NYX Butter Gloss

4.5

Mineral Oil, Polybutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax, Ceresin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Polyethylene, Sorbitan, Sesquioleate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragran May contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), D&C Red 6 Na Salt (CI 15850), D&C Red 7 Ca Lake (CI 15850), D&C Red 28 Al Lake (CI 45410), FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake (CI 15985:1), FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake (CI 19140:1).

on 12/14/2014 7:12:00 PM

This product didn't impress me much. It was a little dry and gooey. The texture really turned me off. The color itself is nice but it doesn't make the lips look too good, especially right after it is applied.

on 12/8/2014 10:51:00 PM

I'm not a lip gloss person but I LOVE these. They look really smooth on your lips and their not sticky. My favorite colors are Tiramisu, Creme Brûlée, apple strudel, and vanilla cream pie!!!! Their affordable and even moisturizing :)

on 12/1/2014 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I could have sworn I wrote a review on this.

If any of you are missing the beloved original Revlon Super Lustrous glosses that got discontinued, then reformulated with some glittery crap - here is your replacement.

I own all of the shades. For reference I am NC10, green eyed, blonde. My favorite shades include: Eclair, Fortune Cookie, & Meringue.

Eclair - blue toned light baby pink.
Fortune cookie - light warm peach.
Meringue - pastel lilac.

Eclair & Meringue aren't necessarily perfect suitors for my yellow toned skin as they are cool toned. However I find they brighten & perk up my face. Fortune Cookie is a great nude color for pale girls that are prone to having light nudes pull a peanut butter shade. I actually avoided it for a while, assuming it'd be like the rest (peanut butter brown) OR it would wash me out. But it doesn't. Fortune Cookie is honestly a light warm peachy shade.

Now about the rest that stick out in my mind...

Creme Brulee is a very popular shade, but it is too brown toned for me. If you are NC15 or darker, it'll probably work for you as a light nudey peach color.

Apple Strudel is a medium neon coral. It's too bright on my skintone.

Vanilla Cream Pie is a cool toned, medium pink. I actually really like this one, but alas, it is too dark for it to look natural on my coloring.

Maple Blondie is a neutral peachy pink. Once again, too bright on my skintone.

Tiramisu used to be one of my favorites, but I now look back at those pictures with embarrassment. A NC10 girl has no business wearing a medium brown lip gloss.

I really hope NYX continues to launch more shades in this line as I really love these glosses. It was not the shades that won me over, although I am impressed with the selection. The formula is what made these holy-grail status for me. NONE of the shades contain shimmer or glitter that a lot of make up companies are ruining their products with these days (shimmer dries me out). The texture is not too slick, nor too sticky. The pigmentation is wonderful, and most of all - these glosses moisturize my lips. All day.

on 11/30/2014 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

A really nice color, great in texture (non sticky) and makes your lips feel heavenly soft BUT (and it's big caveat), doesn't last at all. My chapstick lasts longer. The gloss lasts about an hour at most and only if you don't drink or eat anything.

It's too bad - love the formula, the beautiful color and the packaging. It also has the perfect shine - not too shiny but glossy enough that your lips look just a bit plumper.

on 11/24/2014 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

This gloss is great in that it has a lot of shine and it doesn't feel sticky. However, the color doesn't show up that well on dark skin. I wear it over my lipstick to give it an extra pop. I said "no" to buying the product again if it ran out but honestly it's a maybe for me. I tend to buy stuff that's on sale just to try it out. This one is ok! I would buy it again if it was on sale but if it's not, I would try something else. :)

on 11/22/2014 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Best glosses I've ever worn!! HG right here. They aren't crazy sticky and they even smell good! If you haven't bought one, what are you waiting for? Go for it, you won't regret it.

on 11/20/2014 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

HG lip gloss. I've never been a lip gloss lover but this is everything it says it is, a buttery, pigmented gloss! It's not sticky, i dont find my hair being stuck to my mouth, the colour Creme Brule is my all time favourtie nude colour, i can wear this alone and get a gorgeous strong lip that lasts. I also love to pair this with my MAC lip stick in Creme Cup, the two look gorgeous together. I'm so impressed with these lip glosses, like i said the colours in these are crazy, soooo pigmented. Silk on the lips! Beyond impressed.

on 11/18/2014 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Number one gloss for any woman over age 20. Seriously. Pigmented smooth and great colors

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Great line of glosses. Opaque coverage and comfortabke on the lips. And they smell amazing!

on 11/18/2014 2:37:00 AM

Love this lipgloss!! I bought it in Vanilla Cream Pie and its a gorgeous bright pink colour, perfect for spring or summer. This gloss smells amazing, the colour is great and leaves your lips with a nice tint and quite soft when it wears off.
Can't wait to buy some more colours!!! The only con would be that there doesn't seem to be heaps in the bottle but for the price it's not a biggie :)

Video Reviews & Tutorials