November 28, 2014 | 1810 users online

Lips - Yves Saint Laurent - Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2012 6:07:00 AM More reviews by angelbaby111

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this stain/gloss. Keeps lips moisturized, stays with a gloss look, and doesn't come off until I eat something, which is fine with me. I like to brush my teeth after lunch and reapply anyway. I have # 15 which is a warm pink on me, and I just bought #5, which is a deeper rose pink. One coat of these, nice light finish, two coats and you get a deeper color payoff. I love the way it moves with your lips, no dry, clumpy, uneven wear. I highly recommend. I'm an NW25 for reference.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2012 2:16:00 PM More reviews by WorkinMom3Sons

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I had high hopes for this after reading about it in October issue of Allure. I bought #19 as I wear a light pink/beige normally. It definitely lasts a few hours, however $32.00 for a lip stain that in 4 days took my lips from moisturized to chapped and red. It's going back. I was totally disappointed. My lips were in great condition prior to using this product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2012 11:20:00 AM More reviews by sugarmartini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was a product I really wanted to love. I tried on all the colors on the back of my hand first and then the pale pink and the red on my lips, which were 2 of the ones I liked the most. It's a good thing I tried them on my lips before buying them. These guys are really drying and they taste kind of mediciny. For the price, I think there are far better products out there. I love the YSL sheer candy glosses so I will stick to those until they come out with something that really stands out to replace it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2012 7:01:00 AM More reviews by karenkkk

I own shades 10, 6, 7 and 15. The quality of the product seems to vary between shades. Based on my own personal experience, the more vibrant colours tend to apply better/ more evenly, last longer, and leave strong stains. I have heard shades such as #18 & 19 leave very little stain and apply quite unevenly.

#10 was my first purchase, a beautiful red, which my mom fell in love, so I gave to her. After being applied, it turns a lot redder than it appears in the tube, so be aware. Then I purchased #7 - a beautiful peach coral, which in my opinion is the most natural shade in the range. I bought both of these 2 shades at David Johns in Sydney, Australia. They are retailed for $50 each, which is a complete rip off.

I then purchased #7 and #15 online for about $37 each. I thought I would have loved #15, being a medium pink, but to my surprise, I was quite bored with that colour. Instead, I was completely head over heel in love with #6, an orange shade without strong red undertone. It really brings out the colour of my nc15-20 Asian skin tone, gives me a vibrant and lively look. I used to love it much more than Revlon Lip Butter #15 Tutti Fruitti, another orange shade but with much stronger red undertone.

The product itself is wonderful, judging from the 4 shades that I own. I would have loved them more if not for what they had done to my lips. I knew all lip stains are all quite drying, but after wearing them pretty much non-stop for 2 weeks, my once healthy lips have suffered. They are now tender, red and dry, despite me using paw paw oinments on them every night from the very first time I started wearing them. The product contains high level of alcohol. I have very sensitive skin, and I've always been careful about avoiding products with alcohol. I blame myself for not checking the ingredient list.

I'm very much saddened by my experience. If you have sensitive skin, please wear them with caution.

#6 introduced me to the beauty of orange lip colour. I've purchased MAC Saigon Summer about 2 days ago. I hope it will be able to replace #6 for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2012 9:45:00 AM More reviews by rockstar00

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Rose Tempura #13 (Nordstrom exclusive)
-goes on wet
-use tip of doe foot to line lips then go in and fill them in
-wait a few seconds (6)
-apply 2nd coat
Once you follow those steps you will have the most gorgeous wearable day, night, supermarket, riding the subway lip color ever. This color is the perfect bitten lip look. Think of Rosey pink cherub lips!
Product
-slight smell of wet roses (reminds me of Freedom Rose scent-the deep red/garnet roses)
-applicator is doe foot (soft and effective)
-application easy peasy
-quality of product is 5*
-gloss stayed true for 5 hours, drank, ate etc. (note-did not rub off on glass)
-once gloss wears off the color is still magnificent and Rosey stain (so pretty)
-color payoff is 5*
Pricey but worth it. I prefer 1 rockstar item than 10 mediocre

Overall, fantastic performance and quality. The color range of this YSL line is outstanding. I can see why so many buy a few YSL glossy stains at a time. I plan on investing in a few more colors.
For reference, my go to lipsticks are Nars-Funny Face, Mac-Rebel and Maybelline-Fucshia Fever and now YSL Rose Tempura : D

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2012 6:25:00 PM More reviews by alisonb77

I have never found a stain before that I like. If they are long-lasting, they are too drying and if they're not too drying, they don't have any staying power. Plus they can often be far too matt for my liking. This product though is genius - it's glossy and non drying and literally lasts all day (if I put it on in the morning, I don't have to think about reapplying all day).

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2012 12:27:00 AM More reviews by mjrq

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

While I like the concept of lip stains, I have yet to find one that actually wears well and evenly after it has been on all day. That being said, this product has the greatest applicator ever! I am usually more of a brush tip fan rather than those annoying spongy tip applicators. This one is absolutely phenomenal which is essential when you are applying stain, particularly the darker and brighter shades. It is shaped to make a mistake-proof perfect lip easily quickly. When choosing a shade, I would stay away from the lightest shades in this line. While I usually prefer the nudes and light pinks, there are one or two shades that don't show up and are have strange undertones.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2012 7:15:00 PM More reviews by sukayna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one MU item I don't mind treating myself to! I have #11 (a rich fuscia pink) and #12 (a pinky coral). Both are stunning colors and look great on my NC30-35 skin. Has a strong rose scent, which I love but I can understand that it may be off putting to a few others. Packaging is gorgeous, functional, and looks nice sitting on my vanity. This has a doefoot applicator which makes it easy getting in hard to reach areas like the cupid's bow and corner of the lips.
Now the reason I suspect these are so raved about is the formula. IMO there is nothing like it, it literally is a "glossy stain." At first it is very liquid on the lips, then starts to set into a gummy texture (I read one blog where the writer described it as apply the thinnest layer of gummy bear on your lips-this is spot on IMO!) Afterwards it sets into a gloss that doesn't budge. This has great lasting power, but don't expect it to last ALL day through eating, drinking, etc.
This really is a pleasure to apply- wonderful scent, texture, colors. It definitely is expensive for a small lip product ($32 for .2 oz) but is a splurge well worth it!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2012 3:09:00 AM More reviews by sweetcandy11204

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At $34 Canadian this was definitely a splurge item. I have #12 which is a coral color.

Positives are: I love the applicator which makes it easy to apply on my lips, one coat on the lips gives it a "my lips but better color" and two coats can give my lips a very dramatic look. The lipstain lasts for a decent amount of time. The packaging is surprisingly light.

Negatives are: Smells like rancid wine. It goes on thick and sticky. This is a product you want to apply in front of a mirror to get clean lines around the lips and for 6ml this product runs out quickly. Also a lot of the colors in this collection are very bold, vibrant, bright colors. The only other color I may consider buying is #7 which is another coral color.

Let's face it, I bought it for the "luxuriousness" attached to the name YSL.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2012 2:50:00 PM More reviews by RIX

I was keen to try these when they launched and took ages too choose a shade, went for no. 15 a fuschia pink was torn between this and no. 17 a baby pink. I find the stain very drying although the initial glossy application holds well and looks fab -shame lips dry out ina really unflattering way by lunchtime!