July 22, 2014 | 2263 users online

Concealers - NARS - Radiant Creamy Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 1:32:00 PM More reviews by bitterrose1025

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this concealer. I use it for blemishes. It covers well and stays on pretty much all day. I like that it isn't too creamy that it melts off but it isn't too drying that it looks crusty and gross on the blemish. It's ok for underneath the eyes but I have other concealers I prefer for that area. Overall, it's a good product and I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 10:04:00 PM More reviews by kinamorata

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a few scars from acne on my cheeks and I resemble a panda without concealer. I finally caved and purchased this at a whopping $32 CAD for 0.22oz. I'm NC30 and use Custard (described as "yellow tone for light to medium complexion.")
NARS' description is "a creamy concealer with hydrating, multiaction skincare benefits and light diffusing technology to create a softer, smoother complexion." I'm unsure about the claim of the light diffusing technology but the coverage is almost full.
For application, I pull the wand out once (there is more than enough product for a single usage) and dot it on the scars and swipe it under each eye and then blend away with the Face Shop foundation brush (which is a dupe of the popular Shiseido foundation brush!) I usually set it with Hourglass dim light or Make Up For Ever duo mat and that combination lasts ten plus hours; the eye area does not crease. The only con is the packaging, it's concealer in lip gloss form. I really wish they'd repackage it in either a tube or heck even a jar! This is my HG concealer. One final thing - when I use it on a pimple, I dot a small amount of product on my finger and then on my face. I don't want to contaminate the wand.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2014 11:25:00 AM More reviews by EIGNA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love, love, love this concealer. It is forgiveness in wand form. I am NW15 and use the shade Vanilla and it's a perfect match. This concealer covers well without looking noticeable or highlighting the area you are trying to conceal. Doesn't get cakey or patchy. Stays fresh all day. I only use this on spots or ruddy areas, so I cannot comment on how it performs on undereye circles. I will repurchase this as long as NARS makes it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2014 11:04:00 AM More reviews by Anera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I haven't had high expectations for this concealer. I haven't had 'luck' with raved products: they either don't work on my skin (tone/type) or they don't end being unique as the reviewers claim them to be.

I am an MUFE 117, BB 02, MAC NC15, Bourjois 51, and I ordered the second lightest shade (Vanile), based on online swatches.

The color matches me perfectly. It's slightly lighter than my skintone, making the eye area slightly highlighted, brightened. I use it on my dark circles. The concealer provides medium coverage: the circles aren't diminished, they're still there, but the purplish-ness is less noticeable, making the whole effect really natural.
It doesn't dry out my skin: I prep my skin using an eye cream (FYI Avene) after which I apply 1-2 dots per eye. The good thing about this concealer is that it doesn't settle in my fine lines (mimic, dehydrated) and lasts whole day (8+ hrs). It sets pretty fast, once applied, so one should work fast with it. I do set it with a translucent powder (MUFE, theBalm) although it dries dry-to-touch.

I would definitely recommend it to those who are having hard time finding a good under eye concealer that doesn't settle into fine lines, doesn't dry out the eye area and has good longevity. I will be repurchasing it - for ever.

The product is:
- non drying
- crease resistant
- long lasting
- brightening
- creamy
- color correcting
- settles dry-to-touch

I would never invest in Bobbi Brown's corrector/concealer duo, though I almost bought it (the price was a great deal breaker). There's no NARS where I live, but I order it over a friend who traveled to US. I've tested the BB concealer duo: it creased really fast, and costs a fortune ($40)!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2014 9:48:00 PM More reviews by Nataliegsno

Super disappointed by this concealer. I've seen a lot of positive reviews for this so I was expecting to love it. I first tried this under my eyes and set it the way I always set my undereye concealer and it creased and settled into fine lines like nothing I've ever experienced before. It made the lines under my eyes look so much worse and it didn't completely cover my dark circles. I then tried it on my face to cover my acne scarring and again it didn't cover those either. Considering it doesn't conceal well and is $30 I'm gonna return it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 12:03:00 AM More reviews by dolceviiita

I've been using this for several weeks now and have to say I've gotten from HATING it to LOVING it. I first hated this concealer because like some people say, it does look a little cakey under the eyes but what really made me dislike this concealer was because it seemed to settle into my fine lines even though I would set it with my Laura Mercier translucent powder right away. I thought for the first week that this concealer was a waste of money, but I was determined to make it work because the color match (Custard) was right on for my NC20 skin. After another week of experimenting, I have found the one product that helps this look smooth and actually last! MAC's Fast Response eye cream! One little dot of it under each eye, smoothed out and then two little dots of concealer, and TA-DAH! No caked under eyes. Smooth appearance, and full coverage of my heavy dark circles! Oh and might I add, doing the same trick to my hyperpigmentation spots really helps too! My boyfriend thought I had a facial or got laser to remove the hyperpigmentation because of this little trick! I don't even need to wear foundation :) I will definitely be keeping up with this extra step in applying this concealer because this definitely has helped me LOVE this product!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2014 11:52:00 PM More reviews by SB213

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Dry dry dry. I don't even have fine lines under my eyes and this concealer somehow makes them appear. Tried eye creams, oils, serums, fix plus, setting sprays, powder, no powder. Just looks so dry and creased every time. Will not repurchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2014 10:40:00 AM More reviews by Andrea400

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow! *does cartwheels* This is the most amazing product for the face that I have found in my ten years on MUA. My dark circles are the biggest beauty issue I have. I cannot leave the house without concealer if I don't want to scare people. And since joining MUA I have had three kids and they ALL have inherited my dark circles. They were born with them.

Anyway, back to the product. It's perfect. I apply it under the eyes and it applies easily, blends easily and stays put the entire day without any touch ups needed and no creasing at all. For me it actually looked better as the day went on-sinking into the skin even more and looking like naturally smooth and bright skin instead of a concealed eye. For anyone who says this product is dry, they must have received a bad batch because it is unbelievably creamy and silky but not greasy like some other creamy concealers.

I was using Bobbi Brown for years before this and I didn't think I would ever find something better. Not because I liked hers so much( did not apply well or blend well for me but the color match and coverage were good) but I could not find any other concealer that could cover my horrible dark circles.

I do not have blemishes or acne scars so I can't speak to the coverage on those but for dark circles this concealer is just amazing and beautiful!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2014 9:17:00 PM More reviews by Mosie36

I bought this product for the purpose if using it under my eyes. I was very sad to find out that it does not sit well under my eyes all. It cakes and settles info fine lines. I have tried setting it with powder and not setting it and if does not matter. For as expensive as if is, definitely a disappointment.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2014 9:11:00 AM More reviews by Parisa909

I fancied a concealer change from my Double Wear concealer and gave into all the hype regarding NARS's creamy concealer. I found my perfect NC20-25 match in the shade 'Custard', which is incredibly similar to my Double Wear 'Light Medium' shade, but a touch more yellow. The pigmentation is just outstanding and the formula is smooth and spreadable, whereas my Double Wear concealer is also very pigmented but thicker to work with. I use the concealer under my eyes, around my nose and wherever else I need concealing. Under my eyes it covers up my dark circles very well, but I have to say my dark circles aren't severe... yet. I'm in two minds as to whether it's actually better than my Double Wear concealer. Both have terrific pigmentation, they both last all day long and both of them do not budge once applied and set with my Ben Nye 'Banana Powder'. So, whilst it is a phenomenal concealer, it's just as good as my Double Wear one.