October 1, 2014 | 953 users online

Lip Gloss - L'Oreal - Colour Riche Caresse Wet Shine Stain

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by CG1981

The product is very drying and doesn't sit evenly on lips so color doesnt look good. It also has an odd sticky feeling to it. Ive used long wearing lipsticks before and also stains, but this got my lips dry to point id want to rip off my lip-skin. Returned this to CVS. I like the doe-foot applicator though but nothing about product.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2013 1:45:00 PM More reviews by breeolvera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't know if I got a bad tube but its hardly pigmented at all and taste like dish soap

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2013 5:09:00 PM More reviews by kaatiex

I own Milady, Juliet and Romy.

They are very buildable and with a few coats can create an opaque lip; alternatively they can be used with one or two swipes to create a sheer lip which is perfect for someone like me who tends to shy away from bold lips.

They do have a scent- they smell like raspberries; this doesn't last too long and there is no discernible taste while on the lips.

They wear for a good couple of hours without needing to be touched up, and when they do fade away you're left with a stain that lasts despite vigorous scrubbing. They didn't appear drying on my lips but you may wish to apply a balm prior to using one of these stains. The only fault is that they do end up a bit tacky as they begin to dry, aside from that I think they are an amazing and affordable drugstore products, and a great DS dupe for the YSL Glossy Stains!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by PaleBrunette

I love these so much, I went back and got them all. They apply watery but set into a stain that lasts a little longer than most glossy glosses.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2013 6:51:00 PM More reviews by HeidiF69

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love this! I really prefer glosses to lipsticks, but they usually don't last, or if they do, they dry out your lips. This one has the perfect balance! It feels watery as you apply it, but it soon turns slightly tacky. It didn't dry out my lips at all, and lasts at least four hours. It appears shiny and not like a "stain." I got the color Rose On and On and it is a beautiful, neutral pink. Looks great with everything. I agree the color offering has too many purples - I would love this in a coral or rose gold tone. Anyhow, will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2013 4:52:00 PM More reviews by erikamay94

I bought this product in "Rose on and on" about a week ago and I'm in love! You won't find anything quite like it in the drugstore and it is a quality dupe for the YSL Glossy Stains (I have one in 12 Coril Fauve). The only thing I would say is a downfall is the colour selection. It has quite a few purple-y shades and a lot of nudes. Not very many wearable pinks. Overall though, great product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2013 9:43:00 AM More reviews by materialface

I underestimated this lip product when they first came out. I've only purchased one now and to be honest, it was only because they were on sale. Oh how I wish I bought these sooner! I purchased it in Pink Rebellion. I couldn't test it on my lips cause I had red lipstick on so I swatched it on my hand. I figured I'll buy one now, and if I love it, I'll grab more tomorrow!
- This is a wet lip stain and has the consistency of water it feels like
- The slanted applicator is ideal so that the product doesn't drip once you take it out
- If you don't exfoliate and moisturize your lips prior to applying this stain, it will look blotchy.
- I'm truly amazed because the lip stain gives you the stained lip effect that you see in fashion/magazine ads! It gives you a sexy yet effortless look.
- This is a great lip product for work and for spring/summer. Sometimes putting lipstick or lipgloss can feel too heavy. For me that is. This is a foolproof lip product.

I will be purchasing more colours!!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2013 4:52:00 AM More reviews by pictureperfect09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Get the YSL Glossy Lip Stain instead.
I want to love the L'oreal but I spoiled myself by already being introduced to the YSL. About a year ago I tried the YSL for the first time when I heard about they had a gloss/stain. Wow I was impressed. I actually raved to my friend about it and she bought one and the first time she wore it she thanked me for the compliments she got. The YSL is great; so when I discovered L'oreal was coming out with their drugstore dupe for their own luxury cosmetics product, I was so excited. I'd love to think these compare, but once this L'oreal product wears throughout the day to leave a patchy gloss and stain. The pigment is also all across the board. The richer shades seem to come out nicely, but any light colors are a joke. The nude and pale pink are just hints of color no matter how many layers. If you want this product to work to its fullest potential, and don't mind putting more money into it, get to a YSL counter. The only shades worthwhile in this are the deep red, pink, purples.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by bigsvig

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in Eternally Nude.and it is a great take on MLBB. I'd call it MLBT - My Lips But Tawnier. This formulation reminds me of a Paula's Choice product (Constant Color?) from years ago (liked the formulation - couldn't get a color that worked for me). This goes on very slippery, gets into place easily, and then dries down slowly leaving occasional patches that are more sticky. I don't detect much stain, but that may be because this color matches mine so closely. The effect is very pleasant, but subtle (which is what one should expect with a color that has 'nude' in it). This also plays well with liner. I would try this in another color, but none of them spoke to me. In fact, I don't usually go for nudes because they wash me out, so if you have that problem, too (or have very pale lips), this might give you a very natural look

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2013 4:43:00 PM More reviews by rvdiaz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Finally an actual lip stain, not just a product claiming to be a lip stain when it's actually a full in lip color, so this product offers a sheer color to the lips and a glossy finish, some shades will make your lips look naturally pink while some will give your lips a boost, I have pink rebellion and i believe a red one called eternally red, both are great i mattify them sometimes with translucent powder to make them more natural looking, and you can even use these as a CHEEK stain, they don't feel too drying and last for about 3 hours, if i would compare this to another Product i own i would compare it to my benetint with the exception of the glossy finish. Great lip stain !