December 22, 2014 | 1754 users online

Lips - Revlon - Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain- Rendezvous

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2012 10:21:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains are a kinda new lip product. I'm a little late on reviewing these, they came out just a couple of days before I left America. If you've been reading my blog for a while, you might remember that I quite liked Revlon's Just Bitten stain in Gothic , so I expected to like this product as well. Revlon calls their Just Bitten Kissable balms a "pampering balm fused with a lightweight lip stain in an adorable chubby crayon". This product claims it'll give "smoother, softer lips with a perfect flush of color that lasts hour after hour. Revlon also mentions that 100% of women found these moisturizing. This stain/balm combo is available in 12 shades, I have Rendezvous, a coral. My Mum picked this up for me at Walmart for between $6-7, with a dollar off coupon. I've seen these sell for as high as $9. Revlon products are not tested on animals and are made in the USA. Many bloggers consider this product to be a dupe for Tarte's Lipsurgence pencils, though I can't confirm that because I haven't tried them.
Packaging is a short, chubby, plastic crayon that matches the color of the product.The cap fits on firmly, combine that with the compact size and you have a purse and pocket friendly product. This balm stain twists up, but doesn't sharpen, so eventually you'll have a blunt tip after enough use. Am I the only one who thinks these look a little bit naughty when you twist them up? Sorry I'll grow up. The packaging merely features the name of the product and shade, in English and French.
I'm unsure about Revlon's Balm Stain texture. Revlon calls it a gel, but I find it pretty waxy and a little sticky, not moisturizing or drying. It applies easily enough, though it doesn't glide on quite as easily as I thought it would. This product feels a little bit heavy on my lips, similar to how Revlon's Lip Butters feel, but waxier. The texture kinda reminds me of cheap lip balm, the kind that doesn't moisturize and just kinda sits there.
These balm stains go on with a satin finish, but it only lasts about twenty minutes, after that it flattens out to a matte finish. The color of Rendezvous fades to a soft pink with coral hints, and wears for about 3-4 hours, which is good wear time for me, but I have problems keeping lip color on.
The color of Rendezvous, pre fade, is really pretty. It's a true coral, the perfect balance between orange and pink. It looks quite orange in the tube, but it swatches and wears more pink on me. In the tube Rendezvous looks like it has shimmer, but it comes across as more of a sheen or glossiness when I wear it. Rendezvous is bright, and kinda warm, but I feel like I pull it off well. I also like the toned down color it fades into. My mum randomly chose this color for me. Well not entirely randomly, she typically goes for corals herself, but either way, good job Mum.
I don't dig the taste/scent of Revlon's Just Bitten balms. It's very strong and kinda reminds me of menthol cigarettes. Ew, that's not what any lip color is supposed to taste or smell like. Luckily it doesn't last very long. This product is so strongly minty that it made Mum's eyes water. I guess that's what causes the slight, pleasant tingle upon application though.
There are a couple things I don't like about Revlon's new Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains, mainly just the slightly waxy texture and the flavor that makes me feel like I've just been smoking. However, I'm will,ing to overlook both of those things because I like the color of Rendezvous and the way it wears. The shade selection is decent, enough to suit most people's tastes. Packaging is neat and functional, kinda innovative, at least on the drugstore level. The price is fair for the amount of product you get. I would repurchase Rendezvous, but probably won't grab any other shades. I've already recommended this product to a few people in person, and I would recommend it to my readers too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2012 10:15:00 PM More reviews by Iphy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have studied this product for about a month, poring over reviews and videos. I finally picked up Rendezvous (hot coral/orange for summer and casual wear) and Adore (dark brick red suitable for night time, on my skin tone). The balm is mildly minty and tingly upon application, but flavorless. The formula is not buttery or creamy, and there is a little bit of drag. The colors, while almost unnaturally bold, are very buildable and long lasting. I see hints of the color for several hours after application, but the colors do change over time.

My only problem with this product is the fact the balm travels to the outline of my lips and bleeds. I've tried only applying it to the the inner portion of my lips for a subtle look but it always spreads out. I may try to use a lip liner in a slightly lighter shade to prevent this.

Overall this is a really nice, fun product; especially for a stain. I don't find the formula drying, and the color really lasts. I would love to see them add a few more MLBB type shades but I definitely look forward to buying more. Try this out!

**I bought Honey, an MLBB shade, and love it! For some reason, the Honey I bought is much creamier and easier to apply than the other two. It's moisturizing and a perfect natural mauve color for daily wear! Not sure why it's so different, but I like this one so much.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2012 10:38:00 AM More reviews by fcdancejme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Don't be intimidated by the color! It goes on beautifully! I have a hard time pulling of vibrant tones and I think this shade is very complimentary! I love the packaging! The sticks have been in the heat and didnt melt! Love it! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2012 10:22:00 PM More reviews by mooney81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Had been excited ( like everyone else) to try these! Bought Rendezvous after much deliberation and am loving it! Perfect colour for summer! Rendezvous shows up orange/peach coloured on my lips and I love it. Definitely long wearing (colour stayed on for 4 hours at the beach going in and out of the water and eating) without having to reapply. Love it, will probs buy more!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by STlCKY

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love love love the balm stain products and Rendezvous is no exception! The coral color is amazing, although a bit intimidating. I also like the mint scent/slight tingly feel of these products. Would definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2012 10:52:00 AM More reviews by kaww34

This color is the BEST! Its great for my skin tone and I am so glad I tried it out!! I love the soft feeling it leaves my lips with. Not at all drying like other lip stains. I will surely collect more colors, but I will definitely pick up a few more in Rendezvous!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2012 9:54:00 PM More reviews by grecia28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

-Smells great (like mint).
-It is really smooth to apply.
-The color is an intense coral almost orange which is buildable and long lasting.
-It feels nice on lips.
-When it fades your lips are left stained, not colorless like when you wear lip balm.
-You do not have to sharpen it.

So I love this balm stain!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2012 1:06:00 AM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

I was really afraid to try this at first because it's ORANGE! Yikes! But come to find it looks great on my lips. I find this very similar if not the same color as MAC's Vegas Volt. I had to take off a star because after a few hours, it'll fade but leave the outside of my lips stained. It basically looks like I am wearing it on as a lip liner which is extremely unflattering.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2012 1:01:00 AM More reviews by robinharmony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm not sure if it's just me, but this product is an orange, not coral. It looks great on my skin tone and I love the shine. It lasts for such a long time. The only thing i dont love about it is the smell. But i get used to it after a little while, so it's really not that bad. I love this product, i have three of the colors and this one is my favorite.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2012 8:56:00 PM More reviews by denns

This is a truly gorgeous orange-y red color with just a hint of coral in it. It's perfect for summertime, and I love how the orange isn't too "orange-y" in this stain - for the people that tend to pull all of the orange out of orange-y reds and orange-y pinks, you know what I mean! This definitely doesn't do that, and you can build the intensity of these balm stains so the color suits you perfectly. For reference, I am an NW20-25 with medium/dark brown hair, and this shade is lovely. Great when you have a tan, but also very wearable and pretty in those pale winter months as well.

If you love the balm stains and maybe want something a little warmer than the red "Romantic" shade, give Rendezvous a try!