Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion Makeup

(Active Ingredient : Octinoxate 3%) • Cyclohexasiloxane • Dimethicone • Isododecane • Alcohol Denat • Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer • Phenyl Trimethicone • Acrylates/Polytrimethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer • PEG-10 Dimethicone • Disteardimonium Hectorite • Fragrance • Nelumbium Speciosum Flower Extract • Limonene • Benzyl Salicylate • Synthetic Fluorphlogopite • Linalool • Benzyl Alcohol • Propylene Carbonate • Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride • Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate • Water • Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Flower Oil • Butylphenyl Methylpropional • Aluminium Hydroxide • Hexyl Cinnamal +/- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide • CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 7/12/2013 3:38:00 PM

I opted to buy this having read such great reviews, but have also seen that it does not work well for dry skin, which I have in the Winter, so I didn't start using it until the weather warmed around May.

So far, I have enjoyed the product very much. It provides a sheer coverage, yet, when you wait a few minutes for it to set, it does give you a special glow and it seems to cover more than it did when I first applied.

- It feels feather light on the skin
- Adheres to well-moisturized skin and on my good skin days, it gives me a flawless look
- I like that it's matte on my skin
- Dropper packaging ensures no cross contamination
- Even though the colour is a little off from my skin, I do believe it colour-corrects so it matches, and I do not see a difference from my natural skin colour
- Very easy to apply

- On days where my skin is reacting to the weather and feels dry, it doesn't adhere very well to the skin and can highlight dry patches
- The website says to use 3 drops, I see other reviewers use 2 drops, I'm using about 5 - 6 drops, and I think that is still a sheer coverage

I think it is a great product. It is more expensive, but for the quality of the results, I am happy to pay a bit more for something I apply daily to my face!

on 7/6/2013 3:52:00 PM

I have worn this makeup for 10 days straight... Best merger of oil and color and i dont sweat it off in the Texas Houston swamp heat. Packaging is different, but after you use the eye dropper to just get the small amount you need, it works well. This makeup slides on with a great thin coverage. I dont use powder and it serves as my eye shadow base as well... High holy grail foundation so far for me!

on 6/26/2013 1:47:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I've been using this product regularly for the past six months and I would not purchase this foundation again despite its good qualities.
The good:
Consistency - it is very runny and you don't need very much to cover your face, the thinness of this won't settle into fine lines and I can actually apply it under my eyes
Natural - as long as you don't go overboard, this can look undetectable
Longevity - after a 13 hour shift, it's still mostly in place
Color Match - all GA products in shade #2 are a perfect match for me, this is no exception
Noncomedogenic - It doesn't take much to break me out, and this has never offended my skin
The bad:
Dry skin - this will adhere to any dry patches or skin flakies that you didn't know you had and exacerbate areas of dryness
Coverage - light/medium coverage. This comes down to personal preference I know, but I prefer a slightly fuller coverage foundation
The price - $62 is pretty spendy for it not to be perfect

Now reading that, you'll notice I have more good to say about the product than bad but adhering to dry skin is a big deal breaker for me. GA Lasting Silk continues to be my HG foundation - I prefer the coverage, finish and the fact it doesn't exacerbate any dryness. It looks better longer and LS is the only foundation that can make my skin look almost flawless.

on 6/25/2013 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I always try a new foundation when my current one runs out & this one is all the rage at the moment so I decided to give it a try. Packaging is great, I think. Sleek and the droplet is very precise so you don't really waste any product ever! The foundation itself is VERY light and sheer. Not ideal for a girl with breakouts (me) but it'll do. It also is NOT a buildable foundation really, so you can't exactly build up coverage. The lady who sold it to me told me that this is a foundation that is better to be applied with by hand but I found it to be quite the opposite. I had difficulty getting it all over my face with my hands and really blending it into my skin. Using a makeup brush allows you to apply more product & much more evenly. The product leaves your skin feeling IMPECCABLY smooth and silky and leave a soft matte quite natural finish. I put it on and tell my boyfriend I am not wearing face makeup and he completely believes me. It gives you the best possible version of your skin. If you are looking for a foundation with light coverage, definitely give this a try

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

This is a total champ!. Despite perspiring and wiping droplet of sweat off my face during my entire journey to work. (i thought i will look like hell after i reached office.). My makeup DID NOT MELT, it stayed exactly the same. It withstand the rideculous hot and humid weather of Singapore in the month of June.

initailly I was not impressed after I first bought, but i persisted and kept trying applying with different moisturiser, sunblock and primer. Finally, I found my best application method.

After cleansed and toned, I use LRP Hydraphase light fluid moisturiser, followed by Nuxe Brightening Prgm Daily UV Protection and Clarins Beauty Flash Balm as a primer. Using fingers and spreaded out from centre of my face. I did a second layer only on areas that needs slight more coverage Lightly dust off with Chanel loose powder and Skindinavia MU spray.

on 6/19/2013 2:29:00 PM

this is the best foundation i have ever used. i am very picky about foundations, having tried lancome, nars, bobbi brown, clinique and mac and this is by far the best i have tried. mainly because it has dramatically improved the condition of my skin- i used to get a couple of spots every week - since using this, i have had had no spots (3 months now) not even hormonal ones. a couple of nights i have gone to bed without taking it off (bad, i know) but actually i have woken up with much better looking skin than usual -not a good habit but nice to see it is actually good for skin.

it is very sheer, so not ideal if you want full coverage. however, it feels amazing on my skin and the colour match is perfect. it is much lighter in texture than any other foundation i have tried so it is very easy to apply and feels like you are not wearing any foundation at all. you can layer it to get a stronger coverage, but i have found that you need to wait a bit (at least 10 mins) in between layers to really build it.
it is also very long lasting - really does stay on all day. you don't need to use very much, a little drop goes a long way, so its not as expensive as it first seems. i have found that it actually works better without a primer and when applied with fingers, so this more another expense spared.
the little dropper bottle is also great, it means that you can dispense a little at a time and you don't have to touch the dropper therefore avoiding any bacteria getting onto it from fingers.
i am so glad i have found this, it is a real game changer for me.

on 6/9/2013 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I use this foundation daily. It provides buildable coverage that looks natural. I use 4.5 for my fair, pinkish tone skin. One bottle lasts 7 months. I use 2 drops and apply with my fingers. The foundation spreads easily and doesn't set too quickly. There is a faint sunblock smell but fades once the makeup sets. I will continue to purchase.
I moved to this foundation after Laura Mercier reformulated the oil-free foundation and glad I did. No looking back.

on 6/8/2013 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I wish there was a maybe button because I'm not sure I would buy this again. The texture is super smooth and it doesn't take much work to blend. I'd rather have a pump than a dropper. I have normal to dry skin and initially it feels wonderful and moisturizing. Later in the day it shows up flakes a little. I would probably default to the Face Fabric instead because I tend to prefer LM TM or Becca LSC.

on 5/19/2013 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I was undecided whether to give this three or four lippies. I DO like this foundations but it is not the holy grail that people claim it it.

Pros: I love the texture, the feel and the way it blends. It is by far the most natural looking foundation I have ever tried. Even at 46 years old I still tend to break out occasionally. I was hesitant to try an oil based foundation but this did not make me break out at all. The color is perfection.

Cons: if I am a little dry and flakey, the foundation emphasizes the dryness. I thought that was pretty strange for an oil based foundation. I evaluate my skin every morning, and if I have some dry spots, I will not use Maestro. The biggest downside is the packaging. I took it with me on vacation, and the air pressure on the plane caused the dropper to pop open. It got all over the rest of my makeup. I returned it and got a new one, but once again the dropper came off (Not on a plane this time) and spilled all over. Some of it got in my sink and it was near impossible to wash away with just soap and water which makes me wonder if it is really washing off my face!!!

So, like every other foundation I have mixed feelings but will continue to use Maestro until something better comes along.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

The Lexus of liquid makeups. Smells a lot like alcohol but doesn['t seem to dry out my skin (which is very dry). The color is great, coverage is great..... and you can make it heavier or lighter. Lasts all day with a minor fix for oiliness midday.... (not serious, just a little). Love this makeup, after having used powder mineral stuff for years.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Foundation - Tony Moly CC Cream vs. Hera UV BB Mist vs. Armani Maestro vs. Armani Face Fabric by Josephine Chiu

Top Rated Giorgio Armani Products