April 20, 2014 | 2051 users online

Lips - Yves Saint Laurent - Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain (All Shades)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2012 6:25:00 PM More reviews by alisonb77

I have never found a stain before that I like. If they are long-lasting, they are too drying and if they're not too drying, they don't have any staying power. Plus they can often be far too matt for my liking. This product though is genius - it's glossy and non drying and literally lasts all day (if I put it on in the morning, I don't have to think about reapplying all day).

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2012 12:27:00 AM More reviews by mjrq

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

While I like the concept of lip stains, I have yet to find one that actually wears well and evenly after it has been on all day. That being said, this product has the greatest applicator ever! I am usually more of a brush tip fan rather than those annoying spongy tip applicators. This one is absolutely phenomenal which is essential when you are applying stain, particularly the darker and brighter shades. It is shaped to make a mistake-proof perfect lip easily quickly. When choosing a shade, I would stay away from the lightest shades in this line. While I usually prefer the nudes and light pinks, there are one or two shades that don't show up and are have strange undertones.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2012 7:15:00 PM More reviews by sukayna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one MU item I don't mind treating myself to! I have #11 (a rich fuscia pink) and #12 (a pinky coral). Both are stunning colors and look great on my NC30-35 skin. Has a strong rose scent, which I love but I can understand that it may be off putting to a few others. Packaging is gorgeous, functional, and looks nice sitting on my vanity. This has a doefoot applicator which makes it easy getting in hard to reach areas like the cupid's bow and corner of the lips.
Now the reason I suspect these are so raved about is the formula. IMO there is nothing like it, it literally is a "glossy stain." At first it is very liquid on the lips, then starts to set into a gummy texture (I read one blog where the writer described it as apply the thinnest layer of gummy bear on your lips-this is spot on IMO!) Afterwards it sets into a gloss that doesn't budge. This has great lasting power, but don't expect it to last ALL day through eating, drinking, etc.
This really is a pleasure to apply- wonderful scent, texture, colors. It definitely is expensive for a small lip product ($32 for .2 oz) but is a splurge well worth it!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2012 3:09:00 AM More reviews by sweetcandy11204

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At $34 Canadian this was definitely a splurge item. I have #12 which is a coral color.

Positives are: I love the applicator which makes it easy to apply on my lips, one coat on the lips gives it a "my lips but better color" and two coats can give my lips a very dramatic look. The lipstain lasts for a decent amount of time. The packaging is surprisingly light.

Negatives are: Smells like rancid wine. It goes on thick and sticky. This is a product you want to apply in front of a mirror to get clean lines around the lips and for 6ml this product runs out quickly. Also a lot of the colors in this collection are very bold, vibrant, bright colors. The only other color I may consider buying is #7 which is another coral color.

Let's face it, I bought it for the "luxuriousness" attached to the name YSL.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2012 2:50:00 PM More reviews by RIX

I was keen to try these when they launched and took ages too choose a shade, went for no. 15 a fuschia pink was torn between this and no. 17 a baby pink. I find the stain very drying although the initial glossy application holds well and looks fab -shame lips dry out ina really unflattering way by lunchtime!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2012 10:43:00 AM More reviews by mauvellous

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Have one in 12 Corail Fauve and I really like it. It definitely is a "glossy stain", and despite the initial stickiness, it wears well. After eating/drinking the glossiness of the colour fades, but a decent stain remains. It can be applied in layers for a more true-to-bottle colour, but I find after the second layer, I'm good to go.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2012 12:16:00 PM More reviews by RosB

I Have read a lot about this product and was keen to try it. However the sales assistant tried a couple on me and I just didn't like them. Forget wear etc, there just weren't any natural colours in the range. The colours were too dramatic for me, I like a sort of my own lip colour but better. The pale pink looked just weird and the ones that looked most natural in the container were just too much. Pity

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2012 12:09:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

I bought 5 of these about 2 months ago and have worn these several times and I wanted to have my thoughts in a row before I wrote this review. I bought colors 5, 6, 7, 12, 15. They are beautiful colors. Probably 5 gets the least wear out of my collection as it is the most intense. 15 is a tad fuschia on me but I'm surprised how often I wear it nonetheless.

They do last a couple of hours as long as I don't eat anything but I don't get all day wear and I don't get a stain that lasts all day either. With some of the colors I get uneven wear like a "vinylish" coating and feeling on my lips that can be uncomfortable at times so I do not want to wear these 2 days in a row sometimes.

And that brings me to my biggest caveat with this product: They're really drying to my lips especially if I wear them for several days in a row so I purposely have to rotate these with other more hydrating lippies.

Do I regret buying? No I do think they're special but I wish L'Oreal would come out with a drugstore version that would improve on the YSL formula. I'm waiting, tapping my foot impatiently.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2012 12:03:00 AM More reviews by Sween76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Obsessed! I bought 4 and I love!! I am not the biggest fan of gloss because I does not stay. I usually wear a matte lipstick. This product is amazing, there is nothing else out there like it. I love that it wears all day and remains glossy. I like to layer it a couple times (waiting in between coats) to get a rich color. Great color selection.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2012 3:36:00 PM More reviews by samjae

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I heard a lot of hype about this product. Lisa Eldrige and other YouTubers raved about the glossy stain. I bought the #6 Camel Coisiere. The color is beautiful. An orangey, mellow terracotta shade which looks beautiful with my Asian medium tan complexion. The shade is truly stunning. I wanted to love this BUT it made my lips peel and dry out horribly! I wore it two days in a row and noticed that it does not feel comfortable on the lips at all. Plus the stain does not wear off evenly. Have to reapply if you eat or drink. After two days of wear, my lips felt extremely dry, like they've been soaked in alcohol. As if I was in the Sahara Desert! My lips started to pucker and shrivel from the dryness. Then the peeling started. I returned this immediately. Not worth the discomfort. It'll take me at least a week to recover from this bad reaction. Awful product except for the color.