January 27, 2015 | 1169 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast Clump Crusher Water Resistant

rated 2 of 5 on 6/1/2013 4:17:00 PM More reviews by LunaGirl09

I was really disappointed with this mascara. I have naturally straight, long lashes so I have to curl them everyday (because of glasses) and have to make sure I use waterproof mascara so it can hold the curl. The first time I used it, right away my lashes started to uncurl. I've used it several times after that with the same result. I've tried to use this along with another waterproof mascara that does hold my curl to see if it helps, and it does a bit but not so much. I do love that it does not clump the times I have used it but unfortunately it doesn't hold a curl and that is a deal breaker.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by juniebug008

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I should probably put a disclaimer out there that I have very long, thin eyelashes that have natural curl to them, so I can't comment on whether or not this mascara holds a curl. I look for two things in a waterproof mascara: The ability to thicken my wimpy lashes and resistance to my watery eyes. I really feel like this mascara is a homerun for me in those two categories. At the end of the workday, my mascara hasn't budged, and I don't notice much flaking either! I have a feeling that this mascara will come in handy for the upcoming summer months! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2013 7:48:00 PM More reviews by pheebz7

After reading many good reviews on this mascara as well as running out of the mascara that I am currently using, I decided to try the Clump Crusher mascara. I only wear water proof mascara, it being that I have short lashes that are very hard to hold curl and water proof formulas seem to help with that problem. While I was applying this, I thought, wow! It looks really great and of course, no clumps! I went on to do the mascara on my other eye and when I looked at the previous eye, I found that my lashes were droopy and sticking straight out, as if I wasn't even wearing mascara at all. Bummer, because they looked really good before they fell. This mascara looks good on lower eye lashes so I will use it up for that purpose, but unless your lashes hold curl well, I would not recommend this mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by babalu_who

Honestly, my experience with this product was just a comedy of errors. I had been using the water-resistant formula of Cover Girl's Lash Blast Fusion mascara (the one in the purple tube) in "Very Black" for a while, and was very happy with it. But I left it in the car one too many times in hot weather, and after three car detentions the product was thoroughly cooked. So I did my homework, and found out that people seem to love the new CG Clump Crusher formula. I was excited to purchase it...

...And then I tried it. Despite all the clump-free claims being made about it, after the first or second swipe (from a brand-new tube!) it had deposited clumps on my lashes. I rarely suffer clumping issues with mascaras (which is why I don't bother with the high-end brands) and so I was genuinely surprised that this mascara was so prone to clumps, even when brand-new. (For a moment I actually thought I had put it on incorrectly and checked the package to see if there were special directions! Not so, however.) I combed out the clumps, at which point the mascara was similar in coverage to your basic, $2 black mascara--nothing impressive, stiff feel with little thickening of the lashes, and no major "pop" or impact aesthetics-wise, even after two coats. Still, I left it on and went about my business.

...But then came the final insult: a few hours later, it had flaked EVERYWHERE. Into my waterlines, onto under-eye circles, cheekbones, all over. I've never had a mascara do that so prolifically--it was ridiculous. It was a warm day, and those mascara flakes had started to melt into my makeup, so that when I tried to dust them off, they actually smeared into black charcoal-like streaks on my skin.

I wrote the problem off, thinking it was just the weather or the fact that the product was BRAND NEW and maybe needed some exposure, or something. So I tried the product for a week (on both curled and uncurled lashes)--with the same terrible results every day. Thank goodness I'm a stay-at-home mom--the only person who caught me looking like a crazy raccoon was my sweet 2 year old.

Maybe it was an odd batch, but I've never had these problems with any other mascara, and I've tried a bunch. For a smooth-applying, clump-free, water-resistant, lush mascara with intense pigmentation that really emphasizes the eyes, I would stick with CG Lash Blast Fusion.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2013 12:42:00 AM More reviews by kristal5479

i really liked the cover girl lash blast clump crusher waterproof mascara for my lower lashes since my top lashes kept coming down with this mascara. i would not buy this product again but i do recommend the cover girl lash blast volume waterproof mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2013 12:19:00 AM More reviews by tiny101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this mascara based on the amazing reviews on YouTube and MUA, but perhaps the waterproof version just doesn't compare to the regular; I have not bothered to try the regular for various reasons though.

[ PROS ]
- It really doesn't clump
- Creates separated and clean-looking lashes
- Doesn't smudge or run even in the rain

[ CONS ]
- Does not lengthen by any noticeable amount
- Barely any volume added to lashes
- Does not hold a curl (which is imperative for my short/straight Asian lashes)

All-in-all, the pros cannot redeem the cons. I would never repurchase or recommend this mascara to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2013 5:47:00 PM More reviews by sexyglam

I love huge, voluminous, black lashes, that being said this mascara by itself is just ok. So why the four lippies? I usually layer my mascaras and apply many layers of another volumizing mascara which leaves clumps than I follow up with this one as a way to comb thru or define my lashes. The product does do what it says as it leaves very little to no clumps and somewhat lengthens lashes but the comb does separate lashes well and give them a good amount of volume. Again, it just depends on how you like your lashes to look, for those of us who love falsies looking lashes this product by itself may disappoint however, as a layering mascara saved for the very last step it works great.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2013 2:37:00 PM More reviews by sizza911

I don't get the great reviews for any of the Cover Girl Lash Blast mascaras and this one is no exception. I think I've tried 3 of them now. The Clump Crusher pulled my lashes out straight even after re-curling when it dried (which took a while IMO). No volume, no length to speak of and I got clumpy spider lashes after the two coats I needed to notice any difference. I didn't find it to be totally water resistant either. I dabbed my eyes after tearing up and had black mascara all over the tissue. In general, I like Cover Girl products, but I cannot seem to get good results from the mascaras. Back to my Maybelline Falsies mascara I go!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2013 4:53:00 PM More reviews by Popcornshrimp

If you want a natural looking lash this is for you.
I really don't get why this is so hyped up on Reddit.

Pros-
Doesn't smudge
Doesn't flake
Doesn't make lashes crispy or spikey

Cons-
Doesn't hold a curl
Doesn't give you va va voom full lashes
Length fades in less than an hour with the droop of the curl

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2013 1:18:00 AM More reviews by schoolgirl101

I normally gravitate toward only waterproof mascaras because my eyes water like crazy but decided to try out a water resistant one and was really curious about clump crusher. This does not smudge on me which is amazing considering that a lot of the waterproof mascaras I have tried smudge (Maybelline Full and Soft, Almay Get Up and Grow, Covergirl LashBlast Volume). I like the rubber wand and how well the rubber stopper does and getting the excess mascara off. This is a good product. Holding a curl isn't too bad but not the best. I curl my lashes lightly after application for better staying power.