September 22, 2014 | 1356 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Whisper

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2013 11:22:00 PM More reviews by myan21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love these lipsticks. They have a very smooth, comfortable and moisturizing text to them. The colour is very build-able and the color selection is great for spring or summer looks. Not to mention the packaging is sooo beautiful but the colour of the lipstick isn't true to the packaging which is the only down fall. Over all, great lipstick!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2013 8:23:00 PM More reviews by xkathyz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the colors 'pink possibilities' as well as 'rose of attraction.' They are both great everyday colors and the formula is really what makes this my go to lip product. It's lightweight, buildable in color, moisturizing and doesn't have a bad smell. I will definitely be picking up more.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2013 9:58:00 AM More reviews by katey88

I got the color "coral ambition". And i adore it! Its the perfect color for spring! The color pay off is wonderful. This is my go to lip product! I cant wait to go and buy more colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2013 7:50:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie3251

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okaaaaay . First off I LOVE <3(: this lipstick ! it's the best drugstore lipstick I've ever purchased ! The color comes out how it's suppose too and it's moisturizing just like a lip balm . Go buy four or more ! You'll run out quick with this product because you'll fall inlove <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2013 1:48:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

I adore these. I have several shades and I would say these are the perfect cross between Revlon Lip Butters (too much pigmentation, not enough hydration) and the L'Oreal Colour Riche Balms (not enough pigmentation). They feel like and dreamy, they have a fantastic scent (like Fruity Pebbles) and the shade selection is huge.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2013 6:18:00 PM More reviews by brittlovesmakeup89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am truly in love with this product! I got it at Kmart for $6 or $7. I got this in Bare To Be Bold first. It's a sexy, light nude. Shiny and moist, just totally yummy. It doesn't last outrageously long but I have no problems reapplying. I recently got this in Go Nude and it's definitely nude! These are the only 2 colors I'm interested in at the moment. They aren't very moisturizing or last longer than an hour or two but I don't care. They look amazing! I do wish they were a couple dollars cheaper though!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2013 7:25:00 PM More reviews by Tygerlilee84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THESE! They are sheer, but still nicely pigmented. I wouldn't say they are moisturizing, but they are definitely not drying. They are glossy at first, but when they dry on your lips they leave a nice stain for a while longer. For the record I hated the Revlon Lip Butters-blaspheme I know. I hated them because they were not quite pigmented enough and more importantly, I had a reaction to them. I had a rash on my hand where I had swatched them for a month and my lips got sore and swollen. I really liked the idea of the lip butters, but all the similar products at that time were also very to not at all pigmented. The makeup gods pretty much answered my prayers with these lipsticks. I also like the packaging better than the lip butters-they are sleeker and slimmer. I currently have five colors and they are all quite pigmented (even the pale ones) and buildable.

Lust for Blush-this is a muted slightly cool toned mauvey MLBB pink for the fair skinned. This color seems to be the most popular and my local stores as it's usually sold out. It's my I-don't-have-to-think-about-it color.

Coral Ambition-very pale bright peachy pink. I have be careful what I wear with this one because it can look to young for me. I tone it down with a gloss sometimes.

I typically wear relatively muted light colors. Because these are so sheer, I'm braver about trying colors that normally seem to bright for me. It's a great way to take baby steps towards trying brighter or darker colors.These next three are all in that category for me.

Petal Rebel-light cool toned bright baby pink. So gorgeous. It's my second favorite after Lust for Blush. I wear this as an every day pink.

Pink Possibilities-this is a warmer pink, and more fluorescent and a shade darker than petal rebel. They are pretty similar, this one is just bolder and brighter. I personally prefer petal rebel on me, but I think less albino skinned people will like this one a lot.

Rose of Attraction-this is a darker, redder pink/rose. This is a more mature color but still pretty bright. In the tube it looks like there is some glitter but I don't see or feel it on my lips.

Overall, my favorites on me are definitely Lust for Blush and Petal Rebel. In this picture, left to right is MAC creme cup for reference, Lust for blush, petal rebel, pink possibilities, rose of attraction, and coral ambition. The swatches are very true to color.

Edit: 05/13/13 Clearly, I have a problem...I bought three more. Pinup peach, Faint for Fuchsia, and Made it Mauve.

Pinup peach-this is a medium reddish peach color. It's an easy to wear every day color. If you don't want actual red but in that family, this is a good one.

Faint for fuchsia-this one is like Petal Rebel's big brighter sister. It's that same cool toned pink, maybe with a dash of purple, brighter and darker by a shade and more opaque. I love it. It might be my second or third favorite.

Made it Mauve-this is a medium rosy brown and an ideal fall color. It's quite opaque like faint for fuchsia. Think of colors like MAC twig or cosmo-it's no dupe but the same color family and more sheer. Most of the colors I tried are quite bright (partly due to me trying to venture into brighter lip world); this is the most muted of the colors I tried, followed by pin up peach. I will LOVE this one in the fall.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2013 4:14:00 PM More reviews by surrealkitten

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The texture is melting, not heavy, very slightly slippery and extremely comfortable. Cool-toned colors like Mad For Magenta give the highest degree of translucence with a good pop of color. Warmer colors like Orange Attitude are fine, but as with all yellow-based sheer colors the pigment has a tendency to streak and settle into lip lines.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2013 9:52:00 PM More reviews by 2010

I like the Revlon LB's better than these...These are moisturizing but I do find the one I have to be a bit oily.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2013 1:13:00 PM More reviews by pinknika

ehhhh....I'm not sure if it's too early in the game to report but I just don't see the hype. I went crazy and decided to try every "balm" out there, although not classified as a balm, it's trying to follow the lip balm/butter trend. I bought these in coral ambition and pin up peach, I wore pin up peach yesterday and it was very pink and not very peachy. I had to reapply it on several occasions and when I couldn't, (I was shooting a short film) it had made my lips very dry and tight. I don't know, compared to Revlon's lip butters, which is pretty moisturizing, this stuff kinda blows. I will update if things change, maybe it's different colors? And I think the stick itself is really skinny and you don't get a lot of product.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No