October 23, 2014 | 1584 users online

Bath Treatments - LUSH - Ro's Argan Body Conditioner

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by keishanicole

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not a rose fan but like this scent. Wish it was in a bottle and cheaper. Love how it makes my skin feels.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2013 11:41:00 PM More reviews by jumbojuice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am still on the fence whether or not I like the scent. I probably could grow to love it if I use it everyday. It last a long time. I don't like the packaging and I don't like the cost, but it does soften the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by wiwy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolutely LOVE this product! It doesn't smell like typical rose (that smell makes me sick), but a less powdery sweeter rose. It hydrates the skin really well and I never need to use body lotion when I get out of the shower. You don't need much each time and it lasts a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2013 7:20:00 AM More reviews by alh011

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love the feel, HATE the smell! This reminds me of something old ladies wear to church on a Sunday morning! My lovely BF gifted me this for Valentines Day this year (awww he's so thoughtful). I hate the smell but wow my skin feels FANTASTIC after using this. A little goes a long way so while it's expensive it should last you aaaaages.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2013 8:16:00 AM More reviews by xanshadowgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was recommended to me by the Lush girl as part of a three step routine. I was skeptical as I had been constantly plagued by itchy dry skin even before winter started as my legs always dry out even using a ton of lotion. Anyways I only bought steps 1 & 2 due to my budget this was step 2. After step 1 Dreamwash my skin felt soothed and I lost the urge to itch almost completely. Though I did feel like it left behind a residue that was probably supposed to be a primer for it's companion Dreamcream which was recommended as step 3. But who knows anyways Ro's Body Conditioner took care of that filmy feeling for me. I put it on and left it on for about a minute before rinsing off like I was told. But I don't think anything rinsed off I think my skin sucked it all up. I felt great my skin felt like it had one of my old thirty minute long moisturizing routines for only a minute and it's ten hours later and I still don't have the urge to itch! I'll probably go back for the Dreamcream for my really bad days when I can't hop in the shower but for now but for now I declare victory over my dry skin! HUZZAH!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 11:28:00 AM More reviews by wickedcoolmama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried a smaller tub that came in one of the holiday sets and I fell in love. I like how convenient it is to use...at the end of shower. I just brush off excess water and condition my body with this and blot dry with a towel after. I get lazy when it comes to moisturzing my body so this product works well for me because it is part of my shower routine. this gives supple moisture but sometimes I do feel the need to touch up my elbows and knees out of the shower. The thing I like about this is that I can use it on damp skin or dry skin. I like the smell too...but I can see that it is not for everyone. My almost 5 year old loves this too! I had to get her a big tub of it and she is so happy to call it her own :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 8:02:00 PM More reviews by harmonyl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

OMG this product is amazing!! my partner and i use it as a moisteriser once we have showered and just lightly pat dried so your still damp them rub it all over and omg it feels amazing and smells like happy! my skin feels moisterised and soft i thourt it may feel oily with not washing it off but its not its justlike silk.its smell well its so strong when you first put it on but slowly wears down over the day.i dont wear perfume wen i have this on. the rose jam smell cannot be explained it just has to be smelt.its not that yuckky musty smell it smells edible lol. the price is exy but so worth it. am going to get more it is a definate keeper!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 1:19:00 AM More reviews by SophieH

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an expensive product (~$30 for an 8-ounce jar) but worth it. You can use it in the way they recommend--applying it to your whole body while in the shower, then rinsing off--but you'll go through it really quickly that way. I've done it once or twice and have been happy with the results (moisturized, silky skin for a good 2-3 days after showering, with no need to reapply), but, honestly, that method is a pretty expensive replacement for regular body lotion. However, if you like your showers, and would rather do everything in the shower rather than afterwards, this will truly enable you to skip lotion after.

The way I use it is as a spot treatment for areas of my body that need extra TLC. I tend to get localized itchiness because I use a medication patch, and I have had lots of luck rubbing a bit of this into the spot where the patch has been. (I use it on dry skin.) It gets rid of the irritation and itchiness, and quickly cleared up some bruising and stretch-mark-type things that I got from repeatedly wearing and tearing off the patch in the same spot. It's also been great in areas that get itchy from hair removal and/or ingrowns, like the bikini line. I was surprised to find that it really cleared up those situations with daily use (again, just a little on dry skin).

I also use this every night on my hands before bed, and it has kept them soft and silky around the clock. I tend to have huge hand problems in the winter, between the weather and washing my hands all the time, but I don't like to reapply hand cream throughout the day. Most winters, my hands become disgustingly dry and scaly and frankly dandruff-y, even if I use a hand cream. It's hard to find something I can apply just once every 24 hours and still have totally beautiful hands all the time. Plus, I can tell you that this works even better than Dior Abricot Creme for Nails to keep cuticles tidy. Since I've been using this on my hands, I have not needed to trim or even push back my cuticles. They have stayed gorgeous.

As for the product itself, it takes a bit of time to sink in, and I am always worried about touching my hair and skin before it has done so...it's an intensely rich product and I'm sure it could cause greasiness to the hair and breakouts to the face if it got there. It comes in a typical Lush jar/pot thing that is sturdy and screws tightly closed, good for travel. The product I got is two different colors--pale pink at the edges of the pot and closer to white in the middle--but the part I use doesn't seem to make a difference.

Oh, and the smell. Rich, dark, sweet, juicy, edible, luscious. It smells deeply, darkly of roses, but is both sweeter and much less literal than one would expect, so try it even if you don't like rose scents. The scent is amazing in an over-the-top way that makes you think you must be leading some kind of charmed life or are actually royalty. I guess this kind of thing is true of Lush products in general, but I don't use them a lot, so this insane level of decadence came as a bit of a surprise to me. However, unlike many products with extraordinary sensory properties, this one happens to be truly useful. It is a multitasking work-horse that is brilliantly solving a lot of skin problems for me in a way that nothing else has. With the way I use it, it will last awhile, and is therefore a pretty good value. All in all, I love.

UPDATE: Bought my second tub and have found another use for it. Slather on feet, put on socks, go to bed. *Really* softens soles, callouses, etc. I started doing it every night and have been able to go much longer between pedis.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2013 1:08:00 AM More reviews by trafficdior

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh, this is just delectable. For $35 I expected this to leave my skin with dramatic results, and it didn't disappoint even in the slightest. The concept of a "skin conditioner for the shower" was what drew me in, initially. It's supremely creamy in texture and smells of rose essence. Lastly, it left my skin feeling like that of a baby's when combined with LUSH's Turkish Delight. Will be buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2013 7:42:00 PM More reviews by underage

Love love love this stuff! I got a sample and I'm definitely going to purchase the full size once I finish. I love in shower lotions as I hate the sticky feeling normal lotions leave. This kind of puts a film over your skin and is very moisturizing! The smell is amazing. It smells like rose so if you don't like roses this is not for you! It's strong at first but wears off during the day. Many companies have stopped selling in shower lotions so I'm so happy I found this!