Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express

3.6

(BLACK NON-WATERPROOF) AQUA/WATER, PEG-200 GLYCERYL STEARATE, STYRENE/ACRYLATES/AMMONIUM METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, CERA ALBA/BEESWAX, PARAFFIN, COPERNICA CERIFERA CERA/CARNAUBA WAX, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, STEARIC ACID, CETYL ALCOHOL, PALMITIC ACID, ETHYLENEDIAMINE/STEARYL DIMER DILINOLEATE COPOLYMER, VP/EICOSENE COPOLYMER, LITHIUM MAGNESIUM SODIUM SILICATE, DIMETHICONE, AMINOMETHYL PROPANEDIOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, SILICA, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SOSIUM LAURETH SULFATE, DIMETHICONOL, DISODIUM EDTA, POLYURETHANE-35, TETRASODIUM EDTA, [+/- MAY CONTAIN: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, CI 75470 / CARMINE, CI 77288 / CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289 / CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN, CI 77742 / MANGANESE VIOLET, CI 77510 / FERRIC FERROCYANIDE], (F.I.L. D54745/1).

on 11/19/2014 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Basically this is the Platonic ideal of mascara: dark, volumizing, rarely flaky, easy on, easy off. I'm on my third tube and we are going to live happily ever after, the end.

This is over all the BEST mascara I've ever owned. Doesn't clump up ur lashes. It makes them longer, stronger and very dark. 10/10 THE BEST.

on 11/18/2014 8:42:00 AM

This has been my go to mascara for about two years now. I have naturally super long lashes so it gives the perfect amount of volume by keeping them separated. One tube lasts awhile too!

on 11/17/2014 6:57:00 PM

A decent mascara. I have this in 2 colors. Wears nicely throughout the day. No smudging or flaking. It's not too wet. Can be a touch difficult to remove, and this is not even the waterproof formula. Gives nice volume, but can be a touch clumpy. But is easy to work with and can get it not to clump. Does not make my eyelashes feel dry nor does it bother my eyes. Just a pretty decent mascara.

on 11/17/2014 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This mascara does not give length or a ton of volume. All I notice is that my lashes look a tiny bit fuller and darker. Also the brush on this thing is as stiff as all get out.
I am not going to lie, if you are to rough, it can be uncomfortable to apply this stuff.
With that being said, it does a GREAT job of combing through my lashes and seperating them perfectly.
If you ar going for longgg and thick black lashes, this mascara will not give you that. It's just the truth.
However, it is nice for those days that you want to pull off a natural no makeup look.

on 11/14/2014 6:34:00 PM

Clumps up my lashes like nothing else. Very disappointed with this mascara, I was expecting better.

on 11/12/2014 8:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Another top notch mascara made by Maybelline. I have worn Illegal Length Fiber Extensions Mascara for years, and recently purchased The Rocket Volum' Express on a whim - color brownish black.

Rocket Volum' Express separates and lengthens my short upper lashes. Never knew my lashes could look so lush.

When I swipe the wand on the mascara container opening to remove excess product, do not have a lot of excess remaining at the top of the container opening, which is a plus because one won't have excess mascara overcoating and clumping on lashes.

Reviewers have mentioned this isn't an easy mascara to remove. It might not be the easiest, but it isn't impossible. I gently rub a cotton ball with baby oil on it over eyelashes, and then proceed with Albolene makeup remover over face and lashes.

Highly recommend this mascara.

on 11/7/2014 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was previously using Dior iconic Overcurl and let me tell you this $6 tube of the rocker blows that $30 Dior out of the water! I have long eyelashes but they tend to fall flat, the rocket holds the curl all day and I've been asked many times if I'm wearing falsies. I can even use this without curling my lashes and you would never know. I use the waterproof one and its a little hard to remove but coconut oil works great. Def my HG mascara.

on 11/3/2014 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I bought this mascara based solely on the online reviews here on makeupalley.com. I know it advertises to add volume to lashes, but all I got was minimal length. No volume at all, actually it made my lashes look defined in an odd way. Like a bunch of skinny black toothpicks or something. The tips of my lashes also stuck together even after I tried using my lash comb. I think the formula is too wet for my liking, it also smelled strongly and stung my eyes.

on 11/3/2014 4:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The brush is difficult to use and it keeps clumping.