Nizoral AD Shampoo

4.4

Active Ingredients: Contains: Ketoconazole (1 %) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate, Glycol Distearate, Acrylic Acid Polymer (Carbomer 1342), Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylated Hydroxytoluene, Quaternium 15, Polyquaternium 7, Sodium Hydroxide, Hydrochloric Acid, FD&C Blue 1 6/14/09

on 8/6/2009 3:37:00 AM

AWESOME product. I had a rash on my back-- my doc said it was most likely ringworm that I could have picked up at the gym, exacerbated by sweating and humidity (I sweat like crazy in heat & humidity). she recommended I try Lamasil on it... which only had a very mild benefit. I also tried coal tar, salicylic acid, tea tree oil stuff, eucalyptus oil, even clear nail polish... you name it. Nothing even came close to getting rid of it, and I went around for months with this, ugh. (in the end, turned out it was Tinea versicolor, which is caused by yeast)

Then I read about ketoconazole, as I was browsing wikipedia for more stuff to try on my poor skin. Got the OTC (1%) shampoo, and within ONE DAY, it went away. now I just use it as a body wash couple times of a week and it works like a charm!

Then, my sister also had a strange rash near her hairline, which turned out to be Seborrhoeic dermatitis (type of eczema). She'd been using a tea tree shampoo to try to control it, with no luck. Once again, Nizoral to the rescue and it went away after ONE USE!

As for dandruff, I had my dad try it and he says it's better than the Selsun Blue he'd been using for years. So looks like this is a winner all around! :D

Overall, really impressed with how well and how rapidly this works. Couldn't be happier!

on 7/27/2009 10:22:00 PM

I use this product everytime I get dandruff and this stuff really works. Enough said.

on 6/22/2009 9:12:00 AM

It works...
It thickens your hair ....
It makes it grow but....
.... makes it like straw.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I used to have a single flaky patch on my scalp, and I have to conclude that it wasn't fungal, because Nizoral somehow made it really, really bad. I much prefer a little itching and slight flaking to what happened after I used this, which I will spare you the description of. Part of the problem is that my hair is oily, so I have to use another shampoo before the Nizoral for it to get to my scalp at all - of course, after that my hair is fried no matter what moisturizing or gentle shampoo I use beforehand. The clean scent isn't bad, the hot pink dye gets hot pink blotches everywhere, and I hate the tiny, inconvenient bottle. What did clear up my scalp was Aussie Cleanse & Mend shampoo.

on 4/13/2009 5:11:00 PM

Like other reviewers here, I've struggled with flakes most of my adult life. No shampoo has ever really helped, so I gave up on fixing the problem long ago. Recently the flaking got worse and I was desperate, so I shelled out the $20 for a bottle of Nizoral based on reviews I saw here. Amazingly, it worked! After just two washes my scalp was so much happier and I've been able to maintain it with about one Nizoral wash per month. The $20 bottle should last a long time at this rate and even if it didn't, it is SO worth it!

on 3/17/2009 10:59:00 AM

This is a miracle in a bottle. I can't believe it took me so long to find something that worked! My pregnancy brought flakes with it, and they stayed after the baby was born -- the baby is now TWO and I'm still battling flakes. After trying Head & Shoulders, tea tree oil, TTO shampoo, baking soda, apple cidar vinegar, olive oil treatments, you name it -- THIS is the cure. After only a week I am flake free.

It is drying, but it works so I don't care. I coat my hair with conditioner from the ears down and lather the Nizoral on only my scalp. Let it sit for a few minutes, then rinse, then condition. Voila -- no flakes. I will never be without this again!

on 3/13/2009 5:44:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

God Send! I never knew what it was like to have a normal scalp.. to not even think about it once during the day. I've always had scalp issues in one form or another, but Nizoral has completely saved my head. No more itchies, no more anything! Just skin and follicles and hair.. normal! Only problems I have with it is it can dry out the hair after a while and it's hard to spread without using too much. Well worth it though. Aaaw, I love you normal scalp xo

on 12/18/2008 12:48:00 PM

About 5 years ago at 25, I started to loose my hair. I was in school and it was triggered by stress. A girl in one of my classes who was also loosing her hair said her dermatologist recommended an anti-dandruff shampoo for her hair loss and she said she found it to work. Not one to miss a beat, I went home and grabbed my Dad's Nizoral and I am not kidding you, within 3 days I went from hair falling out in clumps (50+) in the shower, to virtually 0!!!! I started Rogaine and within a few months my hair was back and all was well. Here I am at 30 now, and once again my hair is beginning to thin. Sure enough, I started using Nizoral again and within 3 days, my hair loss has almost completely stopped. When my tub hasn't been cleaned in 5 days and I look over at it and there is literally NO hair in or around it, I am a very happy and satisfied customer. Now I know this shampoo was originally intended for dandruff, but I cannot rave enough about how much it has slowed down my hair loss!!!!! Now if it would only grow back...off to get women's Rogaine...

on 12/15/2008 11:06:00 PM

Worked really well for me.

on 12/5/2008 12:32:00 PM

I have a very small but stubborn spot of sebborheic dermatitis on my scalp. I used Dercos, cut out SLS, tried natural remedies, and this is the only thing that helped. I got it for $10 at CVS. The size isn't a problem as I only use a dime size amount for that one spot. It has cut down on itching and flaking. It hasn't completely eliminated it though. If I don't use it continuously it will come back. But for now this the best thing I have found. If it did get rid of my sd permanently I would give it a 5/5.

Popular Shampoos