Tarte Clean Slate Poreless 12 hr Perfecting Primer

3.8

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cyclohexasilixane, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Extract, Malpighia Punicifolia (Acerola) Fruit Extract, Punica Granatum Extract, Passiflora Incarnate Fruit Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Hibiscus Rosa-Sinsensis Flower/Leaf Extract, Mica, Echinacea Angustilfolia Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Phenoxyethanol.

on 2/8/2013 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This isn't perfect, but it's the best primer that I have tried to date.

-The texture is very silky. After applying this, my face feels like silk and my foundation/powder/concealer applies much easier.
-This spreads very nicely. A little goes a LONG way (I usually use slightly more than a pea sized amount).
-It gives my complexion something of a soft-focus look and seems to blur my imperfections.
-I don't have large pores, but this definitely fills them in for women who do.
-It hasn't broken me out.
-It comes in an ADORABLE little tube.
-Foundation adheres to this very nicely.

I have noticed that it keeps my makeup on slightly longer (as opposed to no primer), but nothing crazy. It doesn't really control oil either. I will buy this product until I find something better (which I'm starting to doubt that I ever will).

Bottom line? This makes your face look flawless, but it doesn't really control oil or make makeup last longer.

on 2/8/2013 12:31:00 PM

So glad I tried this primer! Before it, my HG was Smashbox Anti-Shine in a tube. While I still like that one, because it controls oil so, so well, Tarte's has one huge advantage: it blurs pores and imperfections like nobody's business!
After putting it on, my face feels like silk, and almost poreless. Foundations adhere very well to it, and look flawless.
It does have pretty good oil control, especially in colder weather, and it seems to mask the flakies, when I get them.
For my combination skin, this is now my go-to primer for nights out, or when I need to look flawless.
It does tend to break me out a little if I wear it daily for a few days in a row, so I only use it when I need to, and use a different primer for everyday.

EDIT7/23/2013 - adding a lippie for full score! That's because I wasn't able to find another primer that outperforms this, it's the only one that makes my face look good through humidity, rain, sun, whatever nature may bring.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

So far so good. This primer has not broken me out, and I am extremely acne-prone. One thing I love about it is the texture and finish. It is not completely clear and is pretty thick. Once applied, the pores literally just seem to disappear. I have some small pitted acne scars and it fills them in nicely, making them look less harsh. It keeps makeup on all day, and is decent at oil control. Not great, but decent. I also like that Tarte uses more natural ingredients in their products. It smells a bit plastic-y but I don't notice it much and only smell it when I am literally sniffing the primer. It seems like the smell is what it is because Tarte did not add a chemical scent to the product, but I could be wrong.

Pros:
-keeps makeup on for 12 hours like it claims
-really does seem to make pores disappear
-not greasy
-DOES NOT BREAK ME OUT
-I really like the texture

Cons:
-doesn't control oil as much as I'd like

Basically, this is a good primer for a "poreless" look. However, it is not HG for me. I am still on the hunt for that perfect primer, but this does a pretty darn good job. I plan on repurchasing as my go-to primer until I find something better.

on 1/18/2013 12:50:00 AM

When I put on this primer, it's literally like I'm watching my pores disappear before my eyes. It's a clear primer (not a fan of tinted ones), and it glides onto my skin and feels so wonderful. I notice my foundation applying much smoother and much more even. It really helps if you need a little extra coverage as well. I can't even see the normally giant pores on my nose when I use this! It gives your foundation something to stick to, so I don't notice a lot/any transferring at all.
My only, ONLY drawback to this, is the smell. I'm very sensitive to smells, and it smells a little, plasticy? I don't know how to describe it, but the smell diminishes almost immediately after you put it on, so I can stand the few seconds of smelling it xD
Definitely worth it! I would consider re-purchasing this primer without a second thought

on 1/14/2013 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This was average for me. It does work better than some other primers I've tried and it's definitely better than no primer at all, but for me it still doesn't keep greasiness away as well as YSL Touch Matte or Urban Decay Pore Perfection primer potion. I'll finish this up but won't repurchase.

on 12/24/2012 2:25:00 PM

I absolutely love this primer. I bought this as a replacement for L'Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base (which worked well for a while, but I was looking for something better).

I wear Bare Minerals foundation since it's light, not-gunky, and pleasant. I like to feel like I'm wearing as little makeup as possible, but the Prime Time makes me feel greasy after a while.

So, I bought this in a 3-pack kit that also came with the Brightening primer and a small eyelid primer, too. I primarily wanted to try this, and for $9 for 3 samples, I thought it was worth a try. I'm quite happy that I did, too.

It is very, very thick, so it is hard to spread... but the more I've used it, the easier it seems to get to put it on. I just take the pea sized amount in one hand and make little dabs all over my face (not just forehead, cheeks, chin-- but dots all around) so I can spread it more evenly. Not a big deal.

I like the silicone-feeling primers. The Poreless primer feels soft, velvety, and best of all, DRY on my skin. It doesn't feel gross or slimy, and it doesn't feel like lotion. It also doesn't mess with or interact badly with my moisturizer. It goes on in a nice, thin layer.

I do not have (and have never had) cystic acne. I've had a few zits here and there, but as I get older, I have less of a problem. The only real problem I have is during "that time of the month" when my hormones fluctuate, and NOTHING has been able to stop those zits. I just conceal and "roll with it" as best I can.

This primer doesn't seem to cause any problems acne-wise. I have fairly oily skin, especially my forehead and nose (T-zone), but this doesn't seem to hurt my skin. If anything, it makes it look less oily and gross.

I think it works fantastically with Bare Minerals. It definitely works better than their primer, at least for me.

I liked this so much, I bit the bullet and bought the full size. At $30 it is too expensive, but hopefully, I can make it last quite a while.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

UGH. This product is like a love-hate relationship!!

I got this as a free sample because I wanted a primer that would make my foundation last longer and would keep my skin matte all day. Keep in mind, I have normal skin on my cheeks and somewhat oily skin on my cheeks, nose and forehead.

When I first applied it, I noticed how THICK the consistency was. A pea-size was more than enough to cover my whole face!
Not only was the consistency super thick, but it was somewhat hard to spread. I spread it with my fingers and seeing how thick it is, a brush would definitely not help.

After applying, my face felt very velvety - a feeling only from silicone primers which I do not mind personally because I normally do not break out from them. I normally do not wear primers on an every day basis, usually only for night outs or when I want to look my best. When I tested this primer out, I had make up on from 11am to 1am so literally, more than 12 hours. Surprisingly, my face stayed pretty matte the whole day. My foundation did not move around nor did it fade. In terms of keeping my foundation looking fresh/matte, this primer did a good job.

HOWEVER. Once I removed my make up, I noticed that I already had 2 cystic acne developing around my jaw line. I knew right away that it was from the primer because the acne was on both sides of my jaw..coincidence? I think not.

This is surprising to me because I normally never break out from silicone primers, even if its only for one long day.
I am disappointed in this because I really had high hopes and because I loved how my foundation looked after a whole day..but unfortunately I will not continue using the sample since I broke out from it

on 11/23/2012 12:34:00 AM

By far the best primer I've found. Fills in my huge pores and makes my skin look smooth and flawless.

on 11/11/2012 4:08:00 AM

This product was really expensive (~$30) but it is AMAZING.

Usually my skin is really shiny after 30 mins - 1 hour after applying makeup, but after using this, my face stayed perfectly matte for about 2 - 3 hours before needing to blot. I couldn't believe it!

Again, it is kind of expensive, but since you only need a tiny amount, this little tube will last a long time.

on 11/9/2012 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Broke me out with the worst cystic acne I've had since I was a teenager.