October 1, 2014 | 1565 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2013 7:25:00 AM More reviews by seleenabaylon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've always been a fan of Clinique due to the fact that they are allergy tested. I'm only really turned off by the price because where I live, make up can be super expensive. I was previously using Maybelline's Fit Me foundation in the shade 310 but after going through my second bottle I finally realised that it was just too light and too dewy for my liking. I then gave in and bought my Clinique in #19 sand shade and it is a true match - makes my skin look really nice, coverage is really good and it doesn't let out oil as much after a few hours of wear (and with setting powder on top.) I would totally buy it again but I will just have to source a website that sells it for a little less since the department store charges so much!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by flawlessbackflip

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

still on the hunt for my HG foundation. my skin is very oily and this doesn't keep it at bay like i thought it would. it also slides off of my face even with primer, powder, and setting spray. the color is good but the staying power and not keeping me matte is why i won't repurchase. it's a whatever foundation, not terrible, not great. i will still use it until i'm finished with it. the packaging is great though and clinique foundations always last forever.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2013 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Stg16

This was the first ever Clinique foundation that I have used. I have never been a big foundation fan as it always causes me to break out however for special days or nights out I use it to even my complexion. This foundation was the best I have used in a while! Before this I owned a Chanel liquid and Dior 'forever' foundations. Both had appeared to do the job when first applied however even with powder they seemed to slide off my face and felt very unnatural to wear (if that makes sense!). Clinique's stay matte foundation really does work... It is the first foundation that I have found that stays put on the T zone (especially my nose area) and covers with a even/brighter/great coverage. It does not feel too thick yet it makes my skin appear brighter and much smoother. It does not appear to cause as many break outs either which is great! I was never sure about Clinique products however I have been very impressed and will definitely be buying this foundation again. The price is not cheap however I definitely believe that paying a little extra can really make the difference with all make up (as long as you do your research first!). If you are a girl who doesn't want to look plastered in make up but wants it to stay put and look fresh this is the one for you! I have an oily complexion across my T zone so an oil free formula is essential.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2013 4:27:00 PM More reviews by thaonlylakergirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Deep Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I just received a sample today in Sienna. I like it from a texture and color match perspective. I'm just not a fan of squirt-out liquid makeup; it can get so messy.

Clinique seems to be the only make-up company that gets most dark chocolate skin has reddish undertones. Even Fashion Fair seems to not realize this. When you have deep chocolate colored skin, your makeup needs a hint of red undertones otherwise the color will look gray and dull when applied. In the package, dark brown makeup without any red undertones may look great and like a perfect match, but apply it and it's a different story. At least that's the case with my skin.

I always forget how much I appreciate Clinique for consistently getting their darker colors right and start looking around for alternative brands only to come back here.

I will post an update in a few weeks.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Roxas1234530

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I enjoy this product. It is not HG for me, but it is indeed a nice product. My nose is sooooo oily. Like it has never had a dry day ever. My forehead is also slightly oily as well as my chin. I always use a primer and loose powder with foundations but I always develop some quiet a bit of shine on my nose and a little on my forehead and chin. This actually controls shine a lot better then other foundations I've tried, and I've tried A LOT. I still get oil breakthrough, but it comes a lot later in the day and is not as bad. This product is also rather lightweight and the coverage is light-medium and is buildable. ALSO ONE BIG THING I LIKE, it does not break me out.:) I am soooo acne prone and this is oil-free and great for my acne-prone skin.
Overall, yes I would repurchase until I find my true HG product.:)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2013 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Mmdesrochers

I have a hard time finding a foundation that gets along with my oily skin. I've tried so many it's not even funny. I hate switching to a new foundation because of the guessing game when it comes to shades. I thought I'd go to a department store and get color matched, and see where it went from there. I picked Clinique since I've used and liked some of their mascaras, and it's allergy tested. I explained to the consultant that I had oily-acne prone skin and wanted to find something that could last through the day and still looked natural. She sat me down and went to work picking a foundation, powder and blush. She explained that the Stay-Matte foundation would work great for me. The way she did my makeup was amazing--I can't seem to duplicate lol. She color matched me with "Cream Chamois." My skin just looked so pretty and fresh. I have in and bought the foundation for about $22. This is honestly the best product I've tried. It blends in wonderfully, the packaging is hygienic and I get all -day coverage without retouching frequently. Whenever I see my dad he always comments how pretty my complexion is. I don't have a problem with breaking out from this, it doesn't have any strong smells and isn't hard to remove. I do wish it was a little less expensive, but you pay for what you get.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/2/2013 3:50:00 PM More reviews by kellicandi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

most of the positive reviews are coming from gals in a lower age group, but i think if you read from the higher age group with more experience, you'll notice the truth about this product. i was/am a loyal fan of estee lauder double wear but because my skin is extremely oily this was mentioned as a substitute by someone. IT DOES NOT WORK! i have super oily skin, and this product controls the oil no better than any drugstore brand at half the cost. and it doesn't blend well at ll, despite going on over a primer and/or lotion. the color i was matched with (5/fair) ended up being way too orange for my skin and now i have a useless product that needs to be tossed. i would say that it 'cotrolled' oil for about 2 hours maximum, and did slightly better than that - maybe 3-4 hours, when set with powder. the revlon colorstay for oily skin and estee lauder doublewear are superior choices to this; even though they don't make claims to control oil, they do so much better. not recommended at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2013 12:35:00 AM More reviews by heymeina

I have oily and acne prone skin so I wanted something that would cover it and keep my skin matte and oil free. Normally I wouldn't want a liquid foundation for oily skin but this actually helps A LOT. Even in 90+ degree weather (Texas summers are awful) my makeup stays fresh and clean. I do need to reapply if I'm outside for more than 4 hours but that's reasonable because the foundation is formulated to stay perfect in 80 degree weather and it's definitely not 80 degrees in Houston Texas. The price is definitely worth it. Department store prices are usually twice the amount. Basically I love this foundation and I've bought it twice already. I'm always trying to find something better but so far this is my favorite.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by linergirl16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

I thought I would like this foundation but instead am going to return it. Despite the name stay matte, my face was very very oily after an hour. Bought the oil remover sheets just for this. Plus, it made me break out especially on my nose. I figured that it just clogs up your pores. I was hopeful to try it but going back to MAC.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2013 5:27:00 AM More reviews by ShwetaDewan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love Clinique! Prior to using this, i was using Clinique BB Cream which was excellent too but since BB cream has very poor color selection, I thought of giving this a shot.

This is a great matt foundation. Note I live in New Delhi and have a 50 degree summer sun, so take my word when i say it's matt. It stays with you till your day ends, has medium coverage (therefore looks natural), a little can go a long way, it is light weight gel based and value for money!

Oil control formula is pretty good, it does not make my skin more oily than it already is, and hence i am not complaining. I only have to blot maybe twice a day which is normal, given the weather conditions i live in.