December 21, 2014 | 1398 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Airbrushing Pressed Powder SPF 30

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2012 8:17:00 PM More reviews by jccmz

I have fair, NC20-25, sensitive, oily, breakout-prone Asian skin and I like this powder a lot. I started out a month ago with the shade Beige, which looked perfect when I put it on, but a few hours later, it had oxidized to a darker color. Please note that this is typical for me -- almost ALL foundations, concealers and powders oxidize on me so I just use lighter shades. For instance, I use Smashbox Studio Skin SPF 10 in shade 1.1, which after it oxidizes, looks perfect on my skin. I had to return the Beige and exchange it for Creamy Natural, and also picked up Translucent.

I like this product because it is creamy and goes on smoothly. It is not chalky/dry but it does not really hide pores/imperfections.It makes my skin appear matte and helps even out skin tone but I have very oily skin and I have to blot frequently (every 2 hours or so) while using this powder and reapply the powder each time.

--------Update ------- Since writing the above, I've been using several new and other compact powders and have decided I prefer the Revlon Nearly Naked powder and Rimmel's Stay Matte powder. They are both less heavy than this PF and apply to give a much nicer 'airbrushed' effect, hiding pores/imperfections and I need to blot less with them than the PF. I am beginning to doubt whether SPF in powders really work, to be honest, so I'm concentrating on getting SPF in primer or moisturizer under my foundation rather than powder.

I have changed my Overall Rating to 3 lippies (from 4 a year ago). I would probably not repurchase this product again.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2012 8:40:00 PM More reviews by Beautlfy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this. I don't know how Physicians formula did it - but it really does look airbrushed. I was looking into buying a 'Temptu' compressor and hop onto the airbrushed makeup band wagon, until I looked around the drugstore and saw this powder and decided to give it a try.
I use this powder over the "Sally Hansen Air Brushed Legs" - which is a leg makeup in a spray can, but i use it as a face foundation.
And when I set it with this powder - WOW. It looks like I went and spent over $200 dollars on real airbrushing equipment. I get so many compliments.
I saw a few people complain that this powder is sparkly, but I feel like a lot of powders get a bad rep from people who have oily skin. My skin is very dry and this powder has a "sheen" to it - i wouldn't call it glitter, just a sheen. Kinda like the NYX stay matte but not flat powder. Anyway, the sheen it has makes my dry skin look hydrated, nourished, and airbrushed. I wouldn't recommend it to people with oily skin. I will repurchase this, and I also love the packaging. It reminds me of the beach with its rich metallic blue compact, and the wavy, desert sand-like texture imprinted onto the powder itself. Very nice!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/10/2012 11:33:00 PM More reviews by kateybrooke

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this because the store was out of the regular mineral wear powder, and I needed something right then.

Words really can't express how much I hate this powder. It's cakey, and using "enough" to get the coverage I was used to with the regular powder makes me look pasty. The texture is just not good, and it doesn't look natural at all.

I used the powder while I waited for an amazon order (of the normal mineral wear powder) to come in. During that time, my (extremely sensitive, which is why I use PhysForm makeup to start with) skin became irritated, even more dry than usual, and red. Once my regular powder came in, I tossed this one. I'm never going back!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2012 10:36:00 PM More reviews by GenosGirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this powder. I don't like to wear liquid foundation but I still need good coverage. I have normal skin but I wear a moisturizer. I wanted a powder that would last, look natural and give good coverage. This one does it all. It's now my staple powder. I got translucent and I love shimmer in my powder. I've read some of the reviews complaining about it having too much glimmer in it but I didn't even notice it until it was mentioned on this board. It works well for me . Happy make-upping, everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2012 12:54:00 AM More reviews by purplekiwi22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I Luv It! It does come with a really nice mirror which flips up so ignore person who says it doesn't. It has a really interesting creamy texture which when applied to your skin is glowy but matte and hides my freckles and works fantastic over liquid make-up. I was nervous about trying it but really glad I did. I bought translucent. FYI Target has it with a coupon stuck to it that says buy one get one free. I grabbed a blush instead and guess what it worked! So I got a pretty new blush and this for price of one. Brush is a bit odd but it does work in a pinch like everyone esle I used a better brush to apply. I'm very happy with my purchase it has a youthful finish to it. I also feel's like its good for my skin - talc free. I wore it today and went for a hike with my family and my skin did not feel irratated or itchy or sticky. It will be interesting to see how long it lasts me as not sure how deep the pan is. Hopefully I can find it again for a deal.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2012 5:24:00 PM More reviews by roxyower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The people who are complaining have got it all wrong!!! It looks beautiful on!!! It never gets oily, never gets cakey and looks SOOO natural. The packaging is nice and it does have a mirror so whoever said that must've not lifted the lid haha. I will endorse this product till I die because I love it so much!! I hope they never get discontinued. I am FLOORED by all the negative reviews when I came on here specifically to rate this product because I love it so much!! The ONLY thing they need to do is get mor colors but I am very pale and all the colors are perfect for me!! Even in the summer!

UPDATE: 2/18/13

I STILL love this! I have been messing around with other liquid foundations and I do not know why I ever stray away beause NOTHING is like this. I seriously cannot NOT come back to this. It provides amazing coverage but doesn't look like you are wearing any makeup. Soo amazing and doesn't make me look "dead", it glows and makes me look healthy. PLEASE DONT EVER DISCONTINUE!!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2012 5:16:00 PM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've only used this product 2x but decided to write a review for how it's worked for me thus far because of how truely delighted I am with this product :)
My local Target store has select Physician's Formula products buy one get one free right now so I stocked up on the original talc-free mineral wear (the one w/multi-colored pressed pwdr) because it's been a staple in my makeup bag for several years now. Since I could get something free, I picked up this & didn't really expect much..
First of all I expected the "Translucent" shade to be too dark (it looks darker than NC15 & *slightly* orangey in the pan) but luckily is a nearly perfect match. (for reference my skin is just a hair lighter than NC15, oily and acne/clog-prone. I also have brown hair & eyes)
I also expected the coverage to be too much like the original Talc-Free Powder but it's much much better. Not full coverage, but more light-to-medium. I was also able to get more medium-to-full coverage by applying one layer with a powder fluff puff then a 2nd layer with a kabuki (NOT the "buffing kabuki" that came with it though Lol) :) I tried it for the 1st time yesterday with no primer (to see how it performed) and was very pleasantly surprised - I really can't call it an "airbrushed" look, but IMO, it's as close to an airbrushed look that a pressed powder can give, and I'm impressed! So I'm wearing it again today with primer and all I can say is wow, really. I don't notice the "sparkles/glimmer" that other reviewers have mentioned? I even wore it outside this morning when taking my son to school. I'm *hoping* I continue to NOT find it to be sparkly or shimmery in any way because shimmer is not flattering on my oily, 30yr old skin..
I DID take 1 lippie away for other reasons though.. 1st of all I just purchased this not even 4 days ago & the pan is already loose from the compact and seems like it's about to fall out :( &No, I have not been rough with it. Also the bulky compact *ugh* PF tends to make their compacts bulky in general though so it's not a huge deal I guess, & the final thing that doesn't exactally thrill me is the "buffing kabuki brush" that's included.. It's pathetic to be honest. I have quite a few PF cosmetics & they're all very hit or miss for me, but quite a few of them have really nice brushes that come included but this is NOT one. -All are minor complaints though as long as this product continues to perform well. &Also the verdict is also still out on breakouts (just b/c it's too soon to tell) I have finicky skin that does really well with some cosmetics, then goes crazy with others but I'm hoping that this agrees with my skin because I'm loving the look it gives! Hopefully I will remember to update in a few wks but so far, so good!
*UPDATE*
I decided to update now that I've used this 20x times, and have changed my initial rating of 4 lippies up to 5 even though my pan is still a little "shakey" and seems loose from the bulky compact because I've been loving this so much! It has become my HG powder foundation, I can't believe how much I've been using this stuff. I actually went back up to my Target store to see if these were still BOGOfree and they were, so I picked up another as well as the "Talc Free Mineral Wear Airbrushing LOOSE Powder" (which is also nice, but not as great as this for reference)
This powder works with primer, or without it. It's called "mineral powder foundation" and many mineral fntdns that I've tried leave a noticeable powdery look but this never does. This has lasted on my oily skin more than 15 hours several times now, also through sweat and rain, and has given me NO issues with breakouts or clogged pores (which was my main concern after leaving my initial review)
I honestly couldn't be happier with this and have been using it daily as my foundation, and when I need a little more coverage, I can wear it overtop of my liquid fndtns and it adds to the coverage of the liquid without adding a powdery look :)
This is a definate hit for Physician's Formula and I'll continue to repurchase. My only regret is not trying it sooner ;)
Thanks for a wonderful powder foundation PF!!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2012 12:09:00 AM More reviews by silverlinkss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Best powder i have ever used. I can't believe all the negative reviews on this, i guess it really goes to show products work very differently on different people.
I use this over my foundation and i have horrible acne, this does a fantastic job covering it. Even though i wear full coverage foundation (revlon colorstay) This powder always makes my make up look complete and set.

I'm very light skinned and translucent works just fine for my coloring, i dont understand why people think it looks so dark.

If you're looking for something natural this isn't for you, but if you want great coverage while still looking like skin i highly recommend this.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2012 8:08:00 PM More reviews by Sagehen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to be able to find a powder sunscreen on the ground, but this was sorely disappointing. I got this in translucent because the "colors" were all too light. First of all, the packaging feels cheap and has no mirror. The "mini-kabuki" brush that comes with it is terrible. I tried it once and it left an angry white streak on my face that I had to buff out. I use it with a regular powder brush and it gives me the dreaded white cast, so I have to go gover it with a dark powder until I finish and will not repurchase. Colorescience's spf 30 in totall clear is so much better. Worth buying online over this product.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 12:35:00 AM More reviews by doORdye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have only been using this for a few days but so far I like it. I use it to set Maybelline Super Stay foundation. It does a great job setting the foundation, doesn't look too matte and not at all shiny. Just has a nice smooth finish. I'm not sure why some people are saying the Translucent shade looks dark... I have shade Creamy Natural which I would assume would be darker than Translucent. Well the shade I have does not add any color to me and I am pretty fair skinned. So if you are considering trying it but concerned about the color being too dark, I think you should try it because I'm not having any type of problems with that at all. Oh and as far as packaging, I think everyone else already mentioned the obvious: the compact itself is pretty big and bulky, but I don't carry it with me anywhere so it doesn't really bother me that much. The brush that comes with it is a joke tho! as long as this doesn't cause me any crazy breakouts then I will probably re-purchase.