NARS Exhibit A

4.6

on 1/8/2012 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love this blush. There, I said it. I'm a blush-hater and I love Exhibit A.

My skin is a yellowy-pink-toned NC20ish, NC30ish in the summer. This blush should not work on me. And yet, it does. I use a duofiber brush--which is the absolute key to this blush--and buff it out, and bam. I get gorgeous, natural flush for my complexion. I can even use a bit on my eye to brighten up my eye look, if I want to add some color to a neutral look.

The color definitely leans a yellowy-orange red. Tomato is very accurate. If you're cool-toned or very pale, this will be way too intense on your skin. But if your skin is fairly light but warm, you should absolutely give this blush a try. It's gorgeous!

I say that I would buy this product again, but honestly, I sincerely doubt I'll ever need to unless something horrible happens to my compact. I've used this blush several times in the month that I've had it, and I've barely brushed off the pattern from the powder in the pan!

on 1/7/2012 5:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I can't say that I'm entirely sure as to how I somehow managed to not only become entranced by, and eventually come to fall in love with the infamous Exhibit A. The whole ordeal was somewhat of a whirlwind affair, one wrought with lust and intrigue! Well, you know...
I want to say that initially I was drawn in by the sheer audacity of the color. The shade reminded more of one that I might encounter in a lipstick, definitely not something I'd come across in a blush- let alone a blush by a company who's blushes are unbelievably pigmented to begin with. It was bold and unapologetic, I was repulsed and yet so magnetically attracted!
I was genuinely surprised to find out that not only was this preposterously torrid red-orange shade completely wearable, but that it's actually natural looking on the skin. After my initial infatuation grew, I knew it was only a matter of time before I found myself in my local Sephora, having a staring match with this startling shade in person. I felt as though I was being coerced, propositioned by this color... I couldn't, I wouldn't! But oh, how I wanted to so badly...I was too timid and felt like by buying Exhibit A, I'd be playing with fire. Honestly, I feared that it would be too easy to come out the whole ordeal looking (sun) burned.
The sales attendant who spotted me and ran to my rescue didn't hesitant to whip out a brush and sweep Exhibit A on my face, more than anything just to prove me to that such a scalding beast could be tamed- but only with a little caution and a relatively light hand. Exhibit A transformed my dowdy blushless face with it's strangely erotic red (after)glow in a way I never could have imagined. I had been seduced!
While it very much looks just like the sort of natural blush that fans out over one's face after a bit of *ahem* intimate relations or an otherwise amazing work-out, with a lighter hand it's definitely more innocent and subtle....a little more Snow White than intrepid sex vixen. Either way you go about it, you're always apt to come out with a very fresh natural color so long as you adjust the application tools and method to suit the intensity you want for your skin tone/look.
I wouldn't say that Exhibit A is an essential product, but it's an excellent one to splurge on. The pigmentation is amazing, the color it's self is rather unique (especially now that Sleek's Scandalous has been discontinued), it'll last you forever, and it's a surprisingly versatile blush. It's certainly not a purchase that I regret making!

on 12/29/2011 9:57:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Now that I have this, I don't know how I ever lived without it. I think it's absolutely perfect for every day, actually, and even if you're not wearing any other makeup, adds an instant, perfect glow. The key is a pretty light application--but I'm not even that careful about it, like some of the other reviewers here. I just dab my brush about three times, lightly against the blush and blush it on.

Anyway, I also don't think I'll be running out of this any time soon, since you use so little product at a time, so even though it was a bit expensive, for a one time, all purpose investment for every day glow it's definitely worth it. Try it!

on 12/28/2011 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Yes it is impractical, and yes the colour was OTT and yes it was expensive, do you really need it? Absolutely NOT!
BUT I LOVE IT! I agree with most of the negative reviews in terms of colour and application.
The colour is a extremely bright red that is super pigmented. Absolutely not a blush I would use everyday, only because I don't have the time nor the mind to concentrate on my applying blush, most days I'd be tumbling out my door that a simple pinch on the cheeks is all I have time for.
I however use Exhibit A when there is an occasion that I know I'll be in photographs, like weddings, engagement party etc. Most blushes get absolutely washed out under flash photography, but this blush doesn't.
With a light hand and a stippling brush, this blush is manageable. I usually only dunk my brush lightly in the pan once only, stipple it your cheeks then blend it.

on 12/27/2011 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I will be brief since there are tons of reviews for this blush. The color is beautiful and you don't need a lot for full coverage. A bit pricey but well worth it. Shows up as a muted red on my NW50 in MAC Studio Fix skin tone.

on 12/2/2011 12:56:00 PM

I recently got this blush after waiting for a long time...and I must say the wait was just worth it. Its a beautiful blush and wears amazingly on skin. It looks scary in the pan, but with a light hand u can just change your look instantly. I am NC 42 and it looks so natural and amazing. The quality of the blush is also superb, very finely milled and does not look cakey on the face coz this is the only thing about powdery blushes that I was always scared about. Thanks NARS for this amazing product!!

on 12/1/2011 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I haven't used blush on the regular since university, but had been having a yen for it recently. After a while of dotting lipstick on my cheeks, I decided it was time for a purpose-built product.

I like a red blush; I find they look more natural on me than peach or bronze tones (and forget pink! on my yellow skin that just looks weird!). This is intensely pigmented, and needs to be applied with a VERY light touch unless you want to look like a cabaret doll baby.

Unfortunately, this is one of those things that looks great in the weird lighting at Sephora, and in my bathroom, but in natural light it is very, very obvious that I have Coloured! Powder! on my cheeks. (I don't wear foundation or other full-face makeup, which might have something to do with it.) Anyway, that is not the effect I seek, so I've moved on to a Tarte stain.

on 11/11/2011 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I'm fair skinned (neither warm nor cool in the 15-20 range) and have been wanting a red blush for a long time. I was looking for something that would give my cheeks the color they turn when I'm cold or blushing.

Unfortunately this went completely orange on me. It's not a true red - it's more of a brick red with warm undertones. I need something with a cooler undertones (more of a blue-based red) so I returned it. If you think the color might work but are put off by the boldness of the color, it's easy to sheer out by using a light hand, so don't be intimidated.

I'm beginning to think the NARS line just doesn't work for me. I've returned just about every product I've purchased, either because the colors don't work (I've never found a gloss color I like) or because I'm underwhelmed (I'm talking to you, Orgasm.) In a couple of cases I've flat-out hated them. Maybe the line is just overrated or it's for women with different coloring than I have.

on 11/10/2011 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Nars exhibita blush its greatly pigmented and just a beautiful matte blush i luv it. All u need is a lil. I went to make a purchase at the mac counter and the workers there was like what blush was i wearing that made me fill great. So dont let the color scare you lol

on 11/10/2011 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Gorgeous color as long as you apply it very sparingly. Any more than a light sweep with a stippling brush and it'll make you look like a kewpie doll nighmare. But when applied right it's gives a beautiful "freshly rolled in the hay" glow. Love it!

Top Rated NARS Products