September 16, 2014 | 1892 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Maestro Fusion Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by notevangelista

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Having used the Givenchy Photoperfexion, the Bobbi Brown skin foundation, I decided that I wanted to try a new, lighter foundation that would give my skin a flawless finish. Keeping this in mind, I went for Maestro, it's velvety finish and perfect colour match (4.5 for me) being the thing that tipped me over to the counter!

I must say that I thankfully, do not suffer from skin problems of any kind, apart from under-eye circles and the bottom of my nose having the tendency to clog up from time to time. However, this nothing a little mask can't fix. I do get the rare break-out, but apart from that, there are no issues. What I'm getting at here is that this foundation, being super-lightweight and sheer is perhaps not the most ideal for people with major skin issues. If you have relatively well-behaved skin, then I do recommend this foundation to you, if you're looking for something that is not heavy, but really adds radiance to the complexion.

Having dry skin, I do some serious moisturization before I go about applying this foundation, and if I don't do this properly, the foundation does look patchy and strange. I start off by applying a lightweight facial lotion, the Kanebo Sensai brightening face cream, the Kiehl's avocado eye treatment under my eye, and then finish off with the foundation. I find that this creates a good make-up base for me to work from.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by ladyling

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I don't like wearing make up, as I have very acne prone skin with t-zone getting very very shiny by mid-day. However, I've noticed that my skin has become very uneven toned so have been looking for a foundation that's easy to apply.

This Maestro fusion foundation is amazing. To be truthful, I had only tried using Bobbi Brown stick foundation, Prescriptives liquid foundation, and one of Clinique's liquid foundations good for oily skin, with all of them looking olly and slick by midday and with obvious creasing into fine lines by the end of the day. There's none of that with the fusion foundation. Yes it does accentuate any dry areas on the skin, but when it settles in - it looks absolutely natural, evens out my tone (gets rid of any redness) and makes my skin look better and healthier and brighter. It is sheer to medium coverage, so I do need my Mac studio finish concealer, but I love how it makes my face look better without its many blemishes and marks without looking like I'm wearing any make up. And I find that my t-zone doesn't get as shiny, even without a primer. It certainly doesn't make me break out and is very easy to apply with my fingers. I only need 3-4 drops to cover my whole face. I love it. It is the first foundation I've used to not have settled into my fine lines under the eyes after a whole day of wearing it. I don't use powder either to set the foundation.

Overall, I'd repurchase, even though it is quite expensive.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Lobbery

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I want to like this and I've tried everything possible to make it work but it lacks coverage and adaptability. I don't have dryness that ever shows up, only when I wear this. With a lot of heavy moisturiser underneath it won't show the dryness but there just isn't any coverage. Building wont make it look Cakey but just Wont do anything. Yes, you look like you're not wearing foundation but you're getting very few of the benefits of foundation with this. Try if you've oily skin with no imperfections to cover. It should look lovely on you.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Anouk4385

This is my first review. I felt like I had to write it because this was a really bad foundation for my retin a treated skin. Like a few other reviewers already mentioned it literally emphazised every single flake of dry skin I had and fine lines appeared to be so much more obvious. I looked much worse wearing this than not wearing any foundation at all! The only thing I have to say is that the color match was really great for my fair, yellow toned skin. Too bad it looked so dry once I applied. So definately wont recommend for retin a treated, dry skin!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2013 3:37:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

My skintype: Normal, with oily t-zone. Decently clear with some blackheads around the nose, and a few dark spots. Have dark undereye circles.
My skintone: Light neutral/slightly golden. Can usually wear NC20 in MAC, though in some formulations have to wear NW20. Usually wear NARS Deauville.

I initially purchased this in November, but have waited all these months to review it because I had a love-hate relationship. I think the problem was that the MA said I should use #3, which, in all actuality, is a bit too light for my skintone once it "sets." Interestingly, the colors in Maestro run a bit differently than Luminou Silk, and seem to get lighter as they set, rather than traditional foundation that tend to get darker as they oxidize.

The #3 is a nice neutral - probably best suited for skintones no darker than NC/NW15. I found that because it was too pale for my skin, it seemed to actually accentuate any dark spots/imperfections. After doing some research online (The Beauty Professor blog has a great review on this which shows all of the swatches), I later picked up samples of #4 and #5, which made me instantly love this foundation.

The #4 would be perfect for NC20'ish skintones. It has a slight yellow tone. The #5 would be great for NW20'ish girls, as it runs slightly more pink. On the skin, however, both work quite well and seem to blend in.

A few notes on the packaging and texture... you definitely have to shake it up, and yes, the dropper bottle is annoying... mostly because as you're putting the dropper back in the bottle, it seems to push out the excess on the outside of the dropper. (Kind of hard to explain, but if you see the package, you will understand.) It feels like a lightweight dry oil, and all I use is 3-4 drops on my entire face. I basically start in the middle of my face and pat/gently rub outwards. It literally takes 10 seconds to apply. Because it is so lightweight, I don't have to think about blending or stippling. I usually just do one layer, but I've tried layering another layer on top, and it seems to be ok/doesn't get cakey.

As mentioned before, I have an oily t-zone, and Maestro does not set into pores or make me super oily through the day, which is a HUGE deal for me. Addtionally, it does not make me break out, and is easy to remove at night.

Just a few tips... make sure your skin is well exfoliated and moisturized before applying Maestro, as other MUA'ers have noted. For me, I like to use Bobbi Brown's Vitamin Enriched Face Base first, then layer on my Shiseido Urban Environment sunscreen and then use Maestro. I've also used it over the Josie Maran daily sunblock lotion, and it works wel with that, too. Also, you will need concealer with this if you have super dark spots or dark circles. I use the Maestro corrector *beforehand* on my dark undereye circles. For acne scars or other things like that, I use Urban Decay's 24/7 concealer pencil.

Overall, I love this product! continued >>

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2013 9:45:00 AM More reviews by Viviannle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried liking this foundation, hearing positive reviews on it for oily skin I wanted to give it a try, so I went to ask a Giorgio Armani SA and she put some serum, primer and the foundation it felt so light and felt like I had bare skin, so I took a sample.
After 30mins it became so oily (as I have super oily skin) I thought it was just the products she had used on me, but I applied this foundation on my skin with a dense flat top brush with and without (oil-free) primer it just didn't control my oil as good as I thought it would.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by finnie

Love this foundation. I have had such a difficult time trying to find a good foundation for myself due to my problematic skin. I tend not to suffer so much from acne anymore, apart from the occasional spots due to hormones (and some products) but I've still got some red scars left that I want to cover. My skin also has the tendency to get really dry on few place while being very oily at the same time. And I've also got very large pores and uneven skintone. So to sum up, my skin isn't ideal. This foundation however makes it look as close to ideal as I think it can while still looking natural. It is not full coverage, I do still need to apply concealer on a couple of my red marks, but I definitely prefer my foundation to look natural as opposed to a full coverage mask. It also does not feel on your skin. At all. And I love love love applying it too, it glides on so smoothly when applied with fingers. Definitely worth a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2013 2:06:00 PM More reviews by mtyt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm an NC15/20, Chanel B10, acne prone and quite oily. I loved this when i first got it. the sales lady at put it on the back of my hand and i was in love, number 3 matches me well. the coverage isnt great. i'd say a light to medium and not exactly buildable. i do like the dry-oil kind of texture though.. didnt break me out or clog my pores but i am quite diligent with my cleansing. As for how long it lasts, not that great but i might just be oily. i do set it with a powder though.. i think this product is only great for people with good skin to start with. It is a bit expensive though so i wouldnt buy it again, atleast not until my skin condition improves.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2013 11:38:00 AM More reviews by dhanatthar2013

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was looking for a foundation that would give me a natural look with medium coverage. I am a current user of Shu Uemura Face Architect Smoothing Fluid Foundation, but i heard so many people told me to try Giorgio Armani Foundation. So, i decided to look for one. As a result, I absolutely LOVE LOVE this Giorgio Armani foundation!

At first i was going to get the luminous silk formula but then when i read some reviews about this Maestro Fusion formula, I decided to give it a try (since it was new so i though the technology should be better and all). The foundation is super easy to apply and, very smooth, feels really nice when apply on your face. I live in a very hot and humid country, and my face gets oily very easily, but this foundation keeps my face looking very smooth and flawless throughout the day! It only gets oily on the T-zone area, had to dap the oil off my face only once (which normally i had to do a 2-3 times a day). It didn't give me pimples or rash after using which is great because my skin is super sensitive, other foundation brand i've used before would give me small pimples after using a few times but Giorgio Armani Maestro didn't! I am using this in colour number 3, matches my skin colour PERFECTLY!!

Bottle and Packaging:
The very first time i opened the bottle I thought the dropper thing was abit inconvenient but because the foundation was very liquidly and runny so i understand why the dropper head would be more suitable. The bottle itself has very nice touch to it, smooth and matte texture. It is small in size which is very easy to put in the make-up bag for when travelling.

Overall, the price is quite high but totally worth the money! I would recommend this formula to anyone who want that natural flawless skin look. A good definition for this product would be "KOREAN ACTRESS NATURAL FLAWLESS SKIN LOOK!!".

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2013 10:59:00 PM More reviews by 6747

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation. I have normal skin but very fair. Have never found a foundation to match the very light golden tones I have. This matches so well that blending is so easy. Love too that I can use my fingers. Don't understand why some are saying that it doesn't cover dry spots they are using moisturizer I hope. It is everything I have been looking for ! Am an armani fan now. Nothing else can compare to this !

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No