Revlon PhotoReady Perfecting Primer (color 001)

3.5

Dimethicone, Isododecane, Water, Trisiloxane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Silica Silylate, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Silica, Tocopherol, Glycerin, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Methicone, Calcium Aluminium Borosilicate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- may contain (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides , CI 77007/Ultramarines)

on 1/19/2014 6:17:00 PM

I can't make up my mind whether I like this product or not. It's great for filling in pours but it just leaves a chalky white finish, I would prefer a smooth silicone finish. It does even out my skin tone but not strong enough to cancel out any purples or reds I have on my face (mainly around my nose). The bottle is a tad annoying too. It gets messy very easily and 1 pump is NEVER enough. Also you have to keep the bottle standing up because the product is a thick cream and when it moves to one side of the bottle it's almost impossible to take out which is frustrating on the days I'm running late. Would I buy again...meh I don't think id bother.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

GREAT PRODUCT!! I apply this primer w a sponge wedge & MAKE SURE to let it 'dry' about 2-3 minutes b4 putting on my foundation (slap in a fee hair rollers...there's always something I can do while this primer dries/soaks in). Not letting it dry can cause a chalky appearance. Feels so silky on my face..& helps my face look truly flawless after applying foundation. Will definitely repurchase! :)

on 1/17/2014 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I have never used primer before so decided to try this, just to see if it made my makeup even more flawless, or dewy or something!
I find it does fill in pores (not that I have a major problem) but makes your face white and chalky! Actually to fill in pores, doesn't foundation do this anyway?
For someone with oily skin or T-zone, this would probably be helpful. The price was OK, around $12, but I would not buy it again.

I loved this product when I first bought it (affordable!) but after a while I started noticing that it left my face incredibly cakey looking. And eventually my face started breaking out everywhere. It has a nice texture and makes my foundation glide on smoothly and even fills in my pores a decent amount but due to the caked on makeup look it was leaving me with and the acne that started up, I will not be repurchasing. I loved the packaging, price, and the initial product but I'm left disappointed. I'm still on the hunt for the perfect primer I guess!

on 1/13/2014 4:17:00 PM

This is by far the BEST primer I've ever used. It easily beat out the department store brands I've tried in the past. It makes my skin smooth and matte and keeps my foundation on for hours longer than it would last otherwise. I haven't noticed any white marks on my face like others have mentioned, but my skin is very pale. $13 is just a bit pricey for a drugstore product, but I only need to use a small amount each day. I'm likely to buy this again.

on 1/10/2014 10:27:00 PM

I've purchased this product about three times..I love it's creamy texture. It definitely helped my makeup stay on longer but I still developed a shine halfway through the day. Also I think it's overpriced for a drugstore product, I think I paid around 17$ for it. Also I hate the packaging because it gets stuck around the bottom where the pump doesn't reach so you have to pry the bottle open. Good product not great.

on 12/27/2013 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I will not repeat al the things the girls said before me about the texture, feel, packaging etc.
I like that primer the best of all primers I've ever had BUT I do not wear it with a foundation. Never. The blurring effect it gives is very nice and seems that I am wearing nothing on my face, which is great! If someone is interested - I sometimes use Revlon Color Stay foundation (in Buff), but without a primer. It just turned out that my skin does not like layers of products, no matter how thin they are.
The primer also gives very natural matte finich without accentuating dry patches and does not cause breakouts. The overall effect is my skin, but better and naturally blurred. It reduces the pores, but of course it cannot make them invisible. If someone found a product that does, please, let me know!
Definitely buying again, if something better does not come to the market. To me, it worths every cent.

on 12/27/2013 12:43:00 PM

I think this is a decent primer for filling pores, but I don't know if this helps my foundation to last longer since I use TM often.
The tube is convenient with a pump and it lasts for a pretty long time.
I have used up one bottle, but I don't think I would buy it again since i don't consider this to be essential to my makeup routine.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I've tested out so many primers that I think I can create a blog just on foundation primers and call it "Pathways to Pathetic Primers". For the past year, I went without primer because I can't find a decent one. I've tried drugstore, midrange and highend ones. Some were okay but not worth the extra step. My skin is oily, visible pores, reactive, clog prone. The ones that were okay were the ones that did preform decent but either clogged my skin or caused breakouts with continued use. I heard Revlon PhotoReady 001 was a decent one so I decided to pick it up. My thoughts:
1. The feeling of this is light. It isn't as thick as Clarins or L'Oreal. Almost feels like it's not priming anything.
2. I would consider myself a pro at blending out foundation. I'm never one to be streaky or have lines. However, with this primer, I noticed some streaking with my foundation while out in sunlight. I have to get a tissue and firmly buff the foundation into the skin to make it look even.
3. I also experienced a white cast when using this. Even with bronzer buffed over my foundation, I had this very faint white cast all over. It appeared as though I dusted my face with white silica finishing powder. I'm olive skinned so you can easily tell when you overdo a finishing powder! I wasn't wearing any powder yet it looked as I did.
4. This didn't cause any dry patches or make my skin feel uncomfortable.
5. I can still see pores with this primer.
6. My cheeks remained oil free but my Tzone did not which is a disappointment since it is very cold and dry outside. I don't think this would hold up that good in the summer.
7. This doesn't cause any reactions.

on 12/2/2013 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I tried this primer and I didn't like it at all. It made my face feel very dry and hard. It did keep my foundation on all day. The texture was similiar to other silicone primers, but it is unlike any primer I have ever used. I stopped using it immediately. I feel like it is a primer from the stone age.