August 22, 2014 | 1756 users online

Lip Gloss - NYX - Butter Gloss

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2014 12:01:00 AM More reviews by misspearl10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I can really see why this is called butter gloss. When you apply it, it is really smooth. I have this in the color Éclair. The color is sheer, but still quite noticeable. And it is pretty glossy. This looks absolutely amazing when first applied. But after an hour or so it starts to get sticky and tacky and needs to be reapplied. This also smells really good, like a vanilla-ish type scent. Because of its lasting power I would not buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2014 8:09:00 PM More reviews by patience09

I absolutely love the NYX Butter Gloss range, I have 5 colours from the range and i will definetly get more. At the moment of have 5 shades, Peach Cobler, Apple Strudel, Tiramisu, Creme Brulee and Merengue. First of all they smell absolutely amazing, so sweet and yummy but not overpowering or sickly in anyway. They go on easily and have a great colour payoff they also feel amazing on the lips and are not sticky at all. The only reason they dont get 5 stars is because they really don't last that long but they are very affordable so that doesn't bother me too much. My favourite shade is Apple Strudel followed closely by Creme Brulee and Tiramisu. Peach Cobler and Merengue are still really nice shades, they just don't suit me aswell.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2014 2:40:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I like this lip gloss. It goes on very silky (as its name indicates) and only starts to feel sticky after most of it has worn off. I did not find this to be drying or irritating. I am also very happy that this did not smell like mint (why do all lip glosses smell like mint?!) I got the color Apple Strudel, which looks much brighter in the tube. It translates to a very light pinky coral on the lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2014 9:07:00 AM More reviews by carinnemj

Received one of these in Creme Brulee in my June Ipsy bag and it's my favorite item this month. The shade is a sheer coral-nude without shimmer (perfect for summer) and the scent is rich caramel. It applies smoothly and lasts as long as most glosses. I like it best with beachy waves and just a bit of bronzer on the cheeks. Now I want to explore other colors!

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2014 1:02:00 AM More reviews by EmRose6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Another fabulous product from NYX! I'm not a huge lipgloss gal, but I saw this display in Target and had been reading up on NYX products. I originally went in looking for "Maple Blondie" (deep peach) but could not find it so I went with "Apple Strudel" (peach) instead. The color looked really bright and scary in the tube but when applied it gives the nicest pop of hot pink/peachy color - it's so nice on tan skin. It's pigmented but not overly so - although when I first apply it I always have to be careful because if I don't rub my lips all the way together lines show up. I'm also the type to ALWAYS apply a balm underneath any lip product and these glosses feel nice and smooth and last a decent amount of time. The sweet (but subtle) vanilla smell is also nice too. Can't wait to try out more colors - the price can't be beat!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2014 7:19:00 AM More reviews by Vandie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this gloss! It's comfortable, comes in a ton of pretty creamy shades (none that I know of with shimmer), and colors like Strawberry Parfait (a punchy cool-toned raspberry) and Creme Brulee (a gorgeous pinky-nude) are my favorites. They are so versatile and look great alone, or topped over lipsticks in their respective color families. I have to say, it seems that the brighter you go in color, the more they might streak a little and may take a little more patience to smooth out, but I love them anyway. Great color selection, smooth, comfortable, creamy feel, and not heavy-feeling or tacky. Ulta frequently has sales on NYX, so taking advantage of a good sale on these will turn an already great product purchase into a better one! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2014 11:02:00 AM More reviews by swimmingpretty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

Nailed it NYX! These are very similar to the MAC cremesheens or at least the old formula of the Revlon superlustrous glosses but don't cost as much and have a subtle smell of baked goods. They are glosses so they do not last long but are pigmented and shiny enough that I don't feel the need to put layers of it on. I now have five colours; Tiramisu, strawberry parfait, raspberry tart, gingersnap and peach cobbler. I love them all they make my large lips look very smooth.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2014 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in the shade Vanilla Cream Pie and I never reach for it so I will be tossing it. It's a milky, opaque, blue-based medium Pepto Bismol pink with a very moist texture and a gloppy, tacky feel. It smells like vanilla frosting. This product looks cheap on me - it's too bright, too Barbie, and too cool-toned for my warm NC15 skintone and dark brown eyes. Because of its opacity, it highlights every crack and flake in my chapped lips. I can see why some people love the Butter Glosses, as they are very moist and are packed with pigment. Unfortunately this shade just didn't work for me. I ordered it online so I wasn't able to see the color in real life before purchasing - lesson learned!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2014 12:26:00 AM More reviews by heavymetalqueen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Sooo good! I got it in this month's Ipsy bag in the shade Creme Brulee which is a natural nude colour. I don't usually like lip gloss because they tend to be too shiny for my liking, but this only has minimal shine which is great! It also smells reeeally good. The one time I wore this, I put a thin layer of Carmex underneath just in case but I'm sure it would be fine all by itself; it feels very buttery, just like it says! Totally recommend this and can't wait to get new shades! I believe they're about $5 at Target, which is another plus.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2014 9:27:00 PM More reviews by xoxkatieee

I have 8 of these and I plan on getting more..my holy grail lipglosses from the drugstore