prone skin, really. And also I've seen too many dermatologists and people saying that thermal water actually dehydrates the skin, and I think it makes sense.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2013 7:47:00 AM More reviews by fashionbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Yes Avene. Yes. This is just a little dry skin refreshing canned miracle. I went away for one week for work and as soon as I got back I practically ran for my bathroom to see my thermal water again. I use this after removing make up to get rid of that filmy feeling micellar water can leave, and again as a sort of toner after cleansing. I always wipe it off with a cotton round. It just does wonders for giving a super clean but not tight feeling. Is also really refreshing. I know how crazy it sounds because arguably it's just water in a can and yet it feels like so much more! Surely we're not all going mad and it actually is a great product. I always have a giant can stashed away!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Snosand

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have tried lots of water sprays but this one seems to work the best for me. I have really bad rosacea and when my skin doesn't feel right I just mist it with this spray. The bottle is huge so for the price it is not bad, plus it last a long time.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2013 12:38:00 PM More reviews by LibertyRose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I know sprays are often used as toners or makeup setters but this one is strictly special occasions-only for me. I don't need it often, but for a few short weeks when spring accelerates into summer, my skin gets itchy and it is time to give my usual regimen a rest. During seasonal transitions I use nothing but this and an ointment from my dermatologist at night. A thorough spray after the shower staves off dryness without causing further irritation, and even the light mineral scent is calming. Let the ointment do the rest of the work.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2013 7:37:00 AM More reviews by jrh917

A-mazing mist spray.

Whenever I get burning or irritating skin from using a product that doesn't suit me, I spray this on my face and my skin will 'listen' to it... It calms down immediately and redness reduces.

I don't use it all the time, but when I had too much sun exposure or when I have irritating skin problem. It's a must have item on my powder desk!! Love it love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by kwill89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this. I bought it today at Shoppers Drugmart, after a great makeup advisor told me that it'd be great for my dehydrated skin! I use this after my face wash and Clarins Exfoliating Brightening Toner and before my moisturizer. I can't stop spraying this, I've been doing little spritzes since I applied my moisturizer, though I haven't tried the "patting it dry" technique which I'm sure would make the hydration more long-lasting. So far I am impressed, it seems to have evened out my skin tone and it is definitely nice for sensitive skin. I bought the medium sized bottle to test this product out and I feel like this will become a staple in my skincare routine!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Mir80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

being a dermatologist, I prescribed it 2 my husband who has an acne-prone, oily skin. it did wonders on him. silica in it, also known as beauty mineral or anti-aging mineral improves skin elasticity and also detoxifies it. silica has lots of other health benefits too on bones, brain and immunity etc. well, i started using it too.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Lulabelle13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Honestly, I'm a skeptic and normally I would never go for this kind of thing, but after seeing lots of raves on the skincare board I decided to try this product out. I'm not sure if it really has special properties or if it's just the placebo effect, but I have repurchased this many times over the years. I use it after my morning and evening showers, before applying any other products. It feels soothing and refreshing, and I do notice a difference when I don't use it. It is also great on sunburns, razor burn, rashes, etc. Of course it's pricy for water, but for how long the can lasts it really isn't too expensive compared to some of the other skin care products I use. I often switch up my skin care routine, but this is one product that always stays.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2013 7:15:00 AM More reviews by george3b

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I am not going to talk about the effects of this on my (face) skin as I dont think it did much. I am going to tell you about the wonders of this for healing. I use this regularly after waxing, bikini waxing that is. I unfortunately have been blessed with thick and densely populated hair growth down there which I have made even worse through constant shaving. It has come to a point where the hairs are just so thick and spikey that they make me feel uncomfortable specially when starting to grow. I eventually thought I would give myself a hollywood...

So after my attempt which was successful (I am not going to tell you about the body contortions I had to do and the pain) although not perfect. I was completely sore and some hair follicles had even bled. I rinsed the wax off, dried up and sprayed it with the thermal spring water. Within a few minutes the skin felt so relieved. It usually takes a couple of days for the redness to subside when I wax my bikini line and sometimes I even get little blisters when I shower the day after. This time the skin had completely calmed down by the following morning and I showered as normal with no sensitivity down there. I usually spray it on a second time just to really speed up the healing.

Anyway, I'd like you all to try this for that because it is amazing!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2013 3:50:00 PM More reviews by monty713

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

For those who say "just water"... Nope, it's not. It has minerals and since I live in an area that has hard water, it is very beneficial to my skin. When I see the effects of hard water (marks around taps/deposits in kettle), I can't imagine what it must be doing to my skin. Using something as clean and purified as this makes a huge difference in the condition to my skin. Noticeably more clear and vibrant.