August 1, 2014 | 1747 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Almay - Smart Shade Perfect & Correct Primer

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2012 8:55:00 PM More reviews by pvncteacher

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It's a good light moisturizer and does help redness. Not great as a primer but leaves a nice natural glow.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2012 5:44:00 PM More reviews by APLgurl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

WORST STUFF EVER! My foundation comes off VERY easily. I am a dancer and i have dance every single day. I need something that will hold my makeup on. Let me just start with the smell. OH MY GOSH. I thought my hair got burnt off. This product smells like burning hair. And when i put it on my eye lids it makes my skin burn. It doesn't even help my foundation to stay on. It was good for my eye shadow. But terrible for foundation. I bought it because i use lots of Almay products and they never disappoint me. I also needed to find a product that was less expensive. But this is awful. I think i'm going to stick to buying a little more pricey primers. They lost longer and i actually get what i pay for!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2012 2:31:00 AM More reviews by esaechao

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

ok i hate this primer with a passion, but because i cant return it i will use it til its done. this primer has a disgusting smell i cant even describe it. it does not correct my redness. if anything it makes my face pink if my face is red. it barely keeps my foundation on longer maybe gives me an extra hour before my foundation melts off. at least it has an airless pump. it cost $10 and yeah. i do not recommend this product at all. please do not purchase it. its not worth the money.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2012 3:15:00 PM More reviews by aracelyc27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I did like this product i have lots of redness and dry face, it moisturizes a lot leaves my skin very glowy, not shiny but looking healthy!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2012 2:25:00 PM More reviews by kmbobrow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

It doesn't seem to do much? I'm just starting to use primers and this is my first one. So while I don't have anything to compare it to, it just seems to work as a moisturizer and that's it. My redness doesn't go down and my pores remain as large as ever. I won't buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2012 12:58:00 AM More reviews by TangyExplosives

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I did not like this product. I started off with Hard Candy Skin Perfecting Primer but when they ran out at Walmart I purchased this instead.

For starters, when I rub it onto my eyelids the skin burns. The stuff smells awful. And I have a small amount of acne (Terrible some days, barely anything others) and some facial redness and the whole "colour correcting" thing with the purple and green did basically nothing. And my makeup lasted as long as if I hadn't put on primer to begin with.

The fact that I paid $14 for a product that had less in the packaging and did nothing compared to the Hard Candy Primer I first mentioned (which is half the price of this one) really annoyed me. I would definitely not buy this again.

On the plus side though, despite all the negative things I said the packaging is quite pretty. So if you want something useless but cute to sit amongst all the useful products in your bathroom, this primer is it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2012 11:23:00 AM More reviews by TrainedDreamer

I'm giving this product 3 lippies even though it leans more towards 4. If you're looking for a typical primer, full of silicones, to give you a ~flawless~ base, this isn't it. I'm thankful for that as silicone primers have been quite the let down for me, none of them fill in my large pores as promised, nor keep my oil at bay, nor even help aid my foundation! Seriously if anything...silicone primers make it more difficult to set my foundation. It slides right off.

Almay Smart Shade Perfect & Correct Primer is more of a mixer for my full coverage foundations, & way to keep my OILY face matte. The formula is very liquidy, but it dries down matte & keeps my oil at bay for hours. It doesn't really help with the texture of your skin, yet i'd still choose it over the silicone packed primer option anyday. But if you have dry skin...I'd suggest the latter.

I really hope Almay doesn't discontinue this primer. I've repurchased it 3 times & plan to continue. I wish I could find a high end primer that works as well as this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2012 10:54:00 PM More reviews by Kkate142

This is an okay/not favorite product for me.It has the worst smell in america! Like after I apply these I have to wash my hands.It is just revolting, and for the horrible smell you dont get Fantastic results, I honestly notice it just slightly mimizes redness but other than that it does NOTHING for you or your skin.I am not really red, but I do like my blush color to show.I'd say skip and spend your 10 dollars somewhere else.I also don't think that 10 dollars is expensive for a primer but when it has no or tiny results, you lose your money.The packaging and how it is green and purple is pretty much what draws your attention to this product but ignore and spend your time and money elsewhere!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2012 1:57:00 AM More reviews by teamsingleladys

This is the first primer I've ever used and I actually really like it. The whole "correcting" thing is wrong, I didnt notice any difference in my skin what's so ever well wearing it. I did infact like that it gave me super soft skin when I applied it and made a good barrier between me n my foundation. The packaging was cute, I like the concept of the purple and green (wish it actually did was it says) but still very cute in the bottle. Im a MAJOR fan of pumps, that was a pluse!! If I cant find anything I really like better I probably would purchase this again!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2012 10:44:00 AM More reviews by haleyanna19

Maybe it's because I am 7 months pregnant, but....this gags me when I use it. Smells JUST like urine (and the reason I know what urine smells like is because I am a nurse! Lol)....gag me! I hate it, and already tossed the receipt so I cant take it back.