July 30, 2014 | 1032 users online

Lips - Revlon - Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain- Rendezvous

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2012 1:01:00 AM More reviews by robinharmony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm not sure if it's just me, but this product is an orange, not coral. It looks great on my skin tone and I love the shine. It lasts for such a long time. The only thing i dont love about it is the smell. But i get used to it after a little while, so it's really not that bad. I love this product, i have three of the colors and this one is my favorite.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2012 8:56:00 PM More reviews by denns

This is a truly gorgeous orange-y red color with just a hint of coral in it. It's perfect for summertime, and I love how the orange isn't too "orange-y" in this stain - for the people that tend to pull all of the orange out of orange-y reds and orange-y pinks, you know what I mean! This definitely doesn't do that, and you can build the intensity of these balm stains so the color suits you perfectly. For reference, I am an NW20-25 with medium/dark brown hair, and this shade is lovely. Great when you have a tan, but also very wearable and pretty in those pale winter months as well.

If you love the balm stains and maybe want something a little warmer than the red "Romantic" shade, give Rendezvous a try!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2012 5:57:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Spin off of Cliniques Chubby Sticks. I read reviews and wanted to try and compare. its half the price of CCS. I picked up rendezvous because it looked like a great coral color for summer. its a slightly semi frosted orange...straight up orange. if you have pigmented lips, this will offset the orange and turn it into a coral. or if you are looking for orange-this is it! it has great color payoff, i have to use a light hand to get the coral color i want. the 1st time i swiped it on really good and boy, it was hella orange and bright-great for nighttime but too bright for daytime IMO. i layer bare minerals party starter over it for a glossy look-perfect coral match. 1 lippie off because the formula can be DRY. CCS are hands down more moisturizing!! you cannot wear this with a dried, flaky lip, it will accentuate it. minty sensation when applied.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2012 2:43:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

I decided to try this product based on all the raves about it on youtube. I picked this color becuz i don't have an 'orange-y' lipstick. I have to say I LOVE this!!! Unlike traditional lipstains, this is very moisturizing. when it fades, you are left with a nice tint of colour. I slept with this on and when i woke up in the morning my lips had a beautiful orangey coral color. Perfect for spring/summer! Costs about $8US.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by BelleRosse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My lips are quite pigmented to start with..further..unevenly pigmented..darker upperlip and lighter lower lip...it looks as though ive used some 'Covergirl Flipsticks tricks' to get that gradient look..
This shade looked bright orange on my handsatch but on my lips...it looked like bright pink...ya..no traces of orange as well...but i like the color pink so im keeping it..
Earlier, i bought the shade 'sweetheart' and it looked straigt purple on my lips..But the color that i want from 'sweetheart', is what i get from 'redezvous'....pretty surprising right! This pretty much looks like bright MLBB shade.
At first, though i liked the color, i thought this color might not show up on my lips, or might not be flattering enough on my NC40 skin tone...but it did show up..and all the tannys out there..if u r thinking of to try it...just do it..its a good one..
and coming to the stain part..its no big deal for this one..the glossyness stayed for 1hr..and stain for 3-4 hrs..

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2012 11:04:00 PM More reviews by koushi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a fan of this Balm Stain. Rendezvous can be built up to nice pigment and lasts forever without looking flaky or weird. It wears nice and light on my lips, without the excessive waxiness that some balms have and without drying. I wouldn't say it's extremely moisturizing, but it is definitely at least somewhat moisturizing. Most of all I really like the color as it's an orange that becomes orange-coral on my pigmented lips, great for summer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2012 1:23:00 AM More reviews by Angelamakeup

So these kissable stains have been all the rage this summer, especially on youtube. This is the very first color i picked up. I really wanted to love this. I'm not quite sure how I feel about it yet but I feel like it swatched a lot prettier and pigmented on everything I looked up online. It seems a bit more sheer than I expected. I built up the color on my lips with a few layers but i felt like it was a bit too orange for my NC 30 skintone. So I'll most likely have to wear this sheer. It sort of looks like I sucked on a red popsicle or cherry icee and didn't wipe my lip off. I've seen other girls pull this type of color off nicely though.

I also didn't quite feel like it lasted through and through like a lot of youtube gurus mentioned. With that said even though I would not buy this color again... I actually still like the texture enough to want to try the other shades!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2012 12:10:00 AM More reviews by TheeOriginalBooBooKatie

I rushed around to six different drugstores to find this when it came out. I like the color (summery orange) but itís a very light stain and on me, the color fades faster around the outside of the mouth and ďpoolsĒ in the center. Thatís a bit backwards, isnít it?? Itís soft like a crayon; neither cakey nor glossy. I just wish the color would remain even. For the price though, itís not bad. I will continue to use it but probably under other lipsticks or glosses. Wont buy it again but neither will I throw it out or trade it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2012 12:46:00 AM More reviews by EmbalmerBabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like these, they are convenient, self sharpening, easy to apply,and come in fun shades. There is a light minty ness that you barely notice. They have a very subtle shine factor. I picked up this one which is a lovely tangerine coral shade, and Honey a basic neutral nude shade. It has a bit of a red nuance to it. I have not bought drugstore products in a long time, I will start again because these are really great quality!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2012 11:40:00 PM More reviews by timothybcat

I hope no one sits down and reads all my reviews because they'd just fall asleep reading over and over how I'm cool-toned and have to be careful when choosing warm colors and blah blah blah yadda yadda yadda. But threw and internal temper tantrum and told myself, "Everyone else gets to wear orange and coral this summer, so darn it, so do I!" Couldn't have done better with my little rebellion, because this is a very wearable and sassy orange-coral. It may or may not have a bit of shimmer when you look at it from a certain angle, but on the lips it just looks juicy, like the inside of a very ripe tangerine. And I think that kind of makeup is what summer is all about: brightness, fun, freshness, festivity (I did not try to come up with all those "f"s, ffs!). I don't think I'd advise you to wear this at your conservative place of work, but it's very wearable and flattering. These Balm Stains are selling out left and right, so I'd say snatch this if you see one, so you can have the perfect color for summer.

UPDATE 3/19/2014: I recently pulled this out because I needed some summer in my life, and it's even more beautiful than I remember. It's kind of a reddish-orange-coral in this bleak weather, and the reddish tinge helps it bridge the gap between this bleak winter and the impending spring. It doesn't emphasize any fine lines in my lips and makes them look fuller, actually. Some people have trepidation that orange lips will make their teeth look yellow, but with this I've found it to be the opposite: my teeth look whiter. The staying power is great and the finish is satiny but I wouldn't say it's creamy or shiny. It's even better than I originally thought. I just have to bump this up from four the five stars: a really stellar product!

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No