September 17, 2014 | 1781 users online

BB Cream - Lumene - Vitamin C+ Illuminating Anti-Age BB Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by ridemebigsheIdon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is one of my first forays into BB creams and I'm happy to say it's my favorite one. A little about me: N20, combo/dry. After scanning the reviews here, I decided that "01" would be my best bet for a color - and I was right. I had it stored in my cart on Amazon for about $25 but took a gamble and searched eBay for it before purchasing - lucky me, I found it for $11 free ship. The container is quite simple, I like the cream tube with orange accents. It's also quite a hefty tube size for its cost - eBay or otherwise.

I heard the colors ran awfully dark/warm. So you can imagine when I swiped some on my hand and saw a nearly-orange smoosh of product appear. I was so afraid this would look horrible - mask like. I took a dive and wore it and somehow, it became one with my face. No line of demarcation. No oxidation. I didn't set it, either - I'm really down with the natural/dewy appearance lately. I will also say that this BB cream dries EXTREMELY FAST. Work in small areas because as soon as you dab some on your face, it begins to set. Since it sets so fast, I notice that it wears very well in the Georgia heat. I haven't experienced any backlashes with my skin, either. It's awfully tempestuous - I've been on Accutane a handful of times. Seems like this one fits the bill, though. I also like the scent. Lightly citrusy. I also like these smells since I have other Vitamin C facial products.

I'd definitely buy this again - once the tube actually nears its last drops!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2013 2:01:00 AM More reviews by urstandingonmytoes

The spf 20 is nice, but I didn't notice any illuminating quality and I got very oily after about an hour and I don't have oily skin! I tried using a powder over this and it just got cakey. You also need to work quickly when applying it, it loses its slip very fast. I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by herbgurl82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I quite like this BB cream, which I use in the shade 01 Light. It offers light coverage without looking too overdone. I love the orange scent! It is a teeny bit expensive, and is occasionally hard to blend, but otherwise once topped with some powder, (I use the Wet n Wild Coverall powder in 821B Fair, applied with a kabuki brush), it looks quite nice. It does feel a bit tacky on the skin though, and you have to be quick to blend! I suggest doing your face in sections when applying this, rather then putting on your whole face then blending.

Edit: the packaging occasionally gets on my nerves, particularly the opening that is the size of a pin. I docked a lipstick for that.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2013 7:52:00 PM More reviews by cainsy

I bought the 01 Light from overseas as couldn't buy this product in Australia, and I was really looking forward to this product after such great reviews. This glides on smooth as silk and is super-lightweight with no obvious perfume. Looks great for the first 30 mins or so, but I found after that initial 30 mins, my skin was pinkish in tone, and my imperfections were worse than before I applied the BB cream. Not for skin that needs a little extra help.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2013 11:16:00 PM More reviews by expensivepink92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been loving this BB cream! This product offers light-medium coverage and dries to a natural-looking, satin finish (mine is in Light 01). The cream has a fresh, citrus scent which goes away after application, and it is easy to apply and blend on the skin. It feels much lighter than a cream or liquid foundation and has a "glow" to it but doesn't make me look shiny. I have oily skin, so I always set it with a powder, and I find it has good staying power. Love that this product has SPF and Vitamin C, as well as other anti-aging benefits. The price ($14.99 USD) is higher than most other drugstore BB creams on the market, but the quality of the product, the nice packaging, and amount of product included (1.7 fl oz.) make it worth the money! This is the first BB cream I have decided to try out (after much research) and I will definitely repurchase this! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2013 10:47:00 AM More reviews by rubysh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my first foray into the BB cream craze, and I get it. I grabbed Loreal, Garnier and Lumene from the drugstore and surprisingly found that the Lumene medium shade actually somehow blended to match my tan skin. In the 2 weeks since I started using it, I've already garnered 3 compliments on my skin, which for me, is a big deal. I have rather splotchy skin from old blemishes and the BB cream does an impressive job of both evening things out and "brightening". I too, wasn't sure what that meant before, but now I think i do and it's a good thing. It doesn't look cakey, nor does it get caught in fine lines and wrinkles. Anyway, it's a good bet. It's cheap compared to department store brands and it does what it claims to.
AND, even though there are only 2 shades, it does blend and match up to at least a tan skinned south asian.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Ok this is the first non korean BB Cream that I really, really like. My 1st was Youth Code but I swapped it because I didn't like how it felt on my skin. Then I got my Asian one's and loved them Skin79,Missha,Skin Food etc,.. Well I was in CVS and I had heard good reviews on this one specifically. I thought why not it was pricey but now that I have used it I do think it's worth it. I got the light because I'm an NW20 and below so I thought that would a good choice and it was. It evened out my skin tone and gave it a luminous look.

You have to blend fast because it dries quick but it matches my skin and it didn't budge till I removed it. I never had a BB that dries so quick so I use my fingers to apply this one. I like the SPF and the Arctic Cloud Berry at least it has something besides SPF which most non Asian BB's don't have. I like how it works on my oily/combo skin. It looks natural and I didn't go into oil overload which, tells me it has the right amount of moisture for my skin. I have a few blemishes mostly going away and red marks and discoloration. It covers it all wonderfully and you can't even tell I'm wearing makeup which I love. I've been in to the no makeup,makeup and this fits the bill.

If you're going to get a BB Cream and don't want to wait for shipping from Korea this is the BB for you. This is a BB I can definitely see myself using this daily because it's so easy to use, covers great, and doesn't make me break out:) If you have to try a non asian i would go with this. Yes, It's a little pricy for a DS product but it lasts forever,has great coverage, and feels the way a BB should plus it has some good stuff in it. Definitely Recommended!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2013 8:34:00 PM More reviews by SoSleepy

I've been using this BB cream for about 3 months now and I feel like I can safely say I'm in love! I'm in the light-medium range of most foundations and light works perfectly for me. The finish this stuff gives is what I've been hoping for from every foundation, tinted moisturizer, BB cream, you name it, that I've tried. I have combo skin and this cream is very moisturizing but not greasy (I do top it with a little loose powder). It gives good light-medium coverage, minimizes my pores, and just gives a really nice, healthy glow. My skin looks smoother and clearer but not like I'm wearing foundation at all. I love it. I also got mine from Walgreens during a BOGO sale so that made me extra happy! After 3 months I'm still not close to finishing my first tube. I will definitely continue to buy this BB for as long as they make it! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2013 6:32:00 PM More reviews by kirad

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

feels good going on, but creases up like crazy. also, i have fair/light skin so i bought "light", which is still way to pink for me. it looks good when applied, but 2 hours later it looks really pink/orange. pretty sure it also gave me under eye milia, which cleared up within a week after i took a break using the product.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 11:39:00 AM More reviews by rsrph

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

Before buying this product I had tried 3 other bb creams trying to find the right one for me. They were mostly greasy and the color was always way off. To make them work I would have to mix them with untinted moisturizer to adjust the shade, blend like crazy and then remove most of the product I put on in the first place. It just was not working.

I bought this one based on the reviews (not to mention the reasonable price and availability.) Success! The limited shades might be an issue for some but the light one was perfect for my skin. I just squeeze a little at a time on the tips of my fingers and dab it in, it is not greasy at all, and by layering it over a gossamer thin layer of Africas Secret multipurpose skin cream (it is a little like Vaseline) my skin looks dewy all day. A dab of concealer where needed, and I am done, a simple, confident face all day long. I really like this bb cream and would buy it again and again. If you are working your way through all the bb creams trying to find the right one for you, this one is definitely worth a try.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No