October 24, 2014 | 1407 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - NARS - Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2014 2:09:00 AM More reviews by kimmurs

I have light-medium, yellow toned, combo skin. I got this in Alaska or Light 2, which unfortunately is too light for me now (works when I'm at my palest though). Evens out nicely while still be light as a TM should be, what I really like about this product is the finish! So natural and dewy, very soft and satin feel. Never broken me out, I do get shiny easily so I make sure to set this with a light dusting of powder. One thing is I found the scent a bit weird, not really bad but almost reminded me of lemon cleaner, maybe that's just me though. Also if you have dry skin I did notice it highlights dry areas not too nicely, I typically make sure to moisturise these areas very well before applying this and it helps a bit.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 2:59:00 PM More reviews by alextuthreefour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My new favorite tinted moisturizer! I used to use one from Sonia Kashuk, then I upgraded to Laura Mercier's Oil-free version. I really enjoyed it, but after I used it up I decided I wanted to try something new. The NARS offering is great, I use the shade Alaska (NC20-25). I find it has a bit more coverage than both SK & LM and it also is a tad less luminous. Now, I have oily skin, but I still love the look of glowy skin but too much luminosity coming from products + my skin's natural oiliness can go overboard VERY quickly. I use this without a moisturizer or SPF underneath, NARS radiant creamy concealer, and MAC mineralized skin finish natural and my skin looks great for hours. I do need to touch up, however (I just used a blot powder, translucent). Love it!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 1:37:00 AM More reviews by staceyd2401

I had been trying to get into tinted moisturisers for a little while now but wasn't sure which one would suit my needs. I wanted slightly more than light coverage, non oily formula on my normal skin, I didn't want to need a powder to set and it needed to have a decent wear time. Well after trying a dozen different samples from different brands I finally decided that the Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser ticked all of the boxes. It is pricey here in Australia at $62 but I do really love it and wouldn't be without it in my summer routine now!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2014 2:38:00 PM More reviews by deluxeccf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

NC30ish (yellow/olive undertones) - tried out St. Mortiz & Groenland. Normal to combo skin. Fading acne scarring.

I badly wanted this to work for me but couldn't find a color match. Groenland was very beige and almost noticeably pink in some lights. When I asked for a sample of this, the SA said I was a "textbook St. Mortiz". Unfortunately, St. Mortiz is too dark and orange for me. It was recommended that I use fingers but I prefer a flat top brush.

Coverage is light, which I don't mind because I use a heavier concealer anyway. Finish is satin IME. A compliment I received while wearing this was that I had "luminous skin". I do feel that I have to set this with a more oil controlling powder though because I prefer a demi matte finish. Lasts all day for more but it does transfer easily. I did use another moisturizer and primer underneath this; treated it like a normal foundation.

Price (with tax) is $45. Citrusy/orange scent. Sleek tube packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2014 11:44:00 AM More reviews by Maryamm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I don't have problem or acne prone skin. I do however have imperfections like redness around my nose and some darkness around my lips. I'm in the shade St. Moritz! It's lightweight and it literally feels like I have nothing on!! I used to apply with my fingers but how I started applying with a foundation brush from Sephora. It definitley leaves a shiny "glow". But I noticed applying with my fingers just makes me look super oily (I have VERY DRY SKIN btw). So, a brush works better.

One thing I don't like is that the glowy skin and coverage vanishes after 2 hours. Or maybe I'm just looking at it too hard. I also want to confirm that it does stick to dry patches!! But when I use a moisturizer before application that seems to stop it from happening.

I'm not sure if I will repurchase but I am leaning towards yes. Only since I do not need to wear foundation - and LM products have harsh chemicals - so Nars TM is probablly the way to go.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2014 3:15:00 AM More reviews by zygotica16

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Went into Sephora to restock my Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream in Fair and got talked into Nars Tinted Moisturizer in Terre Neuve.

The color was a little too dark, but my main issue was with the texture. It reminded me of a water based high end foundation I had when I was a kid - it spread thinly into all of my pores, leaving a wash of dry, noticible color. It emphasized pores I didn't know I had.

The only way I was able to get this looking acceptable was to use a moisturizer followed by a primer, to keep it from settling.

Returned it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2014 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Ss121213

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Color: Martinique in medium dark 3

I so so sooo wanted to love this product and I really do as far as match and feel go. However it makes me super duper oily within an hour or so even with primer and setting powder. I love the glow as well but not for me. I tried Mary Kay tinted in bronze 2 and really liked it but they no longer sell it and I'm not sure about thier CC cream. I went to sephora to return Nars and asked for sample of Laura mercier tinted oil free in walnut and BAM! instantly I fell in love ---- perfect match finish and feel. So matte and pretty good coverage even without concealer and my Mac skin finish in dark. Wow wow wow @laura!
Both Nars and LM are expensive as ever but hey if it's a great product that I will use often and gives me that flawless look without looking too made up I say it's worth every penny. Amazing for the oily ladies and gents out there!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2014 9:56:00 AM More reviews by marquita19

This feels great going on. Nice and moisturizing with decent coverage, however after a couple of hours it makes my face oilier. I have combo skin. would not purchase again. also the color is a bit too orange on me, I got it in the shade alaska.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 6:49:00 PM More reviews by jendane123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this! It blends really easily and doesn't feel cakey!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2014 10:23:00 PM More reviews by savyy

This was very runny but I was surprised by how good the coverage was. Unfortunately it made me look dry but at the same time made my t-zone oily. It also settles horribly into fine lines. Also, for sensitive skin It has fragrance in it.