October 25, 2014 | 1797 users online

BB Cream - Tarte - BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

rated 1 of 5 on 11/23/2013 9:03:00 PM More reviews by litho14p

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This cream made me look really dry and old! It just brought out the flaws in my skin and washed me out. I could have been on walking dead! Would not purchase this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2013 3:05:00 AM More reviews by Kmarji

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just don't like this bb cream/12 hour primer. The shade range is terrible. The light shade washes me out and the medium shade is just far too dark for my nc25 skin. The coverage is pretty good for a bb cream, definitely a lot better than urban decay's naked bb cream. The wear of this bb cream/12 hour primer is wonderful. I've only worn it for 9 hours at most and it held it up pretty well. So why only three stars and why would I never repurchase? It accentuates my pores beyond belief. I've never had a product do so this badly. It's especially worse under any foundation I wear it with. On it's own, it's okay, however, I can't find a good color match so I can't get away with wearing it alone. Overall, it's not a bad product, if you can find a good color match and you're looking for a nice bb cream and a wonderful primer then go out and get this, you most likely won't regret it. However, if your pores are huge and you're an nc25 girl stay very far away.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by renie777

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really liked the texture of the product. It went on smooth and made my skin feel nice. However, the color range seems limited. The medium is too dark and the light washes me out. I sometimes feel chalky wearing it. I work outside and the product holds up pretty well. It doesn't need much touch up through out a busy day. However, I do become oily and have to apply powder. Not a bad product but I was expecting more for the price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2013 8:26:00 PM More reviews by underage

I'm hot and cold about this primer. The shade range is not great especially if you're using it as a foundation (which I don't). I got fair at first and it was waaaaay too light. I went back and got light which is a lot darker. It goes on very smooth and fills in my pores. I use this under all my foundations but only in my t-zone. It seems to make my foundation last a few hours longer. I really do like this but it's pretty expensive for a small tube. I've been using the L'Oreal pink primer that comes in a pot and I feel like it's been comparable but without the color. I may purchase again if I get extra cash.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2013 4:10:00 AM More reviews by Emmulous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I first tried this bb cream as a small sample and was astonished by how amazingly smooth it is on my skin. I bought the full size version and use it every day. I have severely dry skin and my skin just eats it up. I use this as my only foundation, and it really does stay put. I really love it, and I will definitely repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2013 6:41:00 AM More reviews by Ryanne

I love this product so much that I am saving it only for special occasions!:-) This makes my skin look so plump and fresh. Flawless indeed!!!:-)

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2013 4:22:00 PM More reviews by sashaMambo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really wanted to like this product, since it by far had the best line up of ingredients out all of the brands in Ulta. My first problem with this is that I was not able to find a color match. My skin is fair with pink undertones. The lightest color was way too light on my skin, and the next color up was too orange/dark. Also, this had literally no coverage-completely sheer. I felt like it just say on my top of my skin and accentuated dry packages. It was also strangely unmoisturizing. For these reasons, I had to return this product. However, when I went back to Ulta, they had pulled all of their Tarte tinted moisturizers from the shelf and told me that Tarte was reformulating the brand and sending out new products soon. I have high hopes to try a reformulated version when it comes out. The only reason this product receives 2 lippies is for its great line up of natural/good for acne prone skin ingredients.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2013 1:59:00 AM More reviews by clarabeau

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is SO nice and truly works well as a primer for my sensitive, sometimes combination, slightly acne-prone skin. I use the Fair shade and it's a bit too light for me but I know the next shade up would be too dark, and I don't mind looking a little more porcelain than usual. This actually has pretty good coverage but I like to add some mineral powder on top for extra coverage where needed. I've noticed I tend to reach for this when I'm having a bad, PMS skin day. That means it's good! It's more matte though, not dewy like Asian BB creams usually are.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2013 12:20:00 PM More reviews by spicycherry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

So I went out specifically to find a BB cream that would be good for my skin while I wore it, while also providing a bit of coverage and some SPF. I went into this knowing I would be spending high-end prices because my skin is so fair and delicate, so I gave it four lippies: I knew what I was paying for, but it's still pricey. I looked at so many drug store BB creams and came to the conclusion that most of them either were way too dark for my fair skin, or lacked any nutritive qualities and were basically just sheer drugstore makeup. So if you're looking for something that it actually good for your skin, go the high-end route, even if you end up not choosing this specific product!

You get one ounce of product in a hygienic tube with a cute wooden cap. This product is very light, and matches my fair skin perfectly, which is saying a lot, because any time I go out looking for a base product, it's a complete chore because of my almost neutral fairness. I had a lady help me with several products, all of which were way too yellow or dark, or ended up discoloring after a few minutes. Then we tried this little gem.

The product has a very light, makeup-y smell, and feels silky smooth and velvety as you smooth it on with your fingers. You don't need much for a nice sheer coverage, and it's fairly buildable, so I added a bit more under my eyes and on a couple red spots on my chin, and it blended beautifully. I would recommend blending a bit down your neck as well, for ladies whose face tends to be a tad darker than her neck (me)! This also looks great underneath my PurMinerals 4 in 1 pressed mineral foundation.

This stayed on all day for me and looked great. I also have a tendency to get shiny at times (despite how dry my skin is) and I didn't notice this. Also, the next day, my face felt more moisturized than usual, and I even noticed while washing my face that several blackheads I didn't even know were there just popped right out, and my skin looked fresher and brighter.

So far I am loving this product, and I will add to this review after I finish the tube!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by Gardenia24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

LOVE this! I am not one to use a liquid foundation, as I try to take good care of my skin. I got a sample of this with a Tarte order & almost didn't try it. Well, I was really impressed when I put it on one day on a whim. Light, velvety, just enough coverage to even things out. Also works great under their Amazonian Powder foundation if you need some full coverage without looking too cakey...wore it like that to an Indian wedding (read: hours of dancing like a maniac + LOTS of makeup to keep up with the sparkly outfit) and my makeup lasted all night long! Also love to use this on my eyelids to even things out & give a good base to my shadow/liner. Keeps things from getting crinkly up there.

Applies well with a BeautyBlender or RealTechniques Expert Face Brush...however the first few times I used it with the RT brush it took a long time to blend as I used too much product. When I use that brush I only need a pea-sized amount for my whole face, and it blends beautifully. Also wears well under the Tarte pressed powder & Amazonian Clay setting powder.

No issues with breakouts or blemishes with this...Tarte's products usually treat me pretty well.