L'Oreal Dermo Expertise Gentle Eye Make Up Remover for Eyes and Lips

2.8

on 2/12/2008 8:33:00 PM

The bottle look so nice, and when I got to use it.. it didn't not remove my eye makeup at all and I just threw it out after a few uses.

on 2/10/2008 10:04:00 PM

I love this remover!
NB; I never use waterproof makeup so if you do, this product won't do anything for you. Now, if you're like me and prefer makeup that will wash off, this is a great eye makeup remover. It doesn't irritate my eyes and it has a nice smell of roses (if you're allergic to prefume obviously this isn't a good thing). Mascara comes off easily without any rubbing or dragging or loss of lashes. Just dampen a cotton pad/ball and press lightly against lashes/eyelids and the makeup will come off. Packaging is ok, price is low for such a good product. Have bought 3-4 bottles of this a year since I first discovered it. Will buy more!

on 12/24/2007 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Didn't like this at all. Didn't really remove my makeup. I was wearing eyeshadow and non-waterproof mascara, and it removed neither, although it did smudge everything around the eye area very nicely. And although it's supposed to be "gentle" it stung my eye area and left it feeling rather dry. Even after all the stinging and rinsing and wiping, there was still eyeshadow glitter/shimmer around my eyes. Now I'm currently using Biore, and I like it so much better.

on 12/10/2007 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I did not like this product at all, I bought this in sheer desperation one night when they were out of my Neutrogena. It does not take eye makeup off very well at all. I swear by the time I worked my eye area, both eyes were so smeared and raccoon dark, I looked like I had been a few rounds in the ring with Mike Tyson. If anything I swear all it did was redistibute my eye makeup to be smeared all over my face and I went through 1/5 of the bottle and 6 extra large cotton balls and it kept looking worse. I actually had to wash my face with another cleanser (Biore works great) to get the remaining smeared makeup off. On a brighter note, I have found that this was good for any area of my face other than the eye area, but that's where the majority of my makeup is worn- the eyes!....so in reality what good it is really? Maybe I just got spoiled by some of the other products I use, but removing makeup shouldn't be this much work. I won't buy this again...I would resort to soap and water before I use this on my face again. I wish I liked it because the price is very reasonable. I don't agree with "you get what you pay for" because my Neutrogena Oil Free Remover is priced almost the same and works ten times better.

on 12/2/2007 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Thank god I got this free... This is like water and fragrance. It does absolutely nothing to remove my eye make-up and I don't wear waterproof. The makeup only spread all around my eyes and stay put on my skin. The packaging is okay though, nothing spectacular for a makeup remover and the price is pretty good too, It is probably the only reason I gave it a 1/5. As for removing eye makeup, it is terrible.

I've kept on trying different removers till I found this product two years ago. I agree, apart from being unable to tackle water-proof mascara, this is a perfect product: nice subtle aroma, gentle enough never irritates my skin. Quite an ideal daily solution. It's now a daily necessity.

on 11/25/2007 6:00:00 PM

I got this as a free-sample a long time ago, and I found it worked pretty well if you only have a bit of eyeshadow on, because it comes right off. But, if you are like me and wear water proof eyeliner and mascara, it dosn't work at all. It took alot of tugging and alot of the remover to get my mascara and eyeliner off, and I don't even wear that much. It IS very gentle though, and there is no greasy feel. If you wear water-proof eye makeup or alot of mascara, I recommend an Loreal's oil-based makeup remover.

on 10/31/2007 11:46:00 AM

Terrible! Burned my eyes and didn't remove my make-up! Ouch!! Back to my Cetaphil and a washcloth!

on 10/16/2007 7:58:00 PM

I have used this one for many years and it works fine for removing my eye liner and mascara. (I don't wear waterproof mascara.) I prefer Clinique's Take the Day Off, but don't like to spend that much on remover (L'Oreal's costs about $6).

***My biggest tip with this one is....As soon as I open a new bottle of this I pour the contents into an empty Clinique Take The Day Off bottle. The opening on the L'Oreal bottle is annoyingly huge and it wastes a lot of product. It wasn't until I had knocked the bottle over on the bathroom counter several times, wasting almost all of the remover, that I came up with a solution. If l'Oreal won't change the packaging, then I will! The Clinique bottle is the perfect size to soak a cotton ball without wasting solution.

Easy to use, no stinging and there you go! Make-up free! Seems good to me and I will probably repurchase.