September 16, 2014 | 2078 users online

Lip Gloss - NYX - Butter Gloss

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by hlovespearl

This is by far the best Lip gloss I have ever tried. Period. I have two shades (Apple Strudel, and Vanilla Cream Pie) They have so much pigment but don't look caked on your lips at all! (I hate when glosses do that!) they absorb beautifully into your lips and are very glossy! They are also not drying at all!!! They are so affordable and I absolutely love the packaging! It is compact but still soooo adorable!! I seriously want every shade ever made of these because they are just so perfect!!!! FANTASTIC job NYX!! If you have not tried these you need to!!! Like ASAP!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by BudgetDiva

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have at long last discovered the holy grail of affordable and high-performing lip glosses and it's definitely anything but a high-end price.

I have 3 of these now and each one is amazing. "Butter gloss" is a perfect description for this product.

It's amazingly pigmented and the ones I have have absolutely no glitter or sparkle too them. The Cherry Pie, Eclair, and Apple Strudel are just beautiful and look amazing on the lips. Lots of color, no sparkle = WIN.

The color lasts pretty well, if I'm not eating, only requiring a retouch every 3-4 hours or so.

I hope NYX doesn't discontinue these but, just in case they ever do, I'm stocking up now.

Great product...And at the price you can't go wrong trying at least 1 of them out!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2014 9:33:00 PM More reviews by mauraezg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The best lipglosses I have used in a long, long time. The consistency is perfect--creamy and not sticky. And the color is the perfect mix of bright color but creamy, not simply clear/see thru. I bought this in 5 different shades this weekend and all colors happen to look good on me (would choose which one to use based on my outfit--ex. Today i wore a navy & white dress so i used Eclair, sort of a soft petal purple. If i were to wear a bright color, id go with Peaches and Cream or Apple Streudel).

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2014 12:01:00 AM More reviews by misspearl10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I can really see why this is called butter gloss. When you apply it, it is really smooth. I have this in the color Éclair. The color is sheer, but still quite noticeable. And it is pretty glossy. This looks absolutely amazing when first applied. But after an hour or so it starts to get sticky and tacky and needs to be reapplied. This also smells really good, like a vanilla-ish type scent. Because of its lasting power I would not buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2014 8:09:00 PM More reviews by patience09

I absolutely love the NYX Butter Gloss range, I have 5 colours from the range and i will definetly get more. At the moment of have 5 shades, Peach Cobler, Apple Strudel, Tiramisu, Creme Brulee and Merengue. First of all they smell absolutely amazing, so sweet and yummy but not overpowering or sickly in anyway. They go on easily and have a great colour payoff they also feel amazing on the lips and are not sticky at all. The only reason they dont get 5 stars is because they really don't last that long but they are very affordable so that doesn't bother me too much. My favourite shade is Apple Strudel followed closely by Creme Brulee and Tiramisu. Peach Cobler and Merengue are still really nice shades, they just don't suit me aswell.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2014 2:40:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I like this lip gloss. It goes on very silky (as its name indicates) and only starts to feel sticky after most of it has worn off. I did not find this to be drying or irritating. I am also very happy that this did not smell like mint (why do all lip glosses smell like mint?!) I got the color Apple Strudel, which looks much brighter in the tube. It translates to a very light pinky coral on the lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2014 9:07:00 AM More reviews by carinnemj

Received one of these in Creme Brulee in my June Ipsy bag and it's my favorite item this month. The shade is a sheer coral-nude without shimmer (perfect for summer) and the scent is rich caramel. It applies smoothly and lasts as long as most glosses. I like it best with beachy waves and just a bit of bronzer on the cheeks. Now I want to explore other colors!

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2014 1:02:00 AM More reviews by EmRose6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Another fabulous product from NYX! I'm not a huge lipgloss gal, but I saw this display in Target and had been reading up on NYX products. I originally went in looking for "Maple Blondie" (deep peach) but could not find it so I went with "Apple Strudel" (peach) instead. The color looked really bright and scary in the tube but when applied it gives the nicest pop of hot pink/peachy color - it's so nice on tan skin. It's pigmented but not overly so - although when I first apply it I always have to be careful because if I don't rub my lips all the way together lines show up. I'm also the type to ALWAYS apply a balm underneath any lip product and these glosses feel nice and smooth and last a decent amount of time. The sweet (but subtle) vanilla smell is also nice too. Can't wait to try out more colors - the price can't be beat!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2014 7:19:00 AM More reviews by Vandie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this gloss! It's comfortable, comes in a ton of pretty creamy shades (none that I know of with shimmer), and colors like Strawberry Parfait (a punchy cool-toned raspberry) and Creme Brulee (a gorgeous pinky-nude) are my favorites. They are so versatile and look great alone, or topped over lipsticks in their respective color families. I have to say, it seems that the brighter you go in color, the more they might streak a little and may take a little more patience to smooth out, but I love them anyway. Great color selection, smooth, comfortable, creamy feel, and not heavy-feeling or tacky. Ulta frequently has sales on NYX, so taking advantage of a good sale on these will turn an already great product purchase into a better one! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2014 11:02:00 AM More reviews by swimmingpretty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

Nailed it NYX! These are very similar to the MAC cremesheens or at least the old formula of the Revlon superlustrous glosses but don't cost as much and have a subtle smell of baked goods. They are glosses so they do not last long but are pigmented and shiny enough that I don't feel the need to put layers of it on. I now have five colours; Tiramisu, strawberry parfait, raspberry tart, gingersnap and peach cobbler. I love them all they make my large lips look very smooth.