October 23, 2014 | 2181 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Tarte - Clean Slate Poreless 12 hr Perfecting Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2012 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Mischievous1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Hallelujah! I finally found THE perfect primer. I bought mine in a try me kit at Sephora with a brightening primer and an eye primer. I have been using this every day since I bought it a few months ago. I use it mainly on my nose and around my nose. I have a very shiny nose with large pores. I've used almost every primer under the sun and my skin did not react well to the silicone that is found in the majority of primers. Silicone actually made it seem like my pores on my nose got larger.

This is the only primer I know of that is silicone free. It has mostly natural ingredients in it as well. It isn't "12 hours" but it certainly doesn't exagerrate my pore size. As for cutting back on the oil, it does an ok job. I definetly do use blotting papers a few hours after I put this on but I don't have expectations that a primer will stop my nose from ever getting oily. My nose area looks more uniform and even so when I apply concealer after it goes on very smoothly and I don't have to use as much to cover up problem areas.

It is quite a pricey find but for the results it's worth it for me. Once I finish my sample size I will definetly be buying the full size!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2012 4:30:00 PM More reviews by harls321

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've used the Clean Slate primer in the past and it didn't break me out so I decided to try the new poreless formula and it is just as good. Minimizes my pores, keeps my foundation on all day and helps mattify my skin. What more can I ask for?

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2012 12:42:00 AM More reviews by pinknouveau20

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Replaced MAC Prep+Prime with this because of the raves of other bloggers. I am still not satisfied. The effect on me is like the one with Urban Decay Pore Perfecting. Or maybe the problem is just me, with my extremely oily face.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2012 11:23:00 AM More reviews by almondeyed1988

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I was getting low on my Mac Prep and Prime spf50 and was shopping for a new primer. After seeing countless youtubers raving about the primer, I caved. I bought the travel size version of this primer because I was afraid that I would end up being disappointed by it. What drew me to the primer was that it claimed to be mattifying, pore-filling, and that it smoothed fine skin. I mainly buy primers for their mattifying properties because I have combination oily skin. The primer comes out clear and while I can tell it's silicon based, it doesn't feel exactly like my Sephora smoothing primer(silicon-based primer). It has a smooth satiny finish and doesn't feel greasy. My makeup blended well, and I didn't have to use as much. It's extremely long wearing and I was surprised how well it was able to make my pores disappear. It's mattifying properties were better than alot of other primers I've used, but I've recently used the Revlon Perfecting Primer and it keeps me matte for hours.With the Tarte primer I will get a little dewy around 3 to 3.5 hours but will start to get a slightly oily around 4hrs+. The main reason why I would buy this primer again is the effect that it gives to the makeup. The primer gives the most beautiful soft focus effect that I've ever seen. My skin looks glowy and airbrushed. I loved the way my makeup looked that I ended up using for a straight week. I've had to put it away and just use it for special occasions because I only have the travel size. If you want a cheaper alternative, I would recommend the Revlon Perfecting Primer. It keeps me matte for a lot longer than the Tarte. It doesn't give the soft focus effect like the Tarte but it does give a perfecting finish:).

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2012 10:56:00 PM More reviews by brightsonrisa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased a mini of this Tarte product because I hadn't tried poreless primers before and was wary of dropping so much money for such a small tube. While I don't wear any foundation or powder because of my even skin tone, I do have a problem with some large pores around my t-zone and wanted something to specifically target that area. Lucky for me, this primer turned out to be just the thing I was looking for! A pea-sized amount of the velvety formula is all I need to dab gently on my problem areas, making me a happy girl because I know I will be getting my money's worth. It fills in pores pretty efficiently; I saw a vast improvement in their visibility just a few minutes after using this for the first time. It's virtually scent-free, and looks great on its own -- that's my favorite bit, you don't even have to wear face makeup over it -- so it truly is the ultimate addition to my fresh, "barely there" makeup routine! Best of all, it mattifies my occasionally oily skin and has a great lasting power.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2012 9:25:00 PM More reviews by shiherostar

I got the sample pack from Sephora with this being one of the primers that comes included. I like it, but I am pretty sure it is breaking me out. I can't be too sure because I have been trying to find a new summer regimen because it is super hot where I live now, so I have been switching around products. I will write an update when I use it on the reg.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 6:44:00 PM More reviews by sayshal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This primer is amazing. I have nothing bad to say about it. I first tried it in the $9 trial trio that tarte put out and fell in love. The little trial tube lasted me two months so I have big hopes for how long the big tube will last. My BB cream goes on smooth and doesn't move all day, even in humid summer heat.