Maybelline Eye Studio Master Precise Ink Pen Liner

3.5

on 7/16/2014 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought it at Rite Aid when they were having a 40% off sale of all Maybelline products, so I was able to get it for less than $5, which was totally worth it. Heck, even if I had to buy it full price I would buy it again. I first tried it at a friend's house when I had forgotten my makeup at home. Up until this point I had been using a liquid liner with a very thick brush and it was horrendous for me since I prefer to basically have the smallest line possible.
This eyeliner makes that not only possible, but extremely easy to achieve. I was able to apply it like a pro after my first few uses. Do you prefer thicker lines? No worries, this can do that too and it will probably turn out fairly straight and even. Even on my extremely oily eyelids it lasts a long time and doesn't seem to smear much. There is no need to go over one area over and over again to obtain an opaque line, one swipe is enough.
For the price, I really would recommend giving it a go.
The one tiny little bit con is that the lid can be sometimes hard to take off, and with lotion on your hands it is near impossible. But hey, at least there is no danger of it ever falling off.

on 7/13/2014 5:57:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I really like this eyeliner, the felt tip end makes it really easy to draw a precise line although i found that it wasn't very black and i have to go over it a few times to make it dark enough.

on 7/2/2014 2:03:00 PM

I don't know if this has been reformulated but while the line is precise, it doesnt not stay on fot very long. The general shape is there but it becomes a faded gray. It also smudges quite a lot even when it should have dried. I can gently touch it and I'll see a black mark where the surface of the liner came off. Its comparable to the NYC liquid pen liner in staying power and smudginess.

on 7/2/2014 8:59:00 AM

This eye liner lasts all day long. The tip makes the application very easy. Keep in mind this doesn't smear off as easily either. If you by chance mess up you'll have to wipe it off right away or use makeup remover to help. I like it that I don't have to worry about the color fading by the end of the day.

on 6/11/2014 11:06:00 AM

I can't stand this eyeliner! The formula is okay, goes on evenly and stays on for long enough but the applicator, ick! The brush is too long and you never get formula in the very tip of it so getting a precise, thin line is impossible!
I much prefer the Maybelline gel liner because at least then I can choose which brush I use. It also stays on longer and I think it has a nicer texture.

on 6/10/2014 12:18:00 AM

I love how precise, non-messy and dark this is, it last a decent time in humid weather. And very decently priced.

on 6/2/2014 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This product does just about everything well. The packaging is great. The pen tip is absolutely fantastic. It is super easy to hold steady and get the shape that you want, and I haven't had any issues with it drying out.

So why two lippies? Because the most important thing about liners is, at the end of the day, the pigment. And this just did not deliver. First, a disclaimer - I have naturally jet black hair. if something is not highly pigmented or true black, it's going to look it on my face. I don't have much wiggle room with that. This was just disappointing. The pigment was not intense enough at all, and ended up looking like a washed-out gray-black on my face. I layered it, hoping that it would get better (because, again - the packaging is fantastic, and I had such high hopes for it). No luck. I'm sure that you could get a more intense color if you push down more, but I don't really want to do that on my delicate eye area every day, and it also makes it harder to get a straight line. What I did have on my eye did not last through the day.

I will say that this is just an issue that I often have with pen liners in general. The felt tip usually just doesn't lend itself to as rich a color as a gel or ink that is applied with a brush, so this isn't just an issue with Maybelline (I recently tried the new Eyeko pens to similar results).

So I will not be repurchasing this. I probably won't even be finishing the pen that I have. It's back to the dreaded ink pot and brush for me, until I find a pen version that I actually like.

on 6/2/2014 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

The Maybelline Eye Studio Master Precise Liquid Liner is a must-have for every beauty kit.
It glides onto the skin easily, without patchiness, leaving a true, pigmented shade in it's wake.
A steady hand is required for application as it will go absolutely everywhere if your hands are unsteady, but after a little practise it works perfectly.
This product will last all day, particularly if you've used a primer.
The only downside is that if you have oily skin, it will run a little, but not nearly as bad as using a gel liner.
I would absolutely buy this product again as it makes eyeliner application a lot faster.

on 5/27/2014 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love the look of liquid eyeliner, but I was never good at applying it. My favorite thing about this eyeliner is that it is in ink pen form, that makes it easy, and the finish is great! When I bought this, I was skeptical because it the first time I used it, it dried out. When I put the cap back on and waited a while, the eyeliner was back to normal.
Long story short, this eyeliner is easy to use, has an amazing finish, and lasts a long time. I would definitely recommend it!

on 5/27/2014 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I stopped wearing liquid eyeliner, not only because I was terrible in my application, I also failed to find one that I loved. Previously I used Kat Von D autograph liquid liner. The color was good but it wasn't long before it started to fade off. Also it's a very small package and usually didn't last me all that long for my $20.

Then I saw this. It was a couple dollars off at my local Walmart and I decided to go for it. $6 is cheap enough to fail or feed this. The pen is nice and easy to use, the felt tip is kinda fat, but tapered and not flimsy making the application work well still. It's nice and black!!! It's matte, and it stays on like a mutha! I also I had used the ever raved about Stila pen and found this was much better. It doesnt flake or fade. The Stila pen bled in my micro lines and just looked awful. It's double the cost of my Kat Von D and triple the cost of the maybelline pen.

So yeah, needless to say I have been using this everyday. It's warm here now and my skin isn't dry as a rock and this stays great. I enjoy having bold liner again because this makes it easy. I have basically got down all my make up application skills, but liner never took hah! So I'm happy!