Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Foaming Cleanser

3.4

Water, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Lauryl Glucoside, Potassium Accylates Copolymer, PEG 120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Fragrance

on 5/16/2013 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Ok so I'm on a quest to find the perfect facial cleanser for my sensitive skin. I saw this facial cleanser and saw the words "Ultra Gentle". The bottle states that it's dermatologist developed for sensitive skin. It also promises not to over dry skin. This is the worst so-called sensitive skin facial wash I have ever used. Why would Neutrogena advertise this product as being "Ultra Gentle" for sensitive skin. This has a strong fragrance and fragrance is one of the biggest irritants of sensitive skin. I don't understand why they would add a fragrance to this product. This burned when I washed my face with it. It made my face tight, dry, red and irritated. It doesn't lather well or remove make up well. This product is not cheap I paid almost $10 for this. I ended up returning this and getting my money back. Horrible product! I really expected a much better high quality product. This is such a shame because I use and love many other Neutrogena products...

Horrible!!!!! Ultra gentle? Yeah, right! It dried my skin out worse than anything thing I've ever tried. After using it a couple times It left me with red dry patches everywhere for about week.

on 5/8/2013 8:00:00 PM

I have been using this cleanser for about a month but will not repurchase. I find it does not do a great job of removing eye makeup (I have to really scrub, which can't be good for the skin around my eyes). It also leaves my skin feeling somewhat tight and dehydrated.

on 5/6/2013 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Out of all the sensitive skin/gentle type cleansers, I like this the most. It does a good job and I like the clean packaging. It doesn't burn my eyes like Olay, and it's more convenient to buy than Acne.org cleanser.

on 4/24/2013 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

ok...I have been on that journey again. The search for the perfect, non irritating, non clogging cleanser.
I don't really go over this too often so I will here:
My skin since I hit my 30's has become the bitchiest thing ever. I can't use MOST things. I have combo skin with very light KP. I tend to get clogged easily, but rarely get a full-on breakout unless something I use does it. So the clogged pores stick around forever. I am prone to millia.
Allergic to Nicinamide. A note on that; there is a very specific "papule pattern" if you will, related to Nicinamide sensitivity that is consistent in most people. If you are using something with Nicinamide and you have small, red irritated bumps in the nasolabial area, you should stop using it. That is the hallmark pattern of nicinamide sensitivity.
You're welcome.

Back to this review.

I saw this @ shopper's and for all intents and purposes it seemed right, "Ultra Gentle" it shouted. Ok. Paula B calls it a "good" option. My faith in that woman's opinion is waning.
I got it home and tried it out.
I did not get the reactive welts and weals I get but holy crow, talk about a tight face!!!
A few seconds in my eyes started to water. I'm no dummy, I do not get cleanser in my eyes. The scent was so strong and cloying that it irritated my eyes.
Can I just say simply: Hated it. Binned it. Moving on.

on 4/18/2013 3:55:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I love this cleanser! I mainly bought it for a makeup remover and to wash my brushes with and it isn't too bad for that. I can get my waterproof mascara off with it. ;] I feel like it really does clean my skin and it foams very nicely. ;D I like it! Some people dislike the fragrance (mainly because it shouldn't have it since it is for sensitive skin), but I think it's lovely. I don't like the idea of rubbing fragrance on my face though, but I'll deal. Lol. I don't really have sensitive skin, I just bought it because I didn't want to jack up my face with something that isn't specifically for sensitive skin. Get what I mean?? All in all, I just use it to wash my makeup off. That's really all it is good for, in my opinion.

on 4/10/2013 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I like this cleanser quite a bit. It's very hard to find a foaming cleanser that doesn't completely dry out your skin, and I've tried other Neutrogena cleansers that claimed to be "gentle" and were too harsh. This certainly does the job! The only thing I dislike about it is the fragrance. And it's actually not strong on my face - but somehow every time I wash my face, a tiny little bit gets in between my lips and the taste is really awful. Not a huge deterrent, but that might be irritating to someone with more sensitive skin.

on 2/27/2013 11:34:00 PM

In my opinion, I don't necessarily agree that this product is ultra gentle. It is a mild cleanser in terms of not having any added acne fighting ingredients such as salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, lactic acid, glycolic acid, sulfur, retinol, etc. BUT does not help clear up irritated or broken out skin.If you are trying to fight acne then i don't think this would be the cleanser to do the trick. I wash all of my makeup brushes with this cleanser and it is very gentle on them, but other than that it has not helped with my complexion at all.

on 2/27/2013 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I'm bummed about this one guys. I saw the ad for this stuff in the summertime while looking through a magazine and that I would give it a shot. I typically use and am very loyal to Yes to Cucumbers Gentle Foaming Facial Wash. I came across it at a ross for cheap and have been using it ever since. I hardly get break outs and I definitely due owe it to Yes to Cucumbers. But with that said, I was really on the hunt for something new, cheaper and larger. Yes to Cumbers is 8bucks and about half the size of Neutrogena's Ultra Gentle face wash... mind you Neutrogena's is 10bucks and double the size. It just seemed right. So I went right a head and bought it. I even bought it Neutrogena Pore Refining Cleanser (the newly formulated one without the beads) since it was a buy one get one 50% off.

So let's cut to the core. Firstly, I dont understand how people can make a product for sensitive skin with it contains fragrance. The fragrance alone is enough to irritate skin. With that said, my area around my mouth all the way to my chin looked crazy after I washed my face with this stuff. This has happened to me before with face wash but because I have using Yes to Cucumbers for so long I just wasn't ready for the come back. I'm pretty sure my Yes to Cucumbers has fragrance (sure of it actually) but they do a pretty good job at keeping all of their products paraban free and all natural. So whatever fragrance YTC uses, it's at least better than Neutro.

This was a bummer because I really wan't to like it but I can't bare to use my face as a Guinea Pig for this stuff. It's a huge bottle and one that I'm sure would last me forever but I will stick to paying 8 bucks for 3.4 FL OZ than 10 bucks for 12 FL OZ. I personally don't have the time to wait for my face to go back to normal.

I see A LOT of others are having a great time with this stuff though. Maybe I will give it about shot when it's warmer.

on 2/14/2013 7:51:00 AM

I have really dry sensitive skin and most Cleansers just strip the moisture out of my skin .
This is Specifically made for people with sensitive skin . I have Rosacea and I wash with this and use cerave moisturizer and it makes my skin soft . It's a big bottle not expensive and a little goes a long way .