September 21, 2014 | 1065 users online

BB Cream - Smashbox - Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2013 11:45:00 AM More reviews by mspicky

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Turned my combo skin into oil rig in minutes. Acne prone girls beware.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2013 12:09:00 AM More reviews by NightSkyStar786

I use the shade "fair' and so far it's my go-to BB cream. It matches my skin-color almost perfectly. I use this coupled with Bareminerals powder for extra spf, and if I want a more matte finish. It does a good job at giving my skin a dewy glow that I love! And most importantly, it gives me even coverage WITHOUT looking like I have makeup on. This product succeeds at the "natural look'. FYI, I have freckles on my nose and they do show up slightly, which I don't mind because I am not into heavy foundation. I first heard about BB creams almost 2 years ago, right around the time they became available in Canada. I initially wanted a tinted-moisturizer but when I found out about BB creams I was intrigued and sought one out to try. I believe Smashbox was one of a few brands available at the time at Sephora so I went with it. I was stoaked that there was such a thing as a BB cream, an all-in-one product with spf that moisturizes and provides coverage; it is a pretty great product. However, I do apply a serum and a separate moisturizer BEFORE applying the BB cream and sometimes additional SPF. If I don't moisturize before, I find the BB cream a bit drying. I wish there was a way to know how effective the SPF is so I could be more confident in the level of coverage advertised (with all the primer, moisturizer, foundation etc, how can you know?). That's why I wear SPF underneath for extra coverage, but it's also because I have fair skin so I'm slightly obsessive about SPF:) To be honest, I haven't tried any other BB cream brands, so I am not loyal to Smashbox per sae, it's just the first brand that I tried and liked right away so I stuck to it out of convenience. As an alternative I like Laura Mericer's tinted moisturizer with spf 20 (oil-free). Overall I like this product and recommend it as an easy choice of BB cream that gives effective coverage without being heavy, leaves your skin looking dewey and feeling fresh and has SPF so if you're driving for 25 minutes in your car to work on a sunny day you don't have to worry about your face getting sun damage, and you'll look gorgeous!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/4/2013 11:47:00 PM More reviews by Chelle329

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have golden toned, oily yet sensitive skin. I had high hopes for this product. I bought the light/medium and it was perfect for my skin tone, but be aware that it is more on the medium tan side than light. It had a nice texture, and light coverage. But within a half hour I was already greasy. I tried it one day with my usual moisturizer, and one day on its own. Both with terribly greasy results, and by the end of the 2nd day I was breaking out. I expected more from the product considering the brand and the $40 price tag. I would not buy this again. If you have dry skin, it may work for you. But anything other than that it's not worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 8:12:00 PM More reviews by eelnus

I have repurchased this. Gives a nice dewy finish and it lasts all day. I prefer the CC cream for a natural finish, but according to everyone I asked, this one has a better coverage and makes me glow and look flawless.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/28/2013 10:08:00 AM More reviews by Qettah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought a 15 ml/0.5 fl oz I found at sephora to try it out and I almost finish the mini bottle. I live in a very hot and humid place, and I used to apply it on my face first thing after my morning shower. I never bother applying primer before because this product says it "primes".

I personally didn't like it because I felt it heavy on my face, like wearing a thick foundation. I always used a little bit and tried applying it using different tools and even my fingertips. I can't deny it has a very good coverage, but I personally don't need too much coverage since I don't have scars, acne, dark spots, etc. I think this bb cream will work great if you need the coverage. Plus I have oily skin and it didn't lasted long on my skin, and I watched how it was kind of melting on my face. I tried applying powder, oil absorbing papers, and nothing could make it work. I wonder if applying primer before could make it last long? I was using the "light" tone and worked fine with my skintone, not too pink or yellow. I'm glad I got a small size because I won't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by itsiliii

So I was chilling in las vegas when I decided, you know what my foundations are starting to make me look rather cakey and a little TOO done up. Let's get a sample of this!

I honestly didn't know what to expect from this BB but it's easily become one of my favorite products as of recently. The texture is an interesting gelly, it's a bit hard to smooth across the face. Although it's very refreshing is actually dries to a clean natural/semi-matte finish.

I really like the coverage on this stuff, it is very easy to build up and yet still manages to look very natural! No more overly done up face for me :D I also like the SPF and the fact how there doesn't appear to be much of a scent at all. Oh also with the color schemes, girls whom are NC30 beware i KNOW that light/medium seems like the correct thing to choose but it is SUPPPPPPER DARK. Like NC35-40 dark. Light-med my butt.

The only negative is longevity, however if mixed with my Lioele bb cream it lasts longer for some reason. I'd still recommend picking up a sample of this if interested :D

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by beameupscotty22

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product when I was determined to find the "best" available BB cream in Ulta - this one smelled good (very important), felt smooth and seemed heavy enough to cover unevenness on my cheeks. I have broken capillaries. It didn't cover as well as I thought when I got home, used it the next day, etc. However, it is so easy to smooth on during application - and blends great. The color (lightest one) was a perfect match for my skin. I found that applying it alone was best - no moisturizer needed. Since I use a toner and moisturizer and usually a serum, it was a little too much combined with the treatment products. It left a moist feeling that needed powdering to matte the finished look.
It did not irritate my skin at all and I do have sensitive skin. I found other BB creams with more coverage so I probably won't purchase it again - but it is a nice product. I love most Smashbox products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2013 10:20:00 AM More reviews by genarod

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really adore this BB cream. I've been using this since the spring, and this has probably been my most raved about "new" product in my routine.

To start off I am a complete foundation junky, and was very very late to jump on the BB cream bandwagon. I had dabbled in TM briefly, and every one I tried just left me with ZERO coverage and an unnatural orange sheen to the skin-- so I didn't have high hopes for a BB cream.

I was *never* a sunscreen gal until pregnancy made my skin super sensitive, so my biggest motivator for sampling a ME/HE BB was that I wanted a one step ss/foundation coverage/out the door.

I sampled quite a few brands of ME-HE BB creams, and Smashbox has by far and wide been my absolute favorite!

Pros:
-Relatively high SPF (SPF 35)
-No fragrance
-A fairly large color selection
-Under $40
-Long lasting
-Does not irritate or break out my skin at all
-Pregnancy Safe :D (CC cream as well)
-Leaves my skin more moisturized at end of day when I wash it off
-Does NOT cake or cling to dry spots
-Satin/Matte finish

Cons:
-I wish it contained only a physical ss, not a chemical and a physical... but this isn't really a con, it is just my preference.
-I am darker and more yellow than "fair", yet "light" oxidizes pretty orange on me, so it would be cool to have a wider color selection.

*AND** saving the best for last-- The coverage!

This BB cream has amazzzziiinnnngg coverage. This is particularly true when I pair this BB cream with my MAC studio fix foundation powder.

On days that I just do not feel like doing a full face, (which for me is: lotion, ss, primer, foundation, concealer, setting powder: wooh!) I can cut the whole process and just (lotion, BB cream, MAC SF powder/ out the door). And this works great!!--- Honestly my makeup lasts all day, the coverage is so good I don't even need concealer, my pores aren't visible, the coverage doesn't fade and my acne scarring will stay concealed the wholllleee day!

I still love my foundation, but honestly to cut my work into a 1/3 this gives me FLAWLESS results in my makeup application... and my skin is hydrated, and protected from the sun.

Without MAC SF, I can expect SB BB to last about 4-5 hours, which still is pretty impressive for a BB.

This item is definitely a staple to my collection now-- especially for spring/summer when the sun is out, and I want coverage but dont want like 7 layers of makeup.

Smashbox truly does put out consistent quality products IMO.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2013 11:00:00 AM More reviews by melaniepich

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let me say, this is a BB CREAM. Bb creams have VERY light coverage. However this bb cream has better coverage than other bb creams I've tried so far. I have nomal checks and a very very veryyy oily tzone. I also have dry skin on the side of my nose. Yes, I have the whole package. Did I mention I have acne prone skin? You can seemy delema when I shop for foundations and bb creams. If I get something too drying ill get dry patches or if I get something to moisterizing ill be sooo oily. Nothing works for my oily skin besides the immaculate foundation but hourglass but it makes my dry patches soo noticeable :/
Now that we have that covered, this bb cream did not make my dry patches stand out. It looks pretty natural. I love that. Its not cakey. Not too dry. However it iisn't the best at oil control. Ill use this in the winter but ill still probably have to blot a lot. It you have normal or slightly oily skin I think you'll like this. $40 at sephora

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2013 5:23:00 PM More reviews by sushiomelette

I've had this for a few weeks and tried it under foundation but today I'm trying it by itself and honestly, it's really comfortable in that my skin doesn't have dry flakes like I would expect. I typically have dry skin (I live in a cold climate) and am not sure how this will do in the winter, but it seems to work really well. I can see this as my get-ready-quick foundation/tinted moisturizer. I tried putting powder on it to set it, but the powder kinda clumped in spots. The coverage is sheer to medium. The colors seem to run dark. I'm light-medium (I'm NC35 in MAC's mineralize moisture foundation, Beige 40 in Chanel's Vitalumiere, and 4.25 in Bobbi Brown). The high price tag makes me think twice about it, but I think it's worth it.