April 18, 2014 | 1865 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte - Saddle

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2009 11:30:00 AM More reviews by jaden08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Perfect, perfect neutral color for everyday with my other beloved tempting eyeshadow. Saddle is what i run to when i don't want to be dramatic and more of a everyday kind of woman. It's a matte brown with hints of peach and somewhat orange, i wear it in the crease with black tied lined on my upper lids, duck eyeliner in my waterline and tons of mascara, i use my nw35 concealer as highlight and im good to go, nc45. Highly reccommend if you want a soft understated professional look. Will buy again but not anytime soon as i prefer smokey eyes on a regular basis.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2009 10:15:00 PM More reviews by jrc82

So I've been really wanting just a regular matte brown color that I can wear to work and it's not too dark, but dark enough so that it looks like I have SOMETHING on my lids. I went to the CCO over the weekend and I came upon this color and I bought it for $10.50! It's EXACTLY what I was looking for. Just a plain medium brown color, no glitter, no shimmer, just color. I highly recommend seeking out this color if you are like me and prefer neutral/brown looks on your eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2009 12:39:00 AM More reviews by mnf4ever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a matte brown e/s that is perfect for contouring!!! I use it in the hallows of my cheeks (to make it look like I have higher cheekbones), along the sides of my nose (to make it look like I have a more defined nose--plastic surgery without the plastic or the surgery!!), and in the creases of my eyes to give them more definition when I'm in a hurry and don't have time to do a full eye shadow application! A little goes a long way, so you don't have to pack it onto the brush. I use this shadow on a daily basis and so far it has lasted me an entire year and I'm barely hitting pan. I will definitely repurchase when i run out. I am NC35 with golden olive undertones for reference.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2009 7:56:00 AM More reviews by jhadiq

I bought this on a whim since it was on discount at the CCO. At first, I thought this might be too warm on me (it is a vibrant medium brown with orange), but now this has become my go-to everyday color when I'm in a hurry. For a basic everyday look that doesn't take much time, I spread Bare Study Paint Pot from lashline to brow, then put Saddle in the crease and outer corner. Blend, and I'm good to go. This is a matte, vibrant brown that really provides a nice contrast with my very dark brown eyes - I wouldn't have expected this, but this color makes my brown eyes pop! Maybe it's the orange in it that does this, but that seems counterintuitive. Well, don't know why it works, but it does! A nice choice if you want an alternative to plain brown. As with all MAC shadows, it has pigmentation and blend-ability for a matte shade, too. For reference, I am MAC NC25-30

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2009 3:43:00 PM More reviews by nettimacs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

one of my favourite brown eyeshadow, however i am not using it every day as it is a bit too heavy for me but for going out it is amazing combined with pigments:DD definately repurchase:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2008 7:06:00 PM More reviews by definesinister

Saddle has become one of my staples. Very versatile. Everyday use, I use paradisco all over the lid, soft brown on top of paradisco, saddle in the crease, then charcoal brown or coquette in the inner v. Very pretty for everyday. This can be used as a blending color for smokey eyes. Best paired with purples. I use it above the crease for the gradual fade. Personally I prefer this over soft brown for that effect since soft brown is more skin tone. Yay to saddle!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2008 6:05:00 AM More reviews by dlbd2k06

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a basic neutral medium brown. It is boring looking in the pot, but this is one of the top three shadows I reach for the most. I wear this when I want a daytime look or when I wear a more colorful lip. I use Shroom as a base, then Saddle in the crease, outer v and lower lashline. Will keep on buying this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2008 8:33:00 PM More reviews by marielle78

I wear this eyeshadow almost everyday. It is the perfect crease color for my NC45 complexion. Even when I want a darker crease I start with this and then deepen the outer corners of my eyes with a darker shadow like Carbon, Embark or Espresso. Saddle is the perfect bridge to blend any color into my skin. Most of the other brownish shades that I've tried have been too red, but this is more of a yellow based brown. It's not an exciting looking shadow in the pan, but it is worth a try.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2008 3:01:00 AM More reviews by Scottish72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LUV this matte shadow! It's got a natural red/brown tone to it and looks great as a crease color for my ultra pale skintone. It builds and blends well, has great staying/wear power and enhances my eye color very well. Yet to be disappointed with any MAC matte shadow. ;-) Thumbs up on this shadow!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2008 12:23:00 AM More reviews by kayemarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great natural shade for the crease. I like using this in my crease and then layering a darker shade in the corner. It's a nice warm brown that looks nice layered with a variety of colors. This is one of my everyday staples!