Lumene Vitamin C+ Illuminating Anti-Age BB Cream

4.1

Octinoxate 6.0% Alumina, Ascorbic Acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Boron Nitride, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Caprylyl Glycol, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan), (CI 77891) Titanium Dioxide, Citric Acid, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Glycerin, Iron Oxides, Laureth-7, Lecithin, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, PEG-8, Phenoxyethanol, Polyacrylamide, Rubus Chamaemorus (Cloudberry) Seed Oil, Silica, Sodium Hydroxide, Sorbic Acid, Sorbitan Stearate, Stearic Acid, Tocopherol, Triisostearin PEG-6 Esters, Water, Xanthan Gum.

on 11/3/2013 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Goes on smooth, not pasty like other BB creams I've tried. This one requires only a thin layer for great coverage. My skin has actually broken out less since I've started using this - don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but I'll take it to mean that it definitely does not cause breakouts. I love the slight clean scent. Will definitely buy this again at only $15. Changed this to a four from a five - I realized it's not moisturizing enough and the color isn't quite right.

on 10/27/2013 12:50:00 PM

Love it -- smooth, creamy but not greasy in application. Blends easily with fingertips. Been using it for months with no complaints, other than winter is coming, I'm getting paler, and I'm already using the lightest shade I can find this stuff in, and it's a smidge too dark. It was great for summer, though, and with a pat of super light powder on top it might take me through winter without being too dark. So my one wish is a greater variety of shades.

on 10/22/2013 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is the best non-Korean BB cream I've tried so far. The shade selection is limited, but the Light works for me, especially in the summer (when I go from NC 15 to NC 20ish). The coverage is light, but smooths out my skin just enough for everyday wear. It is best rubbed in with fingers, and dries to a slightly dewy finish that got me more compliments than higher end products. I've also mixed it with a couple of drops of a more pigmented foundation with good results. It lasts several hours, though of course after 5 or so hours the shiny effect sets in a little on my forehead, but that's more my skin than anything else. Would repurchase, without a doubt.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Love this! I've been using either Maybelline or Garnier for a drugstore BB cream but the Garnier one is a little on the greasy side (and the for oily skin version of it is just disgusting on my skin) and the Maybelline one doesn't provide as much coverage as I would like. Most other drugstore BB creams (and BB creams in general) contain a bunch of silicones which my skin reacts horribly too.

So I got this at Walgreens. I think I paid $10, on sale. The color selection is poor. They only carry light and medium. The light appears to be what most other BB creams consider medium. This is what I purchased. Thankfully the colors works just fine for my skin.

I like the ingredient list. I like the anti-aging factor. I like the SPF. I like the texture, it is is on the thin side and doesn't feel too greasy. It is fast setting and fast absorbing, so I work it into each area of my face separately.

I adore the finish of this BB cream. It's absolutely perfect. Not greasy and shiny but not completely mattifying either. My skin looks like it has a natural glow from within. Even if I look at my skin in my 10x magnifying mirror after applying this (a magnification power that no one should be investigating their skin at lol), my skin looks really good. The same can't be said for Garnier/Maybelline.

I don't turn into an oil slick quickly with this. It stays looking pretty nice as the day wears on. I don't find myself worrying about touch ups. So far I can't find a single reason why I wouldn't repurchase this. I think it is my new go to BB cream.

Update: I have continued to use this every day and can't see myself tiring of it. No breakouts from it at all. I'm so thrilled to have given this a shot. If you're having trouble finding a drugstore BB product for oilier skin, stop by Walgreens and give this one a shot if one of the 2 shades will play nice with your skin tone. Awesome product.

on 10/15/2013 6:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I received a sample from Kicks shop and i put it on.I was really amazed by this product.I had previously bought a Clinique bb cream shich feels sticky and thick and not moist, and when i tried this on, i regreted that i hadn't bought it instead.First of all, the price is very convenient.Secondly, out of all my mositurizing products I have (and believe me, i have plenty of creams and serums from big brands), this product made my skin look and feel like baby face.I couldn't believe it!The texture, the colour, the feeling at the touch were absolutely marvelous.The problem is, though, as every miracle lasts just a little, after a few hours my face was glowing like a neon.It has become very oily, but it is maybe because i have oily skin.So I recommend this for dry, normal and combination skin types.And if you have oily skin, try using this product with a soft powder veil on top, or if you want to use it alone, then make sure you will spend no more than 3 hours away with this on :).But even after washing my face, the softness and silkiness of my skin persisted all day long.I will definitely buy it when i finish what i have now.

This is one of my first forays into BB creams and I'm happy to say it's my favorite one. A little about me: N20, combo/dry. After scanning the reviews here, I decided that "01" would be my best bet for a color - and I was right. I had it stored in my cart on Amazon for about $25 but took a gamble and searched eBay for it before purchasing - lucky me, I found it for $11 free ship. The container is quite simple, I like the cream tube with orange accents. It's also quite a hefty tube size for its cost - eBay or otherwise.

I heard the colors ran awfully dark/warm. So you can imagine when I swiped some on my hand and saw a nearly-orange smoosh of product appear. I was so afraid this would look horrible - mask like. I took a dive and wore it and somehow, it became one with my face. No line of demarcation. No oxidation. I didn't set it, either - I'm really down with the natural/dewy appearance lately. I will also say that this BB cream dries EXTREMELY FAST. Work in small areas because as soon as you dab some on your face, it begins to set. Since it sets so fast, I notice that it wears very well in the Georgia heat. I haven't experienced any backlashes with my skin, either. It's awfully tempestuous - I've been on Accutane a handful of times. Seems like this one fits the bill, though. I also like the scent. Lightly citrusy. I also like these smells since I have other Vitamin C facial products.

I'd definitely buy this again - once the tube actually nears its last drops!

The spf 20 is nice, but I didn't notice any illuminating quality and I got very oily after about an hour and I don't have oily skin! I tried using a powder over this and it just got cakey. You also need to work quickly when applying it, it loses its slip very fast. I wouldn't buy it again.

on 9/30/2013 9:04:00 PM

I quite like this BB cream, which I use in the shade 01 Light. It offers light coverage without looking too overdone. I love the orange scent! It is a teeny bit expensive, and is occasionally hard to blend, but otherwise once topped with some powder, (I use the Wet n Wild Coverall powder in 821B Fair, applied with a kabuki brush), it looks quite nice. It does feel a bit tacky on the skin though, and you have to be quick to blend! I suggest doing your face in sections when applying this, rather then putting on your whole face then blending.

Edit: the packaging occasionally gets on my nerves, particularly the opening that is the size of a pin. I docked a lipstick for that.

on 8/17/2013 7:52:00 PM

I bought the 01 Light from overseas as couldn't buy this product in Australia, and I was really looking forward to this product after such great reviews. This glides on smooth as silk and is super-lightweight with no obvious perfume. Looks great for the first 30 mins or so, but I found after that initial 30 mins, my skin was pinkish in tone, and my imperfections were worse than before I applied the BB cream. Not for skin that needs a little extra help.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have been loving this BB cream! This product offers light-medium coverage and dries to a natural-looking, satin finish (mine is in Light 01). The cream has a fresh, citrus scent which goes away after application, and it is easy to apply and blend on the skin. It feels much lighter than a cream or liquid foundation and has a "glow" to it but doesn't make me look shiny. I have oily skin, so I always set it with a powder, and I find it has good staying power. Love that this product has SPF and Vitamin C, as well as other anti-aging benefits. The price ($14.99 USD) is higher than most other drugstore BB creams on the market, but the quality of the product, the nice packaging, and amount of product included (1.7 fl oz.) make it worth the money! This is the first BB cream I have decided to try out (after much research) and I will definitely repurchase this! Love it!