November 28, 2014 | 1252 users online

Lips - Revlon - Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain- Romantic

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2012 3:08:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Not a fan of the color... at least not on me. To me, it looked like ketchup on my lips. Probably would be best for people that do not have cool-tones.
These are my FAVORITE lip product. They are comfortable on the lips. Smell nice. No unpleasant taste. The best part is they ACTUALLY STAIN MY LIPS! All over stains I've tried not only dry the hell out of my lips and are uncomfortable, but they don't stain.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2012 2:41:00 AM More reviews by thelilacdawn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not really a lip person considering that I just use baby lips or chapstick. But for this a first start, I really liked it. It's a great finish. I like the peppermint smell. I apply after lunch of course to give it that freshened look. It is kissable, my boyfriend likes it. Only problem I have is how it's shaped. I would have rather it be shaped like lipstick for a little bit better application but its okay.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2012 7:38:00 PM More reviews by wiseowl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

One of the two reasons I'm reviewing this product is that I have an application tip that I think others might find useful. On to my review.
The reason I took off a lippie that is the presence of peppermint, which means people like my mother with lip sensitivities would have issues with it.
Otherwise, I am really impressed with this product. It has competed, and won, with my pricier lipsticks when I need an everyday product with few touch ups as opposed to my statement lips lipsticks. In the past, I had wondered about the Clinique chubby sticks, but now, I'm not going to bother trying the Clinique when I can get this product for less. So, while like many Revlon products it's on the pricier end of ds products, this product makes an attractive alternative to the even pricier Clinique and Tarte options. It has my husband's approval: it really is kissable. While the gloss and remaining stain last the day with normal meals and activities, I find the stain is at its most even distribution if I re-apply after lunch. By itself, the product starts out as wearable neutral red and leaves behind a natural cherryish stain.
However, I experimented and found a really useful application with this product. Wanting SPF, I first apply EOS balm with SPF protection. When I then apply the Revlon balm stain, the effect is less pigmented. Instead, it's more natural reddish--like Lipstick Queen Medieval, only lasting much longer. When the gloss fades, I still manage to have a stain, but the stain is much more even--no fading into lines or needing touch ups. I think the EOS balm acts as a primer that keeps the stain even. Also, with the EOS balm making the Revlon pigment less dramatic, the color is more work-appropriate. I'm presently getting certified to teach and film noir lips aren't exactly appropriate or feasible while spending the day in a classroom. I had thought I wouldn't be able to wear something reddish while teaching. With product combined with the EOS, the color is more of a natural MLBB, healthy lips not makeup, and I can get away with no touch ups. (Teachers are lucky if they can get a single bathroom break.) So, if any readers have similar practical challenges, consider applying a balm first with a texture that can act as a primer.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2012 1:16:00 AM More reviews by mirageangelhope

This just wasn't as pigmented as I was expecting when compared to other colors like lovesick or sweetheart.It's red but it isn't opaque you can still see your lips underneath.I would get this much color by using 2 coats of baby lips cherry me.
This would be good if you were sure you'd like red or if your new to the color other than that I would pass on this color!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2012 2:29:00 PM More reviews by nursedye

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love these balms. This is a neutralish red that gives you that reddish hint without being overpowering. They feel so good on my lips. I love the tingle and they leave my lips that are always dry feeling soft. They don't really last long but they feel so good i just want to keep putting it on.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by jfjinca

This is a good lip stain, with a few cons. LOVE the color but it loses the cherry red look after a while. It doens't stay on my lips for probably more than a couple of hours. But it leaves my lips feeling soft, even after the balm disappears. Overall, it's a nice product.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2012 5:51:00 PM More reviews by michaelannek

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This works pretty well for me. I don't think it's a true stain, like Benetint or The Balm. but it's easier to apply and does last a long time, AND you don't have to worry about it spilling if you throw it in your purse. I combine Sweetheart and Honey to get the shade that's right for me. I also have this in Romantic, which is nice if I wipe most of it off. These feel great and the lips, kind of conditioning and not at all sticky. Very happy with this purchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2012 2:46:00 PM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I'm a wee bit obsessed with these balm stains. When they first came out I purchased several.
Things I love in general about the product: Chubby twist up stick, no sharpening. Lovely mint scent and tingle, very refreshing. Feels extremely light on lips, not greasy or waxy. Moisturizes nicely. Fades evenly for the most part.

Shade wise... Romantic allows me to flirt with a reddish shade w/o feeling overly self conscious about it. I like that I can very lightly dab it all for that "I just ate a popsicle" look or I can put it on a bit more heavily. Definitely a warmer more orange based red! Again the problem with these stains is that they do not look like on lips how they appear in the tube or even swatched on your hand so I think reading reviews before you purchase any of them is a must! However there is a freshness to this color that I like and I think it is best worn very lightly. The stain it leaves behind is also very fresh and youthful. I would consider repurchasing this shade.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2012 8:12:00 PM More reviews by seattlegirl

I want this to be my HG lip product, but it just has too many failures.

Pros: the stain it leaves behind is really long lasting. plus, it usually wears off nice and even unless my lips are super dry. but it does wear off WAY more evenly than any other lip stain I've ever tried. so it could have been my HG stain!

Cons: it looks pretty when I first put it on, but when it goes away, the stain it leaves behind is way too bright pink/fuchsia on me. I would prefer a more neutral rosy dark pink color. this just ends up too fluorescent. also, it feels like a nice balm (like burt's bees classic lip balm) but does not actually seem to really keep the lips hydrated.

I am finding that I like Crush the best out of all of these.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2012 5:07:00 PM More reviews by roguttmann

easy to put on and dont need a miror for that. but... it doesnt "stain" the lips because it comes off unevenly and very quickly. its also drys my lips.
and on photo its looks glowy and very - very pink!