July 28, 2014 | 2006 users online

BB Cream - Lumene - Vitamin C+ Illuminating Anti-Age BB Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2013 7:52:00 PM More reviews by cainsy

I bought the 01 Light from overseas as couldn't buy this product in Australia, and I was really looking forward to this product after such great reviews. This glides on smooth as silk and is super-lightweight with no obvious perfume. Looks great for the first 30 mins or so, but I found after that initial 30 mins, my skin was pinkish in tone, and my imperfections were worse than before I applied the BB cream. Not for skin that needs a little extra help.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2013 11:16:00 PM More reviews by expensivepink92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been loving this BB cream! This product offers light-medium coverage and dries to a natural-looking, satin finish (mine is in Light 01). The cream has a fresh, citrus scent which goes away after application, and it is easy to apply and blend on the skin. It feels much lighter than a cream or liquid foundation and has a "glow" to it but doesn't make me look shiny. I have oily skin, so I always set it with a powder, and I find it has good staying power. Love that this product has SPF and Vitamin C, as well as other anti-aging benefits. The price ($14.99 USD) is higher than most other drugstore BB creams on the market, but the quality of the product, the nice packaging, and amount of product included (1.7 fl oz.) make it worth the money! This is the first BB cream I have decided to try out (after much research) and I will definitely repurchase this! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2013 10:47:00 AM More reviews by rubysh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my first foray into the BB cream craze, and I get it. I grabbed Loreal, Garnier and Lumene from the drugstore and surprisingly found that the Lumene medium shade actually somehow blended to match my tan skin. In the 2 weeks since I started using it, I've already garnered 3 compliments on my skin, which for me, is a big deal. I have rather splotchy skin from old blemishes and the BB cream does an impressive job of both evening things out and "brightening". I too, wasn't sure what that meant before, but now I think i do and it's a good thing. It doesn't look cakey, nor does it get caught in fine lines and wrinkles. Anyway, it's a good bet. It's cheap compared to department store brands and it does what it claims to.
AND, even though there are only 2 shades, it does blend and match up to at least a tan skinned south asian.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Ok this is the first non korean BB Cream that I really, really like. My 1st was Youth Code but I swapped it because I didn't like how it felt on my skin. Then I got my Asian one's and loved them Skin79,Missha,Skin Food etc,.. Well I was in CVS and I had heard good reviews on this one specifically. I thought why not it was pricey but now that I have used it I do think it's worth it. I got the light because I'm an NW20 and below so I thought that would a good choice and it was. It evened out my skin tone and gave it a luminous look.

You have to blend fast because it dries quick but it matches my skin and it didn't budge till I removed it. I never had a BB that dries so quick so I use my fingers to apply this one. I like the SPF and the Arctic Cloud Berry at least it has something besides SPF which most non Asian BB's don't have. I like how it works on my oily/combo skin. It looks natural and I didn't go into oil overload which, tells me it has the right amount of moisture for my skin. I have a few blemishes mostly going away and red marks and discoloration. It covers it all wonderfully and you can't even tell I'm wearing makeup which I love. I've been in to the no makeup,makeup and this fits the bill.

If you're going to get a BB Cream and don't want to wait for shipping from Korea this is the BB for you. This is a BB I can definitely see myself using this daily because it's so easy to use, covers great, and doesn't make me break out:) If you have to try a non asian i would go with this. Yes, It's a little pricy for a DS product but it lasts forever,has great coverage, and feels the way a BB should plus it has some good stuff in it. Definitely Recommended!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2013 8:34:00 PM More reviews by SoSleepy

I've been using this BB cream for about 3 months now and I feel like I can safely say I'm in love! I'm in the light-medium range of most foundations and light works perfectly for me. The finish this stuff gives is what I've been hoping for from every foundation, tinted moisturizer, BB cream, you name it, that I've tried. I have combo skin and this cream is very moisturizing but not greasy (I do top it with a little loose powder). It gives good light-medium coverage, minimizes my pores, and just gives a really nice, healthy glow. My skin looks smoother and clearer but not like I'm wearing foundation at all. I love it. I also got mine from Walgreens during a BOGO sale so that made me extra happy! After 3 months I'm still not close to finishing my first tube. I will definitely continue to buy this BB for as long as they make it! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2013 6:32:00 PM More reviews by kirad

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

feels good going on, but creases up like crazy. also, i have fair/light skin so i bought "light", which is still way to pink for me. it looks good when applied, but 2 hours later it looks really pink/orange. pretty sure it also gave me under eye milia, which cleared up within a week after i took a break using the product.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 11:39:00 AM More reviews by rsrph

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

Before buying this product I had tried 3 other bb creams trying to find the right one for me. They were mostly greasy and the color was always way off. To make them work I would have to mix them with untinted moisturizer to adjust the shade, blend like crazy and then remove most of the product I put on in the first place. It just was not working.

I bought this one based on the reviews (not to mention the reasonable price and availability.) Success! The limited shades might be an issue for some but the light one was perfect for my skin. I just squeeze a little at a time on the tips of my fingers and dab it in, it is not greasy at all, and by layering it over a gossamer thin layer of Africas Secret multipurpose skin cream (it is a little like Vaseline) my skin looks dewy all day. A dab of concealer where needed, and I am done, a simple, confident face all day long. I really like this bb cream and would buy it again and again. If you are working your way through all the bb creams trying to find the right one for you, this one is definitely worth a try.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 11:47:00 AM More reviews by Kgsurfs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have sensitive acne prone skin...I break out regularly (mostly hormonal) and when I attempt treatment of my acne (salicylic acid/benzoyl peroxide) it dries me out and I become flaky. I was using Dermaquest Skin Therapy Breathable Coverage SPF 30 which I bought from my esthetician after explaining to her that I really only ever trusted Bare Minerals but I was looking for liquid coverage to hide my acne scarring and hyper pigmentation. I really loved everything about the Dermaquest "foundation"/full coverage moisturizer, but $60 every month or so is just too expensive as a college student. So I went drugstore hunting for a NATURAL, medium-full coverage, dewy, less than $20 BB/CC cream. I tried Almay's CC cream and hated it, and I didn't really trust any other drugstore brands (chemicals, fillers & gunk! OH MY!). I have often stopped and read the backs of Lumene products, but as a 20 year old I'm not really that concerned with aging...yet! So I bought this in shade 1 (c'mon guys, only TWO shades?!) luckily it is pretty close to my natural skin tone. It is a little pink for me, but I blend well. It has the slightest citrus scent that fades quickly (it's very refreshing like orange juice for your face in the morning). I am OBSESSED with its consistency: it goes on creamy but doesn't stay creamy it quickly sinks into skin. This creamy phase gives me enough time to blend it into my skin, but then it STICKS! I have oily skin (if it's not all dried out from products) and I prefer a glowy healthy look, this could be set with powder but I like its slight sheen. I still use cover up, but the coverage is pretty phenomenal for a BB cream. It has not made me break out and I think it's helping my scars/dark spots! :) I would absolutely repurchase this...I wish they would make more shades- I'm worried I won't be okay to wear this dark shade in winter :( I am curious to try their CC cream now...

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2013 5:26:00 PM More reviews by CaitlinT

I recently bought this BB cream after reading tons of reviews for a lot of brands. This one smells very nice, is SPF 20, and hasn't made me breakout yet. I bought it in "Light", and it would probably be too dark for most fair/pale people. I am slightly tan this summer, so it works for me, but it might be too dark in the winter. I haven't found it to be drying at all, and the coverage is definitely light. It doesn't replace foundation. It's basically a nice tinted moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2013 10:45:00 AM More reviews by amoenaonline

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have used this BB cream every day for over a year now, and I'm only on my second bottle. One bottle definitely lasts a long time! Here are my pros and cons:

Pros:
- Looks really natural (gives a warm, healthy glow)
- Anti-age (SPF 20)
- Lasts forever
- Worth the price because it lasts such a long time!
- Stays on all day, though requires setting with powder and blotting during the day.
- Nice package (it's possible to get all the product out!)
- Covers really, really nicely

Cons:
- Only two shades and the lighter shade is pretty dark.
- Very thick consistency, has to be applied very fast. Using a beauty oil underneath helps with the application.
- Doesn't feel moisturizing enough, but beauty oil fixes that problem too.
- Illuminating, so without powder it looks a bit greasy. Needs setting up with powder.

The beauty oil I use for the extra moisture and easier application is Lumene Intense Recovery Beauty Oil. It works really well together with this BB cream.