September 21, 2014 | 2080 users online

Pressed Powders - Essence - All About Matt Fixing Compact Powder

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2013 3:42:00 PM More reviews by icarle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was impressed by the finish of the powder: it sets the makeup really nicely. However I hate to say it but it broke me out terribly. After three days of use I had acne all over my forehead and jawline...I was very sad because the powder is very good for what it does, but my skin doesn't want it.
But if you're not prone to breakouts, then you can go ahead!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by dw018

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I apply this product over my liquid foundation just to set it, I LOVE IT. The price is so cheap, so you don't expect too much from it ($3.99 at Shoppers Drug Mart). I choose this product over my Mac Mineral Skin finish Natural all the time and that was my favorite powder for so long. I use a pur mineral powder brush to apply it and I love that I don't feel sticky or anything after hours. I don't have to reapply this product through out the day and its amazing that I don't get shiny at the end of the night.
The size of the packaging is also a plus for me. Its small and sturdy so I can keep it in my makeup bag at work. The clasp on it is also amazing and doesn't feel like it it will break.
I'm truly amazed by almost all the Essence products that I have tried though!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2013 3:23:00 AM More reviews by onegoodcat

O.M.G. this stuff is superior! I apply it over my foundation with a powder brush. It's the best thing to apply it with. My makeup did not need touching up all day! Wow! The only thing I used during the day was E.L.F.'s mist spray. And like another reviewer said, any shine that developed later on just appeared dewy and it was after several hours. My skin looked flawless. I was previously using Neutrogena's powder, which was good. This one is better though. My skin looked great all day, which is a miracle because I have very oily spots and dry spots that make my powder look caky, and even worse when I touch up. Seriously, I am so glad I found this. It is cheap and is the best powder I ever used. Yes, even better than MAC (horrible on my skin), Origins, Shiseido...I love love love this powder. I couldn't stop looking in the mirror. It even kept my eyeshadow from creasing.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by catnip777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the first time I've used a mattifying powder to set my makeup. I got this for $3.99 from Ulta. I wasn't expecting much from it, but it works really well in my opinion for what I paid for it. I may 'upgrade' in the future to a HE powder, but this works well for now. It doesn't last all day, but it does the job and would recommend this, especially if you're on a budget.

EDIT: 7/14: I've decided to give this powder a full 5 stars. It works perfectly on my oily skin and I don't see any reason to "upgrade". It doesn't have a sponge with it, but for me that is fine since I use a powder brush anyway. For $3.99 US- this is a wonderful quality product!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2013 8:39:00 AM More reviews by FairlyVanilla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I normally use the HD Powder from e.l.f. which works awesome, but the loose powder is kind of a PITA, especially when I'm travelling. It unsurprisingly ends up going all over the place if I take it on a trip, and the package is bulky and large. :\ So, I was VERY glad to see Essence come out with a very similar product, but in a light, slim package that is MESS-FREE! Awesome! Works great, definitely sets makeup nicely and keeps things shine-free but not overly matte. Highly recommended! I love that Essence is finally releasing many new products in Canada -- keep it up -- I really love this high quality low cost line! ^_^

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2013 10:56:00 PM More reviews by Iammelody

I will be re purchasing this over and over again..
I been using this recently to set my foundation, and it keeps me shiny free for my entire work day ( I work in a restaurant and do deliveries, so I'm active all day long). The most shine that breaks through just appears dewy, and only after a good 9 hours. My foundation underneath won't budge. In the past I've used Mac blot, Too faced, mufe HD, straight up silica, and nothing has come close to the strength of this $4 powder. Essence is really proving to be consistent in the quality of their products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2013 7:58:00 PM More reviews by wendycoco

I purchased this at shoppers drugmart for $3.99. I use this after all my makeup is done I apply using my ELF large powder brush (Canadians you can usually purchase ELF brushes at Dollarama for between $1 and $2 depending on brush) Once makeup is done I sweep this over my face I find it sets my makeup and sort of tones my makeup down if that makes sence? I wish it was sold here in a loose powder but unfortuntly it is not. I have not tried applying this with a sponge or puff so I can't say wether or not you would get a white cast on your face but with a big fluffy brush you do not. Oil stayed away all day and make looked flawless all day as well. Only complaints is that the packaging seems very breakable and there's alot of fall out. But for it's price I guess who really cares. Another great product from essence.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 1:57:00 PM More reviews by KyliePlunkett

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This pressed powder comes in a clear medium sized compact and I must say for $3.99 (CAN) it's more then worth it! Perfect for traveling, I am always worried about my pressed powders breaking in my purse and having to throw away 20 bucks or more of a pressed powder. So the price alone is reason enough to try it. It goes on very nice with a fluffy brush. No white face after applying amd its a nice translucent finish. I always wear full coverage foundation,( right now I am in love with the Kat Von D Lock It in light 44) so I only like to set with a translucent powder to avoid cakeing my face. This works great and helps keep my face a little more Matte. I have very oily skin so it never takes long to get a dewy look and feel, this little baby helps keep that oil away throughout the day! I like how this powder makes my foundation feel complete after applying. Will be buying again!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No