December 20, 2014 | 1703 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2014 1:56:00 PM More reviews by Moogeek

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. I am usually a HE kinda gal but this is my favorite DS foundation. The finish and coverage are great and it lasts all day on me. I'm NC20-25 with olive undertones and I have a good color match with Sand Beige.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2014 9:21:00 PM More reviews by jeanie350

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am an older woman and really have to buy foundation with care due to fine lines and some wrinkles.Used Mary Kay for 25 yrs but was tired of consultants and the pressure for beauty shows etc..Just this past week was the real test for colorstay as I had early appointment for 9:00 am.Did not stop till late at night makeup was great....phone call had emergency and left house did not come home until 9:30 a.m. next morning looked in the mirror and the makeup was still great could not believe it.....I use Buff and did buy sand beige but sand beige will darken and not look as good as the buff.Buff is a little light in color for my skin but looks much better through out the day...I am really impressed with this makeup and hope that they keep the formula as its great for me....I use oil of olay and a primer before I apply the makeup.Apply with fingers and have a smooth finish also use a sponge to take off any excess..Use powder blush and light dusting of powder to set the make up....Price will vary from store to store .I have tried the liquid but like the whipped better....just read today that drug store makeup is as good or better than high end dept.store cosmetics......

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2014 1:51:00 AM More reviews by asmolkin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

The color I have, true beige is ever so slightly not as perfect as I would like. Wish it were a tad brighter or more pinky.

I like to play up the color on this because of the pigmentation. Early tan is a nice peachy toned color. I can get awway with if I want to look kind of tanned. This makeup does not ozidize. I find most mousse makeups do not ozidize which one of the reasons I like mousse makeups

I think the name and marketing is deceiving. I really dont think the consistency is whipped! i dont even think it belongs in a jar. It is a really heavy liquid...it is like a lead paint consistency. if you have seen paint, that is the consistency. very unsanitary and also very messy..it gets all over.

I only wear this if I am outdoors or I know I will have a trying hard day, and I am exhausted...and I know I need a heavy coverage to mask my tired looking face. It is a good mask like makeup without being too heavy. And that is when I wear it. It normally is too heavy for me...I am not into the heacy makeup look...this will sure make it look like you are wearing some, so be prepared...

dont think that this is all necessarily criticm. This kind of makeup does have its place in the makeup world. A lot of high ened foundations, aim to acheive the same finish and staying power as the revlon colorstay whipped, so I am not knocking it...i just dont need this everyday. I like to show my face. it depends on what you want

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2014 12:35:00 PM More reviews by mlutebay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

As someone who has struggled with hormonal, cystic acne and oily skin on and off since the age of 13 (I'm now 25, almost 26), it has been impossible to find a foundation that does not make my face a veritable oil slick and/or a mountain range of painful acne. I have tried everything, from Bare Minerals to Clinique to high- and low-end drugstore brands. While I do have to give a shout-out to anything Clinique, it just got too expensive to buy a new $30 tube every month to month and a half. I've been on the hunt for the perfect drugstore foundation forever and finally found it in Revlon Colorstay Whipped. It is AMAZING. The texture is perfect, it is easy to apply, and the coverage is moderate to full yet not cakey. I have tried several "whipped" or "mousse" foundations and they ALL made my face incredibly greasy by the end of the day. Liquid foundations tended to melt off of my face, leaving it splotchy with little coverage, and powders always looked too makeup-y and fake. This is the only foundation I have ever (ever!) used that leaves my face non-oily all day until I take it off; there is never reason for me to reapply or touch-up throughout the day. It was easy to find a color that matched my skin tone (200 for me) and, for me, it does not oxidize to a different shade after a couple hours of wear; what you see is what you get. The tub is small and the price is a bit high for a drugstore foundation ($14.50 where I live), but it is totally worth it. A little bit goes a long way; a tub usually lasts me about a month and a half! And the best part it, it does not make me break out! It truly is my Holy Grail, miracle foundation.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2014 4:44:00 PM More reviews by desiw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Being in the beauty industry I love finding Drugstore brand makeup thats comparable to the prestige brands as not all of my clients can always afford the high end stuff. I myself struggle with finding foundations which meet my expectations as I'm blessed with the skin type "combo/ T-zone oily" uugh in addition to fine lines on the forehead. So I want the coverage without the weight, no settling in the lines and something that stays put for more than 3 hours! Not to much to ask I think.. So based on rave reviews and really liking Revlon ColorStay Liquid Foundation, This too needed to be tried-n-tested.
The color selections were limited so I picked up the #250, did a swatch test, it disappeared as it should..Sold! I used it this morning following my daily routine of = Cleans, tone, oil-free moisturizer, primer, then foundation Note: I do NOT set my liquid foundation with powder as this creates the cake-effect (on me) I prefer to set with setting spray. The whip went on smoothly (used fingers then blended with stippling brush) it blended very easily and oxidized into a very nice airbrush/matte finish. as it did, I noticed It also lighten up a bit, too much for my liking. So I set out to exchanged this 250 wanting a 300 or 310. Walgreens, CVS, nor Walmart had either of these! my next option was a 320. NOT happenin. It's now 6.5 hours later from time of application and it feels greasy. It doesn't look greasy but still Not the result I get from the liquid version.
In conclusion and in my humble opinion, if you live in a humid state, have combo skin this may not be your best fit. However, what this comes down to is that each of us have our own expectations and idea of our perfect foundation. These products produce different results for each person, so give it try and in worst case if you don't love it simply return it.. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2014 3:22:00 AM More reviews by MTMB7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This has been my HG foundation since it came out. If you have oily skin and deal with foundation oxidizing all the time, I highly recommend this! This stays put no matter what! It's definitely a long wear foundation. It's also a heavier coverage so it covers blemishes better than anything I've tried, yet it doesn't FEEL heavy. It's a light, almost mousse like creme and blends in easily. My advice is to use a a light hand. You don't need much of this foundation. I apply is with an Eco Tools Stippling brush and an Elf small stippling brush to get around the eyes and nose, and this is my favorite way of applying this foundation. So, after using this consistently since it came out, I decided to try Bare Minerals for a while because I've always been curious about it. I completely stopped using this all together for a few months and truly forgot how much I loved it. The Bare Minerals felt thick on my skin, did NOT cover blemishes well and had little to no staying power, also showed every little dry spot and bump. When I went back to my Revlon Colorstay Whipped I was reminded of how much better it is. My skin looks airbrushed.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 4:21:00 PM More reviews by ambiguouslove

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

i LOVE this product. i've only used it with my real techniques expert face brush. and it works really great. the coverage is a little less than the liquid version of the revlon colorstay, but can still be built to a medium or full coverage.imo this lasts longer and the finish is more natural, a kind of "my skin but better". the original colorstay foundation is fabulous too however, the finish is a little too matte looking when intially applied. the whipped colorstay foundation looks more true to skin and the oil control is fabulous. when the original foundation breaks down at the end of a 12hr day i see shine peaking through but when the whipped foundation breaks down at the 12th hr i just look slightly luminous. the only thing i'm not entirely enamored with is the large bulky packaging this comes in (not good for traveling). and the only other gripe is that it does stick to my dry patches. but its not a breaking point for me. my color is buff and i'm a nc20-25. the color match for me is also pretty spot on.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2014 4:05:00 AM More reviews by erikareanne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product looks lovely on the skin once it first goes on but it definitely doesn't last! After about 1 to 2 hours I looked like an oily mess.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2014 1:45:00 AM More reviews by candymarie2

I love this stuff! It gives me just the right amount of coverage and applies on the skin perfectly! It's such a nice product for a drugstore foundation! I love the jar it comes in. It looks nice and expensive! This foundation will last me for a long time because a little goes a long way! I will defiantly repurchase this!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2014 2:33:00 AM More reviews by makeuprubies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Cream/Mousee foundations are my favourite to use as they're good coverage but not heavy. I bought this in buff, which is the lightest. The coverage is full and you don't need alot for your whole face. I'm not 100% on the packaging and don't like using a lot. Overall nice foundation :) little pricey though.