Tarte Clean Slate Poreless 12 hr Perfecting Primer

3.9

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cyclohexasilixane, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Extract, Malpighia Punicifolia (Acerola) Fruit Extract, Punica Granatum Extract, Passiflora Incarnate Fruit Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Hibiscus Rosa-Sinsensis Flower/Leaf Extract, Mica, Echinacea Angustilfolia Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Phenoxyethanol.

on 11/23/2012 12:34:00 AM

By far the best primer I've found. Fills in my huge pores and makes my skin look smooth and flawless.

on 11/11/2012 4:08:00 AM

This product was really expensive (~$30) but it is AMAZING.

Usually my skin is really shiny after 30 mins - 1 hour after applying makeup, but after using this, my face stayed perfectly matte for about 2 - 3 hours before needing to blot. I couldn't believe it!

Again, it is kind of expensive, but since you only need a tiny amount, this little tube will last a long time.

on 11/9/2012 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Broke me out with the worst cystic acne I've had since I was a teenager.

on 11/4/2012 11:05:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This is a great primer! I got a sample of it at sephora and it makes my face perfectly primed and ready for my Kat von d foundation. I think you need to wear it with a dry/matte foundation so you don't end up with a ton of excess moisture if you are normal or oily. It makes my makeup last all day as well! It hasn't made me break out at all although I'm not at all prone to break outs. I love it.

on 10/23/2012 11:23:00 PM

Oh I love this stuff a lot. I finally have good skin after being dedicated to Retin A for months still using and now amazingly have clear skin. So I wanted to try a primer that was cruelty free and with out the heavy silicone in it or any not so good things.

I put this on and you really only need such a small amount and it literally left me poreless. It was like it just absorbed and made me skin look and feel really good. I did use a BB Cream over it(Baviphat Magic Girls BBC for oily skin) I had a procedure today and I couldn't wear makeup but they didn't say BB cream.;) Well they didn't know I just looked like I had good skin.

This primer makes your pores so small and your skin so soft. I would just use it alone it blurs the small imperfections so well. Plus the BB went on like a breeze. I will try it more with my Studio Fix which I think with this primer if you have pretty good skin it makes the au natural look even better or easier for girls with problems like spots or whatever to cover them. I do not like heavy primers but this is so light and actually feels really good for the skin.

I didn't wash my face yet and it still feels so soft from this primer. It lasted 12 hours and that was the test and it passed. I will repurchase but I am interested in other cruelty free primers. This one I def recommend because Tarte is a brand that usually delivers and with this primer they do.

on 10/20/2012 1:59:00 AM

I love this primer! A friend of mine had it in her makeup kit which I tried and fell in love. I was only a little disappointed that Tarte changed the packaging so the one I bought wasn't (in my opinion) as cute as my friend's. But I think the bottle actually distributes the product better so fair trade. The actual product really smooths my skin, reducing the visibility of fine lines and pores. The bottle is small but with this primer, a little goes a long way. It also keeps my makeup in place -- maybe not for a full 12 hours but a really long time. I have combination skin so I have good days and bad days. For the most part, this primer keeps my skin matte and flawless but some days, I have to keep a small spray bottle of toner and spritz my T-zone to keep oil at bay.

Overall, I really like this primer and do plan on buying it again.

on 10/17/2012 8:24:00 PM

I don't like this primer at all. First off, this somehow makes my face oilier than it really is, which is the opposite of what this is "supposed" to do. This did not diminish the size or appearance of any of my pores, (which I really don't have a problem with anyway),...but still, this is targeted towards making your face appear as if it's "poreless." My makeup usually never has a problem with sliding off, but this stuff actually makes my makeup come off faster. So, within about an hour/2 hours of wearing this, I'm left with an oily/greasy face with my makeup starting to come off. The tube this comes in barely gives you anything & is super small, this wouldn't necessarily be a problem if it wasn't for the fact that this costs over $30 with tax! You do only need to use a little bit of this, but still a rip off in my opinion. I've used many primers, & this is close to one of the worst I've used. This isn't the worst because this did not break me out, (knock on wood). That's the only reason I even gave this a rating of 2. Iam definitely returning this tomorrow & I will keep using my beloved Smashbox Photo Finish Light primer. Works 100X better, & way more effective. I do not reccommend this primer at all. You can get way better primers that come with more for the money.
On the flip side, my mom absoloutley loves this primer. So, I think this primer varies with different skin types.

on 10/4/2012 4:30:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Hallelujah! I finally found THE perfect primer. I bought mine in a try me kit at Sephora with a brightening primer and an eye primer. I have been using this every day since I bought it a few months ago. I use it mainly on my nose and around my nose. I have a very shiny nose with large pores. I've used almost every primer under the sun and my skin did not react well to the silicone that is found in the majority of primers. Silicone actually made it seem like my pores on my nose got larger.

This is the only primer I know of that is silicone free. It has mostly natural ingredients in it as well. It isn't "12 hours" but it certainly doesn't exagerrate my pore size. As for cutting back on the oil, it does an ok job. I definetly do use blotting papers a few hours after I put this on but I don't have expectations that a primer will stop my nose from ever getting oily. My nose area looks more uniform and even so when I apply concealer after it goes on very smoothly and I don't have to use as much to cover up problem areas.

It is quite a pricey find but for the results it's worth it for me. Once I finish my sample size I will definetly be buying the full size!

on 9/28/2012 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've used the Clean Slate primer in the past and it didn't break me out so I decided to try the new poreless formula and it is just as good. Minimizes my pores, keeps my foundation on all day and helps mattify my skin. What more can I ask for?

Replaced MAC Prep+Prime with this because of the raves of other bloggers. I am still not satisfied. The effect on me is like the one with Urban Decay Pore Perfecting. Or maybe the problem is just me, with my extremely oily face.