April 18, 2014 | 1928 users online

Lip Gloss - NYX - Butter Gloss

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2013 10:27:00 AM More reviews by GreatReviews

FAVOURITE LIP GLOSSES EVER!!! I bought the trio set which have Merengue, Creme Brûlée and Apple Strudel. They're all awesome, especially if you're a nude lover like me. ;) I absolutely love applying them over my nude lipsticks. I used to dislike glosses, but WOW do they make your lips look amazing! :) Amazing pigmentation for a gloss too!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2013 5:21:00 PM More reviews by babyblue59

I absolutely love my NYX Butter Glosses. I have creme brûlée, eclair, and Apple strudel and they are all gorgeous colors. These glosses smell amazing, are buttery on the lips, and give the perfect amount of color. They are also very moisturizing. The only reason I have these 4 out of 5 is because sometimes these can be a little blotchy on the lips if your lips are dry and they can be hard to layer over lipstick. Other than that I love these!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2013 2:54:00 PM More reviews by KatWKSF

I was so disappointed with these. I literally just received the shipment 20 minutes ago from FedEx, ordered from NYX online. I ordered about a dozen different products from NYX, based upon reviews I read here, on their great pricing, and on the fact they are cruelty-free. The products I was most eager to try were the butter glosses. I have dry lips and the thought of a rich, moisturizing gloss is appealing. Add to that an "O" Award from Oprah & the idea of the gloss smelling so good, and needless to say, I was quite excited. I ordered the Peaches & Cream color and Cherry Pie. I would venture to say that these colors are nearly unwearable. They literally match the bright plastic containers that house them. Literally. Cherry Pie is bright plastic red and Peaches and Cream is 80's fluorescent pink. Um, where's the peach?? The Cherry Pie has no undertones (like blue) to make it wearable and there's nothing "peach" about peaches & cream. I put the Peaches & Cream on and tried to blend it in a bit to soften the color, and then put as little of the Cherry Pie over the top, hoping the pink of the Peaches & Cream might soften up the red a bit. The product is so thick though, it really wouldn't blend. I ate a small handful of mini twist pretzels and the color is completely gone. That's fine with me. It looked awful. And there was no great fragrance either. I really hope I am not as disappointed with the rest of what I bought.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/18/2013 1:36:00 PM More reviews by Lisalisa29

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I heard raves about the butter gloss. The colors are all amazing and beautiful. However, for me, it burned my lips and dried them so bad. I must be allergic to something in it. I'm disappointed.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2013 6:37:00 AM More reviews by rachelk94

This is currently my go to lipgloss it smells divine, the formula is the perfect consistency to provide enough colour. It doesnt settle or ever get sticky or look untidy. I really like this lipgloss but I dont think its amazing. I honestly wasn't blown away by it, the lasting power is minimal. Slides off straight away which I see as a bit of a waste even if the price is really cheap. I do like these but i wouldn't repurchase for this reason.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2013 11:41:00 PM More reviews by carebear48

I have these glosses in 3 shades: Creme Brulee, which is a light neutral pink, Maple Blondie, a warm, bright pinky-coral, and Merengue, which is a cool lilac pink. I purchased them from Ulta for about 5 bucks each. I love these because they are such cheap thrills, and come in a good range of colors. I think everyone would be able to find a color they'd be comfortable wearing. The scent on these glosses are sweet and sugary, sort of like a cookie. I don't find the scent too strong or over-powering, and it does not linger. From the shades that I have, they all seem to have a medium-buildable coverage on the lips, and they don't sink into the lines in my lips either. They don't feel too heavy or uncomfortable either. The packaging is adorable, with the cap matching the color of the product. The only thing that may bother some people is that they do not last very long, but this doesn't bother me that much, and I don't mind reapplying. I highly suggest you try a shade (or two) out!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2013 1:22:00 AM More reviews by KeIIsBells

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this product. It smells like candy and glides on like a dream. It's not expensive at all! Stain power isn't the best, but I couldn't imagine that being a problem since I love reapplying it with the delicious smell.

I'd love to purchase other shades.
Formula is an A+ for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by inthemindsofangels

Everyone has in mind their ideal lip gloss formula. Slick, shiny, pigmented, and a little moisturizing. This is my holy grail lippie and one of my staples in my every day makeup. I have the shades Maple Blondie and Tiramisu; TIramisu is a pinkie-nude really great for an everyday look (think MAC Blankety in lipgloss form), and Maple Blondie is a peachy coral pink.

The packaging is a small round cylinder with a wand applicator; I don't know how well the stopper in the mouth works because you'll always come up with a little more gloss than you want. But the pigmentation is great, not so pigmented that you look fake, but not completely sheer either. There is absolutely no smell at all with this, which is good news if you're sensitive to that sort of thing. They only run for maybe $3.99 at Ulta or Target and are a pretty fantastic buy.

My only regret is that I seem to have misplaced my Tiramisu.
Ugh.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2013 8:25:00 AM More reviews by melisaRN816

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

smells great, feels smooth, long lasting pigment, and you can build it up or blot it down. I have it in Amsterdam. I'll be buying more!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 4:13:00 AM More reviews by Blondebeauty2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a bargain! I love the Nyx line & really can't say enough good things about them! This is my favorite Nyx gloss. It's very smooth & buttery, not sticky or tacky at all. They also have great pigmentation and have a decent lasting power. They're a steal when they're on sale at Ulta! I just finally purchased the entire line because they were 40% off..that's amazing! Creme brulee & Morengue are my faves! I will always repurchase!!