November 26, 2014 | 1255 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - NARS - Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2014 12:46:00 PM More reviews by shalie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Before I bought this, I had never used a foundation This has nice coverage, all natural. I am Latina so I use St. Moritz. I have been in 100 degree weather and it has never felt greasy. I take good care of my skin and this product has no parabens, no harsh chemicals.

Alcohol- dries your skin. Sucks up moisture. Heck no!!!!!!

Paraben- A preservative, synthetic ingredient, harsh chemical.

Fragance- you don't need to go to the fragrance department every time you wash your face or put a moisturizer on your face.I read a lot of reviews where women rave about the smell of their moisturizer unfortunately that is drying your skin. Good to your senses not to your skin.

Petrolatum- Petroleum gel, it comes from oil refineries. That's all I have to say about that.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2014 3:09:00 AM More reviews by allonsy

I have this product in Terre-Neuve, and I'm impressed with the color range because it's difficult for me to find very fair shades in tinted moisturizers. This gives just enough coverage to even out some redness and blur mild acne, has a radiant finish without being dewy, and blends easily with fingers. It's not moisturizing enough to completely replace my actual moisturizer, but it also doesn't dry out my skin or cause it to get oily. If I apply a little powder on top, I can easily get 4-5 hours wear out of this product. I would recommend this to someone with normal-combination skin who is looking for a sheer, natural/glowing finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 11:25:00 AM More reviews by Krisjones311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Purchased this product before my vacation. I knew I didnt want to have to pack on my MAC Matchmaster (8.5) every day while im at the beach so I did some research and wanted to buy a TM. It was either Laura Mercier or Nars after comparing the reviews and me liking other Nars products on the past I decided with Nars. I got matched for Polynesia and it matched effortlessly. BTW my skin already is pretty good with maybe a small scar or two from childhood no blemishes no acne no breakouts EVER I just wanted something to give me that extra glow. And boy did it ever my skin was radiant And glowy and all I needed was light coverage and it did just that. It has a slight scent but it goes away. 42 dollars is steep but its worth it. A little goes a long way.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2014 5:25:00 AM More reviews by krystleclear

I've heard so many good reviews on this so I was easily influenced to purchase this, together with the matching primer. I am so disappointed with the coverage and how my skin looks when I am using this. I am not really looking for heavy coverage makeup. Everytime I decide to use this for the day I just feel so disappointed with the finish. I am used to using concealer on my undereyes only. I do not want the added step of putting concealer over my foundation/tinted moisturizer/bb cream because I expect these products to give me the finish that I am looking for. I always just use 1 layer of my base product because I am afraid it will become patchy if I layer on the product. I don't know if I am just not using this correctly but this product is such a disappointment.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 6:01:00 PM More reviews by formularossa

BEST tinted moisturizer I've used, and I've tried a lot. I have very acne-prone skin (ex. Sisley's Tropical Resins serum is the only skincare that works for me, hate it because it's so expensive), so I've been desperately trying to find a TM that fits. I use this product everyday, no foundation, nothing. My skin doesn't break out, it provides good coverage and works for all-day wear (doesn't make my skin oily as the day progresses). It comes in a variety of shades as well.

Highly recommend. I bought it 6 months ago, and I'm still on the same tube with a good amount left.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2014 3:12:00 PM More reviews by anisha12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I've been using this for the last two months now...in the cold dry weather here in UK, its been a lifesaver! I had lots of dry flaky patches on my face which only showed up more after applying my usual Bobbi Brown foundation so I needed to get a good moisturizing long-wearing foundation. Was in a fix about getting this or the TM from Laura Mercier, but finally jumped on this one cuz I have very sensitive, acne-prone skin and this had great reviews. My skin looks dewy and healthy soon after I apply this and my dry patches just disappear. The coverage is sheer but whatever you apply stays on for a long time...i'm talking 6 hours in an airconditioned office. I love this! I have it in St. Moritz which is a neutral toned match for Bobbi Brown Honey skin. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2014 12:36:00 PM More reviews by xylz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Pros:
-The shade is perfect match for me. I love Nars when it comes to their coloring. They always offer best colors for Asians. (NC 35 and purchased St. Moritz)
-It is very lightweight, non greasy, and absorbs fast on the skin.
-Does not oxidize or counter act when layered with foundation.
-Evens the skin out and it has SPF. Great for people who needs a minimal coverage and less problematic skin.
-The price is right, although it is $42 but considering my tube lasted for 7 months since you don't need a whole lot of product each use.
-Did not cause break out and black heads on my acne prone skin.
Cons:
-It is sheer, so if you think you can use this as a foundation substitute then be prepared to use a great concealer if you need to cover up problem areas.
-In winter, I felt that I tend to use more product to hydrate my skin. If you have a very dry skin then you might need additional moisturizer.
-Depending on the amount you need to use, this product can be considered expensive as a daily moisturizer (specially for drier skin).

Bottom line, I enjoyed using this. Very easy to use and the color is a perfect match but for now, I will not repurchase this. I will be trying out other products and hopefully find something more hydrating with more coverage. If everything else fails, I am positive I will get back in using this. I recommend using this to anyone, who wants a light coverage for everyday use and to a younger make up user, specially teens who might not need a lot of coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 2:59:00 PM More reviews by alextuthreefour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My new favorite tinted moisturizer! I used to use one from Sonia Kashuk, then I upgraded to Laura Mercier's Oil-free version. I really enjoyed it, but after I used it up I decided I wanted to try something new. The NARS offering is great, I use the shade Alaska (NC20-25). I find it has a bit more coverage than both SK & LM and it also is a tad less luminous. Now, I have oily skin, but I still love the look of glowy skin but too much luminosity coming from products + my skin's natural oiliness can go overboard VERY quickly. I use this without a moisturizer or SPF underneath, NARS radiant creamy concealer, and MAC mineralized skin finish natural and my skin looks great for hours. I do need to touch up, however (I just used a blot powder, translucent). Love it!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 1:37:00 AM More reviews by staceyd2401

I had been trying to get into tinted moisturisers for a little while now but wasn't sure which one would suit my needs. I wanted slightly more than light coverage, non oily formula on my normal skin, I didn't want to need a powder to set and it needed to have a decent wear time. Well after trying a dozen different samples from different brands I finally decided that the Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser ticked all of the boxes. It is pricey here in Australia at $62 but I do really love it and wouldn't be without it in my summer routine now!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2014 2:38:00 PM More reviews by deluxeccf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

NC30ish (yellow/olive undertones) - tried out St. Mortiz & Groenland. Normal to combo skin. Fading acne scarring.

I badly wanted this to work for me but couldn't find a color match. Groenland was very beige and almost noticeably pink in some lights. When I asked for a sample of this, the SA said I was a "textbook St. Mortiz". Unfortunately, St. Mortiz is too dark and orange for me. It was recommended that I use fingers but I prefer a flat top brush.

Coverage is light, which I don't mind because I use a heavier concealer anyway. Finish is satin IME. A compliment I received while wearing this was that I had "luminous skin". I do feel that I have to set this with a more oil controlling powder though because I prefer a demi matte finish. Lasts all day for more but it does transfer easily. I did use another moisturizer and primer underneath this; treated it like a normal foundation.

Price (with tax) is $45. Citrusy/orange scent. Sleek tube packaging.