October 2, 2014 | 944 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Rebel Lipstick

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2013 3:26:00 PM More reviews by AnikaAnswer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lipstick is a great color for tan skin if you want an intense look. The reason why I won't buy this again is because there are so many dupes for this lipstick I can get for a cheaper price.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2013 11:17:00 AM More reviews by chengyau

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought it for Rm68 in Malaysia. Before knowing the price I thought it would be freaking expensive. I went crazy when the sales person told me the price. I bought 2 other colours that day. Love the colour. Not so much of the packaging. Now I wear this everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by krcb4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Awesome for me. Day or night. Work or play. Best purple for my neutral-warm nc45ish skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by MissLilyRhiannon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I recently purchased this lipstick for $36 AUD (eep) It has been on my wishlist for so long, however I always bought more "wearable" neutrals/pinks. I saw this on Tanya Burr and absolutely fell in love, however I was always hesitant because I am so fair, and completely different colourings to Tanya.
However, this colour looks incredible even on me, as well as my NW40 friend, so it really suits all skin tones.
I have dark brown hair, NC15-20 skin and blue/green eyes and it really brings out all my features beautifully.
It is a berry/plumy almost pinky/purple on me, however on my friend it is a very vampy purple. It looks scary in the tube, however it swatches beautifully, if you have the chance please swatch it!
It's also definatly wearable especially in Autumn Winter, and blotted down to a sheer berry in Summer/Spring.
Definatly repurchasing this one when it runs out!
xx

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2013 1:45:00 PM More reviews by beccastar69

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this lipstick! I line my lip first with Currant Lip Liner and then I apply Rebel and its just perfection! I am NC40 & I just can't stop receiving compliments on my lips when I use this. Will definitely buy this again in a heart beat!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2013 1:30:00 AM More reviews by xjuliannaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay, I love this lipstick!! But as of this day.. I think I lost it and I only bought it two weeks ago! If Its not in my friend's car.. I'm repurchasing it. Great with magenta lip liner!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2013 9:17:00 PM More reviews by cpkgirl1116

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Rebel is a dark reddish plumberry MAC lippie. Its not too over powerful & not too calm. I probably wear it 1 or 2x a week, prefer Friday. Its like a glam/goth look in one. Its a bold color so I'd try to wear it with simple eye makeup.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2013 4:52:00 PM More reviews by Pr33tyKaptain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Grey

i'm nw15 with dark hair and green eyes and this does not cut it for me. on me it looks hot fuschia and i prefer deeper colors like cyber and prince noir. however this looks amazing on tan skin tones.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by waffles85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

ok... love this lipstick but who felt the need to put up a pic of their crusty lips (second pic)
just lost my appetite

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2013 2:57:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I knew that Rebel had a crazy high rating here at MUA and so I checked it out in store a few months ago. The SA put it on me and, to be honest, I wasn't thrilled about it. My skin is very fair and my hair and eyes dark so in theory this should be a great lipstick colour on me. Well, maybe if I were 15 or 20 years younger. But I felt it looked harsh and made me think of this mom from years back when my kids (now young adults) were in primary school and this mom - also very pale and not exactly in "the first flush of youth" - wore a very deep blue red lipstick that looked really aging on her (as a dyed in the wool makeup addict, I've always love and noticed strong lipstick colours but couldn't help noticing that this shade was not flattering on this woman). So, fast forward to a few months back and there I was, feeling that I looked just like this woman did.

BUT....I had to bring a cosmetics purchase up to $75 so went over to MAC to purchase two lippies for this purpose and I decided "What the hell....I'll be a rebel and buy Rebel." I don't wear it often and when I do, I apply with a light hand and rather than going light on the eye (as many would do with a red lip), I do make a point of going a bit intense on the eye and cheek as well, not so much to compete with the lip colour as to balance it out so it doesn't look quite so harsh and aging. With a bit of attention to detail, I can wear this but, at this point, I doubt this would be a "repurchase" for me since I'll be older still by the time I use this one up!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No