Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Foaming Cleanser

3.3

Water, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Lauryl Glucoside, Potassium Accylates Copolymer, PEG 120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Fragrance

on 6/12/2013 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this for three days now, and this is probably the first time in maybe my whole life that I don't have flakes on my face. I can even blow my nose without kicking up flakes. I even went without using a moisturizer today as a test..but it does work great with my Neutrogena Oil Free for Sensitive Skin. True, there is a fragrance, but once you are done washing you are done with smelling it. Seems to fully remove full cover concealer and all of my foundation with no issues. Prior to this, I used Cetaphil for Oily Skin as my go-to and I did find it more drying and less able to remove makeup.

Edit: My mom and I started using this at the same time, and we're both breaking out for the past week. My mom is 61 and doesn't get acne anymore and I haven't gotten acne this severe in I don't know HOW many years. It* has* been in the 90s here, but...I'd consider this cleanser a possible acne contributor and will discontinue use for now. Too bad...

Changing my review...it gave me a dermatitis patch on my face

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Before starting this product, I'd been having a few-years-running problem keeping my face clean and exfoliated without incurring the wrath of my skin's sensitivity. Basically, everything was either too drying or not cleansing enough - on particularly bad days, I somehow managed to have flakes and pimples both. I started the Ultra Gentle Foaming Cleanser about 3 weeks ago, and seem to have lucked out this time. It's glycerin-based. After the first week or so of use, my face has looked much less red and splotchy, with generally fewer breakouts and no need to moisturize unless I wash with hot water. I now exfoliate once a week using this cleanser and a L'Oreal scrubby pad. On an everyday basis, UGFC does indeed foam, which makes my face feel really clean (almost that "squeaky clean" feeling); with Spectro Jel or Cetaphil, my face never actually felt clean, and would often break out promptly afterward. My one gripe: you'd think a product that claims to be for sensitive skin would be fragrance-free, but UGFC isn't. It has a light, pleasant scent that coincidentally smells just like of one of my favorite perfumes, MOR Tahitian Bronze. It's a not-overpowering, beachy tropical floral, and will be especially pleasant for summer. I like that UGFC comes in a big pump, as I go through cleanser fairly quickly.

on 5/16/2013 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Ok so I'm on a quest to find the perfect facial cleanser for my sensitive skin. I saw this facial cleanser and saw the words "Ultra Gentle". The bottle states that it's dermatologist developed for sensitive skin. It also promises not to over dry skin. This is the worst so-called sensitive skin facial wash I have ever used. Why would Neutrogena advertise this product as being "Ultra Gentle" for sensitive skin. This has a strong fragrance and fragrance is one of the biggest irritants of sensitive skin. I don't understand why they would add a fragrance to this product. This burned when I washed my face with it. It made my face tight, dry, red and irritated. It doesn't lather well or remove make up well. This product is not cheap I paid almost $10 for this. I ended up returning this and getting my money back. Horrible product! I really expected a much better high quality product. This is such a shame because I use and love many other Neutrogena products...

Horrible!!!!! Ultra gentle? Yeah, right! It dried my skin out worse than anything thing I've ever tried. After using it a couple times It left me with red dry patches everywhere for about week.

on 5/8/2013 8:00:00 PM

I have been using this cleanser for about a month but will not repurchase. I find it does not do a great job of removing eye makeup (I have to really scrub, which can't be good for the skin around my eyes). It also leaves my skin feeling somewhat tight and dehydrated.

on 5/6/2013 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Out of all the sensitive skin/gentle type cleansers, I like this the most. It does a good job and I like the clean packaging. It doesn't burn my eyes like Olay, and it's more convenient to buy than Acne.org cleanser.

on 4/24/2013 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

ok...I have been on that journey again. The search for the perfect, non irritating, non clogging cleanser.
I don't really go over this too often so I will here:
My skin since I hit my 30's has become the bitchiest thing ever. I can't use MOST things. I have combo skin with very light KP. I tend to get clogged easily, but rarely get a full-on breakout unless something I use does it. So the clogged pores stick around forever. I am prone to millia.
Allergic to Nicinamide. A note on that; there is a very specific "papule pattern" if you will, related to Nicinamide sensitivity that is consistent in most people. If you are using something with Nicinamide and you have small, red irritated bumps in the nasolabial area, you should stop using it. That is the hallmark pattern of nicinamide sensitivity.
You're welcome.

Back to this review.

I saw this @ shopper's and for all intents and purposes it seemed right, "Ultra Gentle" it shouted. Ok. Paula B calls it a "good" option. My faith in that woman's opinion is waning.
I got it home and tried it out.
I did not get the reactive welts and weals I get but holy crow, talk about a tight face!!!
A few seconds in my eyes started to water. I'm no dummy, I do not get cleanser in my eyes. The scent was so strong and cloying that it irritated my eyes.
Can I just say simply: Hated it. Binned it. Moving on.

on 4/18/2013 3:55:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I love this cleanser! I mainly bought it for a makeup remover and to wash my brushes with and it isn't too bad for that. I can get my waterproof mascara off with it. ;] I feel like it really does clean my skin and it foams very nicely. ;D I like it! Some people dislike the fragrance (mainly because it shouldn't have it since it is for sensitive skin), but I think it's lovely. I don't like the idea of rubbing fragrance on my face though, but I'll deal. Lol. I don't really have sensitive skin, I just bought it because I didn't want to jack up my face with something that isn't specifically for sensitive skin. Get what I mean?? All in all, I just use it to wash my makeup off. That's really all it is good for, in my opinion.

on 4/10/2013 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I like this cleanser quite a bit. It's very hard to find a foaming cleanser that doesn't completely dry out your skin, and I've tried other Neutrogena cleansers that claimed to be "gentle" and were too harsh. This certainly does the job! The only thing I dislike about it is the fragrance. And it's actually not strong on my face - but somehow every time I wash my face, a tiny little bit gets in between my lips and the taste is really awful. Not a huge deterrent, but that might be irritating to someone with more sensitive skin.