Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

3.5

on 3/25/2014 10:53:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

After going years and years without wearing much make up apart from concealer for the under-eye area or the occasional blemish, I needed something with decent coverage to give my skin a more even, polished look for work and going out. I was really reluctant to apply foundation to my skin 5 days a week and a BB cream promised to actually nourish & repair my skin as well as making it look pretty.

I started using this a few years ago and I can't really remember why I chose this brand of BB cream in particular.

Pros:
- applies smoothly and blends well in to skin
- no irritating fragrance
- moisturising without being too oily
- good colour match for my pale skin (I use the Fair/Light shade)
- lasts a surprisingly long time (ran out after daily application to whole face for about 4 months) for such a small tube.
- photographs well
- looks natural (allows your own skin to shine through in a good way)
- does not oxidise
- does not cause breakouts

Cons:
- relatively expensive compared to other BB creams
- only provides a sheer to light coverage..so you'll need a concealer if you have any spots

on 3/21/2014 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I ordered the Smashbox "Try Me" set with this BB Cream, the Halo powder and Primer. I was very impressed at how easily this blended, it made my skin look very even and smooth. Used along with the Halo powder my skin looked flawless all day and it didn't stick to my dry patches. There was more coverage than a tinted moisturizer, I would say a good buildable to medium coverage and then to med-full when used with the Halo powder. I will very likely repurchase.

on 3/20/2014 10:02:00 PM

I received a sample sachet with either a Sephora or ULTA order, so I cannot speak to the long term benefits of using this product.

Although the sample I received came in light (3rd from lightest-fair), which was a bit dark for me, It still blended out fairly well and was still workable. I put this on at around 7:30am and started to notice some wear through and sheen at around 12pm. The wear through was minimal in some areas and moderate in others. Minimal wear in laugh lines (barely noticeable) and peek-through on the nose (my allergies are ramping up so that's to be expected). Moderate wear in patchiness on my cheeks...lots of little dry patches. I've noticed a similar look with certain sunblocks. As if they have dried out the more sensitive areas of my skin. Sheen was minimal, concentrated mostly near the creases of my nose.This actually wears more decently than most. I wouldn't purchase right now, but if I'm not able to find anything better (or if my skin gets better) then I would consider this.

very hydrating, lovely natural coverage, easy application.

I'm absolutely loving this. I purchased in a light/medium. What I love about it is, it doesn't look like a stripe. It sort of blends from blush , to the concealer , to my eye liner and inner eye brightner. I'm such a TOUCHE eclate fan.... I may finally have found something I like better.

on 2/17/2014 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I use this BB cream everyday and i love it! I personally don't need a lot of coverage, and I would say this BB cream provides light to medium coverage. I love that it has an adequate amount of protection from the sun, because its important to protect your skin from the sun. It doesn't have any particularly strong smell, and it's very creamy and blendable. I use it every day to just even out my skintone, and it's my go-to face product. It lasts through my whole day, which is pretty impressive because i am a cheerleader and I tumble and stunt, etc. and it still stays on strong. I would definitely recommend this product, and i think it's worth the high price tag because of how well it works and the amount in each tube.

on 2/15/2014 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The finish is good and it controlled the oil in my skin well. But I find the coverage surprisingly heavy for a BB cream - it's thicker, for example, than LM Tinted Moisturiser. For me a BB cream should be light and natural, and this is much more foundation-like. For that reason I wouldn't buy again.

on 2/10/2014 8:24:00 PM

I'm a long-time user of Smashbox's tinted moisturizer, which is admittedly more sheer, but I still like my facial makeup to be more or less of a natural finish. The more seamless evening out of skin-tone I get with tinted moisturizer is lacking in this BB cream. It feels and looks thick and sometimes cakey if you're not properly exfoliated and moisturized. As it's now winter, my skin suffers from the dryness of indoor heating and from the harsh winds outside (regardless of exfoliation and liberal amounts of moisturizer), so I avoid using this product because it just clings to dry spots or flakey areas. Even in the summer, this BB cream feels heavy and as someone whose skin errs on the oilier side, I've found that it exacerbates any natural sheen so that instead of a healthy glow, you get a small oil-slick around your T-zone as the day progresses.

on 2/10/2014 2:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I received a kit that contained travel size versions of this product in the shade Fair, along with the Photo Finish Primer and Halo Powder. I've been using this BB Cream for a little over a month now and I have to say that I really like it! This is the first western BB Cream I've tried that is comparable to Asian BB Creams!

Claims: Wear alone or as a primer, evens out for flawless skin, improves skin moisture by hydrating, minimizes shine without looking chalky

Pros: Good color match for my pale pale skin
Small amount is needed so it feels light
Skin looks very natural and flawless
Lasts all day
Contains SPF
Controls oil fairly well

Cons: Very expensive
Have to use a primer underneath to help make it more blendable
Does not do a very good job at hydrating

So does it live up to its claims? Other than claiming to improve skin hydration, yes it does. It is a very lightweight product but can easily feel heavy if you put too much powder on. My skin looks very evened out and naturally flawless when I wear this BB Cream. I would recommend that you only powder where necessary and with a light hand. Not a very good product if you have very dry skin and are looking for hydration so be aware!

on 2/7/2014 4:31:00 PM

I got this in one of those holiday sample boxes from Sephora. I figured a BB cream would be better for my skin during the winter months as it is suppose to by hydrating. When I first put it on, it looked fantastic, however, as the day wore on it broke down and I started to look patchy. This was with a primer on underneath. It also did nothing to hydrate my skin. If anything, it dried my skin out. I would not recommend this product to anyone who has normal to dry skin.