October 1, 2014 | 2032 users online

Lip Treatments - E.L.F. - Studio Lip Exfoliator

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2014 12:14:00 PM More reviews by xxSam

I've been using this for about a week and absolutely love it! This cold New England weather has my lips very chapped and flaky. After using this product and then putting some EOS lip balm on after, my lips are soft and smooth. I use it every night as part of my routine. And I found it for $3 at Walmart. I will definitely be buying this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 12:00:00 PM More reviews by leahlovesrosie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG lip exfoliator! I love the convenience of the stick. I wet my lips, then rub the stick all over them every night before I apply my night balm. In some lip exfoliators I've tried, the exfoliating beads were too small to do anything. With this, they were just right. I find when I use this before I use a lip balm it makes my balm work better. Super cheap and convenient, I would definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2013 7:03:00 PM More reviews by turtlebug

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Can't say enough good things about it. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! Will never be without it from now on.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2013 4:48:00 PM More reviews by ShortAndProud

Works well but doesn't last very long. I'm going to repurchase this because of the price though. It works very well for the price so if you have chapped lips I would get it.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by RomaSae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this with all my heart, say it was a holy grail, etc. I was so excited when I finally found it in stock at Target. Man, I was giddy.

Then I got home and starting playing with my new treasure, and...I was disappointed. It took a few tries to get through the smooth top layer, and I felt some satisfaction upon feeling the gritty sugar. Felt I was finally getting somewhere!

First I used water to aid in the exfoliation, but it didn't seem to help. (This is how ELF directs on the package.) Disappointed, I then coated my lips with Nivea's lip butter and then used the lip exfoliator. My lips felt smooth but tight, almost dried out. I put on another coat of lip butter. My lips are fine with the lip butter on them, but once it fades away my lips started flaking and chapping...something which never happened to that extent before.

At first I thought it was just because I overused it the day I bought it, so I calmed down to use it once or twice a week. Same effect. It tastes sweet and feels luxurious, but unfortunately the long terms results aren't what I expected. I'll stick to a toothbrush/washcloth and honey or something.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2013 8:12:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

For a cheapie product, this is surprisingly effective. Unlike a lot of other bulleted lip exfoliators where you can't feel anything (hello, The Body Shop), this one has actual grit--sugar--that I can feel. Unlike lip exfoliators in a pot that are a mess to apply (hi, Fresh and Tarte), this applies precisely, conveniently and without mess. It does the job and leaves my lips soft and flake-free. My only complaint is the packaging: the bullet was easily dislodged. But I'll give this five lippies anyway since it's one of the better exfoliators on the market. And for $3, you can't go wrong.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2013 8:21:00 AM More reviews by Icyvixen

The only thing that kept me from giving the maximum rate is that such package looks cheap and so unreliable.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/14/2013 4:17:00 PM More reviews by nancyellenb

I purchased this product after hearing rave reviews about it - not only on the site, but from several YouTube makeup gurus that I follow/watch. Unfortunately, I did not have a good experience with this product. It seemed overly "gritty" and harsh on my lips, and instead of making them feel soft and supple, they became, red, irritated, and scaly. Not sure if there was too much "grit" in the stick I purchased, but I'll stick with my overpriced SUGAR lip exfoliator over this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2013 2:01:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I saw this in the store and quickly checked MUA. :) I saw the glowing reviews so I picked it up, knowing that the price was good. I do have some facial scrubs I hardly use that I had occasionally used on my lips, but this pleasantly surprised me in how much better it was than that method. Firstly, it tastes way better lol and actually seems to work. But what I really love is that it's like a lipstick. How freaking convenient! I think this is my only 5 lippie package review. How perfectly obvious! I love it. Also it has all these nice oils and even my kids will use it (FINALLY to help their dry chapped lips!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2013 8:46:00 AM More reviews by stimwink1

I am a lip exflolating addict. I have several products from ETSY vendors which I love but ELF I love because I can stick it in my bag and tote it with me to use if I need to exfoliate my dry lips before using highly pigmented lipstick.

The formula at least on my stick is a little too gritty and dry on the flat end so I gently rub that on and then flip it to the otherside that's a bit more creamy. I'll get a weird shape I know but because it's not my color I can live with it.

The smell is honey and brown sugar and it tastes that way too. I do lick mine off then apply a balm like blistex renewal or silk and shine. blot it off then add my color.

Yes I will repurchase again. IT's my on the go product!