Marcelle BB Cream Beauty Balm

3.7

on 7/27/2012 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I was at SDM and I was debating on which brand of BB creams to buy. I was going to purchase the Garnier brand since it was cheaper but the cosmetician suggested that I purchase the Marcelle kind since it is non-comedegenic and makes your skin less oily then the Garnier. She tested it out on my skin and I purchased the medium to dark shade. When I first put it on, it looks light but after it gets blended into my skin, my skin looks much better. The only think I hate about this product is the nasty smell. If it wasn't for the smell and if it had SPF in it I would definitely repurchase this again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This product works very well, but unfortunately it is too dark for my fair skin, as a result I have not repurchased this mascara.

on 7/13/2012 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product improved my skin over time so I love it. I've been using it steady and my skin looks even and brighter. Acne scars totally faded and skin has much smoother texture. I have oily skin so I have to finish it with a light dusting of powder but it's gotten my skin to the point where I don't need concealer. I think for $16.99 and optimum points from shoppers drug mart, it's worth a try. If you don't like it, you can cocktail it with another foundation or BB cream which I've done when I'm more tanned and the light doesn't mach as well. I don't think I'll ever use foundation again.

on 7/8/2012 6:58:00 AM

Marcelle is a (lower) mid-range makeup company in Canada. I never purchase anything from Marcelle in the past. Their BB cream was a first for me. I chose the lightest shade (i'm NC25-30 during summer) I think it is a pretty good match. it even out my skin, it brighten the skin and the staying power is pretty good. It is medium to light coverage, the pumps dispense the right amount of products. It doesn't dry up the skin. The downfall, NO SPF!!! and you have to be careful when you use the pump, sometimes the product goes everywhere.

on 6/25/2012 12:38:00 AM

I bought both this and the garnier bb cream at the same time, and have been using them both on and off for the last few months. Both are " light to medium" shade, and Marcelle was about 10 dollars more than the garnier. The differences in these creams are significant. I am really loving this cream, and really hating the garnier one (it is way too pink for my skin tone and immediately makes me feel and look greasy when I don't normally have oily skin). I set this cream with a loose powder and it looks great for hours.

Pros:
beautiful, sheer coverage and dewy finish
covers my acne scars and slight imperfections without looking cakey
leaves my skin smooth and soft
yellow undertones that match my skin perfectly

Cons:
the pump is very temperamental and sometimes clogs/ squirts in all directions
won't cover any significant blemishes ( but that's what concealer is for... not a bb cream)

on 6/14/2012 2:39:00 AM

As a tinted moisturizer this product is great. It has good coverage, texture, and blends well. The only problem is that it doesnt have spf! BB creams are supposed to be an all in one product. Its a good price and doesnt make me breakout, but didnt save me any time in my skin care routine.

on 6/9/2012 12:00:00 PM

On the box:
Hypo-Allergenic
Perfume Free
Paraben Free
Oil Free
Non-Comedogenic
Dermatologist Tested (Duh!)

I just wanted to clear that up since some reviews are questioning these aspects. I understand everyone is different in every way possible, but for ME personally... I LOVE this product!!! I've never tried a BB cream before, but this matches my tone wonderfully, hydrates wonderfully, covers wonderfully for me, has great packaging, doesn't make me nearly as shiny mid-day as other products, doesn't make me break out..... This may very well become a HG product for me! YAYY!!!!!!
I want to point out that I have yellow undertones (I use light/medium), have moderately sensitive combination skin, and mainly use this product to disguise the redness on my cheeks and around my nose. Doesn't make my skin (nose) oily and therefore makeup doesn't become visible or travel around my face throughout the day.
The last point I want to make is that I tried this in the store along with two others before purchasing...
Garnier BB Cream: watery like a lotion, light coverage, pinkish tone, left a crazy sheen after application - NOT good for me!!
Maybelline BB Cream: watery like a lotion, more than two colour options, vanished into my skin providing zero coverage, left slight sheen but not as much as Garnier
Marcelle BB Cream: thick like a cream, medium coverage (hides red cheeks nicely & naturally), soft mattish finish - no shiny sheen, looks dark out of the tube but blends into my skintone beautifully

I also enjoy buying a Canadian product - added bonus :)

on 6/7/2012 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Unlike a lot of people here, I actually like the fact that it doesn't come with SPF. During the day I mix it with my moisturizer before applying, and that provides SPF. At night, I don't want an SPF - this messes up photos and is not necessary. I like having the option of SPF or no.
I like the product - I found that it was a bit heavier than expected (I feel it when I wear it on its own), so I will mix it with a moisturizer.
But over-all good product, easy to apply and blend. A no-brainer :)

on 6/5/2012 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have been using this bb cream for about 4 months. Its my first bb cream so I don't have others to compare it to but so far I'm liking it. It instantly smooths my skin and blemishes are less noticeable. The shade blends to my skin tone after a few minutes. I have not had any major breakouts since using. However, since I have oily skin I have to blot my face by mid day. I will continue to purchase. Shoppers Drug Mart usually has sales on marcelle products which is a bonus! I use the medium to dark shade and finish with a mineral powder with SPF - an option for those concerned that it doesn't contain SPF.

on 6/5/2012 6:17:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

My latest impulse buy but i am really liking it! Got it in light/medium and it makes my skin lovely and smooth. Ir practically vanishes on application but gives a nice coverage. With a little bit of Mac blot powder to finish I keep looking at myself! Pores are vastly diminished in appearance without actually looking like I am wearing heavy make up. Natural look, light and comfortable. Wooop!