November 23, 2014 | 1043 users online

Blush - NARS - Exhibit A

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2011 7:35:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

Yes it is impractical, and yes the colour was OTT and yes it was expensive, do you really need it? Absolutely NOT!
BUT I LOVE IT! I agree with most of the negative reviews in terms of colour and application.
The colour is a extremely bright red that is super pigmented. Absolutely not a blush I would use everyday, only because I don't have the time nor the mind to concentrate on my applying blush, most days I'd be tumbling out my door that a simple pinch on the cheeks is all I have time for.
I however use Exhibit A when there is an occasion that I know I'll be in photographs, like weddings, engagement party etc. Most blushes get absolutely washed out under flash photography, but this blush doesn't.
With a light hand and a stippling brush, this blush is manageable. I usually only dunk my brush lightly in the pan once only, stipple it your cheeks then blend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2011 8:34:00 AM More reviews by ladymzlee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

I will be brief since there are tons of reviews for this blush. The color is beautiful and you don't need a lot for full coverage. A bit pricey but well worth it. Shows up as a muted red on my NW50 in MAC Studio Fix skin tone.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2011 12:56:00 PM More reviews by Paavaki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I recently got this blush after waiting for a long time...and I must say the wait was just worth it. Its a beautiful blush and wears amazingly on skin. It looks scary in the pan, but with a light hand u can just change your look instantly. I am NC 42 and it looks so natural and amazing. The quality of the blush is also superb, very finely milled and does not look cakey on the face coz this is the only thing about powdery blushes that I was always scared about. Thanks NARS for this amazing product!!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2011 10:09:00 AM More reviews by windkey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I haven't used blush on the regular since university, but had been having a yen for it recently. After a while of dotting lipstick on my cheeks, I decided it was time for a purpose-built product.

I like a red blush; I find they look more natural on me than peach or bronze tones (and forget pink! on my yellow skin that just looks weird!). This is intensely pigmented, and needs to be applied with a VERY light touch unless you want to look like a cabaret doll baby.

Unfortunately, this is one of those things that looks great in the weird lighting at Sephora, and in my bathroom, but in natural light it is very, very obvious that I have Coloured! Powder! on my cheeks. (I don't wear foundation or other full-face makeup, which might have something to do with it.) Anyway, that is not the effect I seek, so I've moved on to a Tarte stain.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2011 4:48:00 PM More reviews by mulletoftruth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

I'm fair skinned (neither warm nor cool in the 15-20 range) and have been wanting a red blush for a long time. I was looking for something that would give my cheeks the color they turn when I'm cold or blushing.

Unfortunately this went completely orange on me. It's not a true red - it's more of a brick red with warm undertones. I need something with a cooler undertones (more of a blue-based red) so I returned it. If you think the color might work but are put off by the boldness of the color, it's easy to sheer out by using a light hand, so don't be intimidated.

I'm beginning to think the NARS line just doesn't work for me. I've returned just about every product I've purchased, either because the colors don't work (I've never found a gloss color I like) or because I'm underwhelmed (I'm talking to you, Orgasm.) In a couple of cases I've flat-out hated them. Maybe the line is just overrated or it's for women with different coloring than I have.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2011 12:15:00 PM More reviews by maimaimaired

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Nars exhibita blush its greatly pigmented and just a beautiful matte blush i luv it. All u need is a lil. I went to make a purchase at the mac counter and the workers there was like what blush was i wearing that made me fill great. So dont let the color scare you lol

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2011 10:38:00 AM More reviews by annabrem

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Gorgeous color as long as you apply it very sparingly. Any more than a light sweep with a stippling brush and it'll make you look like a kewpie doll nighmare. But when applied right it's gives a beautiful "freshly rolled in the hay" glow. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2011 11:33:00 AM More reviews by mbarra0

This blush is my favorite blush ever! I've tried three other Nars blushes (torrid, orgasm, and dolce vita) and this blush gives my tan olive skin the most natural flush. I also like that its matte because it doesnt highlight the large pores on my cheeks. Don't be afraid of this blush, I have an extremely heavy hand but I use a sigma stippling blush to apply this and it makes it a breeze to control the amount you put on. Paired with my Nars albatross highlighter and laguna bronzer this is an absolute must for any girl who wants a natural looking flush!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2011 12:26:00 AM More reviews by Nuppu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

My 1st Nars and Red blush :). I dont count Nyx cream in Red; what a mess. Very scary-looking when I opened it, much more so than in pictures. When applied with soft touch and soft fluffy blush brush after tapping off the excess, it is not too bright.
I liked the fact it is matte and lasted well. No " flushed " look for me.
I will continue to use, but I always have to be careful not to over-apply to make it pretty on my quite fair skin. Wont buy this red again, but want to try others. Another Nars blush, perhaps.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 10:14:00 PM More reviews by missmurder213445

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I never ever buy high end makeup because im a super deal shopper. but recently i graduate high school and of course i got alot of money from relatives. So one day i saw this blush in a video and i was like i want that! i went out and bought it and i have had no regrets! the only other high end product i have ever purchased was the urban decay naked palette which i regretted from the minute i got it home, but this blush is so pigmented and amazing i love it! I was afraid it wouldn't look good on me because im a red head with freckles and pale skin but it looks really nice. :)