August 30, 2014 | 980 users online

Lips - Revlon - Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain- Romantic

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2012 2:29:00 PM More reviews by nursedye

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love these balms. This is a neutralish red that gives you that reddish hint without being overpowering. They feel so good on my lips. I love the tingle and they leave my lips that are always dry feeling soft. They don't really last long but they feel so good i just want to keep putting it on.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by jfjinca

This is a good lip stain, with a few cons. LOVE the color but it loses the cherry red look after a while. It doens't stay on my lips for probably more than a couple of hours. But it leaves my lips feeling soft, even after the balm disappears. Overall, it's a nice product.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2012 5:51:00 PM More reviews by michaelannek

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This works pretty well for me. I don't think it's a true stain, like Benetint or The Balm. but it's easier to apply and does last a long time, AND you don't have to worry about it spilling if you throw it in your purse. I combine Sweetheart and Honey to get the shade that's right for me. I also have this in Romantic, which is nice if I wipe most of it off. These feel great and the lips, kind of conditioning and not at all sticky. Very happy with this purchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2012 2:46:00 PM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I'm a wee bit obsessed with these balm stains. When they first came out I purchased several.
Things I love in general about the product: Chubby twist up stick, no sharpening. Lovely mint scent and tingle, very refreshing. Feels extremely light on lips, not greasy or waxy. Moisturizes nicely. Fades evenly for the most part.

Shade wise... Romantic allows me to flirt with a reddish shade w/o feeling overly self conscious about it. I like that I can very lightly dab it all for that "I just ate a popsicle" look or I can put it on a bit more heavily. Definitely a warmer more orange based red! Again the problem with these stains is that they do not look like on lips how they appear in the tube or even swatched on your hand so I think reading reviews before you purchase any of them is a must! However there is a freshness to this color that I like and I think it is best worn very lightly. The stain it leaves behind is also very fresh and youthful. I would consider repurchasing this shade.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2012 8:12:00 PM More reviews by seattlegirl

I want this to be my HG lip product, but it just has too many failures.

Pros: the stain it leaves behind is really long lasting. plus, it usually wears off nice and even unless my lips are super dry. but it does wear off WAY more evenly than any other lip stain I've ever tried. so it could have been my HG stain!

Cons: it looks pretty when I first put it on, but when it goes away, the stain it leaves behind is way too bright pink/fuchsia on me. I would prefer a more neutral rosy dark pink color. this just ends up too fluorescent. also, it feels like a nice balm (like burt's bees classic lip balm) but does not actually seem to really keep the lips hydrated.

I am finding that I like Crush the best out of all of these.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2012 5:07:00 PM More reviews by roguttmann

easy to put on and dont need a miror for that. but... it doesnt "stain" the lips because it comes off unevenly and very quickly. its also drys my lips.
and on photo its looks glowy and very - very pink!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2012 2:55:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the twist up packaging and the pinky red colour, but after using this on and off for the past month I had to toss it into trash. My issues with this lip product is the formula. I find this product tends to bleed around my lips and the peppermint oil severely irritates and dries out my lips. I definitely won't be repurchasing any other of the shades in this lip product collection.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2012 2:29:00 PM More reviews by 00Lindsay00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Fantastic! holds well, moisturizing...much better than their prev. lipstain. My new faves, I now have them in 3 colours! The only downfall I would say is the fake peppermint smell..luckly it fades quickly:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I could write a pretty standard review, but I think this about sums it up:
Last night I went out wearing this for the first time. I don't usually do reds and it was a bit bold for me, but it is really pretty so I just went with it. I got hit on by a guy who was at least five years younger than me, in front of both my husband and his girlfriend. In the midst of his come-on, he called me "the girl with the lipstick." When he went to the bathroom, the girlfriend asked me what the lipstick was, remarking, "It looks like gloss, but the color is still there after you ate! I have to know." I whipped it out of my purse and told her. Clearly, this one is a winner. (And I got to see her dump her boyfriend later on, who was clearly not a winner. Good for you, girl.)

It goes on a subtle, glossy, bright-ish red that is a really flattering tone. A little shiny at first which fades with wear. It makes my teeth look whiter. The stain part lasts as well as the balm part moisturizes (both very well). The big crayon is fun and easy to use. I seriously recommend these. Both colors that I have (so far) I love, and the formula can't be beat.

25 out of 29 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2012 11:42:00 AM More reviews by pfft

I just bought this and its my first red lipstick. Although I would have liked a blue based red this lip stain does not overwhelm you. I would definitely recommend this or one of the lip butters in apple or cherry tart for a first time red lipstick wearer.
ALL of the revlon just bitten stains have great staying power and are much more pigmented than the clinique chubby sticks.
I have yet to try the Tarte lipsurgance sticks but still would put my money on the revlon ones especially pricewise.