April 24, 2014 | 929 users online

Lips - Revlon - Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain- Romantic

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2012 8:12:00 PM More reviews by seattlegirl

I want this to be my HG lip product, but it just has too many failures.

Pros: the stain it leaves behind is really long lasting. plus, it usually wears off nice and even unless my lips are super dry. but it does wear off WAY more evenly than any other lip stain I've ever tried. so it could have been my HG stain!

Cons: it looks pretty when I first put it on, but when it goes away, the stain it leaves behind is way too bright pink/fuchsia on me. I would prefer a more neutral rosy dark pink color. this just ends up too fluorescent. also, it feels like a nice balm (like burt's bees classic lip balm) but does not actually seem to really keep the lips hydrated.

I am finding that I like Crush the best out of all of these.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2012 5:07:00 PM More reviews by roguttmann

easy to put on and dont need a miror for that. but... it doesnt "stain" the lips because it comes off unevenly and very quickly. its also drys my lips.
and on photo its looks glowy and very - very pink!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2012 2:55:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the twist up packaging and the pinky red colour, but after using this on and off for the past month I had to toss it into trash. My issues with this lip product is the formula. I find this product tends to bleed around my lips and the peppermint oil severely irritates and dries out my lips. I definitely won't be repurchasing any other of the shades in this lip product collection.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2012 2:29:00 PM More reviews by 00Lindsay00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Fantastic! holds well, moisturizing...much better than their prev. lipstain. My new faves, I now have them in 3 colours! The only downfall I would say is the fake peppermint smell..luckly it fades quickly:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I could write a pretty standard review, but I think this about sums it up:
Last night I went out wearing this for the first time. I don't usually do reds and it was a bit bold for me, but it is really pretty so I just went with it. I got hit on by a guy who was at least five years younger than me, in front of both my husband and his girlfriend. In the midst of his come-on, he called me "the girl with the lipstick." When he went to the bathroom, the girlfriend asked me what the lipstick was, remarking, "It looks like gloss, but the color is still there after you ate! I have to know." I whipped it out of my purse and told her. Clearly, this one is a winner. (And I got to see her dump her boyfriend later on, who was clearly not a winner. Good for you, girl.)

It goes on a subtle, glossy, bright-ish red that is a really flattering tone. A little shiny at first which fades with wear. It makes my teeth look whiter. The stain part lasts as well as the balm part moisturizes (both very well). The big crayon is fun and easy to use. I seriously recommend these. Both colors that I have (so far) I love, and the formula can't be beat.

24 out of 28 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2012 11:42:00 AM More reviews by pfft

I just bought this and its my first red lipstick. Although I would have liked a blue based red this lip stain does not overwhelm you. I would definitely recommend this or one of the lip butters in apple or cherry tart for a first time red lipstick wearer.
ALL of the revlon just bitten stains have great staying power and are much more pigmented than the clinique chubby sticks.
I have yet to try the Tarte lipsurgance sticks but still would put my money on the revlon ones especially pricewise.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2012 2:22:00 AM More reviews by PaulaNC

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

While I adore Adore (doesn't pick up orange on me) I'm less than thrilled with this one. I'll try it in the daylight, but it looked vibrant orange, not the pretty cherry pop color that's been described. I'll update, but, I think it will go back. LLL, NW20/25 MAC.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2012 12:49:00 PM More reviews by Fancee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

A beautiful, casual, red. I have a couple of red lipsticks, this is the only one that I can wear on a very casual day. It's comfortable, and very easy to apply. Will repurchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2012 10:59:00 AM More reviews by mbah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite lip product ever!

I'm a lightskinned black girl and my natural hair color is a lighter brown. I dyed my hair jet black and it made me look a bit washed out.
With a bit of blush and this lip color, I look sooo sultry its unbelievable.
My coworker even bought it too because of how it looks on me. It makes me look younger and healthier because of the color it ads to me.
I'm always fishing for this at the bottom of my purse. It lasts long as well but I'm always reapplying!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2012 2:24:00 AM More reviews by rhiannonheather

First off, let me say that the color is beautiful. When I want a classic red lip, this is the first shade I think of.
It doesn't stay on as well as I could hope, although it is better than most of my other lipsticks and glosses. I have a few stains that stay on longer, but they also dry my lips out outrageously, and this doesn't. It fades in the center first, so I try to keep it in my purse so that I can reapply.
Whenever I wear it, though, I always wonder if it's fading into the liner look that my grandmother gets after she's worn her lipstick through lunch. It makes me a bit self conscious. A friend of mine asked me why I kept rubbing the edges of my lips.