Revlon Photoready BB Cream SPF 30

3.1

on 2/23/2014 8:06:00 PM

I'm not sure why there are reviews about it being oily. In my experience it's more dry. I have combo skin and I found this more like a foundation then a lotion. It clung to dry skin, especially on my nose, and I really had to work to get it to absorb without my face looking like I had some kind of scaly foundation. The quest continues....

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Too greasy. It's not buildable for better coverage. Just gets more oily. There are much better ones out there. Currently loving PF with a light dusting of Milani's mineral powder.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this stuff! Great light coverage for a natural look, but it can be greasy so a nice matte powder sets the look. Sadly, I'm really pale, so right know, since I haven't got any Sun, the lightest shade, 010 pale, is to dark for me. so I can only use it during the summer. oh well! Yes I will repurchase, in July!

on 2/17/2014 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this did not work on my skin, it looks too greasy. still, this does not mean its a bad bb cream. Its quite thick, easy to apply, covers just enough, not too much, but blurred my acne scars. it didnt broke me out. overall i reccomend it to people with normal to dry skin, or combination skin (only on the cheeks)

on 2/9/2014 3:10:00 PM

I love the packaging on the photoready revlon collection... just thought I would put that out there. I find a lot of their packaging to look cheap but this looks very clean and classy.

I bought this product light (010). This (out of the 2 bb creams I own) is hands down my favorite. The finish is a healthy dewy finish and is hydrating. It blends right into my skin color and provides a nice medium coverage... I would say this product would not be the first choice for someone with acne or oily skin, but bc I have dry skin and no blemishes, this is a great product for me... Very happy with it and will definitely buy it again. The one thing I would say is that it is not as long lasting as loreal's magic skin beautifier bb cream

on 2/8/2014 9:01:00 PM

I have tried many BB Creams in the past. Some of them were expensive, department store brands, some were drugstore brands, but this is the only one I have purchased more than once. I found it on sale at Ulta several weeks ago and bought two more. The finish is just perfect, and if I throw on a sheer powder I find that it lasts all day. The coverage is sheer to light, which is fine for me. I just need to look acceptable enough to go to the bus stop, the grocery store and run some errands. It blends in easily and never looks streaky.

I wear the lightest shade and have yellow undertones. It is actually one of the only BB Creams I have found that doesn't look too peachy on my skin.

My ONLY complaint is that it gets a little runny toward the end of the bottle. Oh well. It's a small price to pay for something that works so well for my needs and is so kind to my wallet.

As a dupe for Smashbox, I just don't rate this bb cream. The shades weren't great (I'm NC25-30 and couldn't find one anywhere close), the texture thinner and oilier than Smashbox and having rubbed it onto the back of my hand, within ten minutes it had almost disappeared.

on 12/27/2013 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I am really pleasantly surprised by this BB cream, I wasn't expecting to like it! This bb cream is a light coverage bb cream, it is fragrance free and has a dewy finish. When I apply this BB cream, I usually use 2 layers, buffing it in with my Real Techniques buffing brush. After I apply the BB cream I blot my skin with a tissue, apply a bit of the Nars Creamy Radiant concealer where I have any blemishes or discolouration that the BB cream didn't cover and then I use a sponge to apply a light layer of pressed powder to lock it all in (a sponge is the best option for combatting oil in my experience because it presses the powder in to the skin as opposed to using a brush where it just leaves the powder sitting on the surface). On my skin this BB cream will last a whole day looking fresh and radiant, blotting once or twice depending on how much stress it is preforming under. I really like how despite getting a little oily, it never goes blotchy or fades. I wear the lightest shade which I believe is called 'fair' and it isn't really that fair so I need to blend it down my neck to avoid looking like I'm wearing a mask. I have dry skin so I like to use a moisturizer under the BB cream but if you have oily skin you may find that the BB cream alone will suffice. I was overall decently impressed with this BB cream and I would repurchase it!

on 12/22/2013 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Bit of a mixed bag. I purchased this because it has a mineral SPF 30 and found a shade light enough for my fair skin (010, fair).

Pros
- Gentle formula, fragrance free and one of few cheaper bb creams with a mineral SPF 30
- Beautiful, light neutral colour. One of the few bb creams I have tried that are light enough.
- silky, creamy consistency, not too thick, blends easily
- I like the simple packaging, the lid is also tight enough so you don't get a messy splatter of product at any time
- Price

CONS
- very sheer coverage for my liking. Did not do a good job of covering my red areas, especially around the nose, chin.
- The finish looked too shiny. I have dry/combination skin. If you have sensitive and very dry skin, and don't mind extremely sheer coverage, you will probably love this.

I will continue to use till I run out but won't be repurchasing.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have dry skin, and love this BB cream for summer because it's not too thick. I have light skin (tint leaning yellow) and the 010 Light shade worked well. Packaging is great for getting just the right amount of product out.