August 1, 2014 | 1254 users online

Palettes - LORAC - Unzipped

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2012 9:50:00 PM More reviews by trillium13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This palette is beautiful! I love it. Every shade is beautifully soft and pigmented and blendable. This palette leans very warm. IMO it's more of a pinkish or reddish warm than the Naked palette, which are mostly warmish gold shades to me. They're definitely very different. I personally like the colors in this one better. I love that 3 of the shades here are matte. (3 of the darker ones) None of them are glittery, they just have a beautiful shimmer. If you like warm neutrals, this could be the perfect everyday palette. Every color is perfectly soft, and blends like a dream, and they all go together very nicely. The only thing I don't really care for is the packaging-I don't think it looks as nice as it could, given the quality of the shadows. It looks a bit cheap. But it's definitely well worth the price-I never hear this palette mentioned and I think it definitely deserves more love! It's gorgeous and I very highly recommend it.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2012 2:03:00 AM More reviews by Vanessa07

MY FAV Palette!
These are very high quality shadows, very pigmented. The only two shades that I feel are similar (and ONLY in the sense that they are dark) are the right two top and bottom. I do feel like they are very different shades, just dark. I dont quite understand how anyone would say they all look similar. I would say it depends on the color of your skin. The lightest shade is a like a nude shimmer, usually colors like these are used as highlights, so I dont understand why someone would say you "cant see the color". I can see the color, my skintone is like a "nude, beige." Overall I absolutely love this palette. It could be that these are my fav shades to wear, plums and browns. I love that its not a super shimmery shimmer and the fact that they includes mattes. I usually choose this palette over my Naked2, but thats just personal preference.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2012 6:49:00 PM More reviews by sizza911

I love this palette! It suits me much better than the Naked I palette which I also own. I like that there are an equal amount of matte and shimmer shades. My biggest complaint with Naked palettes is the lack of matte shades so I was glad that this palette has more. The colors lean more toward the pink/burgundy side than Naked and I love how well they blend. I always get compliments on my eyeshadow when I'm wearing this palette. I use the white shade almost every day on my brow bone no matter what kind of shadow I've got on. Pinky brown shades like these make my green eyes pop. I also like the eye shadow primer that came along with this palette much better than my old standby Urban Decay. It's creamier and seems to blend better. I'm going to buy in full size when I've used up all my other eye primers.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2012 12:47:00 PM More reviews by razberry5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this palette. Works very well for me and I love the eyeshadow
primer that comes with. I am redheaded, light to medium skin with pink undertones, and green/blue eyes. I love that the palette is rose-toned. It is different from the usual neutrals. Using the primer, these shadows last me about 14 hours without touching it AT ALL. Great mixture of matte and sparkle to pick from.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2012 11:33:00 PM More reviews by beachesatnormandy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am in love with this palette. I have green/grey eyes, so these colors work wonders for me. I think there is a pretty even mix of glitter to more matted shadows and this was one of the main reason I chose this palette. It allows me to dress it up for going out, or dress it down for a more professional setting. The shadows stay on for a good 10-12 hours, although they do crease you can easily fix it. I have yet to try the primer that accompanies this product, because I have my own personal favorite. However, as soon as that one runs out I will be trying Loracs! I highly recommend this palette for anyone with green eyes because the choices are diverse and you can find something that goes with just about every occasion/outfit and it lasts!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2012 10:50:00 AM More reviews by dbmiller

Adore this palette. As others have said, yes, a lot of the shades lean towards having a rosy hue. I don't mind this for the most part as long as there's a good balance of shimmer and matte shades, which there certainly is. The shades are extremely pigmented and very high quality.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2012 12:54:00 AM More reviews by JennifeRx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

After reading online reviews for this product, I was expecting to be impressed, but I wasn't. There is too much "rose" or too many reddish tones in these shadows. They make my eyes look "off" and they certainly don't brighten them the way UD Naked 1 palette does. My coloring is fair, blonde hair, blue eyes, I lean cool but can wear many warmer shades. I'm not quite sure exactly why these Lorac shadows didn't do it for me. I didn't think the buttery texture or easy of application like with Urban Decay was there in the Lorac product. If the colors suited my better and were less "ruddy," maybe I'd keep this palette, but as it stands now, it's probably going back to Sephora and I will keep Naked 1 and possibly Naked 2.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

This seems to be the palette of the moment, and it will transition us all into the spring and summer. Coffee, chocolate, caramel, rich rose gold, mauves, and burgundy are a new trend for a gradual smokey eye. I think it's more interesting than basic brown or gray/black. I always love the quality of Lorac palettes. They put a lot of thought into them, and they are the same quality as the rest of the Lorac line. This palette is smaller in person than it seems in photos, so be aware of that. It is also $40, more expensive than Too Faced, not as expensive as Urban Decay. If you're not going to use it, then I don't see a point in buying it. I would swatch all of these under a good primer to see how they look on your skin tone. Overall, it's a unique palette, and I love it. There are a lot more reviews for this on Sephora's website, over 80 reviews already, and 99% positive.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No