Almay Smart Shade Perfect & Correct Primer

2.3

Water, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Dimethicone, Isopropyl N-Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Niacinamide, Panthenol, Tocopherol Acetate, Sea Salt, Montmorillonite, Squalane, Silica, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Behenyl Alcohol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Polymethyl Methacrylate, PEG-100 Stearate, Dimethiconol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Calcium Aluminium Borosilicate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silica, Butylene Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Ethylhexylglycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 42090/Blue 1, CI 19140/Yellow 5, CI 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens

on 11/1/2012 3:30:00 PM

I normally use MAC Prep & Prime, but I thought I would try one of the inexpensive brands to see the difference. There's a big one! I don't think this product really did anything at all. It didn't brighten my skin or do anything to tone down the red. It doesn't even help keep my make-up on, which I see as the whole point. Smells bad too. Neat package, but other than that I would never buy again.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have red splotchy skin and acne scarring.. This product literally did absolutley nothing for my skin.

I like the packaging its attractive and i like that its in a pump. Thats the only good i can say.

on 10/26/2012 8:47:00 PM

Huh. Interesting. I didn't look at the reviews here before I bought and tried this product, and honestly, I'm surprised at the hate. The first day I used this, I kept looking in the mirror, thinking how good my makeup looked. I read the reviews, and thought, "What did I miss?" So I've used it for two more days, and I still think it makes my foundation -- Cover Girl TruBlend -- look a lot better: smoother, more natural, with a glow. Don't notice a lot of correcting of redness, but my makeup definitely looks better.

My ratings reflect the fact that I haven't tried a lot of primers -- just the Sally Hansen illuminating primer in the Carmindy line, and one of the anti-chafing creams that got great reviews here as a primer. I think this beats them both, but clearly I'm outnumbered.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This product did an OK job covering and brightening. Not fantastic but I do notice a difference.. It does burn a little around my eye area which is something I hate because I have terribly sensitive eyes. The smell isn't the best as others have said but it is NOT that terrible. After you apply it you can't even smell it anymore. As for it being a primer.. Eh.. It doesn't even feel like a primer. Primers usually feel smooth and velvety this feels kind of thin and runny. I use it as one anyway and nothing terrible has happened. I'd say it's okay. I like the packaging although the spirals always make me feel like the product is running out quickly lol. I like to use this especially when I am not wearing makeup just to brighten my face. It was pretty expensive for drugstore so I don't know if I will purchase it again but I still liked it. I wish it did a better job at what it's claiming to do because that would pretty awesome.

on 10/18/2012 9:24:00 AM

I will never again buy something just because a celebrity likes it. It does absolutely nothing for my skin. doesn't get rid of redness or brighten or anything. And the smell was horrible and stayed till washed my face because I couldn't stand the smell anymore. Returned it immediately.

on 10/15/2012 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

The smell alone is enough for me to never purchase this product again. Doesn't really help the redness at all either. Although, it does brighten my face.

on 10/14/2012 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I usually like Almay products and was eager to try this one. It smells horrible. I thought it was a bad bottle, but see many other reviews mentioning the smell as well. It really hasn't helped the reddish color. I will finish the bottle because I don't like wasting money, but I won't buy it again.

on 9/8/2012 8:55:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

It's a good light moisturizer and does help redness. Not great as a primer but leaves a nice natural glow.

on 9/8/2012 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

WORST STUFF EVER! My foundation comes off VERY easily. I am a dancer and i have dance every single day. I need something that will hold my makeup on. Let me just start with the smell. OH MY GOSH. I thought my hair got burnt off. This product smells like burning hair. And when i put it on my eye lids it makes my skin burn. It doesn't even help my foundation to stay on. It was good for my eye shadow. But terrible for foundation. I bought it because i use lots of Almay products and they never disappoint me. I also needed to find a product that was less expensive. But this is awful. I think i'm going to stick to buying a little more pricey primers. They lost longer and i actually get what i pay for!

on 9/8/2012 2:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

ok i hate this primer with a passion, but because i cant return it i will use it til its done. this primer has a disgusting smell i cant even describe it. it does not correct my redness. if anything it makes my face pink if my face is red. it barely keeps my foundation on longer maybe gives me an extra hour before my foundation melts off. at least it has an airless pump. it cost $10 and yeah. i do not recommend this product at all. please do not purchase it. its not worth the money.