December 20, 2014 | 1693 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Almay - Smart Shade Perfect & Correct Primer

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2012 6:14:00 PM More reviews by annafefifofanna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This product did an OK job covering and brightening. Not fantastic but I do notice a difference.. It does burn a little around my eye area which is something I hate because I have terribly sensitive eyes. The smell isn't the best as others have said but it is NOT that terrible. After you apply it you can't even smell it anymore. As for it being a primer.. Eh.. It doesn't even feel like a primer. Primers usually feel smooth and velvety this feels kind of thin and runny. I use it as one anyway and nothing terrible has happened. I'd say it's okay. I like the packaging although the spirals always make me feel like the product is running out quickly lol. I like to use this especially when I am not wearing makeup just to brighten my face. It was pretty expensive for drugstore so I don't know if I will purchase it again but I still liked it. I wish it did a better job at what it's claiming to do because that would pretty awesome.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/18/2012 9:24:00 AM More reviews by Brookestar32

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I will never again buy something just because a celebrity likes it. It does absolutely nothing for my skin. doesn't get rid of redness or brighten or anything. And the smell was horrible and stayed till washed my face because I couldn't stand the smell anymore. Returned it immediately.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2012 1:04:00 AM More reviews by Brooke2092

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The smell alone is enough for me to never purchase this product again. Doesn't really help the redness at all either. Although, it does brighten my face.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2012 11:32:00 PM More reviews by trfranklin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I usually like Almay products and was eager to try this one. It smells horrible. I thought it was a bad bottle, but see many other reviews mentioning the smell as well. It really hasn't helped the reddish color. I will finish the bottle because I don't like wasting money, but I won't buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2012 8:55:00 PM More reviews by pvncteacher

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It's a good light moisturizer and does help redness. Not great as a primer but leaves a nice natural glow.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2012 5:44:00 PM More reviews by APLgurl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

WORST STUFF EVER! My foundation comes off VERY easily. I am a dancer and i have dance every single day. I need something that will hold my makeup on. Let me just start with the smell. OH MY GOSH. I thought my hair got burnt off. This product smells like burning hair. And when i put it on my eye lids it makes my skin burn. It doesn't even help my foundation to stay on. It was good for my eye shadow. But terrible for foundation. I bought it because i use lots of Almay products and they never disappoint me. I also needed to find a product that was less expensive. But this is awful. I think i'm going to stick to buying a little more pricey primers. They lost longer and i actually get what i pay for!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2012 2:31:00 AM More reviews by esaechao

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

ok i hate this primer with a passion, but because i cant return it i will use it til its done. this primer has a disgusting smell i cant even describe it. it does not correct my redness. if anything it makes my face pink if my face is red. it barely keeps my foundation on longer maybe gives me an extra hour before my foundation melts off. at least it has an airless pump. it cost $10 and yeah. i do not recommend this product at all. please do not purchase it. its not worth the money.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2012 3:15:00 PM More reviews by aracelyc27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I did like this product i have lots of redness and dry face, it moisturizes a lot leaves my skin very glowy, not shiny but looking healthy!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2012 2:25:00 PM More reviews by kmbobrow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

It doesn't seem to do much? I'm just starting to use primers and this is my first one. So while I don't have anything to compare it to, it just seems to work as a moisturizer and that's it. My redness doesn't go down and my pores remain as large as ever. I won't buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2012 12:58:00 AM More reviews by TangyExplosives

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I did not like this product. I started off with Hard Candy Skin Perfecting Primer but when they ran out at Walmart I purchased this instead.

For starters, when I rub it onto my eyelids the skin burns. The stuff smells awful. And I have a small amount of acne (Terrible some days, barely anything others) and some facial redness and the whole "colour correcting" thing with the purple and green did basically nothing. And my makeup lasted as long as if I hadn't put on primer to begin with.

The fact that I paid $14 for a product that had less in the packaging and did nothing compared to the Hard Candy Primer I first mentioned (which is half the price of this one) really annoyed me. I would definitely not buy this again.

On the plus side though, despite all the negative things I said the packaging is quite pretty. So if you want something useless but cute to sit amongst all the useful products in your bathroom, this primer is it.