Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain- Romantic

4.2

on 12/31/2012 6:14:00 PM

Pleasantly surprised with this purchase! It's my favorite lip product that I've ever had. That sounds drastic I know I know.
Great, easy packaging. Nice shape.
Pretty good amount in tube.
Glides on smoothly. I've only noticed it not gliding so smoothly when either it wasn't warmed up or my lips weren't warmed up. either way, an easy fix (roll it between your hands for a few moments.)
Nice build-able color. Not too strong on the first coat, just a nice hint. Can add more drama with more coats.
Only downside is I didn't find it very staining. Had to reapply a few times throughout the day. (The only reason I only gave it 4/5.)
Overall, I wound definitely buy again and recommend it to others!

on 12/24/2012 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I absolutely love these balm stains! My mission is to own every colour!
Why is this good?
1) Easy to apply. No mirror needed
2) It is moisturizing. Feels like regular lip balm with amazing colour pay off!
3) Great for those with dry lips like me. No matter how often I exfoliate my lips I always have flakes! Recently tried Revlon colour stay lipstick. It was long lasting but it highlighted every dry flake and every crack in my lip! (Definitely do not recommend for dry lips)
4) The staying power is amazing! I usually time products like these and managed to get 10 hours out of this! Includes eating and drinking. Recently bought clinique chubby stick. Although slightly more moisturizing then then Revlon it only lasts a dismal 2 hours and needs constant re-application. Also costs twice the price!

In summary, you will never need another lipstick. There are colours to suite every need and every occasion! Once again Revlon has proven why it is my favourite cosmetics line!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

Though it is not the most pigmented red compared to the other red lipsticks I own, it is a very nice light red. It also provides instant moisture to lips, which I thought was cool because it also had the promise of staining my lips. Sadly, though, I don't feel it works well as a stain. While it may be a tad longer lasting than some of my other lipsticks, it does fade very quickly; even when I don't eat. I use up a lot of product re-applying it throughout the day.
That being said, I still do like this product and plan to test the others to see if they stain any better! This has an excellent peppermint taste to it, too and the packaging is adorable.

on 12/23/2012 5:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is really lovely as an alternative to lip liner as a base for red lipstick - it makes red lipstick last ages and wears nicely, albeit sheer, on its own (buildable though). Another impressive revlon product!

on 12/19/2012 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Not a fan of the color... at least not on me. To me, it looked like ketchup on my lips. Probably would be best for people that do not have cool-tones.
These are my FAVORITE lip product. They are comfortable on the lips. Smell nice. No unpleasant taste. The best part is they ACTUALLY STAIN MY LIPS! All over stains I've tried not only dry the hell out of my lips and are uncomfortable, but they don't stain.

on 11/25/2012 2:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I'm not really a lip person considering that I just use baby lips or chapstick. But for this a first start, I really liked it. It's a great finish. I like the peppermint smell. I apply after lunch of course to give it that freshened look. It is kissable, my boyfriend likes it. Only problem I have is how it's shaped. I would have rather it be shaped like lipstick for a little bit better application but its okay.

on 11/21/2012 7:38:00 PM

One of the two reasons I'm reviewing this product is that I have an application tip that I think others might find useful. On to my review.
The reason I took off a lippie that is the presence of peppermint, which means people like my mother with lip sensitivities would have issues with it.
Otherwise, I am really impressed with this product. It has competed, and won, with my pricier lipsticks when I need an everyday product with few touch ups as opposed to my statement lips lipsticks. In the past, I had wondered about the Clinique chubby sticks, but now, I'm not going to bother trying the Clinique when I can get this product for less. So, while like many Revlon products it's on the pricier end of ds products, this product makes an attractive alternative to the even pricier Clinique and Tarte options. It has my husband's approval: it really is kissable. While the gloss and remaining stain last the day with normal meals and activities, I find the stain is at its most even distribution if I re-apply after lunch. By itself, the product starts out as wearable neutral red and leaves behind a natural cherryish stain.
However, I experimented and found a really useful application with this product. Wanting SPF, I first apply EOS balm with SPF protection. When I then apply the Revlon balm stain, the effect is less pigmented. Instead, it's more natural reddish--like Lipstick Queen Medieval, only lasting much longer. When the gloss fades, I still manage to have a stain, but the stain is much more even--no fading into lines or needing touch ups. I think the EOS balm acts as a primer that keeps the stain even. Also, with the EOS balm making the Revlon pigment less dramatic, the color is more work-appropriate. I'm presently getting certified to teach and film noir lips aren't exactly appropriate or feasible while spending the day in a classroom. I had thought I wouldn't be able to wear something reddish while teaching. With product combined with the EOS, the color is more of a natural MLBB, healthy lips not makeup, and I can get away with no touch ups. (Teachers are lucky if they can get a single bathroom break.) So, if any readers have similar practical challenges, consider applying a balm first with a texture that can act as a primer.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

This just wasn't as pigmented as I was expecting when compared to other colors like lovesick or sweetheart.It's red but it isn't opaque you can still see your lips underneath.I would get this much color by using 2 coats of baby lips cherry me.
This would be good if you were sure you'd like red or if your new to the color other than that I would pass on this color!

on 11/10/2012 2:29:00 PM

I love these balms. This is a neutralish red that gives you that reddish hint without being overpowering. They feel so good on my lips. I love the tingle and they leave my lips that are always dry feeling soft. They don't really last long but they feel so good i just want to keep putting it on.

on 11/8/2012 10:25:00 PM

This is a good lip stain, with a few cons. LOVE the color but it loses the cherry red look after a while. It doens't stay on my lips for probably more than a couple of hours. But it leaves my lips feeling soft, even after the balm disappears. Overall, it's a nice product.