Alterna Alterna Age Free Caviar Shampoo

3.6

Water, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Cocamidopropylamine Oxide, Decyl Glucoside, Lauryl Alcohol, Glycereth-26, Glycol Distearate, Amodimethicone, Wasabia Japonica Root Extract, Fennel Seed Extract, Carrageenan Extract, Hydrolyzed Algae Extract, Algae Extract, Caviar Extract, Linseed Seed Oil, Shea Butter, Sunflower Seed Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Ferment, Saccharomyces Copper Ferment, Saccharomyces Zinc Ferment, Superoxide Dismutase, Lactoferrin, Carrot Root Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Phospholipids, Corn Oligosaccharides, Copper Lysl Oxidase, Acetyl Methionine, Acetyl Serine, Amino Acyl tRNA Synthetase, Phytosphingosine, Mushroom Tyrosinase, Lentinus Edodes Tyrosinase, Soybean Seed Peroxidase, Peptone, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Soybean Symbiosome Lysate, Pikea Robusta Extract, Adenosine Triphosphate, Niacinamide Polypeptide, Ascorbic Acid Polypeptide, Pantothenic Acid Polypeptide, Papain, Bromelain, Melanin, Melanin Silanetriol, Wheat Amino Acids, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydrolyzed Oats, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propoyl Silanetriol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Cinnamidopropyltrimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-10, Polyquaternium-7 Dihydroxypropyl PEG-5 Linoleammonium Chloride, C11-15 Pareth-7, Laureth 9, Trideceth-12, C12-13 Pareth-23, C12-13 Pareth-3, Glycerin, Propylene Gycol, Citric Acid, Butylene Glycol, Aminomethyl Propanol, Acrylates Copolymer, Fragrance, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamic Aldehyde, Linalool, Limonene

I love Alterna Caviar Products. I use the shampoo-conditioner and smoothing cream. They are all amazing. I have dry frizzy hair and it tames it, leaves it soft and manageable like nothing I have ever used~

on 11/3/2004 6:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

While this product is good it's not for me.
Over time it weighs my hair down too much.
The smell is great, it leaves your hair soft and you only need a small amount.
My grip is the bottle.
Like most of Alterna's S & C's, it's not easy to get product out through that tiny long neck in the bottle sometimes.
You have to spank it!
If your into that...than this is the line for you! :):):)

i have used many alterna products, and the caviar and white truffle lines are my favorites. the caviar shampoo is a rich lathering formula, which always leaves my hair feeling very clean. the smell at first to me was very strong, but not fishy. i did get used to it, and now rather enjoy it. the caviar line is great for adding moisture, and leaves my hair very soft and shiny. i have fine hair, and it never makes my hair greasy or weighed down. its a great product.

on 7/10/2004 5:24:00 PM

I buy this stuff in the huge sizes. Its one of my staple shampoos, part of my regular rotation. Helps keep my highlighted, fine hair in great shape. The smell isn't my favorite, but its an effective product and worth the money.

on 6/6/2004 3:34:00 PM

I love this shampoo!! very moisturizing!! on th down side I do not like the caviar conditioner, it smells bad, doesnt work, save your $23

on 5/27/2004 7:57:00 PM

This is the best shampoo and conditioner I have ever used. After the first use it left my hair
silky and so soft. My boyfriend used it too and noticed the difference on his hair. This has been one of the very rare products that has made a remarkable difference on my hair. I love the smell, not fishy at all. I will be buying this product again.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I can't imagine how this shampoo could be seen as anything but a miracle worker. IF your hair is very dry or damaged, this is all you need. I killed my hair - had the color stripped, all over color, highlighted, more highlights, styled with heat and flatirons - all within a week. The caviar extract in this shampoo, while adding a subtle scent (to my nose the shampoo is marine-floral), provides fatty acids that actually really help your hair. You only need a small amount as it is very concentrated and using too much will weigh your hear down. However, my hair turned from pure crap to shiny, silky awesomeness.

on 2/18/2004 8:28:00 PM

I actually like the scent of teh shampoo. It's not fishy to me, but it is a marine type scent. I like this shampoo the 1st time I used it, however that was it. It did leave my hair slightly dry and tangled. Not the worst shamppo, but for $20, I expect great quality and performance. Will not repurchase.

I was using this with the Alterna Age Free Caviar Conditioner. The conditioner's and shampoo's scent bothers me. It's slightly fishy like what others described. Even with that smell, I like it because it has moisturized my hair. Although my scalp is oily, my hair has been dry from the hard water here. They've changed their packaging, so it's not as difficult to use as the old bottle style. I like the look of the bottle.

on 11/13/2003 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I had a sample packet of this shampoo. I don't like it. It weighed my hair down and I didn't like the funky smell. It didn't smell like fish to me, but it wasn't pleasant. I used it with the matching conditioner and had the worst hair day. My hair was a dry frizzy mess. I mean really frizzy. Definitely not for someone with fine hair. This product is not worth it.

Top Rated Alterna Products