August 30, 2014 | 1728 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Airbrushing Pressed Powder SPF 30

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2012 5:16:00 PM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've only used this product 2x but decided to write a review for how it's worked for me thus far because of how truely delighted I am with this product :)
My local Target store has select Physician's Formula products buy one get one free right now so I stocked up on the original talc-free mineral wear (the one w/multi-colored pressed pwdr) because it's been a staple in my makeup bag for several years now. Since I could get something free, I picked up this & didn't really expect much..
First of all I expected the "Translucent" shade to be too dark (it looks darker than NC15 & *slightly* orangey in the pan) but luckily is a nearly perfect match. (for reference my skin is just a hair lighter than NC15, oily and acne/clog-prone. I also have brown hair & eyes)
I also expected the coverage to be too much like the original Talc-Free Powder but it's much much better. Not full coverage, but more light-to-medium. I was also able to get more medium-to-full coverage by applying one layer with a powder fluff puff then a 2nd layer with a kabuki (NOT the "buffing kabuki" that came with it though Lol) :) I tried it for the 1st time yesterday with no primer (to see how it performed) and was very pleasantly surprised - I really can't call it an "airbrushed" look, but IMO, it's as close to an airbrushed look that a pressed powder can give, and I'm impressed! So I'm wearing it again today with primer and all I can say is wow, really. I don't notice the "sparkles/glimmer" that other reviewers have mentioned? I even wore it outside this morning when taking my son to school. I'm *hoping* I continue to NOT find it to be sparkly or shimmery in any way because shimmer is not flattering on my oily, 30yr old skin..
I DID take 1 lippie away for other reasons though.. 1st of all I just purchased this not even 4 days ago & the pan is already loose from the compact and seems like it's about to fall out :( &No, I have not been rough with it. Also the bulky compact *ugh* PF tends to make their compacts bulky in general though so it's not a huge deal I guess, & the final thing that doesn't exactally thrill me is the "buffing kabuki brush" that's included.. It's pathetic to be honest. I have quite a few PF cosmetics & they're all very hit or miss for me, but quite a few of them have really nice brushes that come included but this is NOT one. -All are minor complaints though as long as this product continues to perform well. &Also the verdict is also still out on breakouts (just b/c it's too soon to tell) I have finicky skin that does really well with some cosmetics, then goes crazy with others but I'm hoping that this agrees with my skin because I'm loving the look it gives! Hopefully I will remember to update in a few wks but so far, so good!
*UPDATE*
I decided to update now that I've used this 20x times, and have changed my initial rating of 4 lippies up to 5 even though my pan is still a little "shakey" and seems loose from the bulky compact because I've been loving this so much! It has become my HG powder foundation, I can't believe how much I've been using this stuff. I actually went back up to my Target store to see if these were still BOGOfree and they were, so I picked up another as well as the "Talc Free Mineral Wear Airbrushing LOOSE Powder" (which is also nice, but not as great as this for reference)
This powder works with primer, or without it. It's called "mineral powder foundation" and many mineral fntdns that I've tried leave a noticeable powdery look but this never does. This has lasted on my oily skin more than 15 hours several times now, also through sweat and rain, and has given me NO issues with breakouts or clogged pores (which was my main concern after leaving my initial review)
I honestly couldn't be happier with this and have been using it daily as my foundation, and when I need a little more coverage, I can wear it overtop of my liquid fndtns and it adds to the coverage of the liquid without adding a powdery look :)
This is a definate hit for Physician's Formula and I'll continue to repurchase. My only regret is not trying it sooner ;)
Thanks for a wonderful powder foundation PF!!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2012 12:09:00 AM More reviews by silverlinkss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Best powder i have ever used. I can't believe all the negative reviews on this, i guess it really goes to show products work very differently on different people.
I use this over my foundation and i have horrible acne, this does a fantastic job covering it. Even though i wear full coverage foundation (revlon colorstay) This powder always makes my make up look complete and set.

I'm very light skinned and translucent works just fine for my coloring, i dont understand why people think it looks so dark.

If you're looking for something natural this isn't for you, but if you want great coverage while still looking like skin i highly recommend this.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2012 8:08:00 PM More reviews by Sagehen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to be able to find a powder sunscreen on the ground, but this was sorely disappointing. I got this in translucent because the "colors" were all too light. First of all, the packaging feels cheap and has no mirror. The "mini-kabuki" brush that comes with it is terrible. I tried it once and it left an angry white streak on my face that I had to buff out. I use it with a regular powder brush and it gives me the dreaded white cast, so I have to go gover it with a dark powder until I finish and will not repurchase. Colorescience's spf 30 in totall clear is so much better. Worth buying online over this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 12:35:00 AM More reviews by doORdye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have only been using this for a few days but so far I like it. I use it to set Maybelline Super Stay foundation. It does a great job setting the foundation, doesn't look too matte and not at all shiny. Just has a nice smooth finish. I'm not sure why some people are saying the Translucent shade looks dark... I have shade Creamy Natural which I would assume would be darker than Translucent. Well the shade I have does not add any color to me and I am pretty fair skinned. So if you are considering trying it but concerned about the color being too dark, I think you should try it because I'm not having any type of problems with that at all. Oh and as far as packaging, I think everyone else already mentioned the obvious: the compact itself is pretty big and bulky, but I don't carry it with me anywhere so it doesn't really bother me that much. The brush that comes with it is a joke tho! as long as this doesn't cause me any crazy breakouts then I will probably re-purchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2012 6:08:00 PM More reviews by lettyb76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in "Translucent". I liked this product at first because it goes on very easily and I like the idea of using powder sunscreen instead of reapplying sunscreen lotion over my makeup. However, when I looked at myself in the mirror in natural light, I noticed that I looked a little bit like a zombie. It gave my fair skin a grayish blue tint. Soon after, I had an eczema outbreak and a couple of pimples (I didn't have any pimples before). I suppose if you don't have sensitive skin and are willing to put bronzer over your face this could work for you. I'll stick to using sunscreen lotion under my makeup.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2012 3:50:00 PM More reviews by TiffanieJean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I bought this powder in translucent after comparing it to the 'fair' shade in the store and noticing that it certainly didn't look fair at all.. I was right - even the 'Translucent' is too dark for my skin tone. Especially after it oxidizes something horrible. I have never had a problem with oxidization until I used this powder. I was genuinely shocked to see that I had the dreaded cake face a few hours after I used it for the 1st time! lol I always use a Kabuki brush, so I'm guessing that the powder reacted to my liquid foundation. It doesn't look good over liquid or on it's own.. It's only getting 2 stars because I love the SPF 30 and natural ingredients.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/1/2012 3:25:00 AM More reviews by jesgot57

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Where do I even begin?
I purchased this producting hoping for a pressed powder that would give me a "flawless" look, and this is not it! I have this powder in translucent.
First off, it isnt translucent, this powder does have some color pay off, and there is glitter in it! Yes, glittler, like when I move this powder around in the light, it sparkles. All bad.
But that isn't even the worst. The packaging is horrible! Besides being bulkly and a complete waste of plastic, my lid broke off after 3 uses. The plastic on the outside is breaking off as well. I have not dropped it, and it was not like this when I purchased it. Also, the glue holding the actual powder in is useless. The pan containing the powder easily falls out.
I am very dissappointed, and feel like I wasted my money on a powder I will never use. And Physicians Formula isn't excatly cheap.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2012 12:55:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

First off, I bought it in beige, which is totally too dark for my skin tone (NW20). It is very reddish toned, so good for NWs I guess. Has a very nice finish, even nicer than some HE powders. However, the coverage is lacking. It didn't cover my under eye circles or acne scarring. Not a repeat buy for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2012 10:39:00 PM More reviews by aznmonkey6

LOVE THIS POWDER

Pros: Does an awesome job of mattifying my face (I am the most oily person in the world); long lasting; great coverage.

Cons: Hmm the only thing I can think of is the brush that comes with it. Its a strange short tip flat looking brush that is nothing like a kabuki brush. I used it once because all my brushes were wet. It worked okay, but it felt hard and strange to use as a face brush.

Price: Not sure how much the retail is. I got it for $7 off the original price. I think it might retail originally at around $14?

Packaging: I do like the blue color of the packaging, However, it is really deceiving because you think that you get a huge amount of product. But, when you open it, the pan with the powder lifts up to reveal the brush underneath. When that happens, you can see that there is only a thin pan of powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2012 10:55:00 AM More reviews by Ashley1958

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product does EXACTLY what it says: gives a nice airbrushed finish with SPF protection. I am AMAZED and totally in love with this powder. Why? Besides the fact that I got it on sale at CVS for $7 and besides the fact that it gives great, flawless coverage with a natural finish, I love it because it's a DUAL purpose powder. It can be used over your regular foundation to set your makeup OR can be used alone AS a foundation. I feel that this powder is light enough to wear on top of makeup, yet somehow heavy enough to wear alone. It's truly a GEM in every way!!!
If you are looking for a product that will give you that "I'm not wearing any makeup, I just have beautiful skin naturally" then this powder is for YOU.
I am FLOORED at the quality and price of this product. I have tried MANY high-end brands of powders and this one beats them ALL hands down.
PF, please do NOT EVER stop making this powder. It's PERFECT!!!
NOTE: The only thing negative I have to say is what the heck is that little brush for? The label claims it's a "buffing kabuki brush." Umm...no, it's not. It's a tiny little flat fan brush. LOL But that's okay, I just ignore the brush and use my own kabuki brush. I swirl my kabuki around, then tap it off, then lightly tap onto my skin, then buff in circles. And voila! - you are ready for ANY type of lighting, event, flash, etc.
Sorry this review was a bit long, I can't stop talking about this product!!! :)
AMAAAAAZZZZIIIIIINNNGGGGG!