NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

4.2

on 1/24/2015 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have two words for this concealer: Breakout City! Ugh.....

For reference, I have EXTREMELY sensitive skin and rosacea (the type that involves acne-like pimples; lucky me). My skin is so sensitive in fact, that I swear sometimes the air touching it will break me out. Seriously...even on days when I don't leave the house, I have to put on foundation to "protect" my skin from the air. Anyhow, with that said, here is my honest review of this product.

I purchased this in Chantilly, the lightest shade. It was a good match, but may have been a smidge on the light side, even for my fair NW 15-20 complexion. However, I do like concealers to brighten under my eyes, so this wasn't a problem for me.

I am big fan of the sponge tip applicator for its ease of use, but because I use concealer both under my eyes and on my blemishes, I had to spread it on the back of my hand, so as not to contaminate the sponge/product with my eye cream. That's just a personal preference; others may not have a problem with that.

I found that this concealer creased immediately under my eyes and on my eyelid. I had to deftly and diligently work with it to minimize the creasing. Once I did, I set it and liked the coverage, color payoff, and overall look. By the end of the day however, I looked about ten years older due to creasing. On my face, I found it provided excellent coverage over my foundation, but it tends to dry quickly, so you can't really "cook" it for too long. Also, it tends to dry a bit chalky. Oh, and the aforementioned break outs...yes, I developed a nasty rosacea rash, along with some cystic under-the-skin action, after 2-3 weeks of daily use.

Overall, I will not continue to use this and obviously would not repurchase. Even if I didn't break out, the product was just so-so for me. It does have a great color selection, which is a plus; but overall I will stick to IT's Bye Bye Under Eye for my eyes, and Covergirl Invisible concealer for my face. I can buy those two products for just a little more than one tube of the NARS, with way better results.

on 1/24/2015 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I bought this concealer in the shade Honey, & it's simply amazing. I use tons of NARS products, & they seem to not disappoint. The price is definitely worth it, & it's perfect to cover dark spots if you have any, or just under your eyes as I use. So it's definitely one of the best concealers I tried, which I have tried many.

on 1/24/2015 1:02:00 AM

I am going to be a downer and say I'm just not blown away. Yes, it is creamy but it is most definitely not radiant. When it comes to my skin, I want to achieve the most natural, skin like finish. The texture is thick and creamy; thus it just sits on top of the skin no matter how much you blend. It settles into fine lines and creases after 2 hours of application. Deeply disappointed and will not repurchase.

on 1/23/2015 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought this when I visited the US since it's much more expensive in my home country Sweden. I have the shade Vanilla (second lightest). This is a very creamy, pigmented concealer, great for under eye and eyebrow area. It lasts all day so no complaints there. Also works as touch up during the day. It usually creases a bit on me though, which is annoying. I also thought I wouldn't use it up so quickly.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have to admit I had very high hopes for this concealer. It is very pigmented which I like but it creases like crazy even with primer. The colors are slightly too peach/yellow in the fair/light range so I could not fine one that worked.

I need a highly pigmented concealer for dark under eye circles and this just did not work out. It felt dry and cakey after a few hours on my dry skin.

Back to Lancome Effacernes concealer. I wanted to use a cruelty free product but nothing compares to the Lancome concealer.

So back to Sephora the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer goes. Too bad.

on 1/23/2015 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This Nars concealer is one that has been raved about all over the internet. I have the shade Custard, but I would say it is a little too dark for my NC25 skin tone. The product in itself is good, creamy blends beautifully and covers dark circles well. I don't believe its all together that amazing at covering spots, I think a more "waxy" concealer is better for that. But for under the eyes its nice. I would say the formula is akin to MAC Select Moisturecover Concealer but a little thicker in the formulation. But for the price it really isn't groundbreaking in my option. If you want a nice concealer and favour Nars and are feeling spendy, then sure go for it. But there are just as good, if not better concealers out there for the same/similar price (Clarins Instant Concealer) and some that are just as good for 1/4 of the price (Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser). The colour match though is something that women of colour would appreciate because the range goes to quite a deep tone, which is great. It also has a very light tone for those with very pale ivory skin. Would I buy it again? No, I'd prefer to try something else. But i do think its good ( but not groundbreaking).

on 1/19/2015 4:51:00 AM

Love this concealer! I have very dark under eye circles and this covers it completely. Once I put on setting powder, it does not crease at all and blends in with my skin as if I have nothing on!

A little goes a long way so the price is reasonable and last me a long time with daily use. I am finally starting to run out so I took the little stopper thing off the top and found that I have quite a bit left. Definitely buying again after I completely run out.

on 1/19/2015 3:57:00 AM

This is my holy grail concealer. It can cover everything but it can also be build able. I have very pale skin and find it hard to buy products with my exact colour but this works perfectly, I almost don't have to wear foundation! There is nothing wrong with this concealer, it is completely worth the money and does everything you could possibly want it to do. Perfect, Perfect, Perfect!

on 1/17/2015 4:58:00 AM

After reading many hypes about this concealer I wanted to try it. As the name is suggesting it has very creamy formula and medium-full coverage. I liked to use it under my eye area and works well but for my face it is getting cakey. I am not sure if this is beacuse of foundation. Price is as all Nars make up; expensive. Packaging is quite simple and I have no problem with doe foot appplicators. Is it worth for hype; I would say yes. But for the money... I am not quite sure about that.

on 1/16/2015 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have tried just about every concealer at the drugstore for my under eyes. Nothing covers them as well as this does. The closest has definitely been nyx which also comes in great colors btw.
But this one which I have in the 2nd lightest shade which I believe is vanilla is surprisingly thick for a liquid so I can use this by itself on under eye circles AND blemishes.
It is pricey but it lasts a long time and like I said it's awesome to have something that can be used for both under eyes and blemishes.
A note I'd like to add is that this concealer is often compared to maybelline fit me concealer which I also own in the color fair. The colors are very similar although nars is a tad lighter but the biggest difference to me is that the nars is thicker and therefore has better coverage than the fit me. If you have minor circles under the eyes then Maybelline is a good choice but it's pretty light coverage.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Cover FX Natural Finish Foundation & NARS Creamy Concealer - Review and Demonstration by BeautySavers

Top Rated NARS Products