October 31, 2014 | 1415 users online

Foundations - Wet 'n' Wild - Coverall Cream Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2014 10:42:00 PM More reviews by silkybuns

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin and a lot of redness on my cheeks/chin. Very cheap and found a shade the was a pretty good match, but I won't repurchase for the following reasons: This foundation doesn't provide enough coverage, I can still see the redness peeking through. Within a couple of hours after application, it seems to disappear and it streaks on my skin. I will go back to EL Doublewear.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by ninaeaster

I really wish this had been a foundation that worked for me. I just found this product to be disappointing in all areas but the price and packaging
Pros:
the price
packaging

Cons:
Turned my pasty irish skin orange
Did not cover my acne scars and redness

Will definitely never ever repurchase

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2014 1:48:00 AM More reviews by PiMehMeh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had my doubts about this product's quality since it's probably the cheapest foundation I've ever seen in the market, at no more than $4 for 1oz of product--cheaper than any Rimmel foundations! But there are so many wet 'n' wild products that I love, and with such a low price-point, there was hardly a risk. And this one was definitely worth risking.

At first sight, the packaging design sits somewhere between cheap and high-end, since it's so simplified. The shades are a little tricky to choose from just by looking at the tube as well, as they all look barely look a shade lighter or darker from each other, all in the medium skin-tone range--no pale shades, no deep shades.

I have roughly an NC25-NC30 shade match in MAC's SFF, and found that the best match from wet 'n' wild Coverall Cream Foundation was 820 Medium/Tan, which is typically a shade name much darker than the typical foundations I would be suited for (light/medium). Luckily, this shade 820 Medium/Tan suited my yellow undertone well! The formula is actually lightweight and a little jelly-like rather than thick and creamy, and offers medium coverage. Not quite full-coverage like the name implies, but since the color sheers out a little, it looks natural and it's a little buildable after letting a layer dry. And it's easy to blend.

The foundation takes a little while to dry since it's quite moist, and offers no shine control even after it sets. Unless you like a radiant/dewy look, which I don't so much because my T-zone gets oily in about 3 hours of wearing this alone, the complementing Coverall Pressed Powder works great to both set the foundation, control the shine for 5 to 6 hours, and boost coverage. And the powder is about $2 or $3.

However, I find that shade-wise the pressed powder and the cream foundation shades don't seem to correlate; I found that the Pressed Powder 825B Medium was better with the Cream Foundation 820 Medium/Tan instead of Medium. But with two close-matching shades together, they're extremely affordable and work really well. With powder, I have to blot my face with oil sheets by the 6th hour. Without it, I have to blot at 3 hours. Doesn't last a full working day, but for the price, 6 hours of stretched shine control is pretty good on oily skin! And the foundation's coverage does last me until I get home from work, which is about 12 hours of wear time since applying. Nice.

Not a huge issue that I have with this foundation, but it's confusing: the web site states that this foundation contains SPF. Nowhere on the actual squeeze tube does it say that it contains SPF, and it doesn't smell like it does. To be safe, I always wear moisturizer with SPF underneath the foundation to ensure that I have sun protection.

The biggest qualm that I have with this foundation is in its packaging. I typically store the tube up-side-down (dispenser up) because the dispenser tip is a very wide hole that product just leaks out (worst case scenario: gushes out!) of if stored right-side-up. Amount of product is really hard to control when the tube is full, but it's less hassle as more product gets used. Less pressure, I suppose. But it was a pain in the beginning, as a lot of product got wasted this way.

Overall though, this was definitely worth trying out. I have used other foundations that I prefer better although they are higher-priced, but for those who are on a strict and tight budget, I highly recommend giving this foundation a try alongside its pressed powder partner, for about $5 together. Best-valued face combo for the quality.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2014 1:26:00 AM More reviews by Kellychancee

I don't have very much good to say about this foundation, other than the price. I guess you get what you pay for. Starting with the packaging, the opening is a very wide tube concept which makes it hard to control the amount of product you get out of it. The consistency is extremely thick which makes it really hard to blend and it ends up looking really cakey. Left me oily even with a setting powder after a few hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 1:22:00 PM More reviews by bigfootsR4real

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation! It's just the right consistency for good coverage! And it's an incredible price. It stays on pretty well all day. I use the coverall powder with it. I really like this product and really hope they keep making it forever :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 7:51:00 PM More reviews by lyrastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am really surprised at this little foundation.
I was pleased to find a relatively good color match. I don't mind the squeeze tube and the price is excellent. I don't feel this helps with oil control but it doesn't enhance oiliness either - it feels relatively light on the skin.

It smoothes out really nice and sets nice and dry on the skin.
I don't find it enhances wrinkles or fine lines. I only apply one layer and it covers the redness around my nose well. This was the first thing I noticed because usually only heavier foundations will do that. And I wouldn't call this a heavy foundation.

It softens my dark marks and scars really well too. I don't bother with a concealer on them because there's a good amount of pigment in this foundation. It's not flawless though.

I do like to work my foundations in with a thicker paddlebrush but it works well with a thinner one too. I just don't like a heavy look. Therefore, I prefer to use a loose powder for light dusting, rather than a heavier powder over it, and blot with paper and little touch up with powder during the day.
I would purchase this again.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2014 5:55:00 AM More reviews by flowerpan10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried this foundation in light/medium a few months ago and hated it because it made my red pimples stand out like crazy. It was basically like putting globs of pink on your face. Then I tried it a week ago thinking that I might like it better this time around and nothing changed. Pink tones usually work for me because they give me a healthy flush to my skin but this foundation just brought out all of my red pimples yet again. Not only that but I have hamburger greasy skin that I applied a light moisturizer to as well and this product broke up on my skin and looked separated and cakey. I really wanted to love this seeing as it's so cheap and in my favorite packaging but I can't see myself using this. I may try different forms of application just playing around with it on days when I'm not going anywhere but other than that I won't ever seriously use this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2014 2:25:00 PM More reviews by Iphy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

-Foundation hates my skin; I have been on a 3 year search for something that goes on without drawing out flakes. Despite regular exfoliation and religious application of moisturizer and water drinking, I just can't get dewy skin.
-I also have that pale skin tone that many makeup lines don't catch in their shade selection; especially not a line with 4-5 color options.
-For under $4, grabbing the lightest shade of this bottle solves all of my problems. I use a brush to buff this in, and everything is perfect. No breakouts, no oxidizing, just flawless skin. I cannot even believe the price. I have purchased several of these to hoard in fear of it being discontinued.
-The only problem is the package...I find it oozes, and a lot gets wasted in the cap. I store it upside down to keep it from oozing but overall I would like a different package.

Bottom line: try this. It's a high end, wonderful makeup for cheap.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 9:06:00 PM More reviews by sunnygrl

i wish there were more shades but i was happy the lightest color works for me. pretty good inexpensive foundation. the only thing i don't like is the squeeze tube, the way the noozle is made it squits out exess foundation, wasting alot of the product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2014 10:35:00 AM More reviews by Moodyone

I like this foundation but I don't love it, If I use too much it looks cakey. The way I know this is because sometimes it just blobs out of the container and you can't really put it back in there. It's a good thing this stuff is so cheap or I would be annoyed at how I can't control how much I want very easily.

If I get the right amount it is a good degree of coverage and blends easily. Even though there aren't that many color choices, I've never had a hard time finding the right shade for me. I don't use this everyday because it does feel kind of heavy on the skin but I like that it will cover any discoloration on my face.