October 1, 2014 | 1801 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte - Saddle

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2009 9:43:00 PM More reviews by Crista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Getting closer to my perfect brown e/s, although this is not quite it. It is a lovely toasted shade of brown, and one of my favorite matte shades. When I need a simple every day look, this is my go-to shadow.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2009 7:00:00 PM More reviews by imzadi14

Saddle, where have you been all my MAC loving life? I have been wearing mac shadows for at least 15 years and I have 4 palettes of 15 shadows plus assorted exclusives and this one never even registered on my radar...but is my new favorite. It makes my brownish gold eyes pop, it looks professional and polished with just about any color I have paired it with. I am an NC 25-30 and I know that I will never be with out this color. It always seemed too orange until a helpful MA was rather insistant that it would be a good color for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2009 1:58:00 PM More reviews by chanel2110

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one MAC shadow I'd definitely buy again. I have so many colors that I probably won't ever hit pan on anything else... except for this little gem! It goes with absolutely everything. I use it as my best friend color, in the crease and along the lower part of my upper lid. Spectacular. I always want to kick myself whenever I forget to put it on in the morning.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2009 9:23:00 PM More reviews by kaymit90

I just bought this a few days ago. I saw one of the MAC MUA wear this on her crease and asked her what it is. I love it! This is a warm reddish brown which is perfect for my Asian yellow-based skin tone. It's great as a crease color. It's perfect on its own for a simple everyday look, or pair it with light pink on the lid. (asian, nc25)

I also have Wedge. Saddle is a more interesting brown than Wedge. But don't get me wrong, Wedge is great too. It's a versatile brown.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2009 6:30:00 PM More reviews by jthiara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect crease color for an everyday, neutral look for me. No shimmer--just a medium, matte brown, that goes perfect with my skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2009 11:30:00 AM More reviews by jaden08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Perfect, perfect neutral color for everyday with my other beloved tempting eyeshadow. Saddle is what i run to when i don't want to be dramatic and more of a everyday kind of woman. It's a matte brown with hints of peach and somewhat orange, i wear it in the crease with black tied lined on my upper lids, duck eyeliner in my waterline and tons of mascara, i use my nw35 concealer as highlight and im good to go, nc45. Highly reccommend if you want a soft understated professional look. Will buy again but not anytime soon as i prefer smokey eyes on a regular basis.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2009 10:15:00 PM More reviews by jrc82

So I've been really wanting just a regular matte brown color that I can wear to work and it's not too dark, but dark enough so that it looks like I have SOMETHING on my lids. I went to the CCO over the weekend and I came upon this color and I bought it for $10.50! It's EXACTLY what I was looking for. Just a plain medium brown color, no glitter, no shimmer, just color. I highly recommend seeking out this color if you are like me and prefer neutral/brown looks on your eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2009 12:39:00 AM More reviews by mnf4ever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a matte brown e/s that is perfect for contouring!!! I use it in the hallows of my cheeks (to make it look like I have higher cheekbones), along the sides of my nose (to make it look like I have a more defined nose--plastic surgery without the plastic or the surgery!!), and in the creases of my eyes to give them more definition when I'm in a hurry and don't have time to do a full eye shadow application! A little goes a long way, so you don't have to pack it onto the brush. I use this shadow on a daily basis and so far it has lasted me an entire year and I'm barely hitting pan. I will definitely repurchase when i run out. I am NC35 with golden olive undertones for reference.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2009 7:56:00 AM More reviews by jhadiq

I bought this on a whim since it was on discount at the CCO. At first, I thought this might be too warm on me (it is a vibrant medium brown with orange), but now this has become my go-to everyday color when I'm in a hurry. For a basic everyday look that doesn't take much time, I spread Bare Study Paint Pot from lashline to brow, then put Saddle in the crease and outer corner. Blend, and I'm good to go. This is a matte, vibrant brown that really provides a nice contrast with my very dark brown eyes - I wouldn't have expected this, but this color makes my brown eyes pop! Maybe it's the orange in it that does this, but that seems counterintuitive. Well, don't know why it works, but it does! A nice choice if you want an alternative to plain brown. As with all MAC shadows, it has pigmentation and blend-ability for a matte shade, too. For reference, I am MAC NC25-30

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2009 3:43:00 PM More reviews by nettimacs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

one of my favourite brown eyeshadow, however i am not using it every day as it is a bit too heavy for me but for going out it is amazing combined with pigments:DD definately repurchase:)