November 27, 2014 | 1555 users online

Pressed Powders - Essence - All About Matt Fixing Compact Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2013 6:19:00 PM More reviews by StrawberryDuck

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Keeps me shine free for the whole day! I tend to get oily every hour but this keeps me from getting shiny. I wear it on top of my MAC powder foundation in the summer and on top of my Wet 'n' Wild Coverall Cream Foundation in the winter. It's hard to find it where I live because it has not come here yet or they ran out. I've hit pan on my first one, but good thing I bought a second.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2013 9:08:00 AM More reviews by BayRidge

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

An absolutely fabulous product. I won't even say for the price, because its a great product all around. But for US$3.99? Its amazing. Better than my 100% pure silica spheres, dare I say better than Clarins Ever Matte? It tones down the shine from my tinted SS and better yet, keeps the shine down for a good 6-8 hours. A light top up late afternoon doesn't cake or look unnaturally matte. I think its a dupe for Mac Blot (which I've never used) but am so happy to have found a pressed powder that works as well as this one does to reduce shine and look natural. Thank you Essence!

Ingredients::
Talc, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Saphire Powder, Aqua (Water), Magnesium Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2013 10:12:00 AM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I'm not a foundation user, I'm more of a BB cream/TM gal. I use this stuff on it's own, or over BB cream/TM, to give me a matt complexion. Works perfect! And that for a measly 3 euro's! Highly recommended!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2013 10:15:00 PM More reviews by PianoGirl1985

This is a great product ladies!
I have been waiting to purchase this and finally got my hands on it today and I even talked my friend into buying it too, even though she is more of a high-end makeup gal. She was looking to buy a translucent powder and almost bought one from NARS and good thing I stopped her because the NARS one was over $30 (ridiculous if you may ask me).

This compact is quite big and I prefer it in a pressed powder form. It is definitely white, but appears colorless on the face. I have used two high-end products like it before that I still have in my collection: the infamous MUFE HD powder and Laura Mercier brightening powder, which I do like but will never repurchase again because of the price.
This Essence one is so cheap ($3.99!) and works JUST as well if not better. I am not kidding you. After being outside the whole day and walking through the rain my makeup looked pretty "beat up." I was about to go out on a date with my husband and had no time to reapply my makeup. A few swipes of this powder made my face completely matte and flawless.
Save yourselves some money ladies and grab this product while you can!

**UPDATE** OK, so I did give this product a glowing review, but I had to take off a lippie due to the staying power. It still makes my face flawless and matte, but if you live in a place where temperature is over 80 and up and constant sun shine, this will not prevent your face from getting oily. I still got oily after 4 hours of wearing it..

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2013 10:18:00 AM More reviews by gabby1765

I decided to try this. I dont hate it but i dont love it, for a very small price i sed why not. I apply it after my foundation, my skin is very red around the nose and cheek area. It didnt help, i found that when i put it on it would wipe my foundation a bit off and show the redness. Maybe its my foundation that isnt good idk. But in the areas i didnt have redness it looked great.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2013 3:42:00 PM More reviews by icarle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was impressed by the finish of the powder: it sets the makeup really nicely. However I hate to say it but it broke me out terribly. After three days of use I had acne all over my forehead and jawline...I was very sad because the powder is very good for what it does, but my skin doesn't want it.
But if you're not prone to breakouts, then you can go ahead!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by dw018

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I apply this product over my liquid foundation just to set it, I LOVE IT. The price is so cheap, so you don't expect too much from it ($3.99 at Shoppers Drug Mart). I choose this product over my Mac Mineral Skin finish Natural all the time and that was my favorite powder for so long. I use a pur mineral powder brush to apply it and I love that I don't feel sticky or anything after hours. I don't have to reapply this product through out the day and its amazing that I don't get shiny at the end of the night.
The size of the packaging is also a plus for me. Its small and sturdy so I can keep it in my makeup bag at work. The clasp on it is also amazing and doesn't feel like it it will break.
I'm truly amazed by almost all the Essence products that I have tried though!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2013 3:23:00 AM More reviews by onegoodcat

O.M.G. this stuff is superior! I apply it over my foundation with a powder brush. It's the best thing to apply it with. My makeup did not need touching up all day! Wow! The only thing I used during the day was E.L.F.'s mist spray. And like another reviewer said, any shine that developed later on just appeared dewy and it was after several hours. My skin looked flawless. I was previously using Neutrogena's powder, which was good. This one is better though. My skin looked great all day, which is a miracle because I have very oily spots and dry spots that make my powder look caky, and even worse when I touch up. Seriously, I am so glad I found this. It is cheap and is the best powder I ever used. Yes, even better than MAC (horrible on my skin), Origins, Shiseido...I love love love this powder. I couldn't stop looking in the mirror. It even kept my eyeshadow from creasing.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by catnip777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the first time I've used a mattifying powder to set my makeup. I got this for $3.99 from Ulta. I wasn't expecting much from it, but it works really well in my opinion for what I paid for it. I may 'upgrade' in the future to a HE powder, but this works well for now. It doesn't last all day, but it does the job and would recommend this, especially if you're on a budget.

EDIT: 7/14: I've decided to give this powder a full 5 stars. It works perfectly on my oily skin and I don't see any reason to "upgrade". It doesn't have a sponge with it, but for me that is fine since I use a powder brush anyway. For $3.99 US- this is a wonderful quality product!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2013 8:39:00 AM More reviews by FairlyVanilla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I normally use the HD Powder from e.l.f. which works awesome, but the loose powder is kind of a PITA, especially when I'm travelling. It unsurprisingly ends up going all over the place if I take it on a trip, and the package is bulky and large. :\ So, I was VERY glad to see Essence come out with a very similar product, but in a light, slim package that is MESS-FREE! Awesome! Works great, definitely sets makeup nicely and keeps things shine-free but not overly matte. Highly recommended! I love that Essence is finally releasing many new products in Canada -- keep it up -- I really love this high quality low cost line! ^_^

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No