April 21, 2014 | 1732 users online

Lips - Revlon - Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain- Rendezvous

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2012 11:04:00 PM More reviews by koushi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a fan of this Balm Stain. Rendezvous can be built up to nice pigment and lasts forever without looking flaky or weird. It wears nice and light on my lips, without the excessive waxiness that some balms have and without drying. I wouldn't say it's extremely moisturizing, but it is definitely at least somewhat moisturizing. Most of all I really like the color as it's an orange that becomes orange-coral on my pigmented lips, great for summer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2012 1:23:00 AM More reviews by Angelamakeup

So these kissable stains have been all the rage this summer, especially on youtube. This is the very first color i picked up. I really wanted to love this. I'm not quite sure how I feel about it yet but I feel like it swatched a lot prettier and pigmented on everything I looked up online. It seems a bit more sheer than I expected. I built up the color on my lips with a few layers but i felt like it was a bit too orange for my NC 30 skintone. So I'll most likely have to wear this sheer. It sort of looks like I sucked on a red popsicle or cherry icee and didn't wipe my lip off. I've seen other girls pull this type of color off nicely though.

I also didn't quite feel like it lasted through and through like a lot of youtube gurus mentioned. With that said even though I would not buy this color again... I actually still like the texture enough to want to try the other shades!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2012 12:10:00 AM More reviews by TheeOriginalBooBooKatie

I rushed around to six different drugstores to find this when it came out. I like the color (summery orange) but itís a very light stain and on me, the color fades faster around the outside of the mouth and ďpoolsĒ in the center. Thatís a bit backwards, isnít it?? Itís soft like a crayon; neither cakey nor glossy. I just wish the color would remain even. For the price though, itís not bad. I will continue to use it but probably under other lipsticks or glosses. Wont buy it again but neither will I throw it out or trade it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2012 12:46:00 AM More reviews by EmbalmerBabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like these, they are convenient, self sharpening, easy to apply,and come in fun shades. There is a light minty ness that you barely notice. They have a very subtle shine factor. I picked up this one which is a lovely tangerine coral shade, and Honey a basic neutral nude shade. It has a bit of a red nuance to it. I have not bought drugstore products in a long time, I will start again because these are really great quality!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2012 11:40:00 PM More reviews by timothybcat

I hope no one sits down and reads all my reviews because they'd just fall asleep reading over and over how I'm cool-toned and have to be careful when choosing warm colors and blah blah blah yadda yadda yadda. But threw and internal temper tantrum and told myself, "Everyone else gets to wear orange and coral this summer, so darn it, so do I!" Couldn't have done better with my little rebellion, because this is a very wearable and sassy orange-coral. It may or may not have a bit of shimmer when you look at it from a certain angle, but on the lips it just looks juicy, like the inside of a very ripe tangerine. And I think that kind of makeup is what summer is all about: brightness, fun, freshness, festivity (I did not try to come up with all those "f"s, ffs!). I don't think I'd advise you to wear this at your conservative place of work, but it's very wearable and flattering. These Balm Stains are selling out left and right, so I'd say snatch this if you see one, so you can have the perfect color for summer.

UPDATE 3/19/2014: I recently pulled this out because I needed some summer in my life, and it's even more beautiful than I remember. It's kind of a reddish-orange-coral in this bleak weather, and the reddish tinge helps it bridge the gap between this bleak winter and the impending spring. It doesn't emphasize any fine lines in my lips and makes them look fuller, actually. Some people have trepidation that orange lips will make their teeth look yellow, but with this I've found it to be the opposite: my teeth look whiter. The staying power is great and the finish is satiny but I wouldn't say it's creamy or shiny. It's even better than I originally thought. I just have to bump this up from four the five stars: a really stellar product!

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2012 12:33:00 PM More reviews by scareyj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

On my lips this is a medium/light orange shade. My lips are quite pigmented so this does not show up bright on me. I have to put several layers of this color on. I love the minty smell of these balms and I do not find that they dry out my lips.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2012 8:12:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I would not repurchase this because the color is not flattering on me. It's like a straight orange color. Not horrible, just not my preferred color. Everything else is great though. Would probably look lovely on darker toned/complexions skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2012 7:43:00 PM More reviews by nir15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this color specifically for the summer since tangerine lips are in this season. When I first put this on, I was kind of put off by the color. I have medium brown skin so when I put on about 4-5 heavy swipes of this product, I looked a bit like a clown. But after taking it off and re-applying it more lightly, the color looked a LOT better on me. So, a little bit goes a long way with this color in my opinion.

On my skin, the orange shows up way more than the coral. Maybe it's because I don't have lighter skin? I know Emma Stone wore it on the red carpet at some awards show and it looks more coral than orange on her fair skin.

The packaging is comparable to Clinique's Chubby Sticks. I find that the chubby sticks are wayyy more moisturizing though. The balm stains are $9 whereas the chubby sticks are $16, so if you really are looking for a more moisturizing product, go for clinique.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2012 9:53:00 PM More reviews by cocolovescocopuffs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Its a bright color. I can't really pull it off. Its a very pretty orangey coral that has high impact. The color last for hours.

It smells like mint and is a bit drying.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 9:44:00 PM More reviews by crissy234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product because it definitely lasts for most of the day. It looks straight up orange in the tube; on my lips, it turns into more of a coral color. It does dry after a few hours, but I just swipe some more on and it's fine or you can just put a regular balm on top b/c the stain remains on your lips.