October 21, 2014 | 1787 users online

BB Cream - Marcelle - BB Cream Beauty Balm

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2012 2:39:00 AM More reviews by LouisaDarcy

As a tinted moisturizer this product is great. It has good coverage, texture, and blends well. The only problem is that it doesnt have spf! BB creams are supposed to be an all in one product. Its a good price and doesnt make me breakout, but didnt save me any time in my skin care routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2012 12:00:00 PM More reviews by Omykiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

On the box:
Hypo-Allergenic
Perfume Free
Paraben Free
Oil Free
Non-Comedogenic
Dermatologist Tested (Duh!)

I just wanted to clear that up since some reviews are questioning these aspects. I understand everyone is different in every way possible, but for ME personally... I LOVE this product!!! I've never tried a BB cream before, but this matches my tone wonderfully, hydrates wonderfully, covers wonderfully for me, has great packaging, doesn't make me nearly as shiny mid-day as other products, doesn't make me break out..... This may very well become a HG product for me! YAYY!!!!!!
I want to point out that I have yellow undertones (I use light/medium), have moderately sensitive combination skin, and mainly use this product to disguise the redness on my cheeks and around my nose. Doesn't make my skin (nose) oily and therefore makeup doesn't become visible or travel around my face throughout the day.
The last point I want to make is that I tried this in the store along with two others before purchasing...
Garnier BB Cream: watery like a lotion, light coverage, pinkish tone, left a crazy sheen after application - NOT good for me!!
Maybelline BB Cream: watery like a lotion, more than two colour options, vanished into my skin providing zero coverage, left slight sheen but not as much as Garnier
Marcelle BB Cream: thick like a cream, medium coverage (hides red cheeks nicely & naturally), soft mattish finish - no shiny sheen, looks dark out of the tube but blends into my skintone beautifully

I also enjoy buying a Canadian product - added bonus :)

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2012 11:25:00 AM More reviews by rebsays

Unlike a lot of people here, I actually like the fact that it doesn't come with SPF. During the day I mix it with my moisturizer before applying, and that provides SPF. At night, I don't want an SPF - this messes up photos and is not necessary. I like having the option of SPF or no.
I like the product - I found that it was a bit heavier than expected (I feel it when I wear it on its own), so I will mix it with a moisturizer.
But over-all good product, easy to apply and blend. A no-brainer :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2012 6:32:00 PM More reviews by jnjf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this bb cream for about 4 months. Its my first bb cream so I don't have others to compare it to but so far I'm liking it. It instantly smooths my skin and blemishes are less noticeable. The shade blends to my skin tone after a few minutes. I have not had any major breakouts since using. However, since I have oily skin I have to blot my face by mid day. I will continue to purchase. Shoppers Drug Mart usually has sales on marcelle products which is a bonus! I use the medium to dark shade and finish with a mineral powder with SPF - an option for those concerned that it doesn't contain SPF.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2012 6:17:00 PM More reviews by vickibetty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

My latest impulse buy but i am really liking it! Got it in light/medium and it makes my skin lovely and smooth. Ir practically vanishes on application but gives a nice coverage. With a little bit of Mac blot powder to finish I keep looking at myself! Pores are vastly diminished in appearance without actually looking like I am wearing heavy make up. Natural look, light and comfortable. Wooop!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2012 10:53:00 AM More reviews by Tina68

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I would like this so much more if it didn't make me so shiny!I got this in the light-to-medium shade and it's a good match. Since I'm very acne-prone I was concerned about potential break outs, but luckily nothing. I love the packaging with the pump tube and just a small squirt is enough to cover my face. Topped off with a light dusting of powder and I'm good to go. When I use it I notice my skin looks like my skin, but just better. I got it on sale at SDM.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 7:44:00 PM More reviews by lookcute14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product. I find it so weird that everyone is talking about breakouts because i've always been soooooo acne prone and i dont find this product breaks me out at all! I love the texture, i find it is very hydrating aswell. I have ditched my foundations and now feel comfortable with just a BB cream...i never thought this would happen. I bought it thinking i would use it on my days off from work to give my skin a break from the foundation but i now wear it to work everyday!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2012 12:58:00 AM More reviews by fallen46

I actually really like this. Nice yellow tone for me skin so it matches nicely, the pump is great, only need one pump to cover whole face, and helps with redness. I don't mind that there's no SPF because I put it on before my makeup anyway. Reading other comments made me decide to stop using it and not to repurchase. Why? Because lots of people end up breaking out from this from the silicones. It never claimed to be non comodegenic (spelling?) But it scared me enough to stop using it because I'm trying to get my acne under control. Sad really.. I liked this product. Think I'm going to order a different beauty balm.

UPDATE* Yup. Once I stopped using I stopped breaking out. Yucky silicones!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2012 1:58:00 PM More reviews by sorrels88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the Marcelle BB cream in the light-medium shade on a whim because it was on sale and I was curious of what this product would be like. I'm surprised by the mediocre reviews for this product because I find it to be a very satisfying product.

My skin is extremely sensitive, dry and I suffer from eczema. I rarely venture out of my regular skincare and makeup routine because a lot of products seem to worsen my condition. I wasn't expecting much from this product, but when I tested it on my wrist in the store, I really liked the silky texture and the coverage. And for $13 on sale, I wasn't risking much. (Approx. $19 regular I believe)

I have been using this product everyday for almost 3 weeks now, and I have noticed an improvement in my skin and the longevity of my makeup after a long, hard work day. My routine with this product is: hydrating toner (Etival), hydrating boost serum (Etival), SPF30 (Banana Boat), BB cream, and for extra coverage a dab of liquid foundation (L'Oreal True Match W2) and pressed powder (Revlon photoready Fair) to finish.

Why I'm pleased with this product:
- great packaging, the pump is convenient and hygienic
- evens out tone, significantly reduces red areas
- decent improvement in the texture, health and hydration of my skin
- the color matches perfectly with my skin tone (very fair with a warm yellow undertone)
- it blends super easy and goes on quickly
- it gives me a subtle glow
- keeps my skin moisturized enough that I don't have to wear a day cream like I used to
- didn't cause me irritation or make me break out
- fragrance free**
- affordable, good product quantity for cost

**A lot of other reviews mentioned it smelled bad, but I never noticed anything during application or when it's on my skin. If anything it smells like most foundations. The fact that it doesn't contain perfume is a huge bonus because fragrance really irritates my skin.

What I don't like about this product

- no SPF
- wish it had a bit more coverage
- will rub off your nose... when making out (haha)

Overall, I consider the Marcelle BB cream to be like healthy concealer and it has significantly reduced the amount of makeup I have to use to cover my problem areas. I've stopped using concealer and don't need to put any extra makeup on my forehead, nose or cheeks. To me, this is very good because the use of less makeup has resulted in a reduction of blemishes and cakeyness after a long day or sweating. My skin is starting to look great all day long, and to me that's awesome!

So, I will likely buy this product again because it works really well with my difficult skin. This being said, I don't think it would work for everyone, but it works well with my particular skincare lineup and skin type. For the cost, I think it's a worthy product to try out and see if it works for you!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2012 9:57:00 AM More reviews by Yishabeila

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

1. This is too YELLOW for most folks.
2. No SPF forces you to add an extra layer of cream on top. Not ideal in some climates.
3. Packaging is great (nice pump).

Ingredient wise, this BB cream has all the possible silicones in it + 2 ingredients that rate 5 out of 5 on the comedogenic scale (type "Acne Detective"): isopropyl myristate (8th ingredient) + sodium chloride (17th). How can they claim it’s non-comedogenic? Nice texture, but I paid for it with pimples.