August 21, 2014 | 1806 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Setting Brush

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2013 9:46:00 AM More reviews by unicornkopi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love Real Techniques brushes but this is the only one I'm not so fussed about. It's lovely and soft like all the others, but not as dense (which is pretty necessary for a setting brush really). I did at first use this with my Ben Nye loose powder under my eyes and on my chin but it didnt pack the colour in enough for me, it just felt like it was dusting it around a bit.

It's too soft to use for much else in my opinion, as I use a lot of cream products including cream blush and highlighter. I might try this with some blusher for contouring but other than that I never pick it out of my brush jar. But I got it for free in the 3 for 2 at Boots so it's not all bad!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2013 6:57:00 PM More reviews by daisysteiner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'll be honest, based on the reviews I expected this to be much softer. It's not really scratchy, but also by far not as soft as some people make it sound. I suspect this is in part because of the fact that it also isn't as dense as I thought.

Despite all of that, this is still a very decent brush of a unique size and I can recommend it. It picks up just enough powder product to be used with setting powders or highlighters, and it's nice for blending creams, although it's not quite dense enough to really buff them in. It also provides a beautiful finish.

Overall a good brush you won't easily find a dupe for.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2013 4:37:00 AM More reviews by LishWilliams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a fantastic brush. I think it's the only real technique brush that I truly like.

It was like a dream (like all real technique brushes)
It's so soft which is perfect for around the eye area. I use It for contouring/highlighting/ powder/brush....anything that's a powder really. It's great if your traveling light, because this one brush can do so much. This brush regained my faith in real technique brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 10:30:00 AM More reviews by vuvie

Dries fast after cleaning. Does not shed. Oh so soft to the skin.

Lovely for highlighting and like reviewer below, I use it for LM brightening powder for under eye sometimes.

Pixiwoo really knows how to make brushes!

But I won't repurchase cause for everyday light makeup, this is not necessary. Could learn to use it in a different way, fall in love and come back here to edit my review.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2013 4:11:00 PM More reviews by StephB

Nice little brush! I use it to set my undereye concealer with my LM Brightening Powder. I occasionally set spot concealer with it. It's super soft and does the job I need it to do without smudging anything off or scratching. I'm glad I purchased. I was using some random Bare Escentuals small foundation spot brush prior to buying this. There is no comparison.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2013 4:38:00 AM More reviews by Mocksoup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great for shimmer highlight! Great quality, great price! Leagues better than the more expensive brushes I have bought over the years. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2012 4:02:00 PM More reviews by kheyme03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this brush so much. It is a must have for highling and apply your undery eye setting powder. I use Ben Nye Banana Luxury Powder and this brush just sets in on nicely and doesn't make it look cakey at all. I also use the expert face brush. I plan on purchasing more brushes from this line.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2012 10:03:00 PM More reviews by cmacintyre100

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great little brush. I use it to set concealer under eyes and on blemishes. Also use for cream or powder highlighter, it's the perfect size. As with all RT brushes, it is wonderfully priced. I haven't had any problem with excessive shedding. When I did purchase though, there were a couple bristles that were a little longer than the rest, however I just did a little trim job and it worked out. Purchased on iHerb.com as these are not available in Canada. Will purchase more from this line.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2012 11:47:00 AM More reviews by Airam07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Let me just start off by saying that on most days, my makeup consists of just under eye concealer, some kohl on the waterline, mascara and lip balm. This routine takes less than 2 minutes but the only bit that gets on my nerves is when my under eye concealer or liner migrates. Enter the Real Techniques setting brush. This brush is PERFECTION.

I was using the MAC 224 or the Chikuhodo Z-2 brush before because both were small-ish and could deposit powder without looking chalky. But the 224 wasn't big enough and the Z-2 at times was too big. The Setting Brush is the perfect combination of both because it's small, fluffy, SOFT, and tapers slightly at the tip so it fits perfectly under the eyes. This has made my daily routine so much easier because now I just dab on some Bobbi Brown concealer and finish it with a light dusting of Laura Merceir Secret Brightening Powder. Not only does it prevent creasing, but it makes my makeup last and look fresh through out the day. I love that the size of the Setting Brush is small enough that powder doesn't get on my cheeks.

I can also see this working great for highlighter, contouring and even for foundation for foundations that are light and water-based like MAC Face & Body. Overall, I HIGHLY recommend this brush. It's unique in shape, inexpensive and really well-made. HG HG HG.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2012 3:49:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

This is another fantastic brush by Real Techniques.
It is soft yet firm enough to pick up products and lay it on the skin, great for shading the nose; or laying down a base on the eyelid.
If I need extra coverage undereye, I will use whatever cream/liquid and set it with powder, using this brush.
Already got 2 more.