Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion Dry Shampoo

3.3

Price: $

Price: $

Isobutane, Propane, SD Alcohol 40 B, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Butane, Fragrance, Isopropyl Myristate, Silica, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrolyzed Keratin

Best dry shampoo I have tried to date. It leaves my second day hair fresh and soft without leaving a nasty white cast. I do sometimes feel like the bottle runs out quickly, which makes me think it may be leaking? It's not a huge deal though since it's so cheap..I found mine at Walgreens for about 4 dollars!

on 8/19/2012 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I am trying to wash my hair less because I'm trying to preserve my color and to reduce damage to my hair. I work out everyday however, so its hard not to wash. I use this dry shampoo to combat smelly hair and on clean hair to add some extra volume to my hair. I've used this one and the regular dry shampoo that Suave makes. I like the scent of this one better but I think the other Suave one is better.

I've had problems with the bottle of the other Suave dry shampoo that others have talked about; leakage, cloggage, only two uses per bottle. I contacted customer service and they sent me a coupon for a refund. I think perhaps they had trouble with packaging with some of their bottles, but I've bought three bottles since and not had troubles. For 3 bucks its worth a try!

on 8/15/2012 9:46:00 AM

I purchased this Suave Dry Shampoo twice at CVS. The first time, the can was on its side in a drawer and somehow it leaked al over the drawer. I bought it again, thinking I learned my lesson. i stored the new one upright, and somehow , after 2 uses, the can is empty. The Batiste Dry Shampoos at Sally are just as cheap, and much more reliable! Try that instead.

on 8/14/2012 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This very affordable spray to revive 2nd day hair fell short of my expectations. The formula smelled too strong and odd + actually made my fine to medium hair feeling too smooth and not at all volumized or refreshed.I like that it contains keratin though and is probably better for dry or damage hair-types.

on 8/7/2012 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

So for a while, I was using the John Frieda dry shampoo, because it worked well enough, and I didn't want to pay the big bucks for something like bumble and bumble. The thing was, though, that I might as well have been, because the JF came in the tiniest spray can ever that would last maybe four or five uses if I was lucky, and it wasn't even that cheap for drugstore! I then tried the regular Suave dry shampoo because it was much much cheaper, but that didn't really do anything for my hair. I didn't revisit it for a long time, but then the other day, my hair was a greasy mess, and it was an emergency, so I thought I would give it another try. Luckily, I accidentally grabbed this Sauve dry shampoo with keratin instead, and OH MY GOD it's AMAZING. It gives my flat hair HUGE amounts of body and lift at the roots! I have black asian hair, and I haven't had too much of an issue with blending it in. Total must have, especially in the summer. Cheap too! Buying it forever.

on 7/12/2012 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

Wow! This is the best dry shampoo I've ever tried and I've tried a few. For the price it's hg. I paid under $3.00 at Walmart. Even if it weren't so cheap,I'd pay more because it's that good. Seriously. I have fine but oily hair that needs to be washed daily. Sometimes I get oily under 24 hrs which is annoying and this works for me! It's not like other dry shampoos that leave powder or granules in your scalp that you can feel when you rub your hands through them either. I feel nothing but unoily hair.

It can leave white if you spray too close to your head, but that can be taken care of with rubbing it in your scalp which you should be doing anyway. Then you brush it out after a few minutes and it's not there. I have blonde hair ( dirty blonde with highlights). I'm on my 3rd day of not washing my hair which is a damn miracle for me.

I'm impressed.

This has the exact ingredients as dove dry poo but is a few dollars cheaper. Just an FYI.

Ps -- it even holds up after showering. Usually, I get oily after one when I use a shower cap or towel but not with this. It didn't affect it all.

Update: I still really like this a lot, but it's drying out my hair down the shaft a bit which sucks. I wish I could figure out how to make it stop doing that...Other than that, yeah, I can go 3 days or more w/o washing my hair which is like a miracle for me, but I don't want dry hair either so...

on 7/9/2012 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is, without a doubt, the best dry shampoo I've ever tried. I have very dark hair and a scalp that tends to get greasy within 24 hours from washing (sometimes less). Because of this and the fact that my hair is pretty straight and fine, I have a hard time skipping washes. My hair does not hide that next day greasiness very well. :) In an effort to try to wash every other day, I've tried dozens of dry shampoos. Some barely managed to freshen my hair for a few hours and almost all leave an unpleasant gray cast to my hair. This one, however, has been a godsend. It creates fantastic body, and when I use it I can actually go two or three days without washing! While the slight dullness/grayishness that it gives my hair is still there (I think that's almost unavoidable when you have black hair), it's almost imperceptible. Add on top of that the fact that it's super cheap, and doesn't have a lingering, overpowering scent and I'll be rebuying this as long as they offer it. I haven't had any problems with the can leaking- I got this about a month ago, I use it generously several times a week and it's still going strong.

on 7/2/2012 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Perfect product, had no idea it was going to work so well, I went running in 80 degree weather and had no time to wash my hair that day, I sprayed it on my scalp and it felt like I had a fresh and clean scalp, the only thing that the smell is a little like cheap perfume from the 90's but it dissipated after a while, I didn't have any residue or sticky spots and when it was time to wash my hair normally, the product washed out fast, will continue to purchase this gem for less than $3.00 at Wally.
UPDATE: changing my review becuase the product misteriously dissapear after only two uses

on 6/29/2012 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This dry shampoo worked wonderfully, no grayish tint on my dark brown hair, which is huge, BUT if I knew it was a one-time use product due to the terrible, leaking can, I definitely would not have purchased. I'm just not willing to risk even $3 on getting another dud can. It's so frustrating because I really did like it... arrg!

on 6/23/2012 12:20:00 PM

This is a solid performing dry shampoo. It does everything a dry shampoo is supposed to. Doesn't leave any kind of white ashy hue to the hair and absorbs oil. My issue with this is that the fumes are horrible, I have to make sure the bathroom door is open, and possibly a window too. Also, after I spray it, I have to get out of the bathroom so I don't choke on the fumes, and to give the fumes a chance to dissipate. Still, it does what it's supposed to, and it has keratin, AND it's dirt cheap. I didn't have the issue with the can leaking, as I had my can for over a month with no apparent leaking. The fumes are why I give it a 3.5 out of 5 (they are that bad.) But, I'm bumping it up to a 4, because it does the job of a dry shampoo really well, and is great if you can get over the fumes. However, I'll stick to the original suave professionals dry shampoo. It smells like grapefruit, gives way more body to my hair, and does a better job at absorbing oil in my hair!